Summer FETs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 05-26-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,

I hope it is ok to start a new thread for FETs! The other one was getting pretty lengthy and it seemed at a good point to start a "fresh" one so to speak

Is anyone gearing up for FETs this summer? We are!! We have a beautiful little girl born via IVF in October of 2007 and we are quite ready to get her a sibling. We did conceive naturally in February of this year, but miscarried in March at about 6 weeks. We've been loosely TTA for a couple of months, and are planning to start our first FET cycle when AF arrives in June! My best guesstimate puts my transfer at about 6/30, assuming AF shows up around 6/8.

I'd love to hear your stories and have some company through the journey!! I'd also love to hear anyone's FET success stories... I know the odds are less than the fresh cycle, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

Much luck to everyone!!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#2 of 75 Old 05-26-2009, 06:07 PM

I think it was a GREAT idea to start a new thread. My gorgeous and amazing 3 year old was the result of a FET, she is the best success story ever. I doubt I will be joining this thread (but maybe, meeting with RE today). I wish you and all who join you all the good luck in the world. :

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#3 of 75 Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Crazyrunningmama! I have been following you on the previous FET thread and wanted to say I'm sorry about your BFN this month I was sincerely hoping for you! Good luck at the RE today!! And thanks for letting me know that your DD is an FET success - that is awesome and inspiring!!

#4 of 75 Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

:

Think I'm O'ing today, so hopefully another 10 days or so until AF arrives and I can get my treatment cycle started!

Is it weird to post updates if no one is here with me?

If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a noise?

#5 of 75 Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Hi. My twin boys born in January were from a successful FET. Very successful, as it happened on the first try, and they were frozen for ten years.

Best of luck, and I hope you don't mind my lurking.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
#6 of 75 Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM

Not weird to post updates, I am totally stalking this thread. You are not alone out here!! And I'll pipe up once in a while cause I am a FET expert at this point. Are you doing a bcp month? Or when AF starts are you just counting down to suppression (Lupron?). For me, each FET took 2 months cause I have to do a bcp month (long cycles - 31 to 36 days). Are you doing anything to prepare ? (diet, meditations, etc?). I am once again weaning off of BLACK tea and dairy.

#7 of 75 Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Friends! How exciting

Crunchy Frog that is a wonderful success story!!! Congratulations - and how amazing that the embies were good to go after 10 years frozen. Isn't science incredible? I hope you are enjoying your babes. I have to say, the idea of multiples totally overwhelms me -- we are hoping for a singleton, but certainly wouldn't complain if we were blessed with more!

CRM thanks for listening and being interested in my protocol! I will be jumping right in after AF arrives. I had my CD3 labs done this month and everything looked good, so no need for Lupron/BCP/etc. I'll start my Estrogen patches on CD1, and a few weeks later will begin the Progesterone suppositories 3x/day. My transfer will be on CD20 or CD22, depending on which day of the week my AF arrives. My best guess is 6/30 for a transfer date. I see you are planning for an IVF cycle? I'll be following you too!!

Why do you go off Black Tea and Dairy?? The only "prep" for me is prenatals, but I've actually been on those since 2005, straight through my first pregnancy and nursing and just continued taking them. My nails and hair grow very fast as a result

#8 of 75 Old 05-29-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReady2bMama View Post
Why do you go off Black Tea and Dairy?? The only "prep" for me is prenatals, but I've actually been on those since 2005, straight through my first pregnancy and nursing and just continued taking them. My nails and hair grow very fast as a result
I don't know about dairy, but they made me go off ALL caffeine. I couldn't even have decaffenated stuff, or chocolate. They may have been going a little overboard, but I have seen stuff that linked caffeine to lower fertility rates and slightly higher m/c's.

How many embies to you plan to transfer?

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
#9 of 75 Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM

Be glad you get to avoid bcp's and Lupron - they both suck! :

I am cutting out dairy because it is clear that it doesn't agree with me, even though I love it. : And it makes sense to have my digestive system be as happy as possible.

I have heard things about caffeine effecting fertility AND also that decaf coffee is still bad because of the volatile oils. For me, black tea has a lot of caffeine cause I drink it strong and I notice it also impacts my stress and anxiety levels , which of course I want to reduce as well.

