~ Fall IVF Cyclers ~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 436 Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heatstone, you must be so excited! 30 follies is great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope you have many amazing embryos to choose from.

The IM shots aren't bad, and yes, it's pretty easy, as the target is a large muscle, so you really can't miss! I drew a target on my butt just for a visual, but it's not really necessary. Tonight was my 2nd IM shot, and it wasn't a big deal at all.

Joyful, I believe that the 3/8, 5/8 is the length of the needle. Mine are 1 1/2, so your length sounds like nothing in comparison. I think you'll be fine with the 5/8. It's the gauge of the needle that's the most important, b/c it allows the medicine to flow in easily. I just checked my clinic's instructions, and for the Menopur they indicate a 5/8 needle length.

Do any of you have EMLA cream to help numb the area before the IM injections? I got some - a generic version - for $10 at my pharmacy thru insurance. I hardly notice a thing during my shots.

BTW, I think my transfer will be around Dec 12 or 13...just a few days after yours. My ED's ER is scheduled for Dec 7 or 8, so I'll go 3-5 days later. I'll be out in California from Dec 8 - 15, so I have a wide window for the transfer in the event the schedule needs to be adjusted.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#362 of 436 Old 11-29-2009, 10:19 PM

Hello again everyone!! So I just returned from the Rockville Shady Grove where I had my ER. It went well and they retrieved 11 eggs! Out of those I had 5 mature and now have 4 2-cell embies hanging in there! I hope they stay strong! So nerve wracking when you start with such a high follie count (30) and than end with 5 mature eggs!! Thought I'd have more but I am so thankful for those 4 embryos!! They will be calling tomorrow with a report and hopefully let me know when the transfer will be.

for everyone!!!
#363 of 436 Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM

That's great news heatstone - I have everything crossed for your four embies! Any news on when your transfer will be?

Me? Well I'm on day 7 of stims today and had my first ultrasound this morning. I have 8 follicles on the left ovary and 10 on my right - for some reason I had the number "17" in my head as a perfect target so I'm very happy with that! My uterine lining was also 10mm and looking healthy! So far I have felt fine on the stims, except for yesterday when I felt quite ill, but I think I ate the wrong thing. Next ultrasound in thursday!

I'm thinking of booking in for a reiki treatment later this week as I can feel myself starting to get a bit tense.

First babe due Summer 2010! IVF babe after 3.5 years TTC
#364 of 436 Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 AM

Mind if I join?

I'm moving to IVF in January...maybe. I'm finding myself kind of stuck at a crossroads I was hoping not to face, looking at a decision I've already made and now thinking that maybe I should quit TTC, or at least take a bit of a break. I'm not sure yet.

I really thought I was good to go for IVF, so this comes as a bit of a shock. Then again, I just had a 21 day cycle with a ten day lp on Gonal-F and HCG + IUI, and I wasn't expecting to start bleeding 'til at least Monday, so I wasn't at all prepared and I'm facing this next cycle sooner than anticipated. I'm sure it will all look much clearer in the morning.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#365 of 436 Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Hi FtMpapa and welcome

Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. How long have you been TTC for? Do you feel like your body needs a bit of a break from all the simulated hormones? Have you looked into natural therapies or nutrition to build yourself up before trying IVF? Sorry if I'm heading down the wrong track but I haven't been following your journey so am not sure of your specifics. Feel free to talk it out here though!

It's day 10 of stims for me and I will be doing the trigger shot tonight! I got very very nervous when I heard the news - I think I've been repressing my emotions somewhat for the last week. So egg retrieval will be sunday and transfer either wed or fri. I have at least 10 follies measuring mature, plus some not too far behind. The only problem is this is 2 days ahead of schedule so DH and I DTD this morning, so he will only have abstained for 2 and a bit days, not the usual 3-5. But he has never had any sperm issues so I'm praying this will be OK. (Reassurance please!!!)

How is everyone else going? Heatstone, I've been thinking of you this week. Hope all is going well.

