~ Fall IVF Cyclers ~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 436 Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got our fert report: 9 of the 11 were mature and 7 fertilized. We'll get another update tomorrow.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#182 of 436 Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemasita View Post
Got our fert report: 9 of the 11 were mature and 7 fertilized. We'll get another update tomorrow.
Good news!! Hope you continue to get good news!

We had our first injection tonight. Wasn't too bad at all. I was actually excited to get it, as weird as that is. I guess now I feel like we're doing something that might actually result in pregnancy!
#183 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Gema That is fantastic! I would be thrilled if my TWO ovaries would do that! Hope there are plenty of healthy ones to transfer. Is transfer tomorrow?

Brandy Glad you are feeling positive!

ktcl I'm so thankful that you had one to implant! We are doing PGD also, and I think a big part of why I'm so negative lately is because I may not have enough eggs to even stand a chance. The minimum I think is 6, otherwise my clinic won't send it out for PGD. I only had 2 last time.

Got my timeline, if US goes well I will start stims again on Nov 9, three weeks from yesterday. I'm so nervous my antral follicle count is going to be super low again. What is the point of doing all this just to be canceled? I know, I should be positive but I'm having a really hard time thinking positive. I think I might try the Anji meditations now to talk myself into believing that the OCP is rounding up tiny follicles to all be in sync before the stims start...
#184 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM

I'm still lurking along and praying for you ladies.

Jamie - Yeah for 11 retrieved and 7 fertilized! That is awesome!!! Grow embies, grow :

Brandy - It is a relief to finally start. May the process go smoothly for you.

ktcl - Thinking of you. Now is the time to just hold on to you sanity with all your might. The wait is awful.

5terre - May your ovaries produces abundantly.

DaisyMae & Seedlings - I'm also thinking of you.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#185 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Congrats, that is great news
#186 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Julia'smom, it is great to hear from you. All your prayers, luck, support and everything is truly appreciated!

Hope everything is going wonderful and uneventful for you.

Hi, to everyone out there.
#187 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM

I'm still lurking, too. y'all.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#188 of 436 Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM

Totally rooting for everyone here!

Gema, I love your fert. report!!! I had 11 eggs with 7 fertilizing too, and that was with 2 ovaries, so to your super ovary! I am so hoping for you!

Ktcl, I know it feels strange to have it come down to one egg, but there's no questions that that one egg is really a good one. Best of luck!

5Terre, Hoping the new protocol is much better for you.

Seedlings, DaisyMae and Brandy~Wishing you all the best as you get started.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#189 of 436 Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM

Hi ladies! So I am TENTATIVELY scheduled for a day 3 transfer today at 4pm. All 7 embies were growing as of yesterday but a bit on the slow side - 2 cells each instead of 4. If they check them today and they are all 6-8 cells, they will push the transfer out to day 5 (Thursday). We'll know for sure late this morning.

4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#190 of 436 Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Ok, transfer will be today at 4. We have 3 embies that are grade 1 (the best). Two of those are 6-celled and one is 7-celled. Others are mostly 4-celled, if I remember correctly. They feel like they can easily choose the best 2 today so no need to wait until day 5. We won't find out until Monday how many of the remaining 5 they are able to freeze, if any.

#191 of 436 Old 10-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Jamie!!! Stay relaxed, and take good care of yourself I'll be thinking of you at 4pm Best best best of luck Some Chinese food later might not be a bad idea either.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#192 of 436 Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Ok, transfer will be today at 4. We have 3 embies that are grade 1 (the best). Two of those are 6-celled and one is 7-celled. Others are mostly 4-celled, if I remember correctly. They feel like they can easily choose the best 2 today so no need to wait until day 5. We won't find out until Monday how many of the remaining 5 they are able to freeze, if any.
This is a wonderful report! I am sending positive energy East from Michigan! Have a very chill post ET. Lots and lots of
I bet you will have something to freeze as well.
For now,

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#193 of 436 Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

gemasita ~ Good Luck!! Praying for your lil embies are growing and dividing. Take it easy and I second crm's advice and have some chinese food!
#194 of 436 Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Gema OOOHHH!!!! That's fabulous! Hope it went well and you are feeling well.
#195 of 436 Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM

That's great news Gemesita! How did it go?

