~ * ~ * August Infertility One Thread * ~ * ~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 77 Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

ann_of_loxley (25) TTC#2 since July 2008 - 5 M/Cs - So far unexplained secondary infertility. Blood work (a lot!) - low testosterone? - impending lap (probable endo?)

anne1140- (25) - TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Blood work, semen analysis 4X, HSG, and 2 ultrasounds (1 2D, 1 3D). Me: septate uterus, Him: poor sperm morphology and motility, possibly caused by varicocele. Next step: Surgery for him AND for me! IUI after that.

ArmyWifePrincess- ttc since 2004, 7 natural cycles with injections~bfn. Adopting, PCOS & Low morph, one m/c 2003, dx pcos 2005

AutumnLaughing- 31-TTC #1 with probable PCOS

Becky8824 - TTC#1 since 03/08. One round of clomid 50mg and IUI in January.

brandyshea - TTC #1 since Feb 08. Suspected low progesterone/luteal phase defect. Starting 1st round of clomid with ob (50 mg).

claireb Claire (31), married to N (28) and TTC #1 after 2 losses (6.5 weeks, 11.5 weeks). Dx with compound heterozygous MTHFR, currently on Folgard & BA, will go on Lovenox injections upon positive beta. Husband dx with low morphology (9%). Currently on IUI with injectables cycle #1.

Eastbayk- natrual

Furrow -- TTC#2 since June 2009; DH has motility and morphology issues, but high count; I now seem to have lining problems (though it may be the clomid); trying IUI with and without meds; DD conceived in 2007 on 4th IUI with clomid

tami1981- TTC for 2+ years, secondary infertility, severe male factor, 1 failed IUI, now onto IVF/ICSI Aug/09!!

brittloup - TTC #1 Since March '07 DH 33 (Great counts-Low Morph and Low Motility) Me 22 (No problems!) // 4 rounds Clomid with OBGYN all BFN// IUI #1 with RE Clomid and 2 75iu Bravelle injections--day of IUI sperm count 108 million--BFN Found cyst on left ovary and taking one month break.

blackapple-Melina- 27, with husband Chad, 28, TTC #3 since August 08. PCOS and tandem breastfeeding my b/g twins (thank you Clomid!). Trying soy, since it worked last cycle.

crazyrunningmama - TTC #2 via IVF w/ICSI in July 2009
(#1 concieved via FET after IVF w/ICSI, born spring 2006)

Crystal-mommy - TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

DaisyMae08 - TTC #1 since 7/07, 7 failed IUIs, currently in our first IVF cycle.

Deohare- TTC#2 w/secondary infertility after a long break.

eternalsunshine - TTC#2 w/MF issues. Conceived DC#1 through IUI. Currently on IUI #6 and seriously considering IVF soon.

Jelinifer-25 y.o./DH 26 - TTC#1. On to cycle number #6 with Clomid. Ovulation problems for me. MFI w/poor morph too. Waiting to discuss IUI or IVF in fall 2009.

KellyTTC#1- 32 y.o. /DH 39. TTC#1 for 2 years. Currently on 1st IUI w/Clomid.

KrysTTC- Officially TTC #2 with clomid since May 2009 after a year of not getting her period on her own. Diagnosed with PCOS 2003.

ladylaura-Laura, TTC #1 for almost 22 months, doing IVF #1 with ICSI and PGD in April

Laura-Belle- 28 y.o./DH 41. TTC since 5/2007. 6 failed IUI's, currently considering IVF.

lola88 - 38 y.o., TTC#1 since Oct. '05, 4 failed clomid cycles, 1 failed clomid/iui cycle, moving on to adoption!

MOMTOALEXIS - Trying to conceive since 9/07. 4 failed Clomid cycles, 3 with IUI. Moving to IVF January 09

mamasgirls- TTC #3 since 4/2007. Moving on to IUI #2.

marg- TTC since 03/07 PCOS

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years, hypothyroidism under control, 3 failed IUIs with OB/GYN, appt later this month with RE to discuss results of tests and where we go from here.

