June IUI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 81 Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wishing everyone good luck this month!!

It has been quiet so I am not sure where everyone is in their cycle... let me kno what I need to change!!

Waiting for O
marq
dishmanbabes
mommielove
tomanygirls-3-2 HCG, 3-4 Ist IUI,
LadyLaura
SecretBeach

Waiting to know-2ww
Court
Suka
alfhild
pittnurse08
mamasgirls
ATLgirl
wileymama
feyfollow
Stasea
tomanygirls-3rd IUI 4-27 with 20 & 24 mm follies
Becky8824
Laura-belle
BabyGoal
Aprilmom
hapi2help
KellyTTC#1

Waiting to be ready
Needle in the Hay
soso-lynn
Catubodua

Graduates!!!!!!!!!!
Laci
nummies
Mama-lisa
by-the-lake -6th IUI
blueyezz-3rd IUI
Masel-Clomid 3rd IUI
Joyakshi
Faye0- IUI #7-no meds
DM360-TTC 2 years, IUI#3 injectibles

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#2 of 81 Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 PM

I am IN!

Please put me under Waiting to O!

WOO HOO, DIUI #1! ::

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#3 of 81 Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
I am IN!

Please put me under Waiting to O!

WOO HOO, DIUI #1! ::
Laura - I have updated you - fingers crossed this is your month!!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#4 of 81 Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 PM

You can go ahead and move me to Waiting to Know. Here's to hoping *crosses fingers*.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#5 of 81 Old 06-01-2009, 12:49 PM

Please add me to the waiting to know section, too. And thanks aprilmom for taking over this thread!
#6 of 81 Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
You can go ahead and move me to Waiting to Know. Here's to hoping *crosses fingers*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGoal View Post
Please add me to the waiting to know section, too. And thanks aprilmom for taking over this thread!
You have both been updated - I am sending you baby dust!!

#7 of 81 Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Hi ladies,
Just checking in to see how you all are doing! thanks aprilmom for taking over the thread!
Hang in there ladies! I have faith that you will all get your hearts desire!

Fingers crossed for babygoal and laura belle
#8 of 81 Old 06-02-2009, 01:49 AM

I started AF today and will be seeing the Dr on Wed for u/s & bloodwork. Once the bw results are in, I will know exactly what drugs I will be taking. He ordered Breval(sp?), Clomid and an HCG trigger.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
#9 of 81 Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ok - started my first round of femara this morning. I read that it does not stay in you system like clomid does. So, I hope that I don't become crazy like I did before. I am excited to get this show on the road!

How is everyone else doing? We have been really quiet. I hope you all are doing well!!

#10 of 81 Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Well, I started my Prometrium yesterday (the joy). My IUI was Monday--not really what I wanted to be doing for my birthday, but I was happy to be done giving myself shots so that's something. I'm going up to Yosemite the week after next--if I get BFN I'm planning to try for Half Dome, but if it is positive I'm thinking that might be a bad idea. We'll see.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#11 of 81 Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM

Things are boring for me thus far... it's my first IUI and it's unmedicated, so nothing exciting happens until I go in for monitoring on CD12 (next Wednesday).

I'm definitely ready to get moving on this... !

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#12 of 81 Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, I started my Prometrium yesterday (the joy). My IUI was Monday--not really what I wanted to be doing for my birthday, but I was happy to be done giving myself shots so that's something. I'm going up to Yosemite the week after next--if I get BFN I'm planning to try for Half Dome, but if it is positive I'm thinking that might be a bad idea. We'll see.
What is Prometrium? Sending you lots of

#13 of 81 Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Things are boring for me thus far... it's my first IUI and it's unmedicated, so nothing exciting happens until I go in for monitoring on CD12 (next Wednesday).

I'm definitely ready to get moving on this... !
You are doing DIUI this month, is that corrcect? I assume it is unmedicated because they didn't find any fertility issues with you? So, when you go in for your ultrasound they will decide based on the size of your foliciles what day to do your IUI?

#14 of 81 Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post
You are doing DIUI this month, is that corrcect? I assume it is unmedicated because they didn't find any fertility issues with you? So, when you go in for your ultrasound they will decide based on the size of your foliciles what day to do your IUI?
Yup, DIUI. As far as we know I have no fertility issues, though my egg quality was crappy in my IVF cycle. We think that was due to the dosage amount of the meds. I'm getting bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring so I'm guessing that follicle size/hormone levels will be what determines the scheduling of the IUI... I'm assuming it'll be next weekend......?

It's all so very vague after going through IVF! But that's more than okay. Much less to worry about.

#15 of 81 Old 06-05-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post
What is Prometrium?
Prometrium is a progesterone supplement. It comes in the form of a vaginal suppository and is really kind of gross (it oozes and you really have to wear pantyliners while using it). This will be something like my 7th month in a row with it.

