Summer IVF - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 427 Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daisy - Sorry it wasn't sticky. However, I'm glad the RE was so hopeful and had such good info. My first ivf stuck, but then miscarried later on. The next ivf that made it to transfer also stuck, and so far so good. Hopefully it will be the same for you. So...remind me...do you have any frozen? Are you looking at a FET or another fresh cycle?

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 427 Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
I don't blame you for wanting to move on! I didn't know that about chemical pregnancies, but it makes some sense.
I don't know if that's the case for everyone, but in our particular situation apparently it is. I guess there were studies done and women who had never previously conceived and then had a chemical pregnancy on their first IVF cycle (which indicates that there is an ability to conceive) went on to higher success rates. Whatever it is, I'll take it!

Julia'sMom, we ended up with two embryos to freeze but we will do another fresh cycle. I am off of work for the summer (I teach high school) so it really is the best time to do it. I don't know if I would maybe try FET cycle after that, but fingers crossed that I don't have to make that decision!
#63 of 427 Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM

**Posted in Spring ivf thread too**

Daisy - how are you doing?

AFM - I finally received my protocol!! I am now on BCP's and will do two cycles. We are officially doing our first IVF cycle in August.......I start 225IU of Puregon on August 7th, then followed by Orgalutron August 12th......with ER the week of the 19th!!!...........couple quick questions if you don't mind.........what dose and cost was your Puregon?? side effects? and has anyone used Orgalutron? (I've never heard of it)......Thanks ladies - I know you've all probably answered these questions, so I apologize in advance if you have!

Thanks!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#64 of 427 Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Tami - Yeah for getting a protocol! That always makes it seem so much more real. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with those drugs, so I hope someone else can chime in and help you out. Good luck!

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#65 of 427 Old 07-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Ok, so I had my 3rd beta today and from what I understand the doctor is just waiting for my numbers to go down and the test to be "negative."

Here's how things have gone:

Thurs beta #1 - 14
Friday - Started spotting, turned into full flow
Sunday beta #2 - 54
Tues - Bleeding over
Wed beta #3 - 149

They said sometimes the number rises before it goes back down, but why did it continue to rise even after my "period" or whatever the heck that was had stopped? I go back in for beta #4 on Monday and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone else had this happen with a chemical pregnancy? It's very frustrating.
#66 of 427 Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 AM

ummm...the question is, was it a chemical pregnancy. Those numbers are doubling. Not trying to give false hope, but it makes you go hmm.....

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#67 of 427 Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 AM

Hey DaisyMae. It looks like things have been very confusing. If it were me, I'd hold off on that glass of wine. Was your AF normal for you? What a weird thing to go through, I hope you are not too stressed. Take good care and let us know.

I started suppression yesterday, hate it already.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#68 of 427 Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 AM

Hi Tami. I was on Puregon - my first cycle I was on about the same dosage as you, and by this last cycle I was on 400, with a top-up of Repronex - I'm gettin' old! I have not used Orgalutron, but I know our clinic does prescribe it. I can't remember the cost off-hand and I'm at work, but it was expensive! A 900 vial was over $1,000 (that lasted me 2.5 days... fun!).

DaisyMae - this is sounding very odd - hope you get some answers...

CRM - good luck with suppression... fingers crossed!!!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#69 of 427 Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM

DaisyMae - popping in to offer my sympathies and chemical pregnancy experience. I conceived on bcp and lupron shots during our first IVF attempt. My hcg was 19, stayed at 19 48 hours later and a few days later, after I started bleeding, was up to 21 (the highest it got). It did, however, take about 8 weeks for it to return to below 5 so we could cycle again. This is NOT normal though, and it was completely frustrating and perplexing to everyone.

It is odd to me though that yours is continuing to go up (and is doubling) and it makes me wonder if you might be pleasantly surprised after all (hopefully). :

The limbo however completely sucks

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#70 of 427 Old 07-03-2009, 10:58 AM

I'm hanging in there. Just a little frustrated and a lot confused. My period seemed to be just a normal period. Same flow, same duration as always. I just don't understand why the hcg is still increasing _ and doubling as you ladies have pointed out - if I had a period and this is truly a chemical pregnancy. And if it's not a chemical pregnancy, why did I have my period? My doctor insists that it is a chemical despite the rising numbers because when mine was at 149 they would expect it to be over 1000 in a viable pregnancy.

The thing is, what I've read says it's not so much the number, but the doubling rate that matters. So maybe I would be more hopeful if my doctor weren't so insistent and if I hadn't had a period. I think that's what makes this totally confusing. Thanks for all of the support. Beta #4 is on Monday. I'll let you all know jow that goes.
#71 of 427 Old 07-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Perdita - Thanks for the info........my pharmacy called me and let me know that costs of all the meds - yikes!!!

Daisy - I too find it odd that your numbers are doubling - now I know that they may not be as high as others, but I have also heard the same as you - as long as it's doubling, then it's good............guess you'll know Monday when you get your 4th beta......crossing my fingers for you hun.

crazyrunning - How is suppression going? I'm currently suppressing too and not loving it - I find that I'm pretty moody lately, despite my hubby's attempts at making me feel better!!

AFM - I'm just waiting for August!!! Currently on BCP's and mooooody!!! I've also been put on iron (300mg ferrous gluconate) and find it slightly constipating - anyone else experience this??

