Summer IVF - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 427 Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Yep, I did too. But remember it's for a VERY good cause
True! which is why she's there again today!

The lab called and all 17 are still dividing!!! : They are going to freeze 6 today, then there are 5 or 6 that look good enough to take to blast stage, then the rest they are going to just watch (not good enough quality to freeze, but they might improve by Saturday). So we are now definitely looking at a day 5 transfer, which I have never had before. God, this is all so freaky.

Thanks again everybody for your prayers and well wishes, I so appreciate it!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 427 Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Happily - If you're stocking up on meds, I'd also be sure to have some tums on hand. The progesterone after ER slows everything down, hence the constipation and killer heart-burn.

It's so great that all three of you will be so close in your cycle; Happily, ChristyMarie & Tami. Yeah for cycle buddies! :

CRM - Your report sound awesome! I just know this is it for you. Both of my 5-days were successful.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#153 of 427 Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM

crm - glad to hear you get to go to day 5!!! woo hoo! Sending you lots of great vibes :

Happily & Christymarie - how are you????

Julia - I agree, it's always nice to be able to relate to others cycling at the same time

afm - three more bcp's left!! yahoo! Then on to Puregon on the 7th!!!

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:

#154 of 427 Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami1981 View Post
Happily & Christymarie - how are you????
:

I'm dealing with a lovely and apparently rare side effect of lupron. Dryness and itchiness/irritation down there. Ugh.

Then my period started so I called and I come in Monday for bloodwork. Then it stopped. Will it please make up its little mind?

And I have a bruise on my tummy. Bit irritable today.
#155 of 427 Old 07-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
CRM - Your report sound awesome! I just know this is it for you. Both of my 5-days were successful.
Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tami1981 View Post
crm - glad to hear you get to go to day 5!!! woo hoo! Sending you lots of great vibes :
I appreciate it, taking all I can get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
:

I'm dealing with a lovely and apparently rare side effect of lupron. Dryness and itchiness/irritation down there. Ugh.

Then my period started so I called and I come in Monday for bloodwork. Then it stopped. Will it please make up its little mind?

And I have a bruise on my tummy. Bit irritable today.
Aw, man! Don't you just love being the exception to the rule (not!) The lupron can make you grumpy too, take it easy on yourself

#156 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 PM

ChristyMarie - Ugh, sorry to hear about the dryness/itchiness.......darn period - I hate it when she messes with me, hoping she makes up her mind!!! Hope you feel better today hun!

Crm - hoping all is well with you!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#157 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 05:20 PM

CRM, was your transfer today? The waiting is the worst part.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#158 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 05:29 PM

Two embies made it to blast stage and were transferred today!! I had acupuncture before and after and the nurse kept saying how r-e-l-a-x-e-d I looked (and I felt it, too). We also have 5 frozen on day 3 and one left in culture that they're watchign to see if it ends up good enough to freeze. Next, relax more, later, Chinese food!!

Hope you're all doing well!!

#159 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 PM

I hope those blasts are snuggling in and making themselves at home! : When is your beta???

Have some fresh pineapple, too!!!!

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#160 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Two embies made it to blast stage and were transferred today!! I had acupuncture before and after and the nurse kept saying how r-e-l-a-x-e-d I looked (and I felt it, too). We also have 5 frozen on day 3 and one left in culture that they're watchign to see if it ends up good enough to freeze. Next, relax more, later, Chinese food!!

Hope you're all doing well!!
YAY for great blasts!!!! I'll be doing acupuncture before and after as well - so I'm hoping I'll be as relaxed as you!!!

Hoping your little ones are implanting as they should be!

#161 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 PM

CRM - that is so exciting! I had accupuncture today and she said that there is a recent German study out showing that accupunture before/after increases the chances of conception by 38%. So you go! Will you do a three day resting/nesting period now? My RE is very strict about that. She will only allow me up to go to the bathroom. No showers even.

Today is day 2 of the lupron/follistem/luvaris. Cd3. Tonights injections were extremely painful for whatever reason. Anxiety, I guess. My RE wants me to do some of them in my leg and I just can't do that. I will have to wait for the nights that Dh is home to help me with them.

ChristyMarie - you said you are dry and itchy? In the vaginal area? I haven't heard of that one before. So sorry that you are dealing with it!

Tami - have you done puregon before?

Hope everyone is well and happy and blessed.
#162 of 427 Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 PM

CRM - that is so GREAT about your transfer!!!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#163 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Wahoo! Well done, CRM - TWO blasts! That's amazing!

