July IUI - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Becky: I wish I had some advice for you. I'm new to IUIs and meds so I'm not much help. I would call your doctor to discuss. I really hope it isn't a cyst.

aprilmom: I'm glad to read that the prozac is doing the trick. I'm not looking forward to my moodiness coming on.

I'm having my IUI tomorrow... I got the call after my bloodwork was done to say that the LH surge has started. The follicles were bigger today (18 and 19 mm and the lining was 8). So I'm assuming they are continuing to grow today.

I hope everyone is doing well.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM

Thanks all for the s. I'm taking the next couple of months off from meds and procedures to let my body get back to normal. I'm pretty sure I still have cysts from this cycle and my weight swings over the month have been getting worse (> 10 lbs water weight). We have a consult for IVF in mid-August and we'll go from there.

Becky: I don't know much, but it definitely sounds like it could be a cyst. I don't know as they can do much about it other than wait though but it might be good to know for the next cycle if you need one.

Kelly: Good luck with your IUI!

aprilmom: Thinking good thoughts for you. I'm glad the Prozac seems to be helping.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:17 AM

My IUI went well today. I'm hopeful!

How many dpiui/dpo is everyone/what is everyone's test date?

I'm testing Aug 1st.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 PM

Blah. CD 12 and no dominant follicles. Going back in on Wednesday, so we're giving it a few more days, but my nurse has already mentioned my doctor wanting me to possibly do Clomid next cycle.

Initially there was nothing wrong with me - I always had 30 days cycles from May 2007 until I did IVF in April 2009 - but I have a feeling this is secondary infertility. I didn't O until CD 24 or 25 last cycle and if I were going to O at my normal time (around 16-18, or what used to be my normal time, I guess), I would have something to show for it right now...

Also, my lining is so thin that the tech did a double take and asked if it were a baseline u/s, because it looked more like a CD2 lining.

BLAH! Why can't my body work normally when it finally has a situation where real live awesome sperm are waiting to visit? Very dumb.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 AM

Becky – I don’t have any advice/suggestions for you. I hope it’s not a cyst. If you call your RE can you get him on the phone or do you have to talk to the nurse? Hopefully your doctor can give you some answers tomorrow. Can an u/s confirm O and see if there are any cysts?

April – I’m glad the Prozac is helping to keep you from obsessing during the TWW. I have some left over Xanax from my lap and I was wondering if taking them to help relax me would be a good idea. I may ask my doc what he thinks about it. Hang in there, the 27th will be here before you know it.

Laurabelle – I hope this break is just what your body needs to be recharged and ready for your IVF cycle. Good luck. Maybe you and your DH can get away for a camping trip, if you guys camp, or a wine tasting weekend, if you like the vino. I think a mini holiday with lots of TLC and pampering is in order.

Kelly – Yay for IUI! I’m waiting to get started so please forgive the 20 questions but… What CD were you when you had your insemination? Did they tell you about your follicle size or give you any info on DH’s swimmers? What are you doing to keep busy until Aug. 1?

Ladylaura – what meds were you taking for this cycle or were you going med free? I bet those real live awesome sperm can’t wait to meet your little eggie.

AFM – DH and I went to Virginia for the weekend. On the drive down our doc called to let us know the insurance approved our application for meds so we can get rolling on our treatment. After I got off the phone with the RE the pharmacy called to let us know that they received authorization from our insurance and she wanted to give me the cost breakdown for each of the meds…I guess she wanted to prep me. She said she thought we had to reach some deductible first bc the first medication was very expensive and the others dropped down after that. I know I should just be glad the insurance is helping and not complain but our meds are coming out to just over $3,000. I thought DH was going to drive off the road when I told him how much our meds are.

I had my last BCP pill Friday morning and thought AF was here today but it just seems to be spotting. It seems really thin and brownish red and then other times red red, sorry TMI, and I am a little crampy so I don’t know if it’s AF or not. I think I’ll call today spotting and see what happens tomorrow. I don’t remember what my periods were like when I was on the pill in college so I don’t know if this is AF or just the pre-party.

