~ Fall IVF Cyclers ~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling a little more energentic today. DH and I have gotten a ton of stuff done around the house.

DaisyMae - wow, that is a great fert report! I wish I had two ovaries! But it's good you are keeping an eye on the OHSS...I know that can be terrible.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#62 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
Oh 5terre, I hope things start progressing more quickly for you. I know how much anxiety can go along with this whole process, especially when things aren't starting out as you hoped.

As for me, they collected 27 eggs yesterday and just called with the fertilization report. 17 of those fertilized. Our ET is scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully we'll have two good ones to transfer and some that we can freeze as well.

They're still worried about OHSS with me, so I'm tyring to monitor everything very carefully. My abdominal pain is getting worse, but there isn't a whole lot of bloating to speak of, so I guess that's good.

DaisyMae ~ I hope your feeling better Are you resting or can you go and visit the barn? I love to ride horses but I do not get to often. Do you live on a farm?

That is a lot of eggs and great fertilization! Take care of yourself and grow and divide little embies
#63 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 06:22 PM

Hi Seedlings, I don't live on a farm but keep my horse at a farm about 25 minutes from my house. I went out this morning and picked my mare's feet and groomed her. Just spent some quality time. I'm still not allowed to ride or exercise. Anything jouncy/bouncy is out for me right now. Luckily there's a nice woman at the barn (decent rider) who is going to keep my girl in shape for me while I'm out of commission. Last thing we need is for both of us to be slugs for the next couple of weeks!

Fingers crossed for quality embies on Tuesday!!
#64 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

5terre ~ how much gonalf are your taking? I think they err on the side of caution so as not to over stimulate in the begining. Kinda like "slow and steady to win the race"!

gemasita ~ Glad to hear your and dh are getting a lot done! That will keep ya sane in the tww.
#65 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Daisy Holy cow, that is definitely a good position to be in! Hoping all goes well and that there are plenty of strong and healthy ones on Tuesday. Sorry your pain is worse, keep up the resting!!

Gemasita Glad you're feeling better today. And feeling accomplished certainly helps with that! Has the one ovary affected your number of eggs in a major way?

Seedlings I'm taking 225U of Gonal-F, and tonight I also started 1 vial of Repronex. I go on Wednesday for bw/us. I'm worried about not having enough eggs, since I need a lot because 2/3 of our embies will automatically be chromosomally challenged and incompatible with life. When I see the icon I always think that it's puking. May we all be puking by the end of 2009.

My belly feels fatter by the day. Maybe it's because it's my site of choice and I'm always looking at it!
#66 of 436 Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 PM

5terre - well, I guess I get about half of what someone with two ovaries gets. But my one ovary does pretty well. We got 12 eggs the first time (10 were mature) and 9 the second time (5 were mature but I think they triggered me a day too late). The person beside me last time had 18 when she came out of her ER right after me.

4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#67 of 436 Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post

Had bloodwork today and my estradiol was low at 55 (after 3 nights of Gonal-F). I add in Repronex tonight, and I may need an extra day of stims because of the low estradiol. I hope I don't end up not responding well.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
In some ways, slower is good, if your levels go through the roof, that causes lots of problems. At only 3 days in, they have plenty of time to adjust your dose.

And ladies, let's assume you are all going to get BFP's, which will give you another really good reason to stay on top of the constipation issue!! (since pregnancy often causes constipation) I feel like I've been having problems with this for a year straight!!!! (IVF, FET, FET, FET, IVF, BFP - all constipating!!!). Eat your veggies!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#68 of 436 Old 09-21-2009, 12:51 PM

ET is tomorrow and unfortunately I have become a victim of constipation. You ladies have warned me, and somehow it still happened. I eat tons of veggies (I mostly eat vegetarian) and yet here I sit. Constipated. And with terrible heartburn and nausea and abdominal pain from OHSS. Ugh!
#69 of 436 Old 09-21-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
ET is tomorrow and unfortunately I have become a victim of constipation. You ladies have warned me, and somehow it still happened. I eat tons of veggies (I mostly eat vegetarian) and yet here I sit. Constipated. And with terrible heartburn and nausea and abdominal pain from OHSS. Ugh!
Oh, that sounds awful! I got some new ideas re: constipation (on top of lots of fruit, steamed veggies and water, of course). Maybe try: flax, probiotics, and someone swore by warm baths with epsom salts, but you can only do that BEFORE ET. Take good care.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#70 of 436 Old 09-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Gemasita Sounds like the one ovary does quite well on its own. Do you have to take the same amount of meds as if you had both?

