Graduates!!!!!!!!!!

Mama-lisa
by-the-lake -6th IUI
blueyezz-3rd IUI
Masel-Clomid 3rd IUI
Joyakshi
Faye0- IUI #7-no meds
DM360-TTC 2 years, IUI#3 injectibles

If any of this info is not correct please mark in bold in your post and I will change it!
#2 of 105 Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aha!! The april iui thread! Thank you LACI!!!!!

I am only a few days in now....I am on day 4 and had my second injection of menopur today!!
I'm really excited about this IUI!

I still need a little advice/insight/comments. I have went from 100mg Clomid with (2) 75iu Bravelle----With ONLY ONE follie to.....

(10) 75iu Menopur!!! Is this too much? I hope I'm not going to make more than maybe 4 mature follies with this stuff.

Does anyone have any advice on this med, especially with this amount/quantity??? Has my RE lost his mind or is this a pretty good dosage for someone with poor response?

If you have used this med, how many follicles did you make??

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!
#3 of 105 Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Okay so I have never been on menopur however when I started injectables I started at 75 iu of Gonal so I think that is the standard dose to start with. I am now on 125 of Gonal. I know there are some women that have been on it so I think they may be able to help you with this question.
Since this is your first cycle of injectables there is no way of knowing how you will respond. I believe that the RE started you out on a low dose.
Hope this helps.
I have added you on the list!
#4 of 105 Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM

I'm here.

Can I be moved to waiting to know?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#5 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 AM

Hi Ladies, thanks for making the April thread Laci!!!

afm - 6 dpiui - super sore breasts, but other than that, no symptoms.....I'm not feeling very optimistic this month due to hubby's sperm wash, but I guess we'll see when I go for my blood test on the 9th!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#6 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 AM

Hi ladies! I am currently 6dpiui and not feeling much of anything. I have a little crampiness, but have had that a lot of cycles after ovulation with no pregnancy, so don't think it is a sign of anything. Sigh. This was my first IUI and I was really hoping to get lucky!

C- mama to K (8) and A (5.5) (8w5d) 10/08, new baby O-2.11.10
#7 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

quick post ( at work) AF is here! Baseline on Thursday!
#8 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 04:46 PM

Hi all - just a quick question - This is going to sound a little gross, however, I am currently now 7dpiui and am having a ton of yellow, thick discharge - is that normal??? It's a light yellow - but def. way more discharge than normal. Has anyone else experienced this?

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#9 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 05:04 PM

Hi, just wanted to say you can take me off the list. I think we're going to save up for IVF. Good luck to everybody! I'll be lurking and thinking good thoughts for you all.

tami - yeah, I think I've had that. I've heard it correlates with taking vitamins, you know how vitamins can make your pee bright yellow sometimes? If it is an infection, usually it will smell really strong or different than normal. I think I actually gave myself an infection once from checking my cervix 800 times a day.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#10 of 105 Old 03-31-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Court mosey on over to the Spring IVF thread and keep us posted!
GL!
#11 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM

I just wanted to wish everyone lots of luck this month as I sit this one out. We'll go to our appt. later this month and I plan to make it known that I'd like to try IUI again. Well, I guess my DH and will discuss this a bit before the appt as the other day he sounded interested in IVF and actually said that cost isn't the issue. So we'll see, and we'll see what my dr. has to say as well, but I think it's likely we'll try at least one more IUI first.

BEST OF LUCK to all of you--let's have lots of April graduates!!!
#12 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM

court- Best wishes for IVF.

Needle- You will be missed around here!

laci- WOOT! Good luck at your baseline appt!

So I mentioned this on the one thread but thought I would ask here too. Has anyone else had Progesterone make them sick? I am feeling really bad and am thinking that it is the progesterone.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#13 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 12:10 PM

Tami I think I remember having the same thing.

Needle - I hope we end up on the same cycle again

Court - Good luck keep us posted

afm - two cysts on right side 6cm and 3cm. Back on BCP for 2 weeks. Gonna call and make an accupunture appt today. DH and I did second appt for counseling last night and it went well. I finally convinced him to go along with the next cycle but then I had 2 cysts. Next session we will talk about him giving a commitment and not being so wishy washy!

Happy April Fools Day

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#14 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Test and day 2 u/s this morning. Test was BFN, which I already knew. U/S showed residual follicles and a cyst. So now I have to go on BCPs for 10 days. Can anyone tell me how that works? What happens after those 10 days? Will I get another period? Will I be able to start right away? I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back and meanwhile my head is swimming.
#15 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

In my experience you have to wait for you next cycle so you esentually take a month off. This is what I just had to do. My period came 28 days after the last one. Hope this helps!
#16 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM

DaisyMae & Becky - crossing my fingers the bcp gets rid of those cysts.

Court - good luck with ivf - I'll be there too if my next IUI doesn't work.

afm - AF arrived today !!!! which I thought was kind of odd, although that would explain the sore boobs and cramps......guess the IUI didn't work. On a good note though - this is my first real period since last year!! We're going to try clomid one last time, starting day 3 to 7, 100mg. My fingers are crossed it just works!!!!