Should just go in and have blood drawn first thing tomorrow morning anyway and schedule my CD2 u/s with my RE so he can tell me if it’s CD2 or not? GRRRH What do you guys think? How big of a deal is it if I’m off a day at the beginning? Even if I did get my period today it was definitely spotting for most of the day and more than a spot this evening so tomorrow morning would still be w/in the first 24 hours. I feel so stupid for obsessing this much over whether or not I’m having my period. I feel like this doesn’t bode well for the stressing/obsessing for this first IUI cycle.:

welcomed my boy/girl twins on 04/22/10 after cooking them for 40 weeks
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarigh View Post

Ladylaura – what meds were you taking for this cycle or were you going med free? I bet those real live awesome sperm can’t wait to meet your little eggie.
We were trying to go med-free for a few cycles, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out.

In theory, when the issue is MALE factor, you'd think the female could handle it alone! Mainly what I'm worried about is they'll give me too high of a dosage and I'll produce a million eggs and the cycle will get cancelled... kind of like the IVF situation I had where I was overstimmed and produced crappy quality eggs...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM

LadyLaura -- I wonder if all the IVF meds knocked you off your regular cycle. I wouldn't be surprised. How frustrating to not know what's going on after years of regularity!

If you're having lining issues, be wary of clomid. It thinned me out really bad. If they want me back on meds next cycle, I might ask about femara/letrazole. It works the same as clomid except that it gives your lining a boost rather than thinning it.

I hope your Wednesday check is much better.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
Old 07-20-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrow View Post
LadyLaura -- I wonder if all the IVF meds knocked you off your regular cycle. I wouldn't be surprised. How frustrating to not know what's going on after years of regularity!

If you're having lining issues, be wary of clomid. It thinned me out really bad. If they want me back on meds next cycle, I might ask about femara/letrazole. It works the same as clomid except that it gives your lining a boost rather than thinning it.

I hope your Wednesday check is much better.
I have done both Clomid and Femara - and I would go with Femara hands down if given the choice. Clomid stays in your system for about 6 weeks too - so each time you do a new cycle you are adding to it. It takes about 2 days for your body to process the femara and get back to 'feeling' normal.

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Ladylaura - I agree with the other ladies about Femara. I liked it much better than the clomid. No side effects, it was great.

I went in for blood work this morning and had my ultra sound this afternoon. Everything looks good so the RE said we could get started with the injections. He taught DH how to administer the Menopur and Bravelle injections and I had my first injection this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed that this is a successful cycle.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Yikes! Hearing about the thinning lining makes me nervous - my doctor has definitely been talking about Clomid, not Femara. My lining on CD 12 was 3 - very thin - and thinner than last cycle on CD 12 (it was a 6).

I don't like questioning my doctor's judgment... hopefully she addresses the lining issues. Does Clomid ALWAYS cause that problem or is it hit or miss?

Bleh. I hate attempting to anticipate the curveballs...

Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Kelly – Yay for IUI! I’m waiting to get started so please forgive the 20 questions but… What CD were you when you had your insemination? Did they tell you about your follicle size or give you any info on DH’s swimmers? What are you doing to keep busy until Aug. 1?
Hilarigh: I'm by no means an expert as this is my second IUI (& I hope I never become an expert )...

I was inseminated on day 12 (for both IUI 1 & 2). My cycles are usually around 27 days so not sure if clomid (50 mg: day 3-7) made me a day or so early or if it's just mother nature.

Follicle monitoring started on day 10 and I also went on day 11. I was told a mature follicle is 20 mm and lining should be 8-9 mm.

We got the info on the swimmers before the IUI: 65 million IUI #1 and same for #2. No ultrasound on day of IUI so I don't know what the status was and no blood work either.

I'm glad that your insurance approvals have all come through.

I'm not during anything out of the ordinary during the 2WW. Business as usual really. Life is busy enough. We're building a new house so I have lots of things to do.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM

hilarigh -- hooray for getting started! I hope this is your month.

ladylaura -- Clomid doesn't have a huge effect on everyone -- at least not for the first few cycles -- but since you're already having lining problems, it's certainly not going to help. I have heard of people taking clomid with estradiol (estrogen) to prevent thinning. I would definitely ask your doctor what she thought about your lining problems before I started the clomid.

Kelly Congrats on a good IUI! Fingers crossed for you.

