~ Fall IVF Cyclers ~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 436 Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YAY!!! Congrats ktcl, that is WONDERFUL news!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 436 Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM

THAT is exactly what I wanted to come on here and see, KTCL!

It really does take one. I hope this is the first of a wave of bfps in here!

Rooting for you ALL!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#243 of 436 Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

ktcl ~ That is great news !!!! Congrats on the bfp and praying for a wonderful boring and uneventful nine months!!!
#244 of 436 Old 10-31-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post
Hey everyone,

I have good news to share! I got results today, and they're up at 648 or something like that. The message from the clinic was basically, "looks great, you're all set, schedule a prenatal appointment." I started crying right away. I was so much more emotional than I expected myself to be. I had told myself I wouldn't be able to feel anything until I saw a heartbeat (because of the 4 losses), but today, I really feel so excited. And I really don't want to guard myself against it.
So, so happy for you!! Fab news!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#245 of 436 Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM

Thanks everyone! And here's to many more positives...

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#246 of 436 Old 11-01-2009, 10:34 AM

ktcl A formal congrats!!!

Brandy Sorry to hear about the low number. That happened to me, I didn't even make it to ER, I know how devastating that can feel. Here's to hoping that they are still growing and looking good by tomorrow, if so that's all you need!!

Sorry for my lack of participation lately, haven't had much time to read here lately. Will try to come back later.
#247 of 436 Old 11-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Seedlings Wow, that was a whopping dose of Follistim that you started on! I will be on 550 total (225 Gonal-F at night and 3 vials of Repronex in the morning), if that doesn't stimulate me then I don't think anything will. Glad that you have a good number of follicles. When is your projected ER?

Heatstone if you decide to get the flu shot, ask for one that does not contain thimerosol. I normally don't get the flu shot, but I did consider it this year in case of pg (but decided against it -the shot, not the pg!).

I missed the knitting discussion a while ago. I love it! I taught myself using the book Stitch 'n Bitch, I highly recommend it. After you learn, join ravelry.com, it's a great community for finding/sharing projects, love it.

I'm doing okay. Still haven't figured out how to get in a 'good' place for this cycle. Going through a sad time at home this week, one of our cats that we got when we first got married 8 years ago (our first 'babies') has kidney failure, and is not doing well. Totally unexpected as she is only 8 and was perfectly healthy, until we noticed last week she looked skinny and took her to the vet.
#248 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 09:17 AM

5terre-So sorry about your cat! I was just thinking last night that I would be devastated if something happened to our dog and cat.

Transfer is today for our single one that made it. I'm hoping it still looks as perfect as they said it was!
#249 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM

brandyshea - good luck at ET today!

5terre - so sorry about your cat. I have two so I know how it feels when your "babies" are sick.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#250 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Brandy I hope it went well today and that you are now relaxing.
#251 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 PM

I bought two HPTs from the Dollar Tree today. I was thinking I would take one Wed morning and then have a spare but now I'm tempted to take one tomorrow a.m. (Beta is Wed). I've never taken one in advance of the beta.

4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#252 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemasita View Post
I bought two HPTs from the Dollar Tree today. I was thinking I would take one Wed morning and then have a spare but now I'm tempted to take one tomorrow a.m. (Beta is Wed). I've never taken one in advance of the beta.
Jamie - you are so close. My 2 cents would be to wait for the beta. I did take one prior to my beta once. The hpt was stark white, not even a hint of a shadow. The beta ended up being really high, but oh the misery I went thru in the time between. It's a tough decision and I wish you the best either way.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#253 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM

Julia's mom - thanks for the input. I guess I should at least wait until the morning of. It's just hard to get that phonecall when I have *NO IDEA* which way it will go. I guess I feel like if I get a BFN, when I get the call, I won't completely fall apart. I have no symptoms. Never did with other cycles and they were BFNs so I guess that's why I'm not too hopeful. I can't imagine having NO symptoms and still being pregnant.

These last few days are really hard. I feel like a nervous wreck. It's hard to feel like I'm teetering on the edge of disaster.

#254 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 PM

Gemasita-- hang in there. I would recommend waiting for the beta phone call (though I'm not sure why... i just hate to see the BFNs, and then scrutinize them in every which light...).

Brandy-- hope you are feeling well and surviving the TWW.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#255 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 PM

I'm surprised I've gotten two votes to wait! I thought everyone would be telling me to test....and then I'd chicken out. I appreciate all the input. The call is always like a dagger in the heart to me because I don't have a clue what they are going to tell me and my heart is pounding on the phone. And then I fall apart and want to wait and call DH when I'm not bawling...but feel like he deserves to know as soon as I do so I end up calling him anyway and then he leaves work early because he's so worried about me.

