October Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

anne1140: (26) - TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Blood work, semen analysis 4X, HSG, and 2 ultrasounds (1 2D, 1 3D). Me: septate uterus, Him: poor sperm morphology and motility, possibly caused by varicocele. Next step: Surgery for him AND for me! IUI after that.

AutumnLaughing: 31-TTC #1 with probable PCOS

brandyshea: TTC #1 since Feb 08. 28 y.o. dealing with male factor infertility. Starting IVF soon.

DaisyMae08: Unexplained IF with 7 failed IUIs, 1st IVF resulted in a chemical pg, 2nd IVF negative, and looking toward IVF #3.

indianagrl: 35, DH also 35. TTC #1 since 10/08 with hypothyroidism, possible other hormone imbalance.

Kel32brown: Kelli. TTC #4 for 36 months, m/c 10/08, 1st Clomid/IUI (April 2009) led to missed miscarriage (July 2009). Now waiting out a cyst from a no-medication cycle.

KellyTTC#1: 32 y.o. /DH 39. TTC#1 for 2+ years. 3 failed IUIs w/Clomid. Trying to figure out what to do next.

Kimberly23: 23, TTC #1 with PCOS, about to start first cycle of Clomid and Provera.

kristenok18: Starting up ART again after over a year hiatus (husband is in military).

Kuntry_Gurl78: 31, DH 33, TTC #3 after having a tubal ligation reversed.

ladylaura: Laura, TTC #1 for 26 months, waiting to start IUI #1 with donor sperm.

Laura-Belle: TTC #1 since 5/2007. I'm 28, DH is 42. 7 failed IUI's, still deciding what to do next.

lotusblossom9: 28, TTC #2, trying Femara this cycle after Clomid didn't work.

mmpmelmack: Melissa, TTC #2, multiple miscarriages & probable PCOS

mommyndoula: Brie, TTC #3 with MFI (low testosterone).

Needle In the Hay: Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years, hypothyroidism under control, 3 failed IUIs with OB/GYN, appt later this month with RE to discuss results of tests and where we go from here.

oregonduck: Kim, 35 and dh, 32. ttc#1 since June, 2007. Completed 7 cycles of Clomid, 1 m/c. Still trying and planning the next step.

quetinha: 38, TTC #3, back to Clomid after 4 Femara cycles

Tear78: TTC #1 since 5/2008, possible luteal phase defect, first appt with RE in November.

Vermillion: 25, secondary infertility, elevated Prolactin levels--still don't know why.

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

alexaskj: Alexas, 27 married to Bobby. TTC #2 with PCOS. Starting Clomid this cycle!

trumpcard: M--32 wife to P--32, TTC #1 since April 2008, HSG for me this month and dealing with MFI

poetgirl: TTC for 28 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08.

ann_of_loxley: (25) TTC#2 since July 2008 - 5 M/Cs - So far unexplained secondary infertility. Blood work (a lot!) - low testosterone? - impending lap (probable endo?)

eternalsunshine - TTC#2 w/MF issues. Conceived DC#1 through IUI. Currently on IUI #6 and seriously considering IVF soon.

tami1981: TTC for 2+ years, secondary infertility, severe male factor, 1 failed IUI, now onto IVF/ICSI Aug/09!!

Jelinifer: 25 y.o./DH 26 - TTC#1. On to cycle number #6 with Clomid. Ovulation problems for me. MFI w/poor morph too. Waiting to discuss IUI or IVF in fall 2009.

Furrow: TTC#2 since June 2009; DH has motility and morphology issues, but high count; I now seem to have lining problems (though it may be the clomid); trying IUI with and without meds; DD conceived in 2007 on 4th IUI with clomid

crazyrunningmama: TTC #2 via IVF w/ICSI in July 2009 (#1 concieved via FET after IVF w/ICSI, born spring 2006), EDD April 2010

claireb: Claire (31), married to N (28) and TTC #1 after 2 losses (6.5 weeks, 11.5 weeks). Dx with compound heterozygous MTHFR, currently on Folgard & BA, will go on Lovenox injections upon positive beta. Husband dx with low morphology (9%). Currently on IUI with injectables cycle #1.

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

BellyBean

booja's mom

Moondiapers

by-the-lake - TTC#3 with new MF issues, injectibles/trigger/ IUI #6, 1st with DI.

