Summer IVF - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the info, Perdita. Yay for normal pg symptoms!! :

Had my first u/s today. I have "tons" of follies on both sides, something like >17 on the right and >13 on the left that are 10mm and above. They counted quite a few that were 13, 15 mm. So instead of upping my doses and freaking me out, they told me to wait for b/w results cause they were going to reduce or cut me down to no meds today. They just called and want me to take 37.5 of Repronex only today (down from 75 of Repronex AND 75 of Gonal F up til now). More b/w and another u/s on Saturday, looks like ET is likely Monday (cause it has to be 36 hours after the trigger shot and the earliest I could do that now is Saturday night, is that making sense?). Still feeling bloated, perhaps I will buy some chips :

Hope you're not where the fires are, Tami!

Take care all :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=I'm doing okay, my dd just passed out in front of the TV, making me a slacker mom who now doesn't have to guide her through bedtime routine. We get through it how we can, right? How are you feeling? Still on the iron?[/QUOTE]

LOL - I just read this while looking at my 3yr old sitting in front of the tv! I'm feeling alright.....no headaches for the last 2 days, so I'm not complaining......as of yet!!! I'm still on the iron and keeping my fluids up - so far no constipation!! woo hoo!!

YAY for tons of follies!!! I can't wait to hear how the ET goes - I'm sending you tonsssss of good luck! I'm sure they'll get a whole bunch :

I'm about an hour from the fire so were safe for now......thankfully it started raining a bit - it hasn't in forever, so I'm hoping that it helps. There were three fires in total, two of them are contained and the third is raging out of control and has now burned over 2000 hectares of forest and is getting closer to the houses and community in that area......I'm hoping for a miracle that they get it under control soon.

Besides the bloating, you sound like you're doing really well!! Keep up the good work!! and keep me posted on everything!! send you good vibes :

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
Old 07-25-2009, 02:50 AM

I am so glad to be able to be going through this cycle with all of you.

I went in yesterday for a pre-lupron ultrasound. Found I have a large cyst and will go for an in-office "surgery" to aspirate the cyst on Tuesday. Then I will stop the bcp's and be a few days off of the original schedule.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post

I went in yesterday for a pre-lupron ultrasound. Found I have a large cyst and will go for an in-office "surgery" to aspirate the cyst on Tuesday. Then I will stop the bcp's and be a few days off of the original schedule.
sorry to hear about the cyst, but happy to hear you can still proceed with your cycle....even if a few days off!!

Sending you lots of good luck that it all goes well on Tuesday!!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
Old 07-26-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami1981 View Post

Besides the bloating, you sound like you're doing really well!! Keep up the good work!! and keep me posted on everything!! send you good vibes :
Thanks for the well wishes!
Quote:

Good luck with that! It's annoying when something pops up to slow things down, but it is better to get it dealt with (I had a cyst during my first IVF that wasn't addressed and ended up having an early m/c, I always wondered if the cyst contributed).

So, they had me on only a wee bit of meds on Thursday, nothing on Friday and I had an u/s and b/w today. Lots of follicles, many are big enough and when my b/w came back my estadial was NOT too high, so I trigger tonight (at 1am!!!! , then go for ER on Monday. They said to be there at 9am, but pretty much said we'd be waiting around. So, here we go. I have already begun on the Gatorade, but I was way too active today. Much laying around on the schedule for tomorrow!

Peace out everyone!!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 AM

CRM - how exciting!!! I am so excited for you! so sorry you have to get up on the middle of the night to do a shot, but how exciting!! Post on Monday to let us know how it all goes.

I have started bleeding. Not sure what it means at all because I am still on BCP's, on my second pack. I make sure I take them and don't miss one. It feels like AF. Of course its Saturday and I can't call my RE.