AFM I'm probably on 8 dpo, but it could be anywhere from 7-10. I've had a totally screwed up cycle this month, with a fever around ovulation time and multiple patches of ewcm so that FF keeps changing my ov date. I finally stopped recording them so that it would leave it alone! My IUI was probably a total bust. Next month I am going to do opks like crazy and I'm going to push for a trigger shot. I had a huge temp dip this morning and I'm cramping like AF is about to start, but that could be pg symptoms, too. But probably not. Crazy.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post
Hilarigh: I'm by no means an expert as this is my second IUI (& I hope I never become an expert )...
:

Quote:
hilarigh

AFM I'm probably on 8 dpo, but it could be anywhere from 7-10. I've had a totally screwed up cycle this month, with a fever around ovulation time and multiple patches of ewcm so that FF keeps changing my ov date. I finally stopped recording them so that it would leave it alone! My IUI was probably a total bust. Next month I am going to do opks like crazy and I'm going to push for a trigger shot. I had a huge temp dip this morning and I'm cramping like AF is about to start, but that could be pg symptoms, too. But probably not. Crazy.

I am 8 DPIUI - and today is the first day testing crossed my mind. I have been doing good not thinking about it till now... I know there is no point and that I am not supposed to test till the 27th - it is just hard to wait that long!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post

I am 8 DPIUI - and today is the first day testing crossed my mind. I have been doing good not thinking about it till now... I know there is no point and that I am not supposed to test till the 27th - it is just hard to wait that long!
I hadn't even thought about the fact that I am 10 dpiui! I would so be tempted to test tomorrow if I didn't know that my iui was useless. As it is, I'm telling myself to wait until at least Saturday (what I think is 12 dpo). Yeah, Monday would be better, but I don't think I can wait either.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
ladylaura -- Clomid doesn't have a huge effect on everyone -- at least not for the first few cycles -- but since you're already having lining problems, it's certainly not going to help. I have heard of people taking clomid with estradiol (estrogen) to prevent thinning. I would definitely ask your doctor what she thought about your lining problems before I started the clomid.
Hmm. No one actually mentioned it to me as a problem, just that it looked more like a day 2 lining. I noted that last month at CD 12 it was 6 and this month it was 3, so it is thinner than last time. Hopefully it's not considered an actual problem until it persists from month to month... I will definitely ask about it tomorrow, though. Ugh.

The nurse told me yesterday that since I'm planning a vacation for Aug. 10-13 (or maybe the following week, I'm waiting to hear what my results are tomorrow...), they can manipulate my next cycle around my vacation. WEIRD. Is this something to be wary of, or is it totally normal? I feel a bit creeped out by it for some reason.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post

The nurse told me yesterday that since I'm planning a vacation for Aug. 10-13 (or maybe the following week, I'm waiting to hear what my results are tomorrow...), they can manipulate my next cycle around my vacation. WEIRD. Is this something to be wary of, or is it totally normal? I feel a bit creeped out by it for some reason.
I wonder how they plan to do that. I've not gotten that high tech yet, but there is a thread in the infertility board about doing just that. The woman's husband is a pilot and is only home a few weeks per month. http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1110551

I am thinking of extending my progesterone beyond day 28 so that I might be mid cycle in the middle of the week next month instead of on the weekend.

Good luck tomorrow. Um, I mean today!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I wonder how they plan to do that. I've not gotten that high tech yet, but there is a thread in the infertility board about doing just that. The woman's husband is a pilot and is only home a few weeks per month. http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1110551

I am thinking of extending my progesterone beyond day 28 so that I might be mid cycle in the middle of the week next month instead of on the weekend.

Good luck tomorrow. Um, I mean today!
Thanks for the good luck vibes... unfortunately, there's still nothing to be seen in terms of follicles. Lining is up from 3 to 7 (today is CD 15) but estrogen is still low.

The plan is to have me back in on Saturday for one more u/s and b/w and decide where to go from there. There has been mention of using Provera and Clomid, but I'm not sure yet how it'll be used and what they'll be achieving... Since I'm planning this vacation and it's not yet finalized, i actually gave the doctor two weeks to choose from (8/10 and 8/17) and she said that it'd be better for me to be gone the week of 8/10 because if we do have to go to Provera and Clomid, they wouldn't need me until after then. I have no idea what that means at all, and I have no idea how they'd be using these meds! Does that mean that we'll get in an IUI before I go on vacation, or that we'll start monitoring and do the IUI after vacation?