#366 of 436 Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Hello everyone! Joyful, I'm sure you're getting super excited! My husband had sperm issures and our RE just told us 3 days so I'm sure with your DH being healthy in that department that would be okay. Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed!

AFM: I am 3dp3dt and we put 2 8-cell grade 1 embies in!! I'm soooo excited am just praying for the best! It's all in God's hands now! My transfer was Dec. 1st and I've just been laying low ever since. I go back to work tomorrow! I'm actually ready to go back just to get my mind a little more occupied with other stuff! haha! I will get my beta on Dec. 16th which seems little forever from now!! to everyone!
#367 of 436 Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
BTW, I think my transfer will be around Dec 12 or 13...just a few days after yours. My ED's ER is scheduled for Dec 7 or 8, so I'll go 3-5 days later. I'll be out in California from Dec 8 - 15, so I have a wide window for the transfer in the event the schedule needs to be adjusted.
msgoodbuns I hope the sun shines upon you and your *successful* tranfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I'm sure it will all look much clearer in the morning.
Hey FtMPapa. I hope you do get some clarity, I know your journey has been a struggle (with no help from certain health professionals). Good luck to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulLioness View Post
The only problem is this is 2 days ahead of schedule so DH and I DTD this morning, so he will only have abstained for 2 and a bit days, not the usual 3-5. But he has never had any sperm issues so I'm praying this will be OK. (Reassurance please!!!)
Good luck with your trigger and ER. Focus on taking good care of yourself and keeping your stress levels down. And I think you should be fine with your DH, tell him to eat lots of protein, NO warm or hot baths and go commando (no underwear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatstone13 View Post
AFM: I am 3dp3dt and we put 2 8-cell grade 1 embies in!! I'm soooo excited am just praying for the best! It's all in God's hands now! My transfer was Dec. 1st and I've just been laying low ever since. I go back to work tomorrow! I'm actually ready to go back just to get my mind a little more occupied with other stuff! haha! I will get my beta on Dec. 16th which seems little forever from now!! to everyone!
Ah yes, the dreaded 2ww, it does take forever, doesn't it. Good idea to distract yourself with happy, non-stressful things (which my job is NOT, hope your is). Take good care.

Hope y'all don't miind me popping in once in a while still. I was on this board almost daily for literally years, I feel weird not posting. And every once in a while there's a question or concern that I so relate to that I just can't keep my mouth shut. Take care everyone!!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#368 of 436 Old 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulLioness View Post
Hi FtMpapa and welcome

Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. How long have you been TTC for? Do you feel like your body needs a bit of a break from all the simulated hormones? Have you looked into natural therapies or nutrition to build yourself up before trying IVF? Sorry if I'm heading down the wrong track but I haven't been following your journey so am not sure of your specifics. Feel free to talk it out here though!
Thanks.

I started TTC about three years ago, but I took about a year off near the beginning. It's been 1.5 years of active trying this time around, though I took two cycles off this past summer.

I think I either need a break, as in, several months, or to get going right away, but I'm not doing either. I am taking a break on BCP for the next three weeks, though I could have started stims right away - I just didn't want to try to have the ER and ET over the holidays, and I am off work/school for most of January, so it means that my schedule is very, very, flexible, so that's what I'm doing.

I think.

Some days, I just want to quit and walk away, but not every day, not yet.

Joyfullioness: It sounds totally fine to me! Don't forget that you don't even need a lot of sperm for IVF, and also that most guys are fine and good to go 24 hours later, so you don't have anything to worry about.

CrazyRunningMama: Thanks for the support. It has been an adventure. One day at a time.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#369 of 436 Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Hi Ladies,
I've been reading the thread for a while and finally feel I can join.
We've made the decision to do ivf after ttc for 3 years and 2 failed iui's.
This is the very first community I've ever joined. I don't know all the acronyms yet, but I hope I pick them up soon.

I'm totally nervous about it. I'll start stims on January 1st. This is it for us.
I hope it works.

I wish all of you good luck and a baby very soon
#370 of 436 Old 12-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Welcome, Wahine5. Good luck to you in your January IVF cycle. The cycle time goes by really fast (until the 2ww).