#10 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

crunchyfrog - Luckily caffeine actually gives me the shakes so I haven't had any in years (well, except for chocolate, but I try to keep that to a minimum for waistline purposes )

I have 5 frozen embies. RE says we'll transfer 2 this month, and if those fail we'll do 3 next time. Of course, we may lose some in the thaw so we'll see. I am terrified of multiples though, so 3 would really be a stretch for me - cross that bridge if we come to it I guess!

CRM - I agree, I am certainly glad to avoid the Lupron/BC piece of the treatment, if only b/c it speeds things up for me!

Thanks to both of you for keeping me company Am I really the only FET this summer??

I should be getting my AF next week. I already O'd and I have a 9-10 LP so I'm excited to get things underway!!

~ Gina

#11 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Bump! Still looking for buddies

My AF is due Sun or Mon, so I'll start my estrogen whenever she arrives! Can't wait to get my transfer date

#12 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 PM

Ya, this is weird, the last FET thread was hoppin'. I am going to the RE today to get a AFC and the "teach" for meds etc. Then I too will be waiting for AF for things to start (bcp's first for me). I am excited for you, please keep us updated and I'll keep cheering you on!!!

#13 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

CRM thanks for cheering me on I hope your RE visit went well and you are well on your way to a BFP!

I got my AF this morning - yay! I started my estrace patches today, and will go in for blood/ultrasound on 6/23. My transfer is scheduled for 6/29. It's exciting to have the dates already on the calendar!! My beta will be 7/9!

Maybe by then I will have some more friends...

#14 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM

Wow, that's cool that they give you specific dates. My clinic is more of a "wait and see" sort of deal - the unpredictability makes things harder. Take care of yourself and drink lots of water, estrace gives me headaches.

#15 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Hey! I'll be your friend! I'm not going thru it right now as the last fresh one worked for us, but I'm always willing to add more support to any women going thru this process.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#16 of 75 Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Hi CRM & Julia'sMom! So happy to have you along for the ride with me And I'll be here cheering you both along - CRM to your BFP, and Julia'sMom for your sticky bean!!

I agree, having the dates in advance is really helpful, especially since I have a toddler. I already booked my mom to watch her during the transfer, and it is helpful to know how to arrange my work schedule, etc., in advance. Makes it less obvious for sure, since we're not telling anyone but my parents!

Thanks for the tip on the Estrogen CRM! I've never taken it before. I have one patch on now and will get up to four and then down to two. I'm a big water drinker but will try to be even more so!

#17 of 75 Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 PM

gina - i'll be your friend too, if you don't mind another graduate cheerleader! we did a FET in February and are expecting our first in October.

hope the estrace is treating you okay so far. it's exciting your transfer is scheduled for the end of the month, it'll be here in no time!!

crm & j'smom - good to "see" you both again!

crm, when are you expecting AF to arrive? do you know how long you'll be on bcps?

j'smom - how are the babes doing? are you feeling okay?

~sarah
#18 of 75 Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 PM

Hello ladies!

I am also going (hopefully) through on FET this month. In fact, I have also estimated my transfer to be 6/30. Thanks for starting this thread, so happy I found it. :-)

I have a 15mo DS who was a result of an IVF cycle in 2007. That same cycle resulted in 4 blasts that got frozen. They are frozen in pairs of two so my hope is to take out two and if they both survive the thaw put them both in. I am also nervous about multiples (wouldnt breastfeeding be impossible? especially with a toddler to look after at the same time?) so only putting in one or two and saving the other two for another try later down the road.

My RE has also advised no caffeine for the month prior to me FET. Other than that, only thing I am taking are my prenatals (which I have never stopped taking due to breastfeeding) and baby aspirin. As soon as AF arrives (maybe today) I start with the estrogen patches.

Anyway, glad to meet you all and wishing everyone the best of luck.
#19 of 75 Old 06-11-2009, 03:22 PM

Welcome ClovesA Even though I'm just a lurker/cheerleader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReady2bMama View Post

I agree, having the dates in advance is really helpful, especially since I have a toddler. I already booked my mom to watch her during the transfer, and it is helpful to know how to arrange my work schedule, etc., in advance. Makes it less obvious for sure, since we're not telling anyone but my parents!

Thanks for the tip on the Estrogen CRM! I've never taken it before
That is great about you being able to plan, for one of my FET's I called in sick on the Friday for the following week - so suspcious! Plan some extra time for yourself if you have the childcare available, too.