Another thing that is weird is that she mentioned us "missing" ovulation last cycle (I went in on CD 16, nothing; went back one week later, saw a 15mm follicle but my LH surge had already begun. We'd have done the IUI the next day except my follicle was too small). I don't see what happened as "missing" ovulation per se, but.... if we see follicular growth, is there something we can do before ovulation that would, I don't know, improve the ovulation? I just don't see why she'd say we missed it last time - the u/s definitely happened before I ovulated.

This is so weird! Does anyone have any insight/guesses/ideas? I really like to try to understand how it all works as much as possible. If you think you can make some sense out of all of this, I would love to hear it. I listened to the voicemail 3 times and I still feel confused.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

It sounds like they're planning on using the provera to induce AF and then do clomid after that. You take provera for 7 days, I think, and then it takes another 7 - 10 days for AF to roll in after that. Maybe that's why they say they won't need you that week in Aug bc they'll start you when you get back.

If that's the case, you probably won't be doing the IUI before you go on vacay. I guess if the u/s shows eggletts growing then they won't want to bring on AF to begin the next cycle though so maybe you still will IUI before vacay.

My RE said a mature egg is 20mm so maybe because you surged before your egg could mature to a larger size that's why she said you missed ovulation. I don't know what they can do to keep you from ovulating to keep your egg growing if you're not doing injectables. My doc said there is a certain level of some hormone, I don't remember which one, that triggers ovulation...maybe LH...anyway when your levels get there you bust out an egg. Since I'm stimming with injectables and growing a few eggs to maturity my LH level will rise and I might ovulate early before we can get one or two eggs to 18 - 20mm so he has me taking a medication to keep me from ovulating once my levels reach their threshold. Once we've gotten the eggs to the right size, I get a trigger shot to force ovulation. I don't know if they do that when you're taking clomid though.

I hope I've helped answer some of your ?s and by no means am I an expert. That's just what it sounds like to me.

Good luck

Old 07-22-2009, 11:35 PM

I had more blood work this morning. My Estradiol level went from <20 on Monday to 76 today. The u/s showed my little eggletts growing. For now, it looks like lefty's got more going on than righty but we'll see who the big winner is in another week or so.

DH is getting better at administering my injections. He looked like a mad scientist last night mixing my meds. He was really stressing about it too. He'd take a step back look at his supplies, sigh and then go back to it. He had to throw out one syringe bc he touched something he wasn't supposed to. I'm glad he's doing the injections. He doesn't really get to do much, aside from provide his ingredients, so this gives him a chance to participate in the dramz.

The meds make me super tired...either that or it's waking up at 6 am to get to the hospital for blood work. Whatever it is, I crashed this afternoon for about 2 hours this afternoon. I hope I sleep OK tonight.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:

My RE said a mature egg is 20mm so maybe because you surged before your egg could mature to a larger size that's why she said you missed ovulation.
That's one possible explanation, but she said it in relation to the timing of our next appointment, making me think that somehow we did something wrong last cycle in terms of when we did the last ultrasound...

Sometimes I really just wish I had the brain of an RE...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM

ladylaura: I agree with Hilary that it looks like they're planning to use provera to induce AF and then do clomid after that.

I assume your egg wasn't mature last time if you were already surging at 15 mm. My understanding is that clomid is supposed to help with egg quality. So maybe it would help it grow faster so it will be 20 mm before the surge starts? My doctor sorta said it was up to me if I wanted to do a trigger. I surged on my own so I didn't need to but they also use it for circumstances when there is a mature egg but no LH surge is detected.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

ladylaura : I agree with the other ladies - sounds like they are using provera to induce AF. I have not actually been on that though so I don't know much about it. We do femara with a trigger shot - the trigger shot helps them time the IUI (or that is the explination they gave me)

AFM - NO SYMPTOMS at all... so that makes me a little sad. I am to test on Monday but am already getting down feeling like this is not the cycle.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:16 PM

Ladylaura: I'm totally confused, too. But it does sound like maybe you dropped an immature egg last time. I think I did this time. I hope your vacation is before your IUI. That will be much more relaxing.

