Summer IVF - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, just went back and on the old thread they mentioned Chinese on day of retrieval. Hrm....Retrieval or Transfer? Not sure any Chinese places are open around here on Mondays...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 PM

Just have it as much as you can

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyMarie View Post
Ok, just went back and on the old thread they mentioned Chinese on day of retrieval. Hrm....Retrieval or Transfer? Not sure any Chinese places are open around here on Mondays...
Transfer day! We all did it then and (all pitying tones aside), I was the only one who came up neg.
Hats off to you btw for triggering at a concert. That's what the long dress was made for, I guess. GL!!!

Happily, I was really glad to see you got more eggs than you thought and 4 fert. is fantastic, I'd be thrilled!

I got my period a few days early today so ummm, I go for the baseline u/s and b/w and then hopefully get going this week.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Transfer day! We all did it then and (all pitying tones aside), I was the only one who came up neg.
Hats off to you btw for triggering at a concert. That's what the long dress was made for, I guess. GL!!!

Happily, I was really glad to see you got more eggs than you thought and 4 fert. is fantastic, I'd be thrilled!

I got my period a few days early today so ummm, I go for the baseline u/s and b/w and then hopefully get going this week.
I thought it was transfer day! (and really, any excuse for Chinese) My other favourite take out is Indian and I was avoiding having spicey food, not wanting to upset my digestive tract. I sure hope this is the cycle for you poet! How are you feeling? :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM

I had Indian food right after my transfer. MmmMMMmmm.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM

Happily - Yeah for 4 fertilized!! and a belated Happy Birthday! May your ET go smoothly. : :

Christy - I'm thinking about you as you go in for ER. Good job keeping up with those stims during the concert. As for Chinese, I had heard it was best on the day of ER. However, nothing was open on Monday, when I had my ER, so I did the day of ET. :

Poet - I hope you really enjoyed your trip. Weren't you going somewhere somewhat exotic? Good luck with your baseline and may this cycle go smoothly and successfully.

CRM - I used http://www.ivf-infertility.com/calc_preg.ph to calculate my due date and it was spot on with what the RE told me when I left. I too then told my midwife "This is my due date, I have no idea of my lmp." She than back calculated to the lmp date. You had asked before about the beta reflecting multiples or not. For kicks, you can check out www.betabase.info . While I was pretty confident in twins when my numbers were almost exactly the same as my first twin pregnancy, I don't think numbers are the best predictor. You gotta wait for that u/s.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Happily....how did it go today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Christy - I'm thinking about you as you go in for ER. Good job keeping up with those stims during the concert. As for Chinese, I had heard it was best on the day of ER. However, nothing was open on Monday, when I had my ER, so I did the day of ET. :
That's exactly where I am today. I'll order Chinese day of transfer which will be Saturday.

Had my ER this morning. It went fine and they found 9 eggs! Much better than the 4-5 the u/s showed. I then took a long nap which was nice. DH is home taking care of the munchkin so I'm just hanging out.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 PM

Thanks for that Juliasmom. Although the range of positive betas was a bit mind boggling!! The EDD calculator says I am exactly 5 weeks today, how nice.

: for nine eggs ChristyMarie. I know you were worried. Enjoy your rest (and Chinese food

Hope you are well HappilyBlessed, let us know how ET goes.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
.....Enjoy your rest (and Chinese food ....
I will! In fact, DH made me Thai food last night and it has been soooo long since I had Chinese I will most definitely enjoy it. I also have a babysitter lined up as I decided to do 3 days of mostly bed rest.

Quote:
...... The EDD calculator says I am exactly 5 weeks today, how nice. ......
5 weeks is crazy and awesome at the same time!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I will! In fact, DH made me Thai food last night and it has been soooo long since I had Chinese I will most definitely enjoy it. I also have a babysitter lined up as I decided to do 3 days of mostly bed rest.

So I told Dh about the chinese food and we ran to Pei Wei's right after the transfer yesterday. We had 3 to transfer, 2 grade A and 1 grade B. I stayed in bed all day yesterday. Now my back hurts. Oh well. Today and tomorrow I will do modified bed rest. Staying laying low as much as possible.

CRM - would you like twins?

ChristyMarie - good for you for getting a babysitter lined up.
Sri Rada - mmmm, Indian food.

Poetgirl, I am sorry it didn't work this time.