Daisy Oh no!! Having to cut back your activity probably has made it worse. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
#71 of 436 Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 PM

5terre - it sounds to me like I have taken the same med dosages as other people.

daisy - gl with et!!!! Hope the constipation gets better!

#72 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Daisy Good Luck Today !!!!!
#73 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM

Good luck, Daisy!

Oh, I forgot about the heartburn. Make sure you have some tums on hand after ER and ET. The extra progesterone in your system slows everything down.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#74 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies! The transfer went well. I was able to do pre and post transfer acupuncture, which was nice for me as well. Embryo quality was excellent. We transferred two and had eight that made it to freeze! So all in all it feels like a pretty successful second go at IVF. My test is on October 3rd, so now I just have to survive until then.
#75 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM

Daisy - wow, what great results from just one cycle! Having several to freeze is such a bonus! Now it's time for rest and relaxation!

#76 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Daisy, GROW EMBIES GROW!

What a great result from your cycle. Have a restorative 2ww after everything you've been through!

for everyone else. Thinking of you all...

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#77 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Daisy That is fantastic!! Major sticky vibes your way!!!

I found myself in a very negative place this morning and decided to buy the Anji meditations. I like it, but it made me cry when she started talking about medications, eggs, protocols, etc. I am still grieving the loss of natural conception, I think it will always be a wound for me that will never fully heal, even if I am lucky enough to be an IVF 'success'. Anyone else feel this way?
#78 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Hi folks,
My wife, Megin, posted earlier in this thread, but now that things are closer, I feel like I have to jump in and ask some questions of those of you who seem to have done this before.
1. My target ER date is October 10th. How likely is it to stay at that date?
2. How intense is the ER process? I know I'm not supposed to drive myself home. Our family is supposed to be at a wedding on the 10th, so if that does end up being my ER date, I won't have DW with me. If I get a friend to drive me home, will I be ok recovering on my own?
3. I know I'll be fine, but I'm starting to get nervous about the injections. I'm going for a training session with a nurse tomorrow, so hopefully that will calm me a bit. After all of this waiting (there has been a lot of waiting to get this process started) I can't believe I'm this close to ER.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#79 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 PM

5terre, I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it. I still mourn the loss of "natural conception" at times. I usually start to struggle when I see friends getting pregnant so easily, knowing that it will just never happen for me that way. But all that really matters is the end result, right? That's what I have to keep telling myself. One way or another, we will be mothers.

And ktcl, you will be find recovering on your own. I just spend the rest of the day on the couch watching movies and eating whatever I want. Don't really need company for that! And as far as ER date goes, I wouldn't get too attached to the 10th. Things can easily shift a day or two in either direction. You may end up being able to have your partner with you after all.
#80 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 PM

ktcl - I think you will be fine too. You have had some anesthesia in your system so they might want someone to stay with you but you will probably feel completely fine by the time you get home since you are "under" so briefly.

5terre - YES! I do feel that way. I mourn all of it. Especially since I work with pregnant women all the time. But actually, I think the experiences of friends and family impact me more. I still think back to when I thought I would take a HPT and be so surprised and we'd be so excited to tell everyone (no one would know we were trying). I went to therapy today and that's one thing I talked to her about - how angry I get when I am in a cycle because then I have a DAILY reminder of all I have to go through to have a baby when other people are just conceiving joyfully and simply...oh, and privately in their own bedroom. It's all so unfair and I think we all have to just come to terms with, ok, here we are and we have to make the best of it. There can still be joys but things are going to look differently than we had imagined. Believe me, I still struggle with all of these things on a daily basis. I am...immensely sad....I don't know how else to say it.