FitMpapa, I, too, went through months of ambivalence, questioning my sanity, finances, lifestyle with child, etc. It's normal. TTC is difficult on us all, as we are so hopeful and month after month we experience disappointment when AF shows. I hope you find your clarity soon.

Heatstone, it sounds like you've got 2 great embies in you. I hope they stick and that you have a perfect pregnancy. Your blood test is right around the time that I return from CA, so I'll be watching for your result.

Joyful, I'm sort of hoping that I go early for my transfer, b/c if I don't keep busy, the waiting will drive me bonkers! Good luck Sunday and Weds/Friday. Here's wishing you may perfect embryos.

Crazyrunningmama - always glad to have your input. I'm keeping my eye on all pregnant mama's journeys, as I hope to be just a few months behind you soon.

Gemasita and Julia's Mom and anyone else I missed....hope you are all well!

AFM...my ED's retrieval is scheduled for either Mon or Tuesday, so my transfer should be Fri, Sat or Sun (just a week from now). We both seem to be progressing appropriately with our protocols. I have another U/S and estradiol test Monday, so that should provide more information about my readiness.

Bad news....my company is doing another round of layoffs (between last Thursday and this Tuesday, I believe). Well, I got my pink slip on Thursday, and was escourted out about 15 mins after receiving the news, with no opportunity to say goodbye to anyone. I'm not allowed to tell people until all the layoff activity is done on Tuesday, and since I'm flying to California for my IVF that day, I guess I'll have to wait until I'm back to touch base with everyone to see where the chips fell for my colleagues. Hopefully I'll figure something out financially. I'm trying to look at the upside: more time to care for my (hopefully) pregnant self; more time to socialize and try to find Mr. Right; more time to work on other projects while I look for a "real" job. I am going to miss the social aspect of work, so I definitely will need to attend networking events and social events (no wine drinking, tho!) to stay connected to the outside world.

Ah, never a dull day!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#371 of 436 Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Msgoodbuns, that's terrible news about your job - I'm so sorry. Hope you can try and keep your stress levels down until your transfer.

Well, I had my egg retrieval on Sunday. They got 13 eggs but only 6 were mature. But the good news is all 6 have fertilized! So I will have my transfer on friday. I feel pretty terrible after the retrieval - like I've been punched in the stomach a 100 times and am all bruised. Also just feel pretty yuck in general. This is the worst I've felt through the whole process so far.

The PIO injections are hurting like hell and I have a big bruise on my bum! One question about the progesterone - what's with all the warnings about birth defects? I did a quick google search and found that they have to put this warning into all progesterone products but that only the progestins case problems, not the natural form of progesterone. Does this sound right?

Also, can anyone tell me why some eggs are immature and some mature? Is this something you can control through nutrition or supplements or some other way?

Hope everyone else is doing well and welcome wahine5!

#372 of 436 Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 PM

Joyful - yay for your 6 embies!!!!

Don't know about the progesterone warning.

Maturity - it would be impossible to get all the eggs to mature at exactly the same rate. You could find out if the other ones were post-mature or not mature enough or a mix. It's hard to time the trigger just right to get the maximum number of mature eggs but if most were post- or pre-mature, they might have triggered you a day early or a day late. It's a tough call for our RE's so I wouldn't blame them unless a REALLY big number were either post- or pre-mature. If it's a mix, I can't see how they could have done anything different. It's frustrating to end up with a low number that are mature. My first cycle, we retrieved 12 and 10 were mature. Second cycle, we retrieved 9 and only 5 were mature. Mine were mostly post-mature so maybe we could have triggered a day earlier but who knows. I was so disappointed though. Third cycle, retrieved 11 and 7 were mature, I think (or maybe 9 and then 7 fertilized).

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#373 of 436 Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 PM

Thanks Gemasita. It actually makes me feel better that it was nothing I did "wrong" as I feel like I prepared for IVF nutritionally as much as I possibly could!