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#72 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
The thing is, what I've read says it's not so much the number, but the doubling rate that matters. So maybe I would be more hopeful if my doctor weren't so insistent and if I hadn't had a period. I think that's what makes this totally confusing. Thanks for all of the support. Beta #4 is on Monday. I'll let you all know jow that goes.
good luck tomorrow at your beta. Please give us an update and take good care of yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami1981 View Post
crazyrunning - How is suppression going? I'm currently suppressing too and not loving it - I find that I'm pretty moody lately, despite my hubby's attempts at making me feel better!!

AFM - I'm just waiting for August!!! Currently on BCP's and mooooody!!! I've also been put on iron (300mg ferrous gluconate) and find it slightly constipating - anyone else experience this??
Hey tami. Sorry I don't have any info for you on those meds, I have used the same ones both times and will again this time (Gonal R and repronex). Why are you on iron? It can totally be constipating, and so can the drugs, so be careful. Being constipated on ER day is so awful, you really need to stay on top of it. It is a bit of a joke around this board because I am always talking about it, but I was SO MAD : when it happened to me and the nurses at my clinic were all "oh yes, that's common". Could someone not have warned me??? So ya, suppression and the bcps are making me a bit moody/crabby as well.

Where did everyone else go? Seemed like there were a lot more people on this thread when it got started. Hope everyone is doing alright. And eating lots of steamed veggies, big salads and fruit! :

#73 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Daisy - Thinking of you today.

Tami - I've had to take iron before and it is rough. Stay on top of the constipation for as CRM says, it can get a lot worse. If diet isn't helping, think prune juice and tons of fluids, then there are some over-the-counter products to help. I can't remember what was recommended during ivf, but I'm sure your clinic knows. All the drugs can wreck havoc on your system.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#74 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 AM

I was thinking too - there are some iron supplements you can take that are plant-based and apparently much gentler on your system. This is one that has been recommended to me:

http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...cts/R64771.htm

Pretty sure you can get it in Canada...

DaisyMae - thinking of you...

#75 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks all for the info on the Iron - much appreciated!!!

crm - I'm not too sure why they've got me on the iron - I was doing what I was told, ha ha. I will ask though because I am a little curious myself........maybe it's because I used to have low iron?? So far I think I'm keeping on top of the fluids to keep myself from getting constipated......crossing my fingers it stays that way!

How is everyone today?? It's raining here - finally!! We've had nothing but heat and sun for weeks, so it was nice to get a little break today.

Hope you're all doing well!

#76 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Hi ladies, not a happy update for me, unfortunately. Friday night shortly after I posted here I started bleeding again - pretty heavily. Beta today was down to 25 so that's that. I'll go back in for another beta one week from today to make sure things get to zero and then will wait for my next period at which point I'll start bcps and move onto IVF #2. What a struggle!

I hope everybody else is doing well.
#77 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 PM

I am so sorry to hear this take care of yourself

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#78 of 427 Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 PM

DaisyMae08 ~ I am so very sorry. I was praying for you and hoping for the best. Please be gentle with yourself.
#79 of 427 Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 AM

DaisyMae - I'm so sorry hun, sending big hugs your way

#80 of 427 Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Oh, I'm so, so sorry. I was hoping for a miracle for you

#81 of 427 Old 07-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Daisy - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Be kind to yourself in these next few weeks before ivf #2.

~ Sarah
#82 of 427 Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 PM

DaisyMae

#83 of 427 Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 AM

So sorry Daisy.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#84 of 427 Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 AM

Daisy. I'm so sorry.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#85 of 427 Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Bought my injectible meds and had my first session back at accupuncture today. My, how the $$$$$$$ flies.......

Hope you are taking care Daisy.

#86 of 427 Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM

Thanks ladies, I'm doing okay. I'm really just ready to get on with IVF attempt #2, but unfortunately can't really guage when that will start since I have to wait now for a natural period to come before I can start BCPs.

Good luck to those of you currently in a cycle!
#87 of 427 Old 07-09-2009, 05:59 PM

crm - I just picked up mine too $$$$$$$$$$$ - can't believe how quick it adds up!

Daisymae - Hope AF shows up soon for you so that you can get on with a new cycle!!!

#88 of 427 Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm sorry it didn't stick this time Daisy.

I'm scheduled for an August cycle with an egg donor. We had a terrible time pinning one down as our first choice ended up not suitable and our second choice had to drop out too due to an STD.

Still waiting to hear if any of our other choices are able to commit.

Assuming we pin one down in the next week or so then the transfer will be around August 24th.

survivor. Missing my three miracles 12-30-09
#89 of 427 Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceround View Post
I'm sorry it didn't stick this time Daisy.

I'm scheduled for an August cycle with an egg donor. We had a terrible time pinning one down as our first choice ended up not suitable and our second choice had to drop out too due to an STD.

Still waiting to hear if any of our other choices are able to commit.

Assuming we pin one down in the next week or so then the transfer will be around August 24th.
Sending you lots of good luck in getting your donor.........I am currently waiting to start my IVF cycle and am donating half my eggs to another couple.:

#90 of 427 Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Okay, things are getting close for me. I finished bcp's, waiting for AF, and I just looked through all of my needles etc. to make sure nothing is missing (time for first injection would be a BAD time to find that out). Breathing....

Is anyone else stimming yet? What news?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page