Possible Blocked Tube - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone. I am 30years old and I have been trying to conceive for 13 months. I just had a HSG today. During the test, the right tube took a while to go through and the left didn't go through. Does this mean that I am blocked? I have been crying all day, I just don't know what to do. I have been researching the treatments for tubal blockage and I have found only Laproscopic surgery and IVF as treatments. PLEASE HELP, I have to wait a week before seeing my doctor and I can't take it anymore.::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 PM

So sorry you are facing the issue of blocked tubes. Its painful to get this news. It knocks you down to your feet. Its a horrible diagnosis to digest. Your right the only option is surgery or IVF. Is there a chance that your tubes went into spasm when they were squirting the dye. This happens way to often and many docs just wash their hands and say you have blocked tubes.

The only way to confirm blocked tubes is via a lap surgery. I had the lap surgery done and they found out both of my tubes are blocked distally (worst case). I never got to do the HSG cause of my stenoic cervix(long story).

If you have any more questions I can hopefully answer them. I am cycling right now for IVF cause of my blocked tubes and plus I am older so I don't have much time to fool around. My second option was to go to Chapel Hill in NC where they specialize in reversing tubal ligation but also fix damaged tubes from disease.

Do you have endometriosis or any infections that might have caused your blockage?

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding wtg4miracle. I have not been diagnosed with anything yet. I know they have found a cyst on my right ovary. But it seems to come and go. I am just very frustrated with the fact that I may not be able to have children naturally. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for the info.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM

I had a distal blocked right tube (hydrosalpinx).
I wasn't sure I wanted my tube removed (I read about the ovarian reserve decreasing after a tube was removed so I wanted to avoid that if possible).

The first operation is your best (almost only) chance to fix it. Make sure you have a Board Certified Dr. going in to do the lap. I asked her to go in and clip the tube if she couldn't fix it. My RE (by the grace of God) was able to fix my tube.
It took 9 months, but our first was conceived after that.
Good luck and do a lot of studying before choosing a route.
Best of luck.
Kelly
Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Am 33 now, but was told I had blocked tubes after an HSG when I was 30 (actually on my 30th birthday - great present, eh?). I had been TTC for over a year when I had the HSG done.

My RE told me that surgery to re-open the tubes does not increase your chance of falling pregnant naturally by much. IVF produces much higher success rates. I did an IVF cycle and got pregnant the first time with my gorgeous DS.

The good news is that you are young. If you have to have blocked tubes, so much better to find out at your age. I remember how devastated I was when I got the news, but now its a distant memory.

I truly wish you all the best.

User Tag List