#374 of 436 Old 12-09-2009, 01:59 AM

msgoodbuns: Sorry about your job. That's a bummer. I wish you safe travels to California and an excellent IVF.

Joyful: How exciting about the 6 embryos. The retrieval sounds harsh !! I hope you're feeling much better soon.

How long to you have to stay home after retrieval? How about the transfer?

Is it too late for me to change up my diet now? I start lupron on 1/1. I've been taking royal jelly and bee propolis for a few weeks. Haven't been to the gym in months. Somehow I always want to to what's good for me when it's too late...
#375 of 436 Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 AM

Joyful, congrats on the 6 fertilized embies. How many are you going to transfer in? You're one day before me. My transfer is scheduled for Saturday, with 5 day embies. I think I'm going transfer 2, although it will depend on the quality and my conversation with the RE later this week.

I'm waiting for my EMLA cream to work its wonders. Yes, the PIO shots hurt like hell. My butt is sore from last night's shot, so I can only imagine what a month of these shots will do to my backside.

Wahine, I think what's important now is simply following the RE's protocol. They'll watch your lining and egg development and will adjust the protocol if necessary. Ask questions to find out how you're doing along the way. How exciting to be almost ready to start!

Well, I'm off to do my injection then hit the sack. Well wishes to you all.

#376 of 436 Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM

msgoodbuns! It sounds good for you! Bummer on the job front, but I think it's great to look at it as an opportunity to look after yourself and your baby...with a little luck.

I have a question for y'all...what would you do?

I'm facing either paying about $2500 out of pocket for my meds for my IVF, and then going through my entire pregnancy with no pharmacy coverage.

To put it in perspective, $2500 is about 10% of my annual take-home salary, so it's not a insignificant amount of money. It's more than any other single purchase I've made, except my car, which cost just slightly more than that.

I've got some options - delay the IVF while I fight with the insurance. Which is tricky, because I'm off in January, so it's a good time to do IVF, and the clinic is two hours away, so it would be nice to do it when I'm freed from work and school obligations.

Right now, I seem to be fighting with the insurance with the plan to just suck it up and if I run out of time, charge it if I need to, or beg/grovel for donated meds from friends.

The last option is to stop fighting, just suck it up, take every penny of insurance coverage, and pay for / get donated the rest.

How nervous would you feel going into pregnancy with no medication coverage? My policy year reboots in August, so I would be pretty much ready to give birth before I got some coverage again.

I know I've asked this before...but has anyone had any luck getting IVF meds covered as something other than through the pharmacy plan?

My problem is the pharmacy plan caps out at $5K, which is less than the cost of the meds for one IVF cycle, but the medical plan covers infertility-everything, with no limits or special qualifications or anything. There's a limit of $250,000 of coverage for any single medical condition, which includes infertility, but that's kind of theoretical. I don't think I could actually use $250,000 worth of infertility coverage in a year. So, my tactic with the insurance company is to argue that the meds are part and parcel of the IVF cycle, and so they should be covered under the medical plan, since without the medication, there is no IVF.

Does anyone have another strategy or another idea I could try at the same time?

Also, how serious do you guys take the expiry date on Gonal-F pens? I have a lead on a couple that are opened with one or two doses taken out, but are technically past the 28 days, maybe about 90 days by the time I would use them. They've been well stored, is it just a question of potency? Should I try taking more? I've been prescribed 200, so I'm thinking if I start at 225, and see waht the ultrasound says, it might be Ok. Any thoughts on that? A link?

Thanks!

#377 of 436 Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 PM

FtMPapa, I would just go for the pregnancy now. Why waste another year? $2500 is a lot of money, but not that much in the scheme of IVF. You can try to purchase meds online from gals who've finished their cycles. I know there is a site where people sell their meds, usually at what it cost them to buy them (co-pay rate). You might try googling it. If I get another email from them, I'll try to make note of the site link.

I wouldn't mess with the prescribed dosage. That sounds dangerous. Ask your clinic whether they think the expired meds would be ok to use. In the end, it's how your body is responding that matters. Maybe it's no big deal.