Much love to all. And thank you so much for the support.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
So I told Dh about the chinese food and we ran to Pei Wei's right after the transfer yesterday. We had 3 to transfer, 2 grade A and 1 grade B. I stayed in bed all day yesterday. Now my back hurts. Oh well. Today and tomorrow I will do modified bed rest. Staying laying low as much as possible.
:

That's wonderful news! So happy for you!!!

We just found out that of the 9, 8 were mature and 5 fertilized. Now we just have to see how many make it through genetic testing and to Saturday for the transfer.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Fingers crossed!!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Poetgirl, I am sorry it didn't work this time.
Oh, I was talking about a cycle in March. I am just getting started on THIS cycle so don't count me out yet!

I feel really proud of myself. I was just not feeling right about our IVF plan. I am a really strange case and I felt like I was getting "recipe #2" and it did not make sense. Finally yesterday, I got my hands on some high quality info. to substantiate my fears, and today when I went in for my baseline screen scan and b/w, I insisted we rethink the plan. My RE was cool enough to listen to me, read what I brought in and adjust things accordingly. Now I feel so much better beginning this. There's no guarantee this will work but I feel I have a better shot at least making it to transfer. I had 21 antral follicles and my fsh had increased to 7.9 from 6.3 just a few mths ago, but still okay I guess. No cysts this time, so the heavy stims begin tonight.

Happily and Christy, I love how both your cycles have steadily improved and you're getting a good result now. Good Luck to both of you! :

Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I KNOW!! :
Good news on the embies, looking foward to your ET update on Saturday. :
Quote:

CRM - would you like twins?
Now I want Chinese food!! Sort of, cause I'm a bit barfy, which is so darn exciting for me. Take good care and do rest as much as you can.

Twins..... kind of freak me out, but I don't want to put the message out there to the universe that I don't want them (if that's what I've got, kwim?). Second beta tomorrow, results on Thurs and then they'll book the u/s. And then we'll know.

Poet, I'm already :: and : for you!!! Good luck with the stims tonight.

Thank goodness for MDC, I am bursting to tell the whole world, but we won't be sharing for a long, long time. Thanks for listening.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
No cysts this time, so the heavy stims begin tonight.
: For no cycts. Very good news.

Good luck with the stims.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Poet - : : May your cycle go smoothly with no, or minimal, surprises.

Happily - Yeah for ET!! Keep resting and let those embies settle on in for the long haul. I also wanted to mention that it's not unusual to get a significant amount of cramping, even with a bfp. Those ovaries need to recover from all that stimming.

Christy - Good fertilization report! : for Saturday.

CRM - The idea of twins still freaks me out. So, do you get results from your 2nd beta today, or is it just the draw? Oh...we didn't tell until around 15 weeks as well. Needed time to adjust and to allow ourselves to believe in the pregnancy first.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Just poppin' in to see if CRM has an update . . .

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM

It would be much easier if CRM's clinic could just post the numbers online...

Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
It really should just be another line on your paperwork...

"And which message board should your results be posted on?"

"And for which user name?"

Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:

: Thanks for the laugh, y'all!

Had my first u/s today after 2 days of stims. We are checking me a lot to make sure I am good because I have the potential to both under/overstimulate. How talented of me. So far so good, which for me means I have no dominant follicles taking over the cycle. I had 11 that were 6 or 7 mm and 10 less than that. Slow and steady is good for me, as long as the steady part comes too. I'm on high dose gonal and I can feel the wheels in motion in there. Stims all fine so far, but the two blood draws have been terrible. That's not the hard part! But I look like a junkie, um, running out of veins here people, we've got a repetition issue. Lovely in my summer tank top.

Hope everyone is doing well. I don't think anyone is stimming right now, but GL with the second draw CRM,
Happily B, hope you are laying low in the lap of luxury as your embies nestle in,
Christy, Hope those embies are thriving!

and Thanks Julia's Mom and Perdita for checking in and supporting.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Quote:

Quote:
........... How talented of me.......
You guys are ALL hilarious!!! You're killin' me here! Soooo.... Didn't get the call til this morning and we've been on the run ever since. So, in a week my level went from 211 to 6692, which I'm happy with (this, ladies, is understatement). Ultrasound is schedule for Sept 1 which fits in nicely with my long weekend plans.

: for you Happily Blessed and ChristyMarie. :

Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Ultrasound is schedule for Sept 1 which fits in nicely with my long weekend plans.

: for you Happily Blessed and ChristyMarie. :
:: For awesome numbers! My beta is officially scheduled for Sept 1.