Do you think it could be break through bleeding or possibly the cyst ruptured on its own?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM

Hey Happily. I don't know what could be going on with you. Isn't there a 24 hour number for you to call? If I were you, I'd start a new thread ("Have a cyst, bleeding while on bcps") and ask everyone on this board, there is a lot of knowledge here. Take care

I managed to get up at 1am for the shot, feeling not too bloaty so far today.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 PM

Good luck, CRM! I hope everything goes well tomorrow!!!

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 AM

Everything crossed for you today, CRM!!!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM

good luck crm! i'll be thinking of you today and hoping for a hefty egg haul! :

~sarah
Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 PM

CRM - Good luck! I'm thinking of you today...

Happily - I too bled on bcp before. I was told it was break-thru bleeding and not a concern.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 PM

Thanks everyone! They had 7 ER's to do today, so we were there a loooooong time, just hurry up and wait. Actual ER went okay, but they gave me all my meds at once (at my request), and then when it was over I had a big cry (just like a drunk girl at a party). Our final count was 21 eggs!

Then we came home and now I just got up from a nap. I think I need more Tylenol, pretty sore and very bloated. Gatorade and chips for dinner!: Can't wait for the call tomorrow saying how many fertilized!

Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 AM

crm - YAY for 21!!!! : What a great number! Hope you get some rest and feel better soon!!

Let us know how many fertilize!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
CRM - how exciting!!! I am so excited for you! so sorry you have to get up on the middle of the night to do a shot, but how exciting!! Post on Monday to let us know how it all goes.

I have started bleeding. Not sure what it means at all because I am still on BCP's, on my second pack. I make sure I take them and don't miss one. It feels like AF. Of course its Saturday and I can't call my RE.

Do you think it could be break through bleeding or possibly the cyst ruptured on its own?
Did you recently start your second pack? I'm on my 4th straight pack and after the first 3 weeks I have gotten a LOT of breakthrough bleeding. At first it was like a regular period and now it is down to just spotting. Totally normal when you are skipping your period with bcp's.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM

congrats crm! what a great retrieval! i'll keep fingers crossed for you today for a great fert report! :

~sarah
Old 07-28-2009, 06:29 PM

So I start Lupron today.

I can't decide if I should try acupuncture or not. I've never been into it and no providers are near me. Which means a long drive, in traffic, being rushed so I can get back to pick my son up from preschool. In short, I'd rather not do it. Research seems to be inconclusive.

Did you do it? Not do it? Why?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
So I start Lupron today.

I can't decide if I should try acupuncture or not. I've never been into it and no providers are near me. Which means a long drive, in traffic, being rushed so I can get back to pick my son up from preschool. In short, I'd rather not do it. Research seems to be inconclusive.

Did you do it? Not do it? Why?
I have been doing acupuncture, but not twice a week like they recommend. You do have to balance the (possible) benefits with the extra stress of getting there, fitting it into your schedule, the $$, etc. I have liked it, but am not revolving my life around it. The clinic I go to does offer the option of just getting acupuncture on the day of ET (the work at the fertility clinic as well, so they're onsite). That could be an option.

My lab update: all 21 eggs were mature and 17 of them fertilized. :

Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM

christy - i didnt do accupuncture with either of my ivf cycles (got a bfp with both -- miscarried the first at 9weeks, then did a fet). my doc said its helpful, but didnt really push the issue. for me, i couldnt handle any extra appointments or the extra $$.

crm - awesome fert report, congrats!!

~ sarah
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
I have been doing acupuncture, but not twice a week like they recommend. You do have to balance the (possible) benefits with the extra stress of getting there, fitting it into your schedule, the $$, etc. I have liked it, but am not revolving my life around it. The clinic I go to does offer the option of just getting acupuncture on the day of ET (the work at the fertility clinic as well, so they're onsite). That could be an option.

My lab update: all 21 eggs were mature and 17 of them fertilized. :
That is so awesome! 17 fertilized!!! Yeah!!!