#16 of 81 Old 06-05-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
It's all so very vague after going through IVF! But that's more than okay. Much less to worry about.
*finds this v. amusing for some reason*

#17 of 81 Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM

OK, doing my first shot of Bravelle today. VERY nervous. VERY.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
#18 of 81 Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
*finds this v. amusing for some reason*
haha... IVF had SO MANY STEPS. It was utterly ridiculous. And unmedicated IUI? Pretty much like how normal people do it, in comparison to IVF. I get to pee on sticks again!

#19 of 81 Old 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapi2help View Post
OK, doing my first shot of Bravelle today. VERY nervous. VERY.

Don't worry, it'll get easier. The first one is the hardest.

I love all the "real" talk about Prometrium. No one else can understand what we go through -- the sadness and hardships, but also the grossness, which in hindsight often seems humorous. Anyway, great good luck to everyone this month -- thanks for continuing this thread! And Babydust to everyone!
#20 of 81 Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Hey! How's everyone doing out there?

Went in for my first u/s and b/w for this cycle. We're doing an unmedicated IUI so this is really the first thing I've done, even though it's CD12. No dominant follicles yet, estrogen level is 56.2 Looks like it'll be another week or so before things happen...

What's new with all of you??

#21 of 81 Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

We went in for our first ultrasound today. There was one folicille that was 13 mm and on that was 15mm. There were two others that were smaller they didn't think would release this month (but they did say I have active ovaries). So, they wanted to give them two more days to grow. I will do my HCG shot on Saturday and then my IUI on Monday. I am getting excited - how to you stop yourself from being overly excited - I am afraid if it doesn't happn the let down is going to be hard!

#22 of 81 Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM

Hello!

Can I please be added?
We've been TTC for 2 years and have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We decided it's time to try IUI this cycle. This will be my first IUI. I'm on day 4 right now and started taking clomid yesterday. I go for my first ultrasound on June 20.

Baby dust to everyone!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#23 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post
Hello!

Can I please be added?
We've been TTC for 2 years and have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We decided it's time to try IUI this cycle. This will be my first IUI. I'm on day 4 right now and started taking clomid yesterday. I go for my first ultrasound on June 20.

Baby dust to everyone!

WELCOME - you have been added. May your stay be short!!

#24 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 AM

I have to rant for a minute about today's appointment...

We're doing an unmedicated IUI with donor sperm. There's no reason to think I have any fertility problems...

Today is CD17 for me. I normally ovulate around CD16-18, though of course I've ovulated late on occasion due to stress. While I've been a little.... down lately, I certainly haven't been stressed to the point where it would affect my ovulation date, or at least I don't think I have been.

Anyway, I was in last Wednesday (CD12) and my estrogen level was 56.2, no dominant follicles on the u/s. They asked me to come back today (CD17). I thought waiting 5 days was a little long, but what do I know? Well, the u/s tech again found no dominant follicles. And yet, I've had tons of fertile cervical fluid over the weekend. I feel like she should have at least been able to see SOMETHING, but she did the u/s very quickly and didn't tell me anything like my lining measurement. Moreover, she really offended me, which is making it hard for me to trust her. I expressed surprise that there were no dominant follicles and mentioned that I usually ovulate by now. She said, "Well, sometimes when they stim you it takes a little longer." I pointed out that I'm doing an UNmedicated IUI, and that in my natural cycle, I usually ovulate right around now. She replied, "Well, maybe that's why you're not getting pregnant!"

I responded, "Nope, it's not that. It's the sperm." And left the room without thanking her.

Is it just me, or is that royally insensitive of her? She's not my doctor. She clearly didn't read my file to even see what kind of procedure I was having done. She was not at all helpful when I was clearly confused and surprised. She made the assumption that I just don't know when I ovulate/don't understand how a cycle works when actually I've been dealing with this for two years AND IT IS THE SPERM that is the problem!

Sigh.

So, I guess I haven't ovulated yet. Don't know what all this fertile cf is from, then... I'll have to see what the bloodwork results are this afternoon. Is it possible I ovulated over the weekend and we missed the egg?? Would that show up on an ultrasound or not? She did say there were a lot of small follicles, but that's also what they said last Wednesday. I really find it hard to believe there's no growth, although I am willing to accept that I just haven't ovulated yet. I'm just so confused because I know my cycles/body so well by this point.

If someone can tell me I'm being crazy, I'll listen, but right now I just don't know what to think.

#25 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have to rant for a minute about today's appointment...

We're doing an unmedicated IUI with donor sperm. There's no reason to think I have any fertility problems...

Today is CD17 for me. I normally ovulate around CD16-18, though of course I've ovulated late on occasion due to stress. While I've been a little.... down lately, I certainly haven't been stressed to the point where it would affect my ovulation date, or at least I don't think I have been.

