July IUI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 157 Old 06-29-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well here we are at the start of July already!! I didn't bring over the list as I am pretty sure it is out of date. PM me or post and I will add you! GL & Baby dust to all!!

Waiting to start
Ladylaura
SecretBeach
Hilary
Claireb

Waiting to O

Waiting to know
laura-belle
Aprilmom
Furrow
KellyTTC#1
Becky8824

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#2 of 157 Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM

Hi! I'm in again. Expecting AF in a week or so, then hopefully we can move ahead with IUI#1 already!!! The waiting part really sucks, doesn't it... This will be the first time I have had an ACTUAL chance to get pregnant. Even my IVF cycle didn't get the point of embryo transfer!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#3 of 157 Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM

This will be IUI #2 for us. Just got AF today. Original dx is male factor. DH has low motility and morphology. He looked great this past month but my lining was thin. I'm not doing clomid this month (usually do 50 mg) because I don't really have trouble o'ing and it can thin the lining. I will be doing a hcg shot for the first time this month and thinking of taking baby aspirin for my uterine lining.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
#4 of 157 Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 AM

IUI #7 (maybe 6?, I'm not really sure right now--either way, last) for us. I did the trigger shot around noon today and have IUIs scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday. I should be under Waiting to Know.

ladylaura: Hopefully you'll get there this time . (and yeah, the waiting game stinks)

Furrow: In my experience the HCG shot really isn't a big deal (especially if they're actually administering the shot, not you). Hope it goes well.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#5 of 157 Old 06-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Fingers crossed for you, laura-belle!

Quite a bit of waiting left for us, ladylaura.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
#6 of 157 Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

I he updated you all - thank you.

AFM - we have doubled my dose of ferema to be more aggressive. I hve my ultrasound scheduled for thw 10th so we will see if increasing it works!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#7 of 157 Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

last night at our counseling session , my counselor recommended zoloft or something for depression. are any of you on anyrhing for depression/anxiety? if so, did your RE prescribe it or your regular physician? TIA

#8 of 157 Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post
last night at our counseling session , my counselor recommended zoloft or something for depression. are any of you on anyrhing for depression/anxiety? if so, did your RE prescribe it or your regular physician? TIA
I took Zoloft and other SSRIs for several years before TTC my first. I weaned myself off it because of concerns about taking antidepressants during pregnancy. If I had known it would take us so long to get pregnant, and all of the heartache to come, I might have done differently.

And btw, I don't think a doctor ever told me to go off it before TTC.

#9 of 157 Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well, they put me on prozac for now. It is safe early in pregnancy but not later in pregnancy. I am not sure how I feel about it but everyone around me agrees that I need it. So, I will give it a shot. I started my meds on Friday night. I can tell I am short with my family but I am trying to control that as much a possible. I started taking this one at night to help minimize the side effects, so far so good... but I have only taken it two days so we will see.

How is everyone else doing? I know we have some of you out there that are watiting to know... how's it going?

#10 of 157 Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmom View Post
How is everyone else doing? I know we have some of you out there that are watiting to know... how's it going?
I'm ~4 dpo and still waiting. I hate this part. I'm really crampy and somewhat nauseous but that is probably a side effect of either the injectibles or the prometrium and yet I'm still half convinced that these could be pregnancy symptoms. Aargh!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#11 of 157 Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM

How DO the days last so long in the 2ww? It's unnatural. Thinking of you, Laura-belle.

I have my follicle check on Thursday, and I'm hoping for a nice thick endometrium and big, plump follies. I'm drinking the heck out of red raspberry leaf tea and taking baby aspirin for my endo. Just thinking fertile thoughts for my ovaries.

#12 of 157 Old 07-08-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrow View Post
How DO the days last so long in the 2ww? It's unnatural.

Quote:
I have my follicle check on Thursday, and I'm hoping for a nice thick endometrium and big, plump follies. I'm drinking the heck out of red raspberry leaf tea and taking baby aspirin for my endo. Just thinking fertile thoughts for my ovaries.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks funny visualization thoughts at my eggs/ovaries/lining (or for that matter at the little swimmers after the IUI) .

#13 of 157 Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 PM

please add me to waiting to ovulate.

I'm day 2 and start taking clomid tomorrow.

I wish I knew what went wrong last cycle. I know it was our first IUI but I responded well to the clomid and the insemination had 65 million sperm... I guess we just try again this cycle and hope for the best?

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#14 of 157 Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Please add me to waiting to start. I'm on Day 2 and will start Follistim tomorrow (hopefully) after u/s. Feeling really frustrated and sad - I thought the IUI would do it... but I guess it's a series... or who knows what else or how long this will last...
on top of that - this is the worst AF I have experienced in ages. anyone else notice this between IUI cycles? I suppose it makes sense.
I wish I knew what went wrong too - feeling tired of all the food/acupuncture/tea... also terrified because I will be 41 in 2 weeks. really hit me today.

Kate
#15 of 157 Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Kate & Kelly, I'm on day 1! We're all lined up... at least for now.

I can also go into the waiting to O category now.

How's everyone doing? I'm in Boston and the weather is total crap. It's really not helping my already blue mood due to infertility. Blah!!! :::

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#16 of 157 Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post

I wish I knew what went wrong last cycle.
I wish there were always a good answer. My nurse told me that even on mine and DH's (he has motility and morphology problems and I apparently now have issues of my own) best, best, best cycle, we have around a 25% chance, which is equal to that of the most fertile people. The last time we got a BFP on IUI #4, which works out just right with those odds. I hope you hit the jackpot sooner -- and I hope I do this time, too. We're on our 2nd IUI this month.

I have my follie check tomorrow. After the DIY work I've done this month, I'm excited!

#17 of 157 Old 07-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Furrow: thanks for your post. I guess the thing that gets me is that we have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and the doctor told us our prognosis is really good. I'm just hoping that there is wrong here and it's just a matter of time. I hope all goes well with your follie check and this IUI does the trick.

Kate: hang in there... I totally understand that when your birthday rolls around it really adds to the stress.

Ladylaura: This weather has been awful so far this summer... we're building a house so this rain is not helping with the mud situation. I hope things go as planned this cycle.

laura belle: I know the waiting game is not fun but I hope the egg is burrowing itself!

aprilmom: I think it's worth giving prozac a shot. You're definately not alone here--I find I'm short with people too and moody--I recognize this but it is difficult to control. I told my husband last night that I wished I could have a more positive attitude/I'm just complaining about everything.

I find day 1-2 the hardest but I'm coming around to getting excited about this next cycle.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#18 of 157 Old 07-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Today at my follicle check I got some good news, some bad news, and some wait and see news.

Good News: I have one nice looking 18 mm follicle. After doing so many clomid cycles (not on anything this time), I was at first disheartened to see only one follicle, but of course, that's "normal."

Bad News: My lining was only 5mm. It needs to be around 8mm by the time of ovulation, which should still be a few days away, so I *may* get close to that, but I'm not counting on it. I am disappointed that it wasn't better this month (was only 4.7 mm on day 12 last month), but I've just read that clomid takes 6 weeks to completely leave the system, which could be affecting things this month.

Wait and See: Nurse (I see a nurse who specializes in infertility issues, not an RE) says she won't do a trigger shot until the follicle is around 20 -- hmm.. I've seen accounts of lots of REs doing it at around 18 -- so that puts us in a waiting game. Not good timing with a weekend coming up. I have to go back for another follicle check tomorrow. That should give us a better sense of how fast things are growing. I may have to go to a walk-in clinic for an IM trigger shot this weekend (Nurse's office is 45 mins away). And then...? Sunday is totally out for IUI. So it's either Saturday (no time really for a shot, but maybe I don't need it) or Monday (maybe too late) or simply DIY BD, if we can know ahead of time that it's okay to do so. The sucky thing about IUI is having to ration sex.

All things considered, I don't have a great feeling about this month. Everything seems off. Even my CD calculation is off. I may only be on CD10 instead of 11. A doctor a long time ago told me to count the firtst day of seeing ANY blood as CD1. This cycle I spotted for one day before starting. I never do that, usually. I counted it as CD1. Nurse tells me it wasn't.

I hope everyone is okay today. The weather here is hot and humid and I'm feeling deflated.

#19 of 157 Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Hi all,

I just got back from my baseline ultrasound and they said I have to wait another cycle, cause I have 2 big follicles still sitting in my left ovary. feeling very sad, because we are going away for August, meaning I won't be able to IUI for maybe 3 cycles now.
I'm just feeling it gives us a better chance to do the injections etc, so scared that time will go by... maybe we'll go straight to IVF when we get back. i was really hoping to be pregnant by the time we left. Of course, I've been hoping to be pregnant by the time anything comes up... and now i'm scared my sister will give birth to her 3rd before I'm even pregnant... it's hard - I don't even want to see her and I feel terrible for being so jealous. Sorry - I'm pretty down and weepy today...

Furrow: your RE isn't open on sun? that is annoying! but half the time it's the BDing that does it! My RE also is adamant that spotting day is NOT day1, which was new knowledge for me... Hopefully the progesterone helps your lining? Might be time to hit injectables, they are less brutal on the lining than clomid.
I hope the timing somehow works... this is all so damn tricky!

Kate
#20 of 157 Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Aww, Kate, I'm so sorry about this cycle. That really sucks. I know how you feel about hoping to be pregant by [fill in the blank]. I do that, too. Maybe during this time away you'll be able to decide what your next step is.

To answer your question, Kate, I don't really go to an RE. It's an advanced practice nurse who works with an OB. She specializes in infertility, though, and has a relationship with the fertility clinic in the same building. There are pros and cons about the arrangement. One of the cons is no Sundays.

My follicle check today showed me at about the same place that I was yesterday, but the good news is that I had them pull my chart from the month I got pregnant with my daughter 2 years ago, and my endo was about the same thickness then. So we're going ahead with an IUI tomorrow. Nurse wanted to wait until Monday, but I think that'll be too late. Lots of ewcm today. IUI on Saturday and we'll follow up with BD on Sunday. I like to think that's really what worked last time.

Laura-Belle -- you're getting close to the testing phase, right? Keep us posted!

#21 of 157 Old 07-10-2009, 03:15 PM

SecretBeach: Cysts suck. And on the other people and pregnancy and babies thing--I'm so there. I'm actually skipping the first birthday party for a friend's kid this weekend because I just don't want to inflict my emotions around the subject on everyone else.

Furrow: *crossing my fingers for you*

AFM: Yeah, my official beta day is next Wednesday. I'm trying to hold off on the POAS tests until Sunday. We'll see--I am historically really bad at patience.

Either way, this cycle is our last ART cycle for a while and probably our last IUI. I can't take the injectibles again for the percentage chance of success we have, DH's sperm numbers are only getting worse, and well...money. We have an appointment for IVF consult in mid-August and I guess we'll figure out what next after that.

#22 of 157 Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
Either way, this cycle is our last ART cycle for a while and probably our last IUI. I can't take the injectibles again for the percentage chance of success we have, DH's sperm numbers are only getting worse, and well...money. We have an appointment for IVF consult in mid-August and I guess we'll figure out what next after that.
Yeah, once your total out of pocket for IUIs gets almost halfway to IVF, it starts to seem reasonable. I really hope this month is it for you, though. I'll be checking in in case you cave on the POAS

#23 of 157 Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I'll be checking in in case you cave on the POAS

#24 of 157 Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM

May I obsess here with you guys? We are waiting to start...tick tock tick tock.

We've been TTC for about a year and a half. We did the tests: blood, HSG, SA and we're both healthy and seemingly fertile. I had a lap a couple weeks ago bc we suspected endo and even my guts are perfectly healthy. We did a couple cycles of clomid and a few cycles of femara with no luck and now our magic RE has suggested IUI with injectibles. Our ins. requires that we submit an application before we can get started. I don't know if that's typical or not but we just got the green light from our insurance co, CareFirst, and now we wait for approval on the meds. The doc said it would probably be another 2 - 3 days before we get the final approval and can pick up our meds.

I'm on the pill right now so we can control when we start our next cycle. The pill has turned me into a lunatic but it also made my (.)(.)s ginormous, so DH has found a way to overlook the crazy that explodes from my mouth every now and again...it helps if I'm wearing a tight T-shirt.

We're anxious to get started. Most of my friends IRL who have tried IUI with injectibles have had success. I expect to get approval for the meds sometime next week, pick up the meds, stop taking the crazy pills and get ready for AF, blood draws, injections and u/s until we pop out an egg.

Good luck to you ladies in the TWW and waiting to bust a move on an egg. I'm sending lots of babydust to you all.

Hilary

welcomed my boy/girl twins on 04/22/10 after cooking them for 40 weeks
#25 of 157 Old 07-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Welcome, Hilary! Waiting sucks. But you're lucky that your insurance will cover the treatment. Mine covers nada. Er, actually, it covers testing, but no treatment.

I hope you're able to get started soon and scramble an egg.

Quote:
I'm on the pill right now so we can control when we start our next cycle. The pill has turned me into a lunatic but it also made my (.)(.)s ginormous

Why oh why did I never go on the pill?!

I had my IUI today. DH had over 200 million grade B (slow and nonlinear, but progressive) sperm, but no grade A. I hope that's good enough. I had a temp rise this morn which may mean I ovulated overnight, but Nurse thinks I may have had an immature egg since I o'ed a bit early. It's really not that early for me. Day 12 or 13 (depending on when I actually started. Not totally sure). And she gave me prometrium because I whined about my rather short luteal phases (usually 11-13 days), but now I'm reading horror stories about prometrium and I'm scared. She has me taking 400 mg, which seems like rather a lot for only a suspected, marginal problem. Anyone else taken prometrium for a short luteal phase? How much? Maybe she's just punishing me for making her come in on a Saturday.

#26 of 157 Old 07-12-2009, 06:16 AM

furrow- prometruim, while no fun, is one of the best ways to deter any problems or possible problems with luteal phase. The progesterone hormone itself is bioidenticle, so its extremely similar to your own progesterone. I have found, even though its messy, I tolerated it better vaginally because there is no systemic absorbtion of the drug, therefore, less side effects. Hope things go well!! Good luck

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#27 of 157 Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Hilarigh: Good luck! Nice that your insurance is helping.

Furrow: *hoping for you* I've been on Prometrium every cycle since last October for luteal phase defects; 200 mg (1 pill-thingy) twice daily. It is gross, but it seems to work at extending the luteal phase. I haven't had any major side effects.

AFM: 11 dpo today. BFN. I'll still test Wednesday and have my beta done, but today at least I think I'm out.

#28 of 157 Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM

Laura-Belle: Sorry about the BFN. I hope it's just too early.

LB and By-The-Lake: Thanks for making me feel better about the prometrium. I think I will try it vaginally instead of orally. I'm not taking it yet because I'm still not sure I've o'ed. The temp rise on Saturday didn't stick. I think I just had a bit of a fever because of an ear infection. Today I have extremely tender breasts and still have ewcm. Nurse said I did look ovulatory on Saturday, but I think we wasted an IUI. Washed sperm only live up to 24 hrs (how is it I didn't know that after all this time?). We BD'd last night and maybe will again tonight, but I don't have much hope for this month. I wonder if I'm even going to ovulate. We never got around to the trigger shot. le sigh.

Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/287fc8

#29 of 157 Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBeach View Post
Hi all,

I just got back from my baseline ultrasound and they said I have to wait another cycle, cause I have 2 big follicles still sitting in my left ovary. feeling very sad, because we are going away for August, meaning I won't be able to IUI for maybe 3 cycles now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarigh View Post
May I obsess here with you guys? We are waiting to start...tick tock tick tock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
AFM: 11 dpo today. BFN. I'll still test Wednesday and have my beta done, but today at least I think I'm out.
That stinks... I did that last time so I think I was prepared for the BFN when it was real... but it was not any easier to deal with.

AFM - I had my IUI this am. I am feeling crampy just like last month. I just tell myself that is my body doing what it needs to do. At my ultrasound on CD10 there were to foliciles 17mm & 18mm. I did my HCG shot on CD 11 and went in today CD13. She said it went well. Now for the dreaded TWW

#30 of 157 Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM

Furrow – I’m sorry your IUI cycle has been so confusing. Were you taking any meds for ovulation? Did your doc schedule you to come in for betas or did they instruct you to test on a specific dpiui? I hope you guys catch the egg the old fashioned way. My RE has me taking Prometrium (200 mg) 3DPO. I take the Prometrium orally and didn’t notice many side effects at all. I kind of thought it was weird that I wasn’t having symptoms.

Laura-belle – maybe it’s just too early? I hope you get some good news on Wed.

Aprilmom – were you taking any meds for ovulation? How did the HCG shot go? I’m a little nervous about the injections so I’m looking for feedback from people who’ve BTDT. I hope you’re able to find something to keep you busy/preoccupied for the next couple weeks.

AFM – I don’t have any updates on my wait but had an awesome weekend. I’m about half way through my yoga teacher training program. We meet one weekend a month from May – Dec. and had a session this past weekend. I’m learning a TON and we got to do a lot of hands-on posture assists and modifications. It was really cool and now I get to practice what I learned on DH. I spent the whole weekend paired up with another woman about the same size as me, short, and now I’ll be practicing on DH who is a skyscraper at 6’2”. Oh well, it’s important for me to learn how to adjust a big guy.

welcomed my boy/girl twins on 04/22/10 after cooking them for 40 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page