NorthSky- TTC #1 for one year, possible PCOS

oregonduck- Kim, 34, TTC#1 since June, 2007. 4th Clomid cycle since m/c.

pixielou- TTC 2 years, waiting for IVF or IUI

Shadow22-35- High FSH, TTC#2

tomanygirls - TTC #4 since 11/07 - PCOS with Metformin,HSG, blocked tube, 1st round of clomid, canceled 1st IUI cause we only had one egg on blocked side.

trumpcard- M--32 wife to P--32, TTC #1 since April 2008, HSG for me this month and dealing with MFI

wileymama- TTC with injectibles/IUI for unexplained IF after November stillbirth

wgt4miracle- TTC #1, IVF#1 getting ready for stimming. Finished bcp, continuing lupron. Maybe ER and ET middle of April. (never had a chance to do IUI cause of blocked tubes, ARGH)

WoodlandFairy- 27, have been TTC for over 15 months

zoey2010-31, PCOS, MFI. Did ICSI in May: 9 eggs, only 2 fertilized, day 3 transfer but cells were not dividing as expected.. RE say 10%. Also doing acupuncture. June 3, (-) for pregnancy test.

Taking a Break

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. 2nd IVF in December 2008, miscarriage in January 2009. Taking a break.

Held - 39 years old, TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break.

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

poetgirl - TTC for 28 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08.

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

BellyBean

booja's mom

by-the-lake - TTC#3 with new MF issues, injectibles/trigger/ IUI #6, 1st with DI.

Furrow -- TTC#2 since June 2009; DH has motility and morphology issues, but high count; I now seem to have lining problems (though it may be the clomid); trying IUI with and without meds; DD conceived in 2007 on 4th IUI with clomid

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF. --> December 2008

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid. Diagnostic Lap Dec '08. --> January 2009

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger. --> February 2009

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg) with 2 failed IUIs. Have now finished first injectable (Gonal F & Trigger) cycle with IUI done mid Jan and now in the dreaded TWW. Hoping for a early Valentines/B-Day present with a BFP!! --> February 2009

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle. --> February 2009

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 23 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. 5th IUI cycle in April. ---> May 2009

Julia'sMom - TTC #2, ivf#1 7/08 - 12 wk miscarriage, ivf#2 2/09 converted to iui - bfn, ivf#3 in April-------> Dec. 2009

Perdita_in_Ontario

Pookietooth

Laci

Losses

Victorian Patch

Moondiapers

Catubodua - 39, TTC #1 since Oct 07. we've already had a semen analysis and HSG done and both were fine.

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#2 of 77 Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, trying for threadkeeper's luck here

It seems like there are far more people listed on the top than actually have been posting. I didn't want to delete anyone though (maybe everyone is just away on vacation?). Please let me know and bold it if you would like changes made to your info.

Let's have a BFP Summer!!!!! :

#3 of 77 Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM

Thanks again for picking up the month!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#4 of 77 Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM

It's hard to believe we're already getting into August. I'm on CD 9 of our third IUI cycle (I hope. Depends on how well I stimmed). DH's sperm issues seem to have improved some, but my recent bloodwork showed slightly elevated FSH at 9.05, so I'm not sure what that means for the future.

CRM-- thanks for taking on the thread, and I hope it gives you good luck this month!

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
#5 of 77 Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM

We got DH's S/A count levels back.... things aren't too good. He wasn't found to be azoospermic, and I'm counting my blessings for this. According to the Tygerberg Strict Scale (same as Kruger, I think?) DH has 3% normal morphology..... 61.3mil on count.... and the rest looked decent. The lab put comments in his paperwork and noted that some of his swimmers have coiled tails too and acromosomal deficiencies too. This S/A was done after TCM supplements, accupuncture and a perfect diet for DH (all organic and no caffeine or alcohol.) I'm kind of afraid to see what his results would have been if I hadn't convinced him to nix the bad stuff and take his vits

From what's I'm reading I guess IVF w/ICSI is the standard for MFI w/poor morph? Anyone have any insight or experience with this that they can share?