#81 of 436 Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 PM

5Terre, First,
I agree that it is always a wound. Even being elated to have had this early success, I was subject to a long diatribe of insensitive pregnancy/ivf talk this weekend and I was surprised to feel how much this experience has shaped me and how that is firmly planted. I will never forget what I call 'the dark side of the moon'. I will say that I always felt so 'fertile' in spirit, in nature, in outlook on life and I took my lack of fertility extremely personally during the past three years. I realize now there was a glitch in the system that had nothing to do with me and I was always the woman I thought I was. Maybe I would not have come to that had I not had success but I hope I would have. The feeling is not contingent on getting pregnant. Lastly, even though this whole process is not at all what was expected or wanted, at times I couldn't help feeling on some level a rare appreciation for my body even attempting to produce a litter of eggs at once. Even when we were not successful, I felt compassionate toward my reproductive system for trying something so beyond normal capacity. I don't know if any of that will help. It's such a rough road with aspects you never imagined. More

Ktcl, Your projected ER will likely be a bit different so hopefully Megin can be there too. Personally, it was important for my partner to be in the room with me at ER. It is a really vulnerable intimate time and that support was so important to me. If you are alone the afternoon after the ER, just set up an area for yourself ahead of time with everything you need, so you can just sink in when you go home. GL with the shots. You can do it. Playing loud music while I did it kind of helped me, divided my sensory focus on something else, otherwise I felt all my perceptive energy was zooming in on the shots.

all around~

#82 of 436 Old 09-23-2009, 08:58 AM

Quick question: I just had my U/S after 6 nights of stims. The sonographer has me write numbers down on the clipboard, but doesn't tell me much. I wrote down 13 and 13.5 on the line for right/left follicles (it is size, not number, I asked). Does that mean I only have 2???? Also there were 3 <10mm. I'm freaking out that there are only two... please tell me that is the average size of them... Must do the Anji meditation asap...
#83 of 436 Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 AM

5terre - sounds like you had at least 5. 2 that were 13 and 13.5 mm in size and 3 that were less than 10 mm in size. PLUS...I think they don't write down the smaller ones so you could have several more but they are not writing down the sizes of those yet.

AFM - my shot HURT this morning. I don't know what was up with that. It pricked like the dickens. And no AF yet.

poetgirl - what a great post. I feel the same way - fertile in a lot of ways and very "proud" of my ovary for doing so well and proud of my body for doing this, which is asking a lot of it. I know some other women who are moms now but say they still relate more to people going through fertility treatments because it was such a big part of their lives. I can totally see myself being the same way.

#84 of 436 Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Ktcl, Your projected ER will likely be a bit different so hopefully Megin can be there too. Personally, it was important for my partner to be in the room with me at ER. It is a really vulnerable intimate time and that support was so important to me. If you are alone the afternoon after the ER, just set up an area for yourself ahead of time with everything you need, so you can just sink in when you go home.
I agree that you need to be completely trusting of whomever is your support person for ER. They will see you in the drugged-out groggy state and hold you hand (potentially thru puking). Personally, I needed a support person at home for at least a few hours. I was still quite out of it and wasn't able to do much except use the bathroom. If your partner won't be there, definately get food, drinks and meds (extra strength tylenol) set-up before you go to ER. That way when you get home, you don't need to move anywhere other than your station. Good luck!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#85 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Daisy Yes, joyfully, simply, and in the privacy of your own bedroom this is certainly NOT.

Poet That is a good thought, to feel appreciation toward your body for trying so hard to do work beyond what is expected of it.

Gema Sorry the shot is painful.

Well it's not over yet, but it looks like I am a poor responder and I am expecting this cycle to get canceled after my bw/us on Friday morning. E2 was only 94 yesterday. They tripled my Repronex dose last night, who knows maybe that will help. I'm 32 and FSH was fine so we weren't expecting this. I was prepared for the possibility of not having anything normal/healthy to transfer, but I was not prepared to possibly not have enough eggs to even proceed with the ER. I am feeling very low and have had a lot of tears.
#86 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM

5terre - oh gosh. That is certainly unexpected. Of course, I would rather be cancelled (since it's so expensive!) and try again with a different protocol then them go ahead with it and not have a good cycle. My last cycle probably should have been cancelled and while I would have been disappointed, I kind of hate to hear that they went forward with it when they probably shouldn't have. Well, this is what they mean by "taking one day at a time." It's hard to watch and wait every day and feel so out of control but that's all we can do. I know this must be just really disappointing for you. Keep us updated though - things can change. This is all good information for them.