Laci - Can you please move me to waiting to ovulate

#17 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Daisy- Wow, ten days is really short. Most docs go with a 21 day BCP cycle. Then you go in and get a scan, and if its gone, thats CD1 and you stop BCP's. You end up bleeding anywhere from CD1-on, or you may not. I would be afraid with only 10 days of supression, you will still have cysts. Cysts suck!!! I have spent many a day in cyst land!!! Sorry for your BFN

Nummies- Progesterone made me sick too!!! Sorry you have to take it. What DPO are you?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#18 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 PM

Hmmm...21? I guess 10 does sound short. But I talked to the nurse and it's really just 10 days. Then I call when I get day 1 after the BCPs and they'll start me on the follistim the next day. No follow up u/s. I already told my acupuncturist, so I'm heading to her on Monday which I think will help too. Listening to your stories, I'm worried that the cyst will still be there....and if it is, what happens if we just carry on?
#19 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM

daisy- Sorry about the cyst.

by-the-lake- I am 9 DPO today. And I am feeling awful. It sucks. I want to be done with this stuff.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#20 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Had first U/S today since BFP. Heartbeat 120bpm at 6wk2days.

Bythelake-how did your U/S go?

Daisey/Becky---good luck with those cysts...OUCH!:

Tami- congrats on a normal AF!
#21 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Daisy- I think that the cysts secrete estrodial, which can interfere with ovulation. However, if you are doing injectibles, I am not sure if the FSH shots override that. Are you seeing a RE? Can you demand an ultrasound after the BCP's? Or at least a baseline estrodial to make sure they are gone? My doc was uber careful with CD3 bloodwork and baseline U/S.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#22 of 105 Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, I'm seeing an RE. I go to Boston IVF, so I presume they know what they're doing. We're doing Follistim and Ovidrel. I asked the nurse if I needed to come back for an u/s after the BCPs. She checked with the RE and he said there was no need. Perhaps I'll ask about that again when I call on Day 1. I'm wondering if protocol depends on the size of the cyst?

Becky, good luck with your cyst situation. So frustrating. I'm thinking about you and your husband and hope you two can find some peace in this journey.
#23 of 105 Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Daisy I can't remember if I had to wait for AF after the BCP. I think I started clomid that night. I am on 2 weeks of BCP. Last time I still had the cysts after 14 days so I did a total of 21. Hope this time is shorter. I need to make an appt for accupuncture. Good luck!

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#24 of 105 Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

they said that I still have a cyst but it looks like it is going away even though it is bigger? They said I can startthe shots tonight and I have an appointment on Monday for u/s. We will see if they keep me on cycle or if I will be canceled on Monday.....
#25 of 105 Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 AM

Evening everyone!! So the fertility clinic called with hubby's morphology report and it wasn't good - only 3%.....so we've cancelled our IUI cycle and will look into starting ivf/icsi in May.

Laci - you can remove me from waiting to O.

I'll be lurking around in the meantime! Thanks for all your support!

#26 of 105 Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 AM

Laci- That is so weird! Hope you don't get cancelled.

tami- I know what that is like. Hope IVF does the trick for you.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#27 of 105 Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM

I am so upset!!! I had an appointment this morning to see how many mature follicles I have and to test estrogen before our iui monday. well I have been on menopur this cycle after having a poor response to clomid and bravelle. Anyways, Once again I only have one mature follicle. I am so depressed. I feel like I have wasted $4000.00! Why did I pay all of this money to make one follicle when I do that on my own naturally????? And to add the frosting to the cake, I have no more money left for treatment. Yay me, what a waste.
#28 of 105 Old 04-04-2009, 02:21 PM

Oh brittloup, I am so sorry hun! That is just awful. Do they have a reason for you not responding to meds??

AFM- BFN today. I tested so that I could stop my progesterone. I am feeling pretty defeated. I don't really know what else to say.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#29 of 105 Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post

AFM- BFN today. I tested so that I could stop my progesterone. I am feeling pretty defeated. I don't really know what else to say.
Oh I'm so sorry Are you confident that a 12 day test would be accurate? I guess it probably is, huh? I'm always checking up on you because I feel like we're in a similar situation. My dh's morphology is really bad. They didn't give us a percentage with the last IUI, but just said, "very few normal shapes."

Well, I hope you feel better, and find some peace.

Can I ask, was ivf successful right away for you guys when you did it?

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#30 of 105 Old 04-04-2009, 07:05 PM

So sorry to hear that Brittloup, but are you having the IUI anyway? Just imagine if it works... (fingers crossed for you...)

I am so tired of all of this and this is only my second IUI! (We've been trying for 6 years -- IVF and surgeries, etc...)

May I ask -- how can they tell if the Clomid isn't working? What do they look for? My doctor doesn't do any blood work or ultrasounds, so I have know idea if it's helping at all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page