Found out today (day 3) that all 5 have survived into embryos and they were able to biopsy all 5. I find out Saturday morning how many survive until Saturday and the results of the genetic testing. My transfer is scheduled for 9:30 and then I will stop at the acupuncture place then home for rest and Chinese food. Thank you all for the well wishes!

Happily Blessed....
hope you are able to be calm and relaxed.

Poet....I started very very slow and they kept upping my meds - just about every other day. Then all of a sudden I just had a bunch of big follicles. Hoping the same for you.

So...question...is it normal to still be a little achy / feel like your ovaries are still kinda big? My retrieval was Monday and I'm still a bit bloated and just not quite back to normal.

ETA: another question...I will be asking on Saturday but I just looked at a calendar and if my beta is 9/1 that is only 10 days after the transfer. Can this be right?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:

So...question...is it normal to still be a little achy / feel like your ovaries are still kinda big? My retrieval was Monday and I'm still a bit bloated and just not quite back to normal.

ETA: another question...I will be asking on Saturday but I just looked at a calendar and if my beta is 9/1 that is only 10 days after the transfer. Can this be right?
Thanks!!! Yes, it is totally normal to still feel achey, it may take weeks for your ovaries to get back down to their normal size. Your body has just done a lot of work for you, take good care of it. My beta was scheduled for 17 days after ER (not transfer), that's how they count it. So it would have been the same date if I had had a 3 day tranfer or a 5 day, because the count from retrieval date. Maybe your clinic does the same? Good luck to us both on September 1!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
So, in a week my level went from 211 to 6692, which I'm happy with (this, ladies, is understatement). Ultrasound is schedule for Sept 1 which fits in nicely with my long weekend plans.
NICE!! Fantastic beta, lady. Sept 1 will be here before you know it...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:

Found out today (day 3) that all 5 have survived into embryos and they were able to biopsy all 5. I find out Saturday morning how many survive until Saturday and the results of the genetic testing. My transfer is scheduled for 9:30 and then I will stop at the acupuncture place then home for rest and Chinese food. Thank you all for the well wishes!

Happily Blessed....
hope you are able to be calm and relaxed.

Poet....I started very very slow and they kept upping my meds - just about every other day. Then all of a sudden I just had a bunch of big follicles. Hoping the same for you.

So glad you are on track!!! I will be thinking of you!!

CRM - can you say, very very blessed???? Thats awesome!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
: Thanks for the laugh, y'all!

Had my first u/s today after 2 days of stims. We are checking me a lot to make sure I am good because I have the potential to both under/overstimulate. How talented of me. So far so good, which for me means I have no dominant follicles taking over the cycle. I had 11 that were 6 or 7 mm and 10 less than that. Slow and steady is good for me, as long as the steady part comes too. I'm on high dose gonal and I can feel the wheels in motion in there. Stims all fine so far, but the two blood draws have been terrible. That's not the hard part! But I look like a junkie, um, running out of veins here people, we've got a repetition issue. Lovely in my summer tank top.

Hope everyone is doing well. I don't think anyone is stimming right now, but GL with the second draw CRM,
Happily B, hope you are laying low in the lap of luxury as your embies nestle in,
Christy, Hope those embies are thriving!

and Thanks Julia's Mom and Perdita for checking in and supporting.
Slow and steady with lots of healthy mature follies! Thats what we will be praying for you for!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 PM

crm - awesome numbers, congrats! i'll be eagerly awaiting news from the u/s on 9/1!

christy - you get a 5 day headstart on your beta wait, since the embies have been growing out-of-utero those days. 5 day transfer + 10 days of waiting = traditional 15dpo. it's really one of the nice benefits of ivf - the tww is shortened! good luck tomorrow!

poet - sounds like your ovaries are responding perfectly. sending hopes they continue to behave themselves and stay on track!

hope everyone has a nice weekend!

~sarah
Old 08-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Quick post before I lie back down.

This morning we found out that two of the embryos were abnormal genetically and two had stopped growing so we had one to transfer. The transfer went well - one very healthy male blast was transferred. Then I stopped for acupuncture and I'm home on the couch watching tv and movies. I had sushi for lunch and we're getting Chinese for dinner. Send good vibes!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 PM

:::: christy.
take it easy so that embie can snuggle in tight.
how trippy to know already that it is male!
wishing you tons of luck!!

~sarah
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM

: : : for you ChristyMarie!! Yay for a great blast to transfer!!! Maybe you should have Vietnamese, Thai and Indian food too, just to be sure. : Enjoy your rest...

: and plenty of : to you too Happily Blessed.

Hope the stims are going okay poet. Sending love and light your way.

User Tag List