Summer IVF - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 427 Old 08-28-2009, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beta is Tuesday. A very looooong 4 days away.

I don't want to get my hopes up either but this is just way more than I thought implantation spotting/bleeding would be. And isn't that usually brownish? This is pink. And cramps???

And very early for my period. Usually on progesterone it is 16-17 dpo. And normally I'm a 14 dpo girl. Like clockwork.

Ugh.
#302 of 427 Old 08-28-2009, 06:40 PM

:::
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
Beta is Tuesday. A very looooong 4 days away.

I don't want to get my hopes up either but this is just way more than I thought implantation spotting/bleeding would be. And isn't that usually brownish? This is pink. And cramps???

And very early for my period. Usually on progesterone it is 16-17 dpo. And normally I'm a 14 dpo girl. Like clockwork.

Ugh.
I'm sorry Christy. But I would say if this is extremely unusual for you, it might really be hopeful. A lot of women have all kinds of spotting with a pregnancy, pink or brown. It's light, right? I don't think you'd be getting your period here just yet. I am a 16-17 dpo girl on progesterone too and that is unwavering. Hang in there. I'm sorry the 2ww has added a new layer of :

Happily Blessed??? :::

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#303 of 427 Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM

poet, take good care!! Don't do a damn thing you don't have to. If you can send someone to the store for the ingredients and get them to make it, the electrolyte replacement stuff I had during labour with dd was great ("labourade"). It was purified water, fresh lemon juice, unpasteurized honey, and crushed calcium magnesium tablets. I hate Gatorade in concept and in reality, but I drank a ton of it and lots of smartwater during my cycle as well. love and light coming your way. I wish I had info for you on your levels etc, but I never kept track of mine. We all have our : for you this cycle.

Hope you are doing well, Happily Blessed and Tami, can't wait to hear from you.

Oh, ChristyMarie, how frustrating and worrying for you. Not fair. Another thing it might be is irritation from the progesterone (are you on shots or suppositories?). I had spotting from the suppositories, so scary. Thinking good thoughts for you :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#304 of 427 Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM

My beta was 5.9. My RE said it's too late in the game for the hcg inj to be showing. She thinks it might be late implantation and one stuck. So we do another beta on Monday. Please pray this sticks and my numbers rise
#305 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
My beta was 5.9. My RE said it's too late in the game for the hcg inj to be showing. She thinks it might be late implantation and one stuck. So we do another beta on Monday. Please pray this sticks and my numbers rise
Oh Happily Blessed, here's a sea of prayers that your numbers rise.
Take it very easy this weekend.

::

#306 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Hopes and prayers coming your way. : Take good care.

#307 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Sending prayers your way. Truly hoping for the best.

I'm out though. My period started full strength last night. I'm really sad. DH and I met in the kitchen around 3:30am and had a really good talk. We're both on board with moving onto adoption at this point. We knew our RE was going to suggest we move to a gestational carrier if this didn't work, probably with an egg donor and we really don't want to go that route. We'd much rather adopt a baby who needs a home.

Wishing you all my best.

ETA: Well now I'm just irritated. I called my doctor's office to cancel my bloodwork appt and set up my follow up with the RE. They want me to stay on progesterone and come in Monday for bloodwork just in case. They agree that it is way too early for a period even though this is probably a period. It is also too early for blood or u/s to confirm if I'm pregnant. Sigh. I just want to be done.
#308 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 PM

Christy, I am just so so SO sorry. I can understand you just wanting to be done and not wait it out for the beta. I am glad you and your husband are on the same page. That is not always possible and I'm glad you have that. But I feel the disappointment and sadness in your message and send you comfort, care, and support.

#309 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Totally barging in here, but Christy, please stay on your progesterone and get at least one beta done. I had amazing, huge amounts of bleeding during my early pregnancy. Heavier than a period, multiple times. You just never know. (But withdrawing progesterone in an early IVF pregnancy can cause the pregnancy to end - so don't take any chances is all I'm saying.)

Wishing you the best and that your baby will find you. IF sucks.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#310 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowyn View Post
Totally barging in here, but Christy, please stay on your progesterone and get at least one beta done. I had amazing, huge amounts of bleeding during my early pregnancy. Heavier than a period, multiple times. You just never know. (But withdrawing progesterone in an early IVF pregnancy can cause the pregnancy to end - so don't take any chances is all I'm saying.)