I have been doing accupunture since the beginning of May. It has helped me tremendously to decrease my stress and learn how to deal with this insanity. I am also using relaxation c.d.'s by anjionline.com that works wonderfully! Dh says he is starting to get in touch with his inner woman and feeling his fallopian tubes. The RE laughed at him when he said that today saying "you know you have fallopian tubes, they are just called vans deferans"

The appointment for the cyst aspiration went wonderfully today because it didn't happen! I have been praying since I found out that God would take it away and when she did the ultrasound found that it went from 18mm to 8mm, and that this was acceptable. She said that the cyst rupturing was the cause of the bleeding. This was totally acceptable with me!

We start the Lupron friday. I am going to do the lupron flare protocol.

Bring on the lupron loopies! (I need to go buy some tylenol for this!)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post

crm - awesome fert report, congrats!!
Thanks! :
Quote:
That is so awesome! 17 fertilized!!! Yeah!!!
....The appointment for the cyst aspiration went wonderfully today because it didn't happen! I have been praying since I found out that God would take it away and when she did the ultrasound found that it went from 18mm to 8mm, and that this was acceptable. She said that the cyst rupturing was the cause of the bleeding. This was totally acceptable with me!

Oh, I'm so glad your prayers were answered (and that is the reason I had hoped for for the bleeding). Good luck with the Lupron, it can be hard to take. Go easy on yourself and tell you dh to take you (and any odd behaviour) with a grain of salt! :

Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM

:::Yay for SEVENTEEN fertilized! That's amazing:::

Quote:

Congrats on the cyst. So we'll be doing this at about the same time.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 AM

CRM - Congrats on the great fertilization report! : : Grow little embies, grow : :

As for accupuncture, I didn't do it. Considered it, but couldn't stomach ponying up the additional funds, plus child care and all else. Still got bfp's. : I did work seriously on destressing and relaxation techniques at home.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 AM

Just lurking...

I have had 4 rounds of IVF. I considered acupuncture for them, but never ended up doing it - it just seemed like a PITA to organize.

What did seem to make a difference on the two successful rounds (1st and 4th) was taking time off - I took off 2 weeks with the first round, and 5 weeks (!) this time. I have no idea whether it was coincidence or not, but it sure made everything easier.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Hello all you lovely ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well today

crm - That's so great to hear about the 17 that fertilized! wooo hooo - how are you feeling?

happily - That is so wonderful that the cyst is co-operating!! Sometimes things happen just when we need it the most!

christy - how are you feeling?

afm - I'm still rockin my bcp's, prenatals, and iron.......last bcp on the 3rd, then start the puregon on the 7th! Yay for getting started soon!!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 PM

Well!! My actual RE called this morning, and he has never personally called before, so of course I had a heart attack, thinking something had gone terribly wrong. He was calling to say the embies are looking very good and to discuss with me going for a 5 day transfer. If I do a 3 day, I can transfer 3 embies due to my age, and if we do a 5 day transfer, we would transfer 2 blasts. They will call me tomorrow with an update - how many they will freeze tomorrow, how many they are taking to day 5 IF there are still enough left to do so, otherwise we will be hopping in the car tomorrow morning for a day 3 ET after all. Nothing like a predictable life! I am feeling better today and the 3 pounds I put on have come off. Still taking it easy and drinking Gatorade :

Old 07-29-2009, 05:24 PM

I'm glad the pounds are coming off!

Wow - nothing's ever certain hey. Regardless of outcome of the cycles, I was always SO glad at the end that I wasn't at the clinic's beck and call any more...

Thinking nothing but good thoughts for you!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM

Crm ~ I just wanted to say that I am praying for you and how wonderful that 17 fertilized! I am so excited for you : !!!

Sending positive :
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM

CRM: Congrats on 17 embryos! That's wonderful. I am so happy for you.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 AM

Thanks everyone!!!
Feeling better today (but guilty about taking dd to childcare so I can lay on the couch and watch movies, but that was the plan for this week and I'm sticking to it!)

Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 AM

Yep, I did too. But remember it's for a VERY good cause

User Tag List