Furrow -- TTC#2 since June 2009; DH has motility and morphology issues, but high count; I now seem to have lining problems (though it may be the clomid); trying IUI with and without meds; DD conceived in 2007 on 4th IUI with clomid

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

Catubodua: 39, TTC #1 since Oct 07. we've already had a semen analysis and HSG done and both were fine.

mamasgirls- TTC #3 since 4/2007. Moving on to IUI #2.

mischievium TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF. --> December 2008

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid. Diagnostic Lap Dec '08. --> January 2009

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger. --> February 2009

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg) with 2 failed IUIs. Have now finished first injectable (Gonal F & Trigger) cycle with IUI done mid Jan and now in the dreaded TWW. Hoping for a early Valentines/B-Day present with a BFP!! --> February 2009

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle. --> February 2009

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 23 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. 5th IUI cycle in April. ---> May 2009

Julia'sMom - TTC #2, ivf#1 7/08 - 12 wk miscarriage, ivf#2 2/09 converted to iui - bfn, ivf#3 in April-------> Dec. 2009

Perdita_in_Ontario

Pookietooth

Laci

Losses

Victorian Patch

Missing in Action
(A section for people who haven't posted to this thread in at least two months)

Becky8824: TTC#1 since 03/08. One round of clomid 50mg and IUI in January.

brittloup: TTC #1 Since March '07 DH 33 (Great counts-Low Morph and Low Motility) Me 22 (No problems!) // 4 rounds Clomid with OBGYN all BFN// IUI #1 with RE Clomid and 2 75iu Bravelle injections--day of IUI sperm count 108 million--BFN Found cyst on left ovary and taking one month break.

blackapple: Melina- 27, with husband Chad, 28, TTC #3 since August 08. PCOS and tandem breastfeeding my b/g twins (thank you Clomid!). Trying soy, since it worked last cycle.

Crystal-mommy: TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

Eastbayk: natural

KrysTTC: Officially TTC #2 with clomid since May 2009 after a year of not getting her period on her own. Diagnosed with PCOS 2003.

lovebug: TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

MOMTOALEXIS: Trying to conceive since 9/07. 4 failed Clomid cycles, 3 with IUI. Moving to IVF January 09

NorthSky: TTC #1 for one year, possible PCOS

Shadow22: 35- High FSH, TTC#2

wgt4miracle: TTC #1, IVF#1 getting ready for stimming. Finished bcp, continuing lupron. Maybe ER and ET middle of April. (never had a chance to do IUI cause of blocked tubes, ARGH)

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above. Bolding requested changes is appreciated .

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 05:12 AM

I'm here, Laura...Thank you again for starting this wonderful thread! Today is my birthday...I have to change my age to 31. I pray everyone is doing well. I had to cancel my appointment for b/w with my RE yesterday, due to my DS being sick. I pray that I am pregnant this month, but will have an HSG on Day 4 or 5 of my cycle and the b/w next month, if not. I pray that God will bless this forum with many miraculous BFPs this month!

God bless you all!
TAM

Me-30; DH-33; DD-10; DS-8
Tubal Reversal-March 04, 2009; TTC-8 Months
Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Happy birthday, and thanks for the new thread!

I went in for my day 12 u/s today. This is my first Clomid cycle, taken on days 5-9. I had no adverse reactions to the Clomid which was nice, but I'm not feeling great about my u/s results. We saw 2 follicles over 10 on the left ovary. One was 10.5 and the other was 12. I really feel like I should be seeing more growth after taking the Clomid. Is this normal to have only this much growth on day 12? My nurse said last week we'd probably trigger on Friday or Saturday, but that's definitely not happening with this little growth today! I was SO hoping to finally get going on something this weekend.

My lining is up from 2.4 on day 3 to 6.3 on day 12.

The other thing I'm worried about is that last cycle we saw a 10mm follicle on day 14 (trying to go natural last cycle). They cancelled the cycle because it wasn't going to be a good one for an IUI (I'm assuming because my hormones and such didn't line up right). However, I was charting and my chart clearly showed that I ovulated on day 17.... 3 days after we saw only a 10 mm follicle... I definitely didn't ovulate a mature egg.

And, my temp dropped sharply this morning, which it usually does about 2-3 days before I ovulate.

I think I'm going to ovulate these eggs naturally before they even get a chance to grow to the right size...

AHHHHHH..... What do you all think about this??? HELP! I need analysis! I'm so worried and I still have to wait HOURS for my phone call.....

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Tam! I hope your day goes well and that your DS is feeling better.

Hey ladylaura. My first Clomid cycle, I didn't ovulate until day 16 or 17--it just seemed to go very slowly. My subsequent Clomid cycles they used a slightly higher dosage and everything went much more smoothly. Do you have any OPKs around to verify that you're going to ovulate fairly soon? Unfortunately, I've got to say that it appears to me that you're going to ovulate immature eggs again this cycle .

I'm still in 2WW--7dpo today. We'll see.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
Happy Birthday Tam! I hope your day goes well and that your DS is feeling better.