I had my u/s and bloodwork yesterday and my lining is not quite what they want it to be to do the transfer, so they've upped my estrogen and I go back in on Friday for another u/s. Transfer will probably be next Monday. This whole thaw cycle thing feels so much more mellow than a fresh cycle.
#196 of 436 Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Wow, so much has happened in the few days I went without checking! Gemasita that sounds amazing in terms of your ET. This has to mean something good, right??!!

Daisy--I'm so curious about that process you're going through. Though I guess I don't have to think too much about it since none of mine are freezing.

I'm hanging in there, waiting for Saturday to arrive. I'm not feeling particularly pregnant, except for the symptoms that I know are related to the progesterone. Though am feeling occasional cramps. Not sure what to make of that. When I'm feeling positive, I decide they're related to implantation. When I'm negative, well... you all know where we go with that, right?!

5terre-- that's interesting/slightly annoying that they won't do PGD unless there are 6. I'll keep fingers crossed for you!

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#197 of 436 Old 10-22-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all

I can not believe how bad my hot flashes are! It is so awful. I'll be talking to someone and my back just starts sweating. The worst is at night. I do not remember but I pulled so hard on my pj's that a button popped off. I just do not remember it being so bad before. I feel like oh no....... menopause or perimenopause (blah). I go for my baseline tomorrow. So I am praying all goes well. This clinic is different in that I am almost always seeing my re and not a nurse at my appointments. I am glad I get to see an re tomorrow because I am having a lot of problems with the billing. I try not to camplain to much for fear I let loose the Lupron maniac somewhere inside me. Praying that I'll also be sane tomorrow

ktcl ~ So your beta is on Saturday? How is the 2ww treating you? I'll be praying for you too.

DaisyMae08 ~ This cycle is going so fast. How are you doing? Good luck at your u/s tomorrow.

5terre ~ Your right it is hard to be positive. If it helps my afc is always low. My last ivf I had a 6 cell and 4 cell for a 3 dt (nothing else). Nothing stellar but it only takes one. My ok one took but you know the story. I do like the idea of the anji mediations. I also think I'd like to learn how to knit or crochet. I am just not sure what the difference is between them. Anyone know? I just like the idea of putting my mind in a safe zone (where negative thoughts do not get in my head).

brandyshea ~ Are you doing stims? How have the shots been and how are you feeling? Do you an idea when your er will be?

Hi ~ Julia'smom, CRM and Poetgirl. Thanks for checking in on us it really helps to have your support.
#198 of 436 Old 10-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Today is day 5 of stims and I went in for bloodwork and ultrasound. Estradiol was 354, progesterone was .5 which they said is what they expect. I only had 3 follicles on the right and 4 on the left.

I'm supposed to start taking ganirelix tonight and start an antibiotic on Sunday. Tentative ER is next Wednesday, but I have another monitoring appointment on Monday so I guess that could change.

I'm feeling kind of pukey today. I don't know if it's from the stims or from upping the dose of metformin yesterday. I have no appetite which is not normal for me at all! Definitely starting to feel bloated. I think I'll have to wear a dress to work tomorrow instead of pants!
#199 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM

ktcl - : I'll be thinking of you Saturday. Don't put too much stock in symptoms as some pregnancies have them and some don't. Here's some sanity vibes. : :

Jamie - I hope the transfer went smoothly and you're now taking it easy and letting those little ones burrow right on in.

Daisy - Wow, you are moving fast! Good luck!

Seedlings - Sorry to hear about the difficulty with billing and those darn hot flashes. I concur that quality doesn't always matter. We transfered one high quality and one that wouldn't have even qualified for freezing. Both of them stuck. Knitting is with two needles and crochet is just one hook. I could never get the hang of knitting, but found crochet to be easier. However, I do think knitting uses less yarn and I'd love to learn, but need to find a teacher.

Brandy - The follicle counts vary so much, both by who does them and by how they are counted. I've always had more retrieved than showed up in the u/s counts. : It stinks you had to up your met dose at this time. I would definately blame that for both the nausea and lack of appetite. It always took me a couple of days to adjust. Yep, ivf always made me break out the fat pants and dresses.