For both of you - and I say this over and over - take steps to make sure you don't get constipated. It is very common with all kinds of hormone treatments and just is so annoying. Lots of salads ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post

crm & j'smom - good to "see" you both again!

crm, when are you expecting AF to arrive? do you know how long you'll be on bcps?
Good to "see" you too - especially your fantastic baby ticker!!! So happy for you - and Juliasmom, too!! AF could be any time now for me (likely this weekend since I am going away and hope to be on the beach . Then 21 days of bcps with suppression starting on CD14. I have booked a bunch of time off in July It's just not worth trying to keep up appearances at this point, kwim? I don't care what they think at work.

#20 of 75 Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

So nice to have company!

Sarah congratulations!! I have an October baby myself - they are quite wonderful I'm happy to have you as a cheerleader

ClovesA we have so much in common - same basic treatment schedule, toddlers from successful IVFs in 2007, and I love seeing you here and in our other forum too. So glad your AF has arrived and you can get down to business! I am also terrified of multiples. We are putting 2 in. I just never let my mind even consider the possibility that more than one would take!!

CRM nothing brings on AF like a weekend at the beach That's great that you already have your new protocol and are jumping into it. Good plan to take a chunk of time off in July. Whatever it takes!!

As for me, we're heading out to Philly for a long weekend tomorrow through Monday so that will be nice to speed the time up. Looking forward to my dr. visit on the 23rd to see how things are progressing! I'm feeling a little bloated, not sure if it is from the Estrogen patches or just still AF...

Random question - will I ovulate this cycle?? I'm still temping. Is it a waste of time??

#21 of 75 Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM

I hear ya Gina. My RE suggested that we put in 3 embies and I told him I would be satisfied with just doing one or two for now and try again a seperate time for the other embies.

I am not sure if my transfer date will be 6/29 or 6/30, but I am so happy to have found someone going through the same thing at the same time! Also looks like wannabe from the other site will be right there with us. Have a great weekend away with your LO! :-)

Crazyrunningmama thanks for the warm welcome. Have fun on the beach this weekend!
#22 of 75 Old 06-23-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hello! Just thought I'd update my thread since I had my lining check and bloodwork today Everything looks good! I heard the tech say "triple layer", and she said I'm measuring at 11 which is nice and comfy. Evidently she is happiest with numbers between 10 & 12, so I feel very good about the 11. My transfer is set for Monday the 29th at 11 a.m.! (am still waiting on my bloodwork results but her assumption based on the u/s was that everything would be fine to proceed).

Anyhow thought I'd bump the thread in case there are any FET-ers out there looking for a home

Hope that you all are well! CRM I saw that you started AF and are headed for IVF - best of luck to you!!! Hope the pregnancies are going well for Julia'smom and Sarah! And Cloves I see ya over on our fertilityforums site so I know what's up with you

#23 of 75 Old 06-23-2009, 01:30 PM

That's great!! I love when you go for a test or u/s and you are right in the middle of "just right". You sound very positive and excited, so happy for you!

Thanks for updating us and good luck with your transfer next week!!!

#24 of 75 Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

thanks CRM! I am feeling VERY positive about this cycle! Putting nothing but good energy out there and hoping to get it back

#25 of 75 Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 AM

Hey there MrsReady2bMama and ClovesA! I am going to out of town for a few days, just wanted to say good luck for your ET 's on Monday and/or Tueday (if it still is?) and keep us updated! This is a quiet thread but I am cheering for you both!!! : :

Hope you are taking good care of yourselves!

#26 of 75 Old 06-28-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks CRM! You are so sweet. I will try to post after my transfer -- 11:00 a.m. tomorrow! :

#27 of 75 Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Good luck to both you of you! It's so exciting! :

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#28 of 75 Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!

Crislyn (Cloves) I am thinking of you today - good luck!!! :

My transfer went very smoothly yesterday. They thawed 2 blasts, both survived, and both were transferred. They don't formally 'grade' them at my clinic but they told me both were 'top quality' so I'm taking that as a good sign! I rested there for about 20 minutes afterward, and then took it very easy the rest of the day. Today I'm back at work and feeling good!

Beta is 7/8 - just over a week away!

Thanks for the cheerleading

~ Gina

#29 of 75 Old 07-02-2009, 01:40 AM

That sounds like it couldn't have gone better! Keep up that happy peaceful vibe : Countdown to beta!!

#30 of 75 Old 07-06-2009, 01:43 AM

Hope you're doing okay with the 2ww!!!! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page