CRM: can you change me to....
Jelinifer-25 y.o./DH 26 - TTC#1. On to cycle number #6 with Clomid. Ovulation problems for me. MFI w/poor morph too. Waiting to discuss IUI or IVF in fall 2009.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#6 of 77 Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
From what's I'm reading I guess IVF w/ICSI is the standard for MFI w/poor morph? Anyone have any insight or experience with this that they can share?

CRM: can you change me to....
Did the changes. Our issues are MF and we have done ICSI with all 3!! of our IVF cycles, it is our only chance. Things have gone pretty well for us, with our first cycle I got pg, had an early m/c, had one shot at a FET and got my dd. Our second cycle last summer had some other issues (they increased my dosage, my estradial went very high, had to coast with no meds) and now I wonder if that effected the quality of the embies. And in 2 weeks we'll know how this third one went. At your age you should respond very well to IVF. It's odd, they are always so surprised at how well I respond to the meds and I feel like shouting "that's because I don't have fertility issues, that's not why we're here!" But I don't, of course dh feels bad enough. And it's not good to shout in clinics.

Have a good weekend all!!

#7 of 77 Old 08-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
But I don't, of course dh feels bad enough.
My DH is devastated... feels so alone he says. I feel pretty lucky because I have you gals online and a coworker who finally had a baby through IVF after 10 years of trying that I can vent to... Poor DH has no one- and it seems like he'd like support/friends/groups....whatever that pertain to MFI because everything/everyone focuses on the woman's issues. Do you have any idea of good resources for guys struggling with MFI?

#8 of 77 Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

I know that resources exist for men with MFI, but I don't know what they are. Maybe post a seperate thread asking or ask in the Dads forum? It is hard and it is also hard to support them when we are going through so much already. Good luck finding him something.

My ET today went great - 2 blasts (day 5). Going to lay down now!!

#9 of 77 Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
My ET today went great - 2 blasts (day 5). Going to lay down now!!
That is awesome news!!! : For a peaceful and eventful TWW!!!

#10 of 77 Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I think it's doubly hard for guys because even if they *want* to talk about it, there's a perception that guys don't talk about it! So, even if they had guy friends going through the same thing, it'd be more challenging to start a conversation about it.

I had an appointment in which we decided to do an HSG + an SA this week. It's funny - we'd been wanting them for awhile in theory, but I think we both had a bit of a wakeup call when we realized we were actually going to do the tests. I'm sure you can imagine his look when I came home with the test requisition form for him!

I guess I thought my Ob/gyn office would want to start with an ultrasound, which seems less invasive to me? They seem completely unconcerned about this ovary shell issue that I hear about. But, since I think I have some endo issues too, I really want ANY kind of imaging that'll reassure me that it's not just one big glued-together mess down there. (They blow off the endo issues as secondary, and "suspected", especially because I have light periods. I still worry though - so much seems to not work quite right in my luteal phase!)

I'm a little nervous - does anyone have any info on the risks of the HSG? I can't seem to find anything. Heck, I can't find much info on it at all! I think I was thinking of it as a "test", when maybe I should have been thinking "procedure"...

I don't think there are too many risks with an SA... and I'm hoping the numbers come back fine, even though he certainly has enough behaviors might cause problems! I guess I figure there's no point in asking him to change the things he likes (and I think he just might love coffee more than me!) until we'd had at least a good 6-9 cycles of "trying"...

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 

2/2014 - IVF cycle = 2ndtri.gif due in late November!

#11 of 77 Old 08-03-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnlaughing View Post
I'm a little nervous - does anyone have any info on the risks of the HSG?...I think I was thinking of it as a "test", when maybe I should have been thinking "procedure"...
Mine was definitely more of a procedure than a test. I even had to get a little hospital bracelet and put on a gown. I didn't really think about risks--I suppose I probably should have, but...