Hey ladylaura. My first Clomid cycle, I didn't ovulate until day 16 or 17--it just seemed to go very slowly. My subsequent Clomid cycles they used a slightly higher dosage and everything went much more smoothly. Do you have any OPKs around to verify that you're going to ovulate fairly soon? Unfortunately, I've got to say that it appears to me that you're going to ovulate immature eggs again this cycle .

I'm still in 2WW--7dpo today. We'll see.
Yeah, I'm not really optimistic, either.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 PM

Okay, so I got my phone call. They want me to come back on Monday for another u/s. Here are my stats:

Estrogen level 107
LH level 10.6
L ovary 7x<10, 1x12.5, 1x10.5
R ovary 7x<10

Anyone have any idea about those hormone levels? I've read E2 should be >200 for each follicle... and that LH should be >20 when surging... Is that right?

I hope I can get through the weekend without going absolutely nuts!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am 28 and currently TTC #2. I conceived #1 with Provera, Dexamethasone, Clomid, Ovidrel and an IUI. My diagnosis was that I had a high androgen level.

My androgen levels are testing normal now, but I am not ovulating and the reason is unknown. I am currently on Femara after not responding to 2 rounds of Clomid. I am looking for support and hope to give some support to othes who are TTC!

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 PM

I am new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile, I haven't seen many here with MFI (Male Factor Infertility), but I'd love to talk with others who fight ED and Low-T.

I'm Brie were working on #3 with newly discovered MFI. Sometime since we conceived our 2nd DD (April of '07) and last April ('09) DH's testosterone plummeted, (which means ED) and the treatments for testosterone are known to kill sperm counts. Our next step is to decide if we continue to treat the ED (low testosterone makes DH act like an 8 y/o boy w/o treatment) and risk long term atrophy to the testicles and never have kids again or deal with his behavior, put him on clomid and conceive before were ready (we have some big changes planned for the Spring and it really would be ideal to wait a bit longer). We have an appointment with a GP next week for him where we'll discuss more options and possibly transfer care to a urologist.

For now, we've agreed to continue as we are, not preventing, not *really* trying, but hoping it happens anyway (we've been at this routine 14 months). Well, thats the mutual agreement, I think right now my goal is to TTC ASAP so we can move on with a more aggressive long term treatment plan for him.

tree-huggin', outdoor lovin' paleo-eatin', crossfittin', homebirthin', placenta eatin', doula, wife and mom to 2 girls (06 & 08)

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 3rdtri.gif * * 40 * *

Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyndoula View Post
I am new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile, I haven't seen many here with MFI (Male Factor Infertility), but I'd love to talk with others who fight ED and Low-T.
Hi! I can't contribute anything useful at all to your specific problem, but I'm also dealing with MFI (or, rather, my husband is...). There are a few of us here and there... MFI is way more common than most people probably think!

Welcome!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:55 PM

Hi all, just started a new cycle after my progesterone shots, its a doozy, very crampy and such. The met is making me lose weight which is good.. truth be told, i'm scared to O, if I O I will get Pregnant (I swear DH has super sperm, in fact his whole family does) and then I will M/C again, and then I will have to start again, and I am afraid this BFP and then m/c cycle will just continue to repeat itself. I didnt have to deal with this when I wasnt having my period ever, and now, well, I am just scared. whew, I'm a real bummer tonight, I'm going to bed, Good luck to everyone else this month.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Hi there... I'm another lurker. I'm 38, been TTC #3 for 20 months. Did 1 clomid round followed by 4 Femarra rounds. This next cycle he wants me to do the Clomid Challenge (which really he told me to that first month but I didn't) with higher dose Clomid, the HSG, IUI and sperm test.
DH doesn't want to IUI so I'm having trouble deciding if I should push him on it.
If this cycle doesn't take we move on to injectibles.

Any advice on the IUI? With ds #2 we did Clomid and did not do the IUI, at that time the sa said he was great. So does the IUI in and of itself really boost your odds significantly?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

ladylaura: Hey there. How did your u/s look today? I hope the weekend went ok.

lotusblossom9: Welcome! I've added you to the list up top. Hope your stay here is short.

mommyndoula: Welcome! I've added you as well and hopefully you won't be here too long either . I don't have anything useful about your specific issue, but we are dealing with MFI too (low count, reason unknown). It really is not uncommon.

mmpmelmack:

quetinha: Welcome! You're added to the list up top . I don't actually know how much IUI improves the chances if his sperm are normal--I think some, but I don't know by how much. You should definitely have the HSG and the sperm test done though since those could have changed since your last kid. Hopefully the Clomid will work and you won't be here too long .