Aprilmom: Maybe no symptoms is a GOOD thing, since pg symptoms are the same as AF symptoms. I had symptoms galore, and ....[see below]

AFM: It looks like AF is busting her way through my prometrium shield. I had just POASed this morning (BFN, of course. It's only 10 DPO, or so I thought) when she decided to come. Very funny, Universe. ha. ha. So I had a 23 day cycle this month. WTF? Isn't prometrium supposed to hold off AF until I stop it? I am taking 400 mg/day. Except for those two days when I only 200 mg, but that was days ago. I'm starting to think I had a rotten egg.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM

I guess I'm not officially in the July IUI group any more, though I'll be checking in to see how you ladies fare.

I went in for bloodwork this morning since I had such a wonky cycle. I haven't had CD3 bloodwork since before DD was conceived, so something might have changed. I also asked for and received femara for this month, since the clomid killed my lining and the unmedicated cycle obviously didn't work. I'm annoyed that I had to ask for femara (or something). I don't think my nurse was going to do anything except have me come in for a follicle check on CD12. If this month doesn't work, I'm seriously considering going to a real RE. My nurse is very smart and capable, but she deals with all sorts of GYN issues, and I don't think she is able to really focus on my problems. Her office was slammed this morning. I had to wait over 2 hours to see her for 2 minutes. Granted, I didn't have an appointment with her.

Good luck to those of you in the 2ww! I hope you have a very busy, distracting weekend.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:15 PM

Hi ladies,
I joined you a few weeks ago, but have been slammed at work and have had a hard time keeping up.

I've been living on the TTC after Loss board for many months now, and am slowly integrating this board into my life, given our developing need for IF treatments.

Here's my current situation.

Last month was our LAST month of trying before beginning IF treatments. I was soooooo hopeful : that we would miraculously become preggo, and IUI wouldn't be necessary. Well, showed. :

So, since I wasn't preggo last month, we called our RE and said we were ready to start. Since my husband has been dx with MFI, specifically low sperm morphology (9%), we opted to try IUI with injectable meds before jumping into the more costly IVF, and I started injecting myself with Bravelle. Started at 2 vials daily, after yesterday's monitoring appt, I moved up to 3 vials.

Anyway, I'm on CD 8 today, and as of yesterday, ultrasound showed that I've got 3-4 follicles maturing well, as well as 3-4 other follicles that are also growing. According to my RE, this is "great" and I'm going back for monitoring tomorrow. Do you guys know if this is, indeed, "good news" or if it sounds like my RE is blowing smoke up our butts? It's so hard not to be in any control over the protocol...do you ladies have the same difficulty? I have such a hard time 100% trusting doctors...after all, it's not the end of the world for them...it's US whose dreams get either made or dashed.

Anyway, depending on how these follie's grow, I'll probably have the IUI sometime next week...:

I'm excited, but also nervous to get too excited. I'm so sick of having my hopes dashed, especially now that we are spending thousands each cycle on fertility medication.

I'll keep you all updated...until then, I'm feeling a bit like a human pincushion, but it's all in the name of a LIVING healthy baby, so it's worth it!!

This is all so new to us. Did you ladies have similar feelings when beginning IF treatments?? I feel so anxious and alone. But my husband is very optimistic!!

Good luck to all those ladies waiting for their follies to mature (like me) and even BETTER luck : to those ladies waiting to know...can't wait to see some 's !!! ::

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 PM

Furrow - I'm sorry this cycle didn't work out for you. s It sounds like you should find a new doctor. Maybe take the Femara this cycle and while you're doing that find a good RE. Good luck next cycle, hopefully you won't even need the RE but at least you'd have a back up plan.

Claire - you're a couple days ahead of me in my first IUI with injectables too. I think 3 - 4 maturing follies and another few growing is great news. Did he tell you what size they are? You only need one or two mature follicles for it to work. The smaller follies will die off as the bigger ones take all the FSH for themselves as they continue to mature.