My DH has MFI issues (borderline low numbers and not great morphology) as well. I think it is almost worse for him than for me because for a lot of the things that can go wrong in women, there are things we can do about them--procedures, meds, etc. For guys unless it is a variocele (sp?) there isn't much that can be done to solve the problem. You can try a lot of things like diet and vitamins, but (in our experience) it mostly doesn't make a big difference. That can be really demoralizing.

On the subject of me: We're in a 'break' period right now--I've been nearly a month without visiting reproductive endochronology (sp?). It is kind of weird. After 7 failed IUIs I decided we were done with that and our IVF consult appointment isn't for another two weeks.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#12 of 77 Old 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM

Hello - I am joining. Not willingly of course, so I hope my stay is short! But I honestly do not know what I would do without support!

So this is me:

ann_of_loxley (25) TTC#2 since July 2008 - 5 M/Cs - So far unexplained secondary infertility. Blood work (a lot!) - low testosterone? - impending lap (probable endo?)

Thanks!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#13 of 77 Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
laura-belle There probably aren't too many risks, but like many of us here, I can't seem to catch a break, medically. I'm always the person with the .02% side effect... they doctors usually say "Uhm, this can't do that" and look at me funny. So, I get nervous about EVERYTHING.

Ann - I'd hoped to run back into you in a DDC! I hope your stay is short + sweet!

AFM - I'm surprised, I noticed a few odd things (increased sex drive, cramps, more CM) so I took an OPK and it was positive. (But barely, like "same as control" positive -and I was pretty dehydrated + hadn't peed all day...) I had some cramps while I was helping my friend move (uhm, which mostly consisted of holding her baby!), but I'm only CD 14 + I've never ovulated this early.

DH and I would have totally missed the window (you know, the one we aren't aiming for? :P) but I think I'd be excited to ovulate on the early side anyhow...

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 

2/2014 - IVF cycle = 2ndtri.gif due in late November!

#14 of 77 Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 AM

Thanks for keeping the thread crazyrunningmama, so glad your ET went well! Thanks also to Jelinifer as I think I forgot to say thanks in the July thread.

Autumn, the risks of having the HSG are low. There can be a small risk of infection but you should get antibiotics. I had a pill antibiotic to take 5 days before the hsg and also vaginal suppositories to take for 5 nights. There is also the radiation that comes with any xray. I am not sure how the SA could have risks but maybe I'm missing something. It's pretty low-tech I think

crazyrunningmama, would you mind updating me to:

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years, hypothyroidism under control, 3 failed IUIs with OB/GYN, appt later this month with RE to discuss results of tests and where we go from here.
#15 of 77 Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Howdy new folks! Updates done to here. I don't mind at all being the threadkeeper, it gives me a good reason for being on here 12 times a day!

AFM - cranky!! My work annoys me sooooooooooooo much and I'm off right now! : Off to do some deep breathing.

#16 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

How are things for everyone? It seems so quiet around here, I can only assume everyone is off having relaxing vacations.

#17 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM

Hi ladies

Haven't been posting too much because I'm trying (*emphasis on trying) not to obsess too much.

CRM, thanks for doing the thread...may it bring you lots of luck and Your transfer sounds like it couldn't have gone better...I can't wait to break out a whole bunch of these guys : for your soon-to-be :

Also, can you please add me to TTC? Here is my info:

Claire (31), married to N (28) and TTC #1 after 2 losses (6.5 weeks, 11.5 weeks). Dx with compound heterozygous MTHFR, currently on Folgard & BA, will go on Lovenox injections upon positive beta. Husband dx with low morphology (9%). Currently on IUI with injectables cycle #1.