AAM - had a rough night. Went to an event where I thought I could get away from baby talk just enjoy myself and it didn't turn out that way. I felt a little bit like I was at a baby shower. LOTS of baby/pregnancy talk. I was thinking, "this isn't good! I shouldn't be here!" So I left early but the damage was already done. Plus, one of my friends told me she is pregnant. And of course, I am THRILLED for her but sad for me. Then started thinking that I would be sad if this cycle didn't work because then we would miss out on being pg at the same time, which would be neat since she is a good friend. I just can't handle thinking that far ahead so I tried to stop thinking about that. AND...this Lupron has already started making me crazy. I really don't think I am good on Lupron. It and my body do not agree at all! I'm REALLY trying to concentrate on listening to my relaxation CDs. And I was supposed to work Friday and have that be my last day but I might skip it, which would make yesterday my last day. It's hard to know how I'll feel tomorrow. I need the money!

#87 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM

5Terre, I am SO sorry hon. My heart just aches for you. You weren't expecting this and it's a huge disappointment. I was oversuppressed when I cycled with Lupron so we did this past cycle with no bcp, and used Ganirelex instead as the suppressor. I used half doses of that and did 450 of gonal for 11 days I think. When the follicles had reached 10 mm, we switched to the full dose of Ganirelex and added in the repronex. This was a plan that I came up with my RE after consulting with the SHER institute (they specialize in difficult cases and offer free consultation). If this cycle gets canceled, you may want to look them up just to get more info for next time. I also took 75 mg of DHEA from the failed IVF to the successful one (5 mths) right up til ER. There is increasing evidence it helps with response and egg quality.
Again, I'm so sorry.

Gemasita, Oh that sounds like the wrong place at the wrong time. You probably wanted to airlift yourself right out of there. I am so sorry. Wishing every good thing for you this cycle. Waiting for AF, right? I'm sorry the Lupron is making you nuts.

Seedlings, how are you?

Daisy, Are you keeping yourself chill? The few days after ET were hard for me after I had the estrogen over 6000. If you cramp and feel sick, don't worry. It's not going to impede implantation. Just keep your smartwater close by and get through it.

#88 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 01:28 PM

poetgirl - oh, yes, thanks for reminding me! AF came this a.m. so my Lupron Evaluation is scheduled for tomorrow a.m. If all is well, we will start stims. I'm a little nervous since Lupron is new for me.

#89 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
Well it's not over yet, but it looks like I am a poor responder and I am expecting this cycle to get canceled after my bw/us on Friday morning. E2 was only 94 yesterday. They tripled my Repronex dose last night, who knows maybe that will help. I'm 32 and FSH was fine so we weren't expecting this. I was prepared for the possibility of not having anything normal/healthy to transfer, but I was not prepared to possibly not have enough eggs to even proceed with the ER. I am feeling very low and have had a lot of tears.
Oh I am so sorry . Are you talking to the nurse or re about what is happening? If your not talking to the re can you put a call into him and find out his opinion? My last re was not around very much during the stims so I am not sure how much he was actually aware of my response. I would just want to make sure he knew asap. The more info you can get from him the better. But I am sorry to hear this and please be good to yourself. Your in a dark spot and I am sorry ((((hugs))))) feeling this sort of pain hurts one to the core. Let us know how your doing.
#90 of 436 Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemasita View Post
LOTS of baby/pregnancy talk. I was thinking, "this isn't good! I shouldn't be here!" So I left early but the damage was already done. Plus, one of my friends told me she is pregnant. And of course, I am THRILLED for her but sad for me. Then started thinking that I would be sad if this cycle didn't work because then we would miss out on being pg at the same time, which would be neat since she is a good friend. I just can't handle thinking that far ahead so I tried to stop thinking about that. AND...this Lupron has already started making me crazy. I really don't think I am good on Lupron. It and my body do not agree at all! I'm REALLY trying to concentrate on listening to my relaxation CDs. And I was supposed to work Friday and have that be my last day but I might skip it, which would make yesterday my last day. It's hard to know how I'll feel tomorrow. I need the money!
I hope the relaxation cd's are working for you. I need a referal for some really great ones. How are you feeling about work? Is it something that you want to take time off of or will you go back there? You must be stressed between the unforeseen baby/pg news and cycling. I am glad you left early when you feel the pain it is best to take care of yourself and be in a safe place.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page