HUGS to all of you strong ladies!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#200 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

I only have a sec. At my u/s this am there was fluid and a cyst I am waiting for a call to see what will happen. I have been delayed before because of this (just Wahhh).
#201 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM

Seedlings - well, I know how THAT feels and it is not fun! Boo! I hope yours resolves like mine did.

brandyshea - hope you are feeling better. Stims just *mess* with us.

Me - did my 24 hours of bedrest and then we even stayed one more night and drove back the next day which was yesterday. The doc for the ET was great and our two best embies had become 8 cells each by the time of the ET!

One thing, I have been C R A M P Y ever since I started the progesterone suppositories. I've always done PIO in the past and never had this problem so I'm assuming it's the suppositories since it started almost immediately. It hasn't been fun.

#202 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 PM

Oh Seedlings, I'm sorry. Getting delayed is so frustrating!!!

And Brandy, both times I had more eggs retrieved than showed up at the follicle count (4 more the first time, and 5 more the second time).

My u/s this morning went well. The lining is right where they want it, so I started progesterone suppositories this afternoon and go in for the transfer on Monday. Crazy how quickly this thaw cycle went!
#203 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Daisy - congrats! Very exciting!

#204 of 436 Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Hello everyone! I've been reading everyones comments and decided to jump in myself! I am 31 and my DH had MFI. I will be cycling through November and am on BCPs now. I have my MET on next Friday and will than start Lupron on the 6th of Nov. My RE is Shady Grove in Annapolis. So happy to find a place like this to learn and share!! This is going to be quite a journey!!
#205 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Welcome Heatstone! I was at Shady Grove too! I live in NC but traveled up there for the ER and ET. I went to the Woodbridge office and then Rockville, of course.

#206 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM

Heatstone--welcome! Good luck. I'm at the end of my first cycle (maybe only??!!) and was very anxious... ask away any questions!

Daisyrose-- so exciting it'll happen so soon!

gemasita-- sound really good, and now the wait... ugh.

Well, my wait will continue...
I did my beta test today, and it was 38.5. The nurse said they like to see it between 50-100 at this point. So I'm going back for the next test on Tuesday. I guess the part that's confusing is we obviuosly don't know when implantation happened. The ET was only 10 days ago. Couldn't it have taken a few days to implant, and only then does HCG start to be produced, right?

I"m working on positive thinking here. I welcome any other positive interpretations of the numbers.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#207 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM

ktcl - oo, that's hard to get an ambiguous result like that because it just means more waiting! Still, it's pretty close to the range they want so that's a good thing!

#208 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Gemasita-- Wow! I thought my 2 hour drive was horrendous! haha! I will be definitely worth the gas miles that's for sure!!

Well, thanks for welcoming me guys and I guess I'm just in that sit-and-wait mode. We are doing the Shared Risk Program which is a little relief financially and thankfully my insurance has decided to cover my meds except for a copay! Unreal! They denied me help with anything and now I guess they've decided to be nice! DH and I are also doing IVF w/ ICSI which I suppose will help them a little better since DH had only 2 healthy sperm at his last SA w/wash! They froze those little buggers and will hopefully use those along with any other they retrieve from the next wash.

Hope everyone's hanging in there and I'll definitely be praying for you all!!
#209 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post
Well, my wait will continue...
I did my beta test today, and it was 38.5. The nurse said they like to see it between 50-100 at this point. So I'm going back for the next test on Tuesday. I guess the part that's confusing is we obviuosly don't know when implantation happened. The ET was only 10 days ago. Couldn't it have taken a few days to implant, and only then does HCG start to be produced, right?

I"m working on positive thinking here. I welcome any other positive interpretations of the numbers.
Ktcl ~ I say Congrats !!!! I am praying your numbers keep doubling and all that and I am so excited for you!!!
#210 of 436 Old 10-24-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatstone13 View Post
Hello everyone! I've been reading everyones comments and decided to jump in myself! I am 31 and my DH had MFI. I will be cycling through November and am on BCPs now. I have my MET on next Friday and will than start Lupron on the 6th of Nov. My RE is Shady Grove in Annapolis. So happy to find a place like this to learn and share!! This is going to be quite a journey!!
while I am happy to have company I am sorry your here. I hope your stay is short and that we can give you lots of support, love and whatever ya need.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page