Ann, sorry you're joining...just like the TTC After Loss club, the Infertility TTC club is yet another no one wants to join. Sucks that we're both members of both:

Furrow, glad to hear the sperm numbers have increased. Try not to worry about the elevated FSH...my RE always says that numbers are numbers and he deals with people...my FSH isn't "great" but he says my OVARIES look "great" so he'd rather have good ovaries than good blood test numbers. So you never know with just a number...this isn't a science, although it's hard to remember that. Good luck with your stimming...any idea when your IUI might be?

Jelinifer, so sorry to hear about your hubby's morphology. My hubby also has morphology issues, although his was 9%...so far, that's all they've found for us. We're doing IUI with injectables this month (I'm 7 dpiui today) but I think if this month doesn't happen, we'll likely move forward to IVF with ICSI, since that's the treatment recommendation for morphology. The bad news is that it's so extreme and expensive...but the good news is that the ICSI will theoretically eliminate the problems created by the morphology. I'm also sorry your hubby feels alone and isolated...my hubby doesn't talk about it, but I'm sure he feels somewhat "defective" since our fertility problems have only been linked so far to the morphology. It's so hard for men, because this is SO not something they talk about with their buddies.

Autumnlaughing...hope you caught that eggie!!

laura-belle, let us know how the IVF consult goes in a few weeks.

Needleinthehay, good luck with your appointment!!

AFM, we are 7 dpiui, and as I mentioned on the TTC after loss boards, I am going looney-tunes waiting. :

We had great follicle numbers (5 mature in the 20+mm. range and 5-6 in the high teens mm. range) and the IUI happened literally AS I was ovulating...I could feel it, believe me, with all of those follies, it felt like labor.

And yesterday, at my acupuncturist appointment, he told me that he was fairly certain that I had a pregnant pulse. I'm not sure I buy that stuff, but it's exciting to hear (on one hand) and crazymaking on the other hand...like I'm not thinking about it day and night already, now I'm checking my pulse every 5 minutes trying to determine if it's still "pregnant" or not. Just so you all know, my pulse feels like....a pulse. How the HECK am I supposed to know how to feel a pregnant pulse?? The only piece of information I'm getting from the obsessive pulse-checks is that I'm alive.

Anyway, clearly my staying away from the boards multiple times a day isn't helping with my obsession level, so maybe I'll just come back full swing!!

Good luck to everyone...looking for good news from people soon!

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#18 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hiya Claire. I have added you. That's wild that you could feel yourself ovulating! I hope this is the cycle for you!

#19 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM

I'm doing okay.... lounging on the couch with my laptop because I got my HSG done today. They wouldn't let DH come in the room and hold my hand : but my OB did the test (I really like this guy) and not some random radiologist so that was comforting to have my Dr. there... it was really painful- I threw up in a trash can on the way out to the car because the cramping sent my stomach into a tailspin .... but the test was fairly quick and I got to see the monitor showing the dye go into my uterus- that was kinda neat.

Best thing of all: no scar tissue or any other kinds of abnormalities that they can see

#20 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
How are things for everyone? It seems so quiet around here, I can only assume everyone is off having relaxing vacations.
How are you doing CRM? When's your beta?

#21 of 77 Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
How are things for everyone?
Not much is happening here. Our IVF consult is next Wednesday. Despite the fact that I know that our chances of getting pregnant on an unmedicated cycle are approaching zero I still know that I am ~1 week post o. That is all.

Claire: Good luck! I'm really not good at not obsessing (see above), so no advice there.

Jelinifer: I'm glad your HSG had good results (even if it was really un-fun). Yay!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#22 of 77 Old 08-08-2009, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Jelinifer. What a rough day you had! Good thing your dh was handy to drive you home. My first HSG was a bit of a surprise, I had no idea what I was getting into and went on my own. I hope you are taking it easy.

My beta is next Wednesday, the 12th, but they don't call with results until the next afternoon. Here's me, waiting patiently.

And here's my new fav smiley that I'll never have a real reason to use

peace out mamas

#23 of 77 Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 PM

CRM: They make you wait till the next day?!?!? I'd go crazy!!!