Anyway, I was in last Wednesday (CD12) and my estrogen level was 56.2, no dominant follicles on the u/s. They asked me to come back today (CD17). I thought waiting 5 days was a little long, but what do I know? Well, the u/s tech again found no dominant follicles. And yet, I've had tons of fertile cervical fluid over the weekend. I feel like she should have at least been able to see SOMETHING, but she did the u/s very quickly and didn't tell me anything like my lining measurement. Moreover, she really offended me, which is making it hard for me to trust her. I expressed surprise that there were no dominant follicles and mentioned that I usually ovulate by now. She said, "Well, sometimes when they stim you it takes a little longer." I pointed out that I'm doing an UNmedicated IUI, and that in my natural cycle, I usually ovulate right around now. She replied, "Well, maybe that's why you're not getting pregnant!"

I responded, "Nope, it's not that. It's the sperm." And left the room without thanking her.

Is it just me, or is that royally insensitive of her? She's not my doctor. She clearly didn't read my file to even see what kind of procedure I was having done. She was not at all helpful when I was clearly confused and surprised. She made the assumption that I just don't know when I ovulate/don't understand how a cycle works when actually I've been dealing with this for two years AND IT IS THE SPERM that is the problem!

Sigh.

So, I guess I haven't ovulated yet. Don't know what all this fertile cf is from, then... I'll have to see what the bloodwork results are this afternoon. Is it possible I ovulated over the weekend and we missed the egg?? Would that show up on an ultrasound or not? She did say there were a lot of small follicles, but that's also what they said last Wednesday. I really find it hard to believe there's no growth, although I am willing to accept that I just haven't ovulated yet. I'm just so confused because I know my cycles/body so well by this point.

If someone can tell me I'm being crazy, I'll listen, but right now I just don't know what to think.
Ok that would really make me mad too!! I thought it was normal for them to at least look at what your chart says before coming in the room? If she doesn't know what your 'treatment' is how can she be sure she is looking at the right thing??? I was thinking mabye you o'd over the weekend and that is why she is not seeing it? But, I have no idea what it would look like if you did... I would assume that would be able to see that. I will hope she is right and you have just not o'd yet and you are still able to catch the egg. Are you waiting to see what the blood results say for next steps?

#26 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I had my first IUI this morning. We are here becuase DH's testerone levels are low and thus he doesn't have as many sperm and the motility of them is not all that great. Well this morning he had 19 million and after they washed them he had 8 million with a forward movement of 3? I have no idea what that means but they said that was better then average I took the day as a work from home day so that I can be a relaxed as possible. I have been VERY crampy all day but I just assume that is normal? This is going to be a LONG TWW!!

#27 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM

LadyLaura, That's abyssmal. Can I throw a tomato at her? Just wondering, have you been using opks or temping just to monitor things yourself? Most u/s techs can't tell you if you've O'd or not. Sometimes women say their techs can tell, but I've never met one that could and I have many the tech, many the dildocam. I'm really sorry this cycle is not behaving normally for you.

Good Luck Lynn. It is normal to feel crampy sometimes.

Kelly, I hope IUI does the trick for you.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#28 of 81 Old 06-15-2009, 11:00 PM

I had b2b IUI Sun and Mon morning. Here is to the TWW!

Lynn-I was wayyyyyyy crampy yesterday all day. Dr said its the hcg. Today, I feel 110% better even with another iui this morning.

Laura, that Dr is an ass. Plain and simple. I am sorry!

#29 of 81 Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM

LadyLaura: that is terrible. How can people be so insensitive? I hope you didn't miss the egg. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

aprilmom & hapi2help: baby dust & good vibes!!

poet: hi there!

Not much to report from me... just taking the clomid and planning to go for the ultrasound on Saturday...

Question: how many days in advance do you ususally know you're getting the IUI? I'm just trying to a bit of planning with my work schedule but I'm at a bit of a loss.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#30 of 81 Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 AM

Thanks, ladies. I kind of want to report the tech but I don't know how. You don't get appointments with specific techs, so I might get her again. I just know to expect stupidity next time...

I guess I haven't ovulated yet...? I'm to go back in on Monday...CD24. I don't know, that seems really late to me. Since my IVF cycle in April (which was 3 weeks from day 1 to bleed, since the cycle was cancelled and I stopped all drugs), my one full cycle was 38 days. Normally my cycles are 30-31 days, but I chalked the late O last cycle up to stress. Maybe I O late now?? I think I O'd around CD25 last time. I hope IVF didn't reset my body. The nurse mentioned that if we didn't see anything dominant next time, we'd talk about Clomid. Wow. I'm 25 and have always ovulated regularly. What happened??

Any thoughts? Would my estrogen levels have been so low that they really think we won't miss the egg by waiting a whole WEEK?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page