Summer IVF - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 427 Old 09-05-2009, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Rough night here. So my innocent spotting turned to red bleeding and then I began to have the most terrible cramps, just doubled over, could hardly breathe. It was getting worse so DH made me call the oncall people at 4 am. The RE was paged and said he said there could be a little early implantation going on but that this is also me having symptoms of OHSS, the ovaries swelling and that now is when it creeps up. Maybe my small size and strangely placed ovaries and uterus is making it much worse?
I took tylenol which got me to sleep a few hours, but I'm starting to cramp and bleed again. I didn't know OHSS could involve bleeding and cramping. I'm somewhat bloated and nauseous, but no high temp, lack of urination or weight gain. I hope I don't have an infection or anything and that this is not interfering with the embies settling in. Ay, my poor body.

Thanks for the support Katie and Kelly.
I am so sorry for your situation right now. I pray you will feel better soon.
#362 of 427 Old 09-05-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
I am so sorry for your situation right now. I pray you will feel better soon.
Thanks so much Happily Blessed. This was scary. As of now, I am happy to say there is no more bleeding and the cramping is largely over. I may have a UTI, I'm not really sure. I can only hope for an uneventful rest of the 2ww and that this was all my body struggling to recover/implantation.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#363 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Poet - I'm sssoo sorry to hear about your rough night.

I will say that I did continue to have cramping off and on for a while after both ER and ET. I do think the ovaries are just struggling to get back to normal size. Make sure you keep up the resting and ease back into normal life.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#364 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 02:24 PM

poet!!! Sending you massive :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#365 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 02:59 PM

(((Poet)))

I really hope you are feeling better and that the rest of the 2ww is uneventful and successful!
#366 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Ducking in to send a big hug to Poet and to let you know that you're in my thoughts. Hope this is but a small blip on the road to that perfect baby.

xo

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#367 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 PM

You gals are the best. Thank you for giving me so many hugs and well wishes. I was relieved the bleeding stopped but the cramping has been pretty bad, lower back is throbbing, and off/on cramping in the uterus, pretty severe this afternoon. I was just bawling. Tylenol is not helping. I'm not sure anything could safely implant with all that's going on, but what do I know? I remember women going through severe OHSS (I feel terrible for them retroactively!) and still being pregnant. I did develop a UTI as well and that's triggering a lot of additional cramping. And I'm throwing up. About all I can do is watch movies. What's weird (and relieving) to me though is that I don't have OHSS. I'm peeing constantly, no temp and have lost a pound or two if anything. The RE just says this is my body recovering from the high stim and estrogen.
Have any of you ever wondered throughout your ART processes, 'what am I doing to myself?' or 'what am I putting myself through?' I mean I want a baby more than anything. I'm 35 and this is our 35th try. But in the past few days, it has seemed at times like maybe this is all too much. I so very much hope I'm pregnant, God knows I do, but this is all so intense, I also hope to just get through the next week.

#368 of 427 Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Have any of you ever wondered throughout your ART processes, 'what am I doing to myself?' or 'what am I putting myself through?'
Yes. Oh, yes. You are in good company there.

Fingers crossed for you!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#369 of 427 Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM

I wish you all well. I am going to unsubscribe from this thread, as I am finding that dealing with the secondary infertility is becoming overwhelming for me.

I pray that you will all get your desires of your heart.
#370 of 427 Old 09-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
I wish you all well. I am going to unsubscribe from this thread, as I am finding that dealing with the secondary infertility is becoming overwhelming for me.