I have a fave smiley that I never get to use too (except I think I used it to bump us in the July One thread...)

:

#24 of 77 Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 PM

I had my IUI on Tuesday. I think it went really well. DH's numbers were pretty good and I had some convincing ovulation pains just a few hours later. I'm 4 dpo and I keep having pain around my ovaries. Cysts? My bbs are also really sore. Too early for pg symptoms, so I'm assuming it's from the meds and hcg. Still, I can't help but hope it means something. I had right side ovarian pain as a first symptom with dd, but it didn't start until 12 dpo.

Claireb -- thanks for the kind words on my FSH level. That's a great doc you have to say that. Some of them are so doom and gloom when there is the slightest increase. Mine didn't say much. Just that it impacts how well I'm ovulating.

Jelinifer -- Yikes. I'm sorry you had such a painful HSG, but I'm glad you're in the clear.

CRM -- I'm dying to know your beta results. Fingers tightly crossed for you.

Laura Belle -- we miss you in the IUI group, but I hope IVF does the trick for you.

Best wishes to everyone else! The washing machine is going crazy so I can't concentrate anymore.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
#25 of 77 Old 08-08-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm still here, but I don't really have anything new to post. My lap/hyst. got canceled. It was supposed to be this past Thursday. My doctor wanted to test me for von Willebrands first, because my sister has it, and it's hereditary. (Von Willebrands is a blood clotting disorder.) I'm still waiting for that call. If it's a yes, I will be referred to a hematologist. I start teaching in less than a week, so I was hoping to have the surgery done and over with, but no such luck. I don't know when I will do it now. My mom is in hospice now, and I'm told it will be weeks, but they don't know how many. I'm going to wait until my mom passes before I schedule the surgery again. One, because I don't want it to conflict with the few visits I have left. Two, because I will obviously be taking work off when my mom passes, and I don't want to push my luck. Three, because I also have to get my wisdom teeth out, as one keeps getting infected, so I think I need to do that first and foremost. There's just too much going on right now!

DH has a second urologist appointment on Tuesday. He will have another semen analysis, and we plan on asking the doctor if he recommends the surgery or not for his varicocele. If yes, we can start working toward that. If no, we can start working toward IVF, which we definitely won't be doing until next summer, giving me time to have surgery until that point.

I will update after the appointment on Tuesday.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#26 of 77 Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Anne.

#27 of 77 Old 08-09-2009, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
CRM: They make you wait till the next day?!?!? I'd go crazy!!!
indeed - CRAZY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrow View Post
Too early for pg symptoms, so I'm assuming it's from the meds and hcg. Still, I can't help but hope it means something. ...

CRM -- I'm dying to know your beta results. Fingers tightly crossed for you.
Don't those symptoms make you nuts??? I mean, happy to have them, but the whole it might be the meds, it might be a BFP thing is just so distracting. I am having that right now as well (super sensitive to smells). And thanks for the : !!

Oh, Anne. Many many You just have too darn much going on right now, I hope you are getting a lot of support and taking good care. I would be living in a hot bath with a beer right now if I were you. Good luck with getting back to work, I hope it goes smoothly.

#28 of 77 Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 AM

I will write personals later...but I had to say...

OH MY LORD, I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::::::::::

I can't believe this...I am freaking truly and legimately PREGNANT!!!

Holy crap...I'm shaking...I'm so happy and excited. This can't be real.

I'm 10 dpo today. It's no question. The lines are faint(ish) but clearly there, there's no denying. And there is certainly no denying the very clear "Yes +" sign on the digital!!::::::: ::

I can't believe I'm telling you all before my husband!! He's at work and I don't want to tell him over the phone, so I have to share it...

AAAAAHHHHH!!! The IUI actually worked...we're PREGNANT!!

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#29 of 77 Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Congratulations, Claire! :::::

#30 of 77 Old 08-10-2009, 02:22 PM

: : Congrats Claire! : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page