Wishing you the best and that your baby will find you. IF sucks.
:

Great advice from Elowyn and continued

~~~

We trigger tonight and retrieve on Monday...

#311 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 05:42 PM

ChristyMarie - I agree - keep up with everything even though it's hard... I'm sorry it's a tough go for you.

Happily - fingers crossed!

Poet - good luck!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#312 of 427 Old 08-29-2009, 10:48 PM

ChristyMarie. Take good care and be easy on yourself. It is good that you and your dh are on the same page and I sooooo understand that wanting to get it over with feeling, but I also agree with the others to just go through the motions with the progesterone and beta just.in.case.

#313 of 427 Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 AM

Hi ladies-
I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I had my transfer today....2 8-cell grade 1 embryos. We have a 19-month old daughter from FET which was our 2nd attempt after a m/c with our 1st fresh IVF cycle. Prior to that we had 4 failed IUI's and a laparoscopy. Our issue is tubal. This is our 1st attempt at baby #2. Anyway, I'm just looking for a place for support during the 10-day wait! I agree with whoever said they've forgotten alot! When I was going through it all the 1st time I NEVER thought I'd forget a single detail and yet I had to be reminded of so much this time around! I remember feeling weird towards those on chat boards that had already had successful IF treatment...thinking at least they knew that it could work for them and they'd have at least their 1 child. However, now I realize it's so much more for my daughter and my desire for her to have a sibling than it is for me...even though I'd LOVE to be pregnant again! I'm pretty much just rambling now, but I look forward to sharing other people's stories and hopefully offering some support!
#314 of 427 Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Hi Paytonsmommy! Welcome and congrats on your transfer. I feel the same way about a sibling for my dd, she is sooooo ready. But I did love being pregnant the first time and I'm sure I'll enjoy the non-nausea part of this one as well. In TTC #2, we did 2 fresh IVF w/ICSI cycles with 3 FET's in between, it's been a long road. We are happy to support you through the 2ww, it can be hard. Distract, distract, distract, that's all the advice I can give!! I'll check back for your updates.

#315 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM

Christy - I too agree with the others, keep up the progesterone until the final beta results are in. I've been there, with full period before beta. It's tough, but I've always found that doing something tough is a million times easier that the "what if's" that may bother me later.

Poet - I'm sorry, my E level wasn't that high so I don't have any advice. It does sound like your RE is taking your personal experience into account, which is great! I agree with CRM, don't do anything that you can do without. This is not the time to houseclean or strain yourself in anyway. Do whatever you can do prevent OHSS and I"ll be praying for a successful retrieval of many mature eggs. : :

Happily - :fingerx: Thinking of you and praying for a steadily rising hcg numbers.

Tami - So glad to hear about the good transfer. :

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#316 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM

Thinking of you all.

#317 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Paytonsmommy - welcome and congrats on a great transfer!

Happily Blessed - I've been thinking of you today and hoping your beta goes well.

As for me....um...holy sh!t...I'm pregnant. A little. My beta this morning (9dp5dt) was 111. My progesterone was 14.5. I always have progesterone issues. So on top of 3 doses of endometrium they are adding 2 progesterone (IN OIL, UGH!) shots daily. I go back in Wed to see if levels go up or down. I guess fingers crossed for now.
#318 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 PM

ChristyMarie - wow!!! Has the spotting calmed down? That is awesome news, and every single finger and toe crossed for you!

#319 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Happily Blessed - I've been thinking of you today and hoping your beta goes well.

As for me....um...holy sh!t...I'm pregnant. A little. My beta this morning (9dp5dt) was 111. My progesterone was 14.5. I always have progesterone issues. So on top of 3 doses of endometrium they are adding 2 progesterone (IN OIL, UGH!) shots daily. I go back in Wed to see if levels go up or down. I guess fingers crossed for now.
Holy cow! That beta is more than just a little, it's a good solid number. The PIO shots really aren't that bad. I actually preferred it to the suppository. Remember to warm the vial (sticking in your bra is an easy way) before injecting and rub the site afterwards. :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#320 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM

Oh, I've had the joy of the PIO shots before. I hate them. I'd much rather have the suppositories, even though I thought there were the most evil thing before I had to do the PIO. I guess I'm never happy. Unless I'm really pregnant, then I'll happily do as many PIO shots as they want. No problem!

And we're not spotting anymore - we were spotting Friday. Friday night it turned into one of my heaviest periods ever. Still is. With cramps. Which is why I'm not letting myself get very excited yet.
#321 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Oh my goodness - CONGRATS!!!! Yikes on the progesterone shots - as much as I complain about sticking 2 prometrium intravaginally 3X a day - I'd rather do that then more shots! Congrats again hun!! Can't wait to hear the updates!!

afm - still just waiting and waiting - 3 more sleeps!! dh went and bought a pregnancy test and wants me to take in the morning (I'll be 10dp3dt), but I'm not sure if I want too - what do you all think?? Is it even accurate at this point?? or should I just stick to the plan and go for beta on thurs.?