I pray that you will all get your desires of your heart.
Thank you Happily Blessed. I understand the need to walk away from here. Thank for your support. I am so sorry it's been such a hard path and I wish the same for you, that you get the desires of your heart.

~~~~~

Not sure really who is on here at this point as most have finished...but the cramping situation has improved and I am feeling more relaxed now. We did a 7 day progesterone read and it was 47.7. I've always had low progesterone and it's never been higher than 15 on a medicated cycle for me. That seems really good to me since I am using suppositories and they don't really register in your bloodstream/reflect in the blood draw. I asked again today if the embryos could still implant with all that cramping and you know, they give such neutral answers. We'll know next week....Could be alright....
I guess I want someone to tell me what can't be told. I made an appt. for an acup treatment tomorrow.

#371 of 427 Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Not sure really who is on here at this point as most have finished...but the cramping situation has improved and I am feeling more relaxed now. We did a 7 day progesterone read and it was 47.7. I've always had low progesterone and it's never been higher than 15 on a medicated cycle for me. That seems really good to me since I am using suppositories and they don't really register in your bloodstream/reflect in the blood draw. I asked again today if the embryos could still implant with all that cramping and you know, they give such neutral answers. We'll know next week....Could be alright....
I guess I want someone to tell me what can't be told. I made an appt. for an acup treatment tomorrow.
I'm still lurking along, and will be until the end. I agree, the tww is when I truly wished for a sign from above, or that I could put complete faith in a psychic. All you can do now is try to maintain your inner peace. You've done what you could and the rest is left up to fate/God/whatever you believe in.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#372 of 427 Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I'm still lurking along, and will be until the end. I agree, the tww is when I truly wished for a sign from above, or that I could put complete faith in a psychic. All you can do now is try to maintain your inner peace. You've done what you could and the rest is left up to fate/God/whatever you believe in.
Thanks Julia's Mom, you are truly fabulous. Yes, I really want to just call a hotline at this point. Today my acupuncturist said he felt a pregnancy pulse. Between that and the high progesterone draw, I am trying to RESIST the urge to extrapolate here. We both logically concurred that it could be pregnancy or a pulse that reflects all the stimulation of this cycle.
(plays with paper clips, learns to make scones from scratch, invents new language...what else?)

#373 of 427 Old 09-09-2009, 03:57 PM

poet.

Learn to knit?

www.knittinghelp.com
www.knitty.com

Beta is when?

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#374 of 427 Old 09-09-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm still lurking to see how it turns out for you. I'm hoping for the best!
#375 of 427 Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 AM

Hey poet, I'm still here, I was just away for a few days.

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a lot better. I too have wondered just what the hell I am doing to myself. Whenever I come across info on risks of IVF etc. I just pass on by because I know I'm going to do it anyway, I know there are risks, why dwell, right?

Ooooohhhhh, the 2ww is hard. It is so difficult to be hopeful and positive but not make yourself crazy with extrapolation (good word). Bad bad TV and bright coloured mystery novels, the kind where the title is embossed gold and they never actually get laid. I know you're a real writer, so send someone else to the library if you're too embarrassed.

Um, when's your beta? Sending you : all the way.

#376 of 427 Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM

Thanks Fiberlover, Christy and CRM. It means a lot to still have you hanging with me. Beta is Monday. Last time on beta day, DH had to travel overnight and I was alone. It was dreadful. He hasn't had to do that since but wouldn''t you know, Monday night...I'm on my own again.

This probably accounts for my mental health more than anything, but last ivf I was crying already by this time, I just knew, whereas DH was sure we were pregnant. Now I've been very happy and upbeat the past few days and it's DH who is being cautious.

#377 of 427 Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM

A very cautious update. After feeling really hungry, thirsty and not interested in my decaf coffee all week, I caved yesterday and took an internet cheapie test. Really it was because pessimistic DH announced on Friday I was 75% chance pregnant. I said no, 50%. So I thought I'd show him the white test and we'd get back to reality. This was 11 dp ER and 12.5 dp trigger. Within 5 minutes, there was a faint pink line, and I mean faint. But we saw it and we've tried to see things before. He then upped it to 83% and I went 53%. These are extremely fuzzy stats. lol
Then last night I had one of those crazy sex dreams where you actually um, have an orgasm, which I know was a big sign for a few others. So I did the cheap test today and the faint line was easier to see, pink, faint within 5 minutes. Just cautiously encouraged here, hopefully a blood level of at least 20 hcg at 12 dp ER...but I know I need a good 2 wk beta, a good second beta and a HB.

#378 of 427 Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 PM

: I understand your need for caution. And I am excited that you have "postive" heehee news to report. Stay zen, girlie. :

#379 of 427 Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Sounds very promising!!
#380 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Poetgirl,

I wanted to wish you luck on this thread too!!! We were on the thread for 12+ months together in TTC. I'm so excited for you and the lines there are real girfriend!!! I can't wait for your beta results and all your exciting news!!!! :

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#381 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Poet, that is awesome.

I know you need a good beta, second, and heartbeat. BUT. RIGHT NOW, take some joy in the fact that you are pregnant! Pink line means it.

:::

(Of course I'm still in the uh, yeah I'm pregnant but afraid phase too until I have a HB on the u/s and then, until I pass 10 weeks. So I get it.)

BUT, I'm so happy for you today. :

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#382 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Thanks for such amazing support. We'll see what tomorrow brings of course, that is the big day, but my sense of smell is definitely shifting and I've got a positive ept digital with the never-seen words "pregnant" on them which came up almost right away. Y'all this is try #35. I'm not sure I ever thought I would see that! Hoping and praying for a strong beta.

Tenk, of course I remember you! Thanks so much!

Michelle, Look at your ticker! Congratulations! All early fears well understood. Sending lots of nestling, sticky, healthy vibes your way.

#383 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Poet: I continue to follow your story and pray for you! Here's hoping tomorow goes well!!::

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#384 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 05:41 PM

YAYAYAYAY, Poet! :

I've been stalking you as well and I am so thrilled for you! Can't wait to hear about your beta results.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#385 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Poet: : Another stalker-lurker de-lurking to send you loads and loads of sticky bean vibes!!! :

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
#386 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Poet::: I know you are still waiting for total confirmation so I will wait until you are more sure- but - so excited for you over here!!!!!
#387 of 427 Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM

Poet I'm really really hoping for good news tomorrow!
#388 of 427 Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM

poet!!! congratulations!!! ::: i've been away from my computer for a few days so missed the big announcement. i'll keep everything crossed for high beta numbers.

~sarah
#389 of 427 Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM

Man, this is what I get for taking a weekend off of MDC.

CONGRATULATIONS POET! : : : I am over the moon for you! May you have a good strong beta today and keep that peace until hb.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#390 of 427 Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Oh... I have goosebumps...keep us posted Poet!!!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page