AFM: No real change. Now 9dpo. That is all.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 AM

I was away from the forums for a while, but recently rejoined the IVF thread. I thought I'd pop in here to say hello to everybody as well. I recognize many names and see some new ones too. Wishing everybody good luck on current and upcoming cycles!

Please update me to DaisyMae08: Unexplained IF with 7 failed IUIs, 1st IVF resulted in a chemical pg, 2nd IVF negative, and looking toward IVF #3.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
ladylaura: Hey there. How did your u/s look today? I hope the weekend went ok.
Nothing too exciting. The 12mm grew to a 14mm, hormone levels were still good, and I'm going back in tomorrow (Wed). Temps are still low, so I haven't accidentally ovulated yet... My goal at the moment is to at least ovulate AFTER Wednesday, because I'm going away for 2 weeks next Friday and I was originally going to miss the next cycle, but if I ovulate after Wed, I just might be able to still use that cycle if this one doesn't work!

So... we'll see what happens. I have yet to see any kind of cycle actually happen in full (IVF included!) so I'll remain skeptical until there are ACTUALLY sperm in me.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

ladylaura: *Hoping it looks good Wednesday*

DaisyMae08: I've updated you.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Woo hoo! My 14mm grew in two days to an 18mm! My temp rose slightly this morning, too.... I'm totally on the verge of O.

I don't know about the bloodwork results yet, but I think we'll be triggering tonight!

Here's a question... if I'm already surging, do you think they'd skip the trigger and just inseminate tomorrow morning?

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly don't want to miss this egg, but if nothing else, we know that Clomid works on me and I've produced an 18mm follicle, which I didn't do in any of my natural cycles.

AND.... we're going to Europe for 2 weeks next Friday... I was originally going to miss my next O date, but my cycle has pushed back just enough that I will be able to come in for monitoring on the day after I get back... so... I'm just crossing my fingers that all kinds of good things happen...

Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM

*Laughs* Can i be added to the lurker list? Im new too I'm 23and i have PCOS, my DF and i have been TTC#1 for about 7 months now. About to start 1st round of Clomid and Provera on Nov 1st. VERY anxious and nervous at the same time.Its nice to meet everyone im sorry it has to be under this thread though.. Good Luck ill be praying for all of you.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Lady Laura, I am so happy to read your post! I really hope you have sperm in you soon at just the right time!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Thanks, poet!

IUI this morning at 9:30 am... IT IS REALLY HAPPENING THIS TIME.

I'm a little nervous... my temp spiked this morning. AHH! But I am going to trust them. I've heard ALL kinds of things about when to have a frozen sperm IUI in accordance with ovulation, but whatever. I'm going to try to not think about it.

I will be taking a pregnancy test in Amsterdam in 2 weeks! Isn't that cute? I guess I'm in a good place if I get a negative hehe

Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM

Yay LadyLaura! Pretty exciting. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Hey all! We're getting ready to dip our toes back into the ART pool after being on an extended break for more than a year. Dh is gone with the military until Nov., and we'll hopefully start things back up right away. I have a consult with my dr at the end of Oct. to discuss our plans, since it's been SO long since our last ART attempt.

Unfortunately, yesterday SIL found out she's pg again, which makes 4 babies conceived/born to my sister and his sister since we started ttc#2. The news has sent both of us into a tailspin, when we had been finally starting to feel excited and energized about trying again. Every time we start to feel a little emotional healing and I feel like I am once again enjoying our life as it is, something causes the heartbreak to open wide again, and we are once again broken and shattered.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

ladylaura: Yay! I'm glad you finally got to the IUI. *crossing fingers for you* Enjoy your vacation!

Kimberly23: Welcome! I'm adding you up top. Hope the Clomid & Provera do the trick and your stay here is short.

kristenok18: Welcome! Let us know how things go. Re: your SIL's easy time getting pregnant--. Three of my cousins have announced pregnancies in the last couple of months and I try to be happy for them, but it still hurts.

AFM: AF showed up Thursday . At least my luteal phase appears to have moved back to a "normal" length--11 days--short, but still in the reasonable range. Currently on day 4.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM

I've taken a long break from the message boards; it was just getting too hard. DH and I had to stop obsessing! But now we are starting to get some answers and hope. DH and I are both 35, married for three years this coming Wednesday, and trying for #1 since last October/November.

since going off bcp my cycles have been getting longer and longer and now it appears I am not ovulating at all. diagnosed with hypothyroidism this summer and that is under control; now doctor thinks something may be wrong with my pituitary gland since I am not making much progesterone at all. Currently waiting for lab results on LH and FSH and then will discuss options with doctor from there. