Bleeding on and off all month....take BCP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a little backround on me....

I have pcos and never O'd before until I took clomid and had my beautiful little girl 13 months ago. I am just starting to ttc since I don't know how long it will take. I have been spotting/AF on and off all month so I'm not sure what's going on.

My question is...I have a prescription of BCP(mini pill since I am bfing) that I never filled. I have heard of people taking it to get their system back on track. Would it be helpful to do a cycle with BCP and just see what happens or would that just mess me up even more?

Anyone ever in this situation or have any advice?

Thanks!

Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM

Well I only have experience with the combo pill, not the mini pill, but I would think that any artificial hormones in your system would probably just throw it off in the end. In your situation I would probably just wait it out, eating as healthily and having as many regular living routines (waking and sleeping at the same time every day, going for a good walk every day, for example) as I could.
Really though I can't address the mini-pill specifically, maybe someone else will chime in with their experience with that.
Good luck!
ETA: I forgot to mention: traditional Chinese medicine (herbs and acupuncture) can do wonders for cycle/fertility issues. If the bleeding won't go away, you could try finding a good certified TCM practitioner in your area.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#3 of 4 Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ursusarctos! I used to go to an acupuncturist so maybe I will try that again. It didn't really help last time but I wasn't getting AF at all so maybe it will help now that I am getting it more often.
#4 of 4 Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 AM

I also have PCOS and had very irregular periods, as bad as every 2 weeks with spotting the entire time in between. I went to a Dr becasue DH and I were trying to get pregnant. He solution was to go on BCP for 3 months and my periods would get back to normal. She wouldn't even test me for PCOS even thought I have all the symptoms of it. Just told me I was fat, needed to loose weight go on BCP and I would ovulate. SO I was stupid and with an HMO so she was the only OB/Gyn in the practice. I was regular while on the BCP but as soon as I went off it was the same thing with regards to AF. It was not until I moved and saw a great OB/GYN who listened to me prescribed metformin and bam my periods were normal. Mind you I still needed Clomid to ovulate which was not sucessful because my tubes are both blocked. If you made it to the end..thanks for listening to my story, and I hope you get some answers soon.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page