I'm trying to be pretty zen about this whole experience. Our RE came highly recommended by a good friend who is pg with her 2nd (both kids thanks to Dr. Weinstein) and he's been practicing for about 32 years. I was insanely obsessive/controlling when we were temping and TTC the old fashioned way but with this I am aware that it is so outside of my control that worrying about it isn't gong to affect anything...except make me stressed and nervous and that could adversely affect my cycle. So I'm just making myself comfy while I become a human pin cushion. I let DH mix my meds so I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’m doing it right, I’m going to my yoga classes a few times a week, I got a mani/pedi and I’m listening to meditation/relaxation CDs to help me sleep. Right before I fall asleep is the worst time for me as far as obsessing goes. I will lay there and think a million “what ifs” and I then I can’t sleep. The CDs help me relax enough to drift off to sleep w/o the stress.

AFM – I’m on CD6 and we had blood work and u/s today. I’ve got about 4 eggs on my right ovary and 4 on my left. Lefty has an 8ml and a 10 ml and righty has an 8ml. The rest of the eggletts are much smaller. Since I’m responding pretty well to the meds, the doc told us to lower the dosage from 2 Bravelles and 2 Menopurs to one of each. My lining is at 5ml right now which is pretty good I think. I will probably start Ganarelix tomorrow.

Right now we’re guesstimating insemination happening on Wed/Thurs or Thurs/Fri. Oh we got some GREAT NEWS today too. Our RE said I don’t have to have my trigger shot IM, DH can give it to me subcutaneously. Our doctor said there has been some research that shows that the long needle doesn’t always get all the way down to the muscle anyway and the medication can easily be metabolized in the fatty tissue under the skin. So I am STOKED. I was really nervous about that one.

Sorry for the novel.
Have a nice weekend.

Hilary

Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 PM

GAH. Went in again today for more b/w and another u/s - CD 18 - and still absolutely nothing to be seen on the u/s! I guess I'm anovulatory now?

Still waiting for the follow-up phone call, but this is weird. I really want to know what is going on with my lack of ovulating abilities.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Can I join in? I've been lurking on the IF board for a while, but I'm ready to jump in. We've been TTC #2 for 20 months with 3 m/cs. It turns out DH has a chromosome inversion, which was causing the miscarriages, and we have moved on to a vasectomy and DIUI. We have our first unit waiting at the cryobank for pickup whenever we are ready, which should be in the next couple weeks. I am entirely freaked out!!!

We are doing an at-home ICI, but can I play along?

I am on CD3 and we'll be doing this cycle without testing or meds., just charting and OPKs. I have LPD and take Prometrium (although I was really excited that this past cycle I had a 11 or 12 day LP with no Prometrium! - up from 9 days) as well as being homozygous for MTHFR so I take Folgard and baby aspirin.

I am really nervous about timing and the expense and getting this all right. Oh, and the whole donor thing

- Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 AM

So... I need an emotional boost.

We've been trying for a bit over 2 years now. The first 8 months we just tried like normal people do... we knew about the low sperm count and needing IVF at the one year mark (summer 2008), learned of his chromosomal defect in December 2008 and that we'd need to use IVF with ICSI and PGD, and then after a cancelled IVF in April 2009, we decided to move on to donor sperm.

And for no apparent reason at all, I appear to be having wonky/anovulatory cycles.

I'm really scared that I'm going to be dealing with these ovulatory issues for awhile and that Clomid isn't going to work and that somehow I'll end up doing IVF with DONOR SPERM... which just seems ridiculous to me after all we've been through...

HOW do I stay positive?? I mean, really! Please tell me how you get through each day. How do you have good times and feel happy? I do still have good experiences, but then again, I often feel like I'm walking around with a mask on over how I really feel.

I'm looking into acupuncture because I've heard that not only does it help with fertility, it also helps with stress and might help me relax more. I'm not opposed to trying meditation but it wouldn't be something I'd naturally do, I think.

What gets you through the day?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 AM

Ladylaura- just wanted to say that I stornly recommend accupunture not only for fertility, but your whole well- being. Find one who specilazes in fertility. I cannot say enough about the benefits. I started AP on my 5th IUI (with donor sperm due to MF issues like you) and I did get a bfp, but also felt much more at peace with the entire infertility process and myself. Sorry you are going through this. Please hang in there.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

User Tag List