June IUI - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBeach View Post
So are you guys waiting for 14 DPIUI to test? I know the last few months of natural trying, I always started on 10 DPO... probably an opportunity for crazy-making, so I'm thinking 12 should be good? (i.e. July 5) Or do I need more patience???
Thanks, Kate

btw: how do you get a signature to always be there? I filled in my stats, but it doesn't show up...
I'm no expert, but my RE initially told me to wait two weeks and two days before I took a test (so that's 16 DPIUI). Then after the second IUI she said to test 14 DPIUI. I am attempting to wait until 16 days just to be sure that I don't think AF is coming and that whatever the test comes back with is more accurate. Don't know if I was much help.....
#62 of 81 Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM

oops

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#63 of 81 Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM

I'm thinking about testing at 14 dpiui. AF sometimes plays games with me so I may wait until 15 dpiui to me sure... I figure AF should show by then if she's going to. It also depends on my will-power to resist the pee sticks--they start calling my name at about 13 dpo

#64 of 81 Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

WOW - I am EMOTIONAL today - there have been two different times when I have almost burst into tears over minor issues...

How is everyone else doing today?!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

joy.gif got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14
#65 of 81 Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Lynne: sending you good vibes!!

As for me, not much to report. Just hoping some symptoms will start showing.

: to all

#66 of 81 Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 AM

Hi ladies!

I was convinced that AF was coming this last time. My symptoms were very AF like but when I went to the DR I was pregnant.

Is anyone on progesterone because this will add to AF like symptoms.
GL everyone
#67 of 81 Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva2009 View Post
I'm no expert, but my RE initially told me to wait two weeks and two days before I took a test (so that's 16 DPIUI). Then after the second IUI she said to test 14 DPIUI. I am attempting to wait until 16 days just to be sure that I don't think AF is coming and that whatever the test comes back with is more accurate. Don't know if I was much help.....
That will take some serious discipline! but I'll try - I have so long to go anyway... 4DPIUI
So far, no symptoms, just trying not to think about it. ha ha ha.
It WOULD be nice if the symptoms for preg and AF weren't so similar - I saw another post lamenting that we didn't just get eye spasms or that our earlobes turned purple.... ha ------ it is weird, cause I'm hoping for nausea - think that's the only unique one!
#68 of 81 Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, tomorrow is test day. I am VERY nervous. I don't believe I am pregnant... just a gut feeling! I know that we are going to try to for two more months... just feel like that might not be enough. Then again I am not sure how you ever shut the door. This is the end for us and after these three attempts we are closing the door on trying. So, I am sure this all just has me a little overwhelmed!

Hope the rest of you are hanging in there. I know there are few of you out there who are getting ready to test as well. I wish you all luck!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

#69 of 81 Old 06-29-2009, 01:59 AM

Good luck Lynne with all the emotions - I totally understand how you feel about "knowing". This cycle is strange for me since I don't think I can trust that feeling with all the drugs going on - you're taking clomid? maybe they will try injectables next time - I've had a pretty easy time of it - and from what i gather, it's not as crazy making as the pills - but we're all diiferent! Tomorrow is only day 7 for me, so i have a while to go... I'll be thinking of you and looking to see how it all went... btw - I'm somewhat bloated and ugh, not sure if it's the prometrium, or the pizza...

Kate
#70 of 81 Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

thanks Katie! test was BFN. so, now I am back to waiting for AF to start all over again!

#71 of 81 Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post
thanks Katie! test was BFN. so, now I am back to waiting for AF to start all over again!
I thought of you yesterday and this morning....I knew it was your test day today. Weird to think about some random stranger I don't know, but I was. I am so sorry. So very sorry. I know this is an emotional toll and to see that BFN hurts like a punch in the gut. What CD are you on then since you said that you're waiting for AF? Technically I'm on CD39 and still no AF.....I believe that the injectables have really messed with my cycle and that despite the fact that I haven't started doesn't mean I'll be seeing a BFP later this week.

Again, I'm sorry and wish you luck with what you decide to do in the future.
#72 of 81 Old 06-29-2009, 05:28 PM

aprilmom:

AFM: Scan today. Had ~5 follicles although 1 is probably over-mature (23-24 mm) and two may be under-mature (17-17.5 mm). IUIs tomorrow and wednesday. This many eggs is maybe playing russian roulette with the high order multiples thing, but after 6 IUI cycles, all but one with 2-3 eggs.... Anyway, wish me luck.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#73 of 81 Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Lynne: I'm sorry to read about your BFN. I was rooting for you... and everyone else here too!!

Good luck with your IUI laura-belle.

#74 of 81 Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 AM

Oh Lynne! sorry to hear too - I'm just hanging on till test day... luckily I'm really busy this week! Good luck Laura-Belle! I kind of hope I get twins...

Kate (40) TTC #1
#75 of 81 Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBeach View Post
I kind of hope I get twins...
Yeah, I'm there as well. I know the risks and all, but...

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#76 of 81 Old 07-03-2009, 03:17 PM

Well, I resisted testing this morning. But now am obsessed with how massive/sensitive my boobs feel. Could be anything I suppose.... sigh. I'll probably test tomorrow... did we all move to the July group? or do we stay here?
#77 of 81 Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 PM

Kate: any news from you?

Tomorrow is test date for me... but I'm thinking AF is on the way

#78 of 81 Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Hi Kelly... I tested yesterday (SUN) BFN. I resisted today as I am visiting my Mom, and brought only one test... I think AF is on the way too Tomorrow is my official beta day, but I guess if I'm neg on an HPT, then, what's the point? I just called PFC to ask what happens now - when do I stop the prometrium? when can I start again?
Feeling pretty blue, but reading a good book for all IUIers - The Pharmacist Mate.
Going to play tennins today and go to the beach, but I'm a little worried that I am on my way to a mini break down. I felt so positive going into this, and I KNOW it's a long haul - and it's been even longer for many of you... just feeling so pointless not being pregnant.

fingers crossed for you Kelly!

Kate
#79 of 81 Old 07-07-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi Kate: I'm sorry to read about your BFN. I read your email and that is exactly how I am feeling too. I was so positive but not I'm blue... blue--that's a good way to describe it.

No AF yet for me but my temp is down. Today is day 15. I got my beta yesterday but haven't called for the results because I assume it's negative.

Sunday night was a bad day for me because at that point I was fairly convinced it didn't work. I hope I'll bounce back from this soon to figure out how to proceed with this next cycle. I feel like such a failure.

Hang in there Kate, it's nice to know we're not in this alone.

#80 of 81 Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Well, this morning was my official test day, and a BFN, followed directly by AF. weird! At least there's no waiting for that...feeling kind of numb, but my boyfriend is amazing and I have to be thankful.
I am angry at my body.
more later - then I guess we move over to July...
#81 of 81 Old 07-08-2009, 12:20 AM

SecretBeach and Kelly:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page