I said this late time but...I guess a BFN sucks no matter HOW you get the news. I'm surprised I've waited THIS long...my beta is 15dp3dt.

#256 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM

Gemasita, 15 days seems late to me. Is that standard? My clinic does it 11 days post 3 day transfer. Maybe that's early. Regardless, in the past I have tested beforehand for the reason you mentioned. I'm not sure what I'll do this time. A friend gave me two tests over the weekend (leftovers that her friend didn't neeed) and I'm debating what to do myself. My beta is on Friday.
#257 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Brandyshea ~ Hope all went great today and that your enjoying chinese!

gema ~ Ok, I'd test. Yes I know it guarantees nothing. But I would poas and want to know. I don't know why but I want to know before the beta if I can. Positive beta, positive test do not necessarily mean a thing until you give birth to your beloved baby and all is well there. Maybe that is why I do not get worried about poas. I guess it gives me something to do and I have an idea what is going on before the beta. But I do wish you much peace in whatever you decide to do.
#258 of 436 Old 11-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Gema I think I would test. You should get a pretty accurate result since your beta is on the later side. I would be more emotionally prepared for a BFN if I saw one before the test, even if it was wrong and I was devastated for no reason for a few days. Most people really don't feel symptoms so early in pg. The hcg levels are still so low. Some people swear by it, but really, feeling no different than the other times means absolutely nothing about this time. Hang in there!
#259 of 436 Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 AM

5terre, sorry about your cat. I hope the vet can help.

brandyshea, good luck with your ET. It only takes one!

gemisita, I too am a no POAS'er. I always felt better waiting for the beta. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

I'm still here almost everyday, wishing you all well and cheering you on from the sidelines.

#260 of 436 Old 11-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Well, I took a test this morning. BFN. I know it's not official but I would think it would be + if I was pg since it's now 14dp3dt or 17dpo. I am very sad, of course, but kind of glad that I got to see the result on my terms, instead of being on the receiving end of a phonecall that will tell me my fate. I didn't tell DH since he voted that we shouldn't test in advance. I guess I am not surprised. I can't really picture any of this ever working. I feel like I'm just one of those people who isn't going to have any luck with IVF. At the same time, I feel like I could give it one more try but that would definitely be the last. DH was saying last night that he doesn't feel like he's going to be a good dad anyway so I think he's having a hard time picturing it ever working either.

#261 of 436 Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Well, I took a test this morning. BFN. I know it's not official but I would think it would be + if I was pg since it's now 14dp3dt or 17dpo. I am very sad, of course, but kind of glad that I got to see the result on my terms, instead of being on the receiving end of a phonecall that will tell me my fate. I didn't tell DH since he voted that we shouldn't test in advance. I guess I am not surprised. I can't really picture any of this ever working. I feel like I'm just one of those people who isn't going to have any luck with IVF. At the same time, I feel like I could give it one more try but that would definitely be the last. DH was saying last night that he doesn't feel like he's going to be a good dad anyway so I think he's having a hard time picturing it ever working either.
Remember, it ain't over until the beta comes back. Keep on the progesterone and all else until at least then. I'm praying the test was faulty.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#262 of 436 Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Jamie.

#263 of 436 Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

gemasita ~ I am so sorry about the neg poas. I do agree with waiting until the beta and keeping on the progesterone. This is really a hard journey and I am so sorry for your and your dh's pain and grief. Please be good to yourself and dh.
#264 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 AM

Gema I am so sorry. I can't even imagine your pain. It's not fair.
#265 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 AM

gema - I'm so sorry! I too am hoping that it was a false negative and that the blood test comes up positive!

I'm at 2dp5dt. Been feeling some twinges and pinches since last night. Not sure if it's too soon to feel anything or not. Could it be implantation? I'm just trying not to stress about it. Today is my last day off work so I'm relaxing and taking it easy at home.
#266 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Gema ~ Sending you love and hugs today.
#267 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Thanks everybody. It's official. Beta was neg. We took a test this morning and it was neg so I was sure. Still, it was like a knife in the heart. DH left work at lunch so he'd be here when we go the call. We cried.

#268 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks everybody. It's official. Beta was neg. We took a test this morning and it was neg so I was sure. Still, it was like a knife in the heart. DH left work at lunch so he'd be here when we go the call. We cried.
: : I'm here crying with you. : :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#269 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Gema
#270 of 436 Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Gemasita ~ It is just so unfair and I am so sorry. I wish I could be there for you ((((hugs)))).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page