Hope you're all doing well!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#322 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 05:03 PM

Unless you're pretty convinced, tami, I wouldn't take it - I'd wait for the beta. It may or may not be accurate - it's so early. I actually DID -but I was almost positive I was pregnant (OHSS starting a week after transfer, other symptoms). I wouldn't have if I was still 50/50 on it. I'd rather prolong the unknown... and the sticks are often wrong if they say negative that early!

#323 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami1981 View Post
afm - still just waiting and waiting - 3 more sleeps!! dh went and bought a pregnancy test and wants me to take in the morning (I'll be 10dp3dt), but I'm not sure if I want too - what do you all think?? Is it even accurate at this point?? or should I just stick to the plan and go for beta on thurs.?
I wouldn't recommend it. I did that one time (hoping for a pos to show dh before he left on a week long trip). The stick said negative, not even a shadow. I was crushed. 2-3 days later I had my beta, well over 300, so no question about that result. Wish I had saved myself the 2-3 days of heartbreak.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#324 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Tami - I too am anti - POAS, too much heartache.

ChristyMarie : wowowowoowow!! I know this has been a real rollercoaster for you - I'm so glad there's still hope!!! Poo on PIO shots, I have manageed to avoid them so far, nasty sounding. Take good care!!

Still thinking of you, poet. Take good care.

#325 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 PM

ChristyMarie - congrats on the fantastic beta number! sending big hopes that the bleeding stops and the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. :

Tami - im reckless and will dissent from the group, i vote for peeing on that stick! wishing you good luck in whatever you decide!

~sarah
#326 of 427 Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I am so glad you didn't give up and went in! I am so happy for you. The progesterone shots don't hurt. (compared to the Fragmin, its a walk in the park )

AFM - the second beta went down so I am out. No more ART for me. We had a one shot deal where it came to the money.

God bless you all and I will continue to pray for you!
#327 of 427 Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 AM

Happily - I'm so sorry hun, you'll be in my prayers.

AFM - I'm NOT going to test, I can't, so I will hold out and wait for Thursday......it's only a few more days anyway! I am terrified for a negative, and I have this sinking feeling that this cycle didn't work......guess we shall see though.

Hope everyone is doing well

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#328 of 427 Old 09-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Wow, what a day on here!

Christy, what a turn of events. Wow, just Wow! : I'm so happy for you.

Happily, I'm so sorry the numbers did not go up. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you whatever your heart needs. It's such a hard journey with no guarantees and I am very sorry for the way this unfolded.

Today was the retrieval. It went well but I guess I was really confused about it all. There were 34 eggs...but most were immature, so really, there were 11 eggs that will attempt to be fertilized. With my estradiol #s so high and with the 17-22 follicles we measured last time, I really thought there would be about 17. I guess for me a 16 mm egg is not a mature egg. I was so out of it and supposedly after the retrieval I was crying and wanting to know why there were not more eggs. I don't remember any of this and apparantly I made it quite miserable for DH who said everyone was happy and no one could understand why I was upset. Not that 11 eggs is bad, it's just that last time we had 9 and I only had one viable egg in that group. I was sort of led on to believe we'd have double that and I would feel confident that we'd get a few more. Now I'm scared again that we won't get any. DH did say these were much bigger so I hope everything is ok. I've been kind of off my rocker, I can blame this on the estradiol of 6000, can't I? Hoping tomorrow for good fertilization news. The anesthesia was so much more intense for me this time. I've slept the entire day, now very crampy. Here's hoping...

#329 of 427 Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 AM

Alright clearly I'm going to have to let this go and move forward positively, but please help me understand what I am missing.
I am really confused. If I had this many follicles on Aug. 28th:
23, 21.5, 19.5, 19, 18.5, 17.5, 16.5, 16, 15.5, 2@15, 4@14.5, 14, 13.5, 13, 12.5, 10.5
how, 4 days later did we only get 11 eggs?

Last time before trigger my follicles were: 21, 18.5, 17, 3@15, 13.5, 12.5,11.5, 11 and we got 9, granted 5 were immature and one was a cyst.

This time maybe they are not including immature eggs/empty follicles in the count? Maybe last time they told me 9 so I wouldn't feel so hopeless? I am just confused and want to understand more than anything.

Sorry for the obsession. I just thought I understood this all by now.

11 eggs, I'm behind them 100%!

#330 of 427 Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
I've been kind of off my rocker, I can blame this on the estradiol of 6000, can't I?
I'm sorry I can't help you understand your numbers, I didn't get as detailed info with my cycles and I am not as knowledgable as many women on these boards. As for feeling nutty - yes, you can and should blame the estradial. Please treat yourself as if you have just found out that someone spiked your drink - you are not yourself and you need to really be gentle with yourself, protect yourself from others if you have to and not make any rash judgements (or operate heavy equipment). Treat yourself as if you're having a bad trip, if you can imagine that. Take good care and : to you and those 11 fabulous eggs!!!

Many many hugs, Happily. I am so sorry. Be gentle with yourself and good luck on the next stage of your journey.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page