Take it easy on yourself now - and let us know how you're doing when you're up to it!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#164 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 PM

happily - no I haven't done puregon before, so I guess we'll see how I react!!! I think they have me starting on a pretty high dose, but they're the experts and I'll be getting blood work quite often to monitor. Have you had experience with puregon??

#165 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 PM

CRM - that is fabulous news!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
Will you do a three day resting/nesting period now? My RE is very strict about that. She will only allow me up to go to the bathroom. No showers even.
I am so confused about this. My RE says one day of bedrest and that they have found that more than that makes no difference. But others say to rest because implantation takes about 3 days, yes? And with a 3 year old it isn't very easy to rest but we can work it out if needed. What has everyone else done?
#166 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 PM

My clinic says rest the day of (not bed rest - just don't go back to work, watch a movie, etc), and after that, other than sex and really intense stuff, don't panic. I think it really goes across the board...

Certainly isn't going to hurt to be on bedrest, but clearly with a small child around, bedrest isn't very likely. Have to watch those huge ovaries though...

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#167 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 10:24 PM

When we did the IVF in 2006 she was very strict. I asked and she said that she hasn't changed.

I guess the theory is that we have done so much to get a pregnancy, change of lifestyle, eating, accupuncture, meditation, medication, etc. and the cost of the IVF, you need to go ahead and give your body a chance to accept the gift of new life with some down time.

My son is 2.5 and we will either have Daddy take care of him those days or if its on his work schedule, then we will ask Grandma or his caregiver help out. But we will do the mandatory three days of nest/rest. The last time she wouldn't even allow me to be on the computer because of the heat generated from the laptop.

Good health from the choices you make!
#168 of 427 Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Thanks for all the cheering!!!! :

I took it very easy yesterday and didn't do much today either. My acupuncturist suggests "home rest" like Perdita describes and my RE says take it easy and don't do anything you will later regret (ie. if you get a BFN and look back and wish you hadn't gone surfing ). I specifically asked my RE about this and he said there is no evidence to suggest that bedrest helps success rates and if there was any evidence at all, they'd suggest I do it (of course they want to boost their stats). The thing with me is if I sit around doing nothing my brain tends to get into moodiness and negative thinking, which of course is NOT helpful to this process. I think it's great for people who do choose the bedrest route, but for me I am mostly just using it as an excuse to make my dh fetch things to save me steps and of course not doing any lifting or housework.

#169 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the cheering!!!! :

I took it very easy yesterday and didn't do much today either. My acupuncturist suggests "home rest" like Perdita describes and my RE says take it easy and don't do anything you will later regret (ie. if you get a BFN and look back and wish you hadn't gone surfing ). I specifically asked my RE about this and he said there is no evidence to suggest that bedrest helps success rates and if there was any evidence at all, they'd suggest I do it (of course they want to boost their stats). The thing with me is if I sit around doing nothing my brain tends to get into moodiness and negative thinking, which of course is NOT helpful to this process. I think it's great for people who do choose the bedrest route, but for me I am mostly just using it as an excuse to make my dh fetch things to save me steps and of course not doing any lifting or housework.

ha ha on getting dh to fetch you what you need!! I'll be doing the same! Hope your feeling alright!

#170 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM

How is everyone today?

I started stims this morning and damn! That shot hurt. Not looking forward to 2 of those a day. 3rd acupuncture appt is tomorrow and blood/u/s on Friday.
#171 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
How is everyone today?

I started stims this morning and damn! That shot hurt. Not looking forward to 2 of those a day. 3rd acupuncture appt is tomorrow and blood/u/s on Friday.
I start mine on Friday - not looking forward to the pain!!! Hope the rest go a bit smoother for ya!!

#172 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 PM

How am I? : Cranky, and unreasonably annoyed about work related things that I am trying not to dwell on!!

Regarding pain with injections: 2 things that I learned (that seemed obvious one I figured them out, so sorry if you know them already). After swabbing your injection site with alcohol, let it dry, otherwise you are pushing alcohol under your skin and it will sting more. 2. I also found there were more and less sensitive spots (for me farther from the belly button hurts least). : Ya for stimming and moving things along though!!! For me, the injections often didn't hurt at all (advantage to chubbiness?). Good luck you guys!!!!

#173 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
How am I? : Cranky, and unreasonably annoyed about work related things that I am trying not to dwell on!!