Let us know what you decide.

#378 of 436 Old 12-10-2009, 11:36 AM

Ftmpapa, I would use expired meds (within a few months) ONLY if they were unopened. I'm really sorry. However, since MA has such great ivf coverage, there is more likelihood that your clinic may have donated extra meds on hand from couples that were successful. I would ask that question. I'm sorry you are at a crossroads with all this right now. The angle with yr insurance is worthwhile for sure. Timing an ivf around a time when you don't have to take additional time off (at a cost) to do the procedure is one way of saving $ as well. All the best to you~

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#379 of 436 Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 PM

Hi! I'm new to the IF side of this site, I was hanging out in the TTC forums but after a appointment with a fertility doctor 2 weeks ago, this is going to be my new home.

We found out that DH has 100% antibodies on his sperm so we will be doing IVF with ICSI. I just had a HSG (ouch) and pelvic ultrasound yesterday. My HSG showed a very nice uterus and one of my tubes took longer to fill up and the dye did not swosh around like most peoples does. Not sure what all that means but I will find out on my follow up appointment. The ultrasound showed 13 follies on the right and 16 on the left and I'm on CD8or9. I also have a cyst on my left ovary that they are going to watch.

We will probably be doing IVF in the late winter of early spring, as the waiting list is 3-6 months and we aren't even on the list yet as this all came as a big shock to us and just have been trying to deal with the fact that we will never have a natural baby. I have a lot of research to do as just reading this thread makes my head spin!
#380 of 436 Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Hi Lalalalola! Welcome!

Which province are you in?

I'm a Canuck, living in the US, and I just wanna go home after dealing with all this insurance BS.

I'm working on things, I've got some time, since I've got nearly three weeks of birth control to go, and I already have about 4 days of shots left from last cycle, I can wait for the insurance to get its act together until the last second, I think.

#381 of 436 Old 12-11-2009, 01:17 PM

Thinking of you, Joyful. I hope that you have a very successful transfer today!

Welcome Lalalola. I wish you much luck on your journey.

#382 of 436 Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 PM

FitMpapa and everyone,

Here is the link to the meds I referenced a few days ago: http://www.topix.com/forum/health/in...DTHIIC1ST2URND

Be selective with whom you work.

#383 of 436 Old 12-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Hello everyone!! Welcome Fitmpapa and lalalola!! Wish you both the best!

Well, it's 12dp3dt and I awoke to my husband waving a pregnancy test in my face hoping I'd POAS this morning! haha! He's actually more impatient than I am! I was sooooo nervous but did it and almost immediately saw a BFP!!!! It's crazy and wonderful all at the same time!! Now I just have to get through the betas safely and than it will really hit me! I'll POAS up until Wednesday just to make sure every morning! I'm neurotic!

Good luck to the rest of you girls and praying for you all to have BFP's!!
#384 of 436 Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Heatstone!

THAT'S just what we like to hear around these parts!

GL with your beta! Wishing you the best for a healthy happy pregnancy!

Enjoy the miracle. I can assure you, by this stage, it just does not fade at all!

Much Love and Kindness to everyone else here

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#385 of 436 Old 12-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola View Post
Hi! I'm new to the IF side of this site, I was hanging out in the TTC forums but after a appointment with a fertility doctor 2 weeks ago, this is going to be my new home.

We found out that DH has 100% antibodies on his sperm so we will be doing IVF with ICSI. I just had a HSG (ouch) and pelvic ultrasound yesterday. My HSG showed a very nice uterus and one of my tubes took longer to fill up and the dye did not swosh around like most peoples does. Not sure what all that means but I will find out on my follow up appointment. The ultrasound showed 13 follies on the right and 16 on the left and I'm on CD8or9. I also have a cyst on my left ovary that they are going to watch.