Regarding pain with injections: 2 things that I learned (that seemed obvious one I figured them out, so sorry if you know them already). After swabbing your injection site with alcohol, let it dry, otherwise you are pushing alcohol under your skin and it will sting more. 2. I also found there were more and less sensitive spots (for me farther from the belly button hurts least). : Ya for stimming and moving things along though!!! For me, the injections often didn't hurt at all (advantage to chubbiness?). Good luck you guys!!!!
I hope the rest of your day went better!!! We're all allowed off days....right?? I seem to have some here and there! lol.

Thank you for the tips, after looking at my medications today, I was checking out my tummy to see where would be a good place......so far I have lots of room!! he he.

#174 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM

Ok, total newbie injection question here...how much variance can there be in the timing of the stim shots? We do the morning one between 8:15-8:45. That's easy for us to keep the same. But evening is a little harder. Is a 30 minute window ok? What about an hour? My instructions just say between 5-9am/pm.

And has anyone had to take their shot into a concert venue?
#175 of 427 Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Christy - I tried to do my evening shots at the same time every night, but had a few nights when I was up to an hour off (and everything turned out okay with my stimming). I did a lupron shot at a concert venue: I pre-filled my syringe and put it, along with an alcohol swab, in a hard eyeglasses case. At the appropriate time, I just snuck off to the bathroom and shot up. Kinda difficult...I think if I were to do it again, I'd just do it in my seat, spectators or not! Good luck!

~Sarah
#176 of 427 Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
Christy - I tried to do my evening shots at the same time every night, but had a few nights when I was up to an hour off (and everything turned out okay with my stimming). I did a lupron shot at a concert venue: I pre-filled my syringe and put it, along with an alcohol swab, in a hard eyeglasses case. At the appropriate time, I just snuck off to the bathroom and shot up. Kinda difficult...I think if I were to do it again, I'd just do it in my seat, spectators or not! Good luck!

~Sarah
Nice! Just think of it like the preview to breastfeeding in public

I am going tomorrow morning for the ultrasound to see how things are going. I am very excited and really believe that this is the cycle we are going to successful! The shots are bothering me. I pray this works! Otherwise we just wasted about $2000 worth of meds.
#177 of 427 Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post

~Sarah
What about the search? They didn't look in the case?

See, DH gives me the shots. I'm thinking maybe just in our seats. Hrm...
#178 of 427 Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 AM

CRM - Congrats on the successful transfer! : :

ChristyMarie - I too varied the shot times by up to an hour. I tried to usually do it within a half hour. I never went to a venue that had a "search", however I have shot up in bathrooms and in the car when at events. Just be aware of what you are wearing. Doing a shot in a formal gown with nylons was very difficult since I was terrified of getting a run in the hose and couldn't hike my dress up far enough for the tummy.

As far a pain with shots...have you tried icing the area? You can ice, then alcohol, let that dry then stab. If that's not enough, there is a topical number (can't recall the name) you can buy to numb the site before injection. Check with your nurse as I'm sure they'll know. If the pain is after the shot, try a hot pad on the site and massaging the area. When you get to the PIO, remember to warm it (I usually stuck the vial in my bra) prior to injection to help out.

I did find the tummy less sensitive, but harder for me mentally. Good luck to you all! : :

Oh, and as far as bedrest, it is all over the board. My first ivf, the clinic recommended house rest, basically couch potato for one day. The second time I completed ivf, they recommended no bedrest. I was cleared to go immediately from transfer to an Easter party/celebration at the park district that had me on my feet for several hours. : Regardless, what CRM said is the best, don't do anything that you'll regret later if you get a bfn. If you want to lay in bed for a week, do it, if you want to maintain the facade of normal life, do it.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#179 of 427 Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM

CRM, was just thinking of you and hoping your transfer went well! Yay for day 5, that is awesome! Both of my day 5-ers have been BFPs Sending you sticky vibes! When is your beta??

To all the rest of you IVF girls - you are tough cookies!!! May you all be blessed with beautiful LO's as your reward

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#180 of 427 Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
What about the search? They didn't look in the case?

See, DH gives me the shots. I'm thinking maybe just in our seats. Hrm...
Christy - the venue i attended didnt search my bags. maybe just take it in a labeled container or with a copy of your 'script? diabetics take needles with them everywhere, it shouldnt be different. and yeah, id just stay in my seat to let dh do it - it'll be dark, im sure no one will be paying attention.

good luck!

~sarah

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page