We will probably be doing IVF in the late winter of early spring, as the waiting list is 3-6 months and we aren't even on the list yet as this all came as a big shock to us and just have been trying to deal with the fact that we will never have a natural baby. I have a lot of research to do as just reading this thread makes my head spin!
lalalola - I just wanted to say that I understand your shock at going straight to IVF. We didn't even suspect that we had fertility issues (had tried for 8 months but knew that it sometimes takes that long) and then all of a sudden, I learned that I had an ovarian infection and when they went in to deal with that, they found that my tubes were ruined from a burst appendix years ago. And I lost the ovary too. Talk about your life changing overnight. It's sometimes hard for our emotions to catch up, especially when we are trying to learn all about IVF really quickly!

4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#386 of 436 Old 12-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Congrats, Heatstone! That's awesome news!
Gemasita, I didn't know your story before now. I'm so sorry. What are you doing to achieve pregnancy now?

Anyone hear from JoyfulLioness?

#387 of 436 Old 12-14-2009, 01:04 AM

Excellent news Heatstone !!
That's fantastic.

Welcome Lalalola..

Has anyone been placed on estrace before the ivf? My ER wants to put me on it before ivf to put me on a holding pattern until 1/1.
#388 of 436 Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Well I had my transfer on friday (2 lovely embies). It was probably the most stressful part of the whole affair for me. My bladder wasn't full enough so they had to use a catheter and fill me up - ouch!

Was feeling very positive until yesterday when I started having lots of cramping just like my period was coming (and as I usually have a 9 day luteal phase my period would be coming up soon). Was quite depressed yesterday but the cramping is much less today, but I it seems to have been replaced by a nervous, anxious stomach. I couldn't sleep last night and felt like I had electricity running through me - was a very strange feeling.

Anyway, I will try to get through this week without going insane!

And congratulations Heatstone! Try to feel confident and ease into your pregnancy - don't even think about the beta (easier said than done, right!)

#389 of 436 Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 PM

msgoodbuns - we are going for a 4th fresh IVF cycle in April/May. I guess at some point, we would have to stop the IVFs and we would pursue adoption at that point. It's hard to know when to give up on the IVF though. We always have great cycles but nothing ever sticks. I don't know why.

Joyful - I'm hoping that the cramps and electricity feeling are pg symptoms. No way to know until the beta - it's so nervewracking. I just always keep telling myself that there's nothing to "do" at this stage. It's just time to do nothing, be, wait. That's a hard thing.

wahine - that must be an estrogen-priming protocol? I've heard of that but I think it's on the newer side, as far as protocols go. Seems to be sucessful for many people though.

#390 of 436 Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Gemasita, April/May will be here before you know it. I hope it's your lucky IVF cycle.

Joyful, please post here often (or PM me). I want to track how you're feeling vs. how I'm feeling, to see if we're both experiencing the same things. Your cramping and electricity sounds perfect! I'm hoping those are pg signs.

Since I'm one day behind you, it wasn't until Monday, on d3p5dt (I think that's how I'm supposed to write it!), my 3rd day on bedrest, that I noticed anything different. I, too, experienced cramps, but no spotting (or electricity). It was a nice day in San Diego (when I say nice, I mean that the sun was shining, altho it was still only a high of 60), and I wanted to take a walk to the beach and film the surfers and waves, but b/c of the cramps, I decided to lay low and hopefully implant those beautiful little embryos. I may have had some mild cramping yesterday while I flew home, but not as noticeable as the day prior.

Woke early this a.m. b/c I have to get bloodwork and run too many errands now that I'm home. Was pouring coffee (decaf) and getting some food / vitamins ready, and felt a bit nauseous and weak, so I went and sat at the p.c. (and here I am now!). In the past 15 or 20 minutes, I've actually started feeling worse. Shaky and nauseous. Not used to feeling like this, but perhaps it's the time zone change and 6 hours sleep and not....you know. Or God forbid I caught the flu from someone on the plane (tho everyone seemed healthy). I don't want to read too much into anything. You know how we all get caught up in the "symptoms". But I also want to document how I feel, just in case. If this continues, I'll feel more hopeful each time. In all honesty, I am optimistic, but it's way too early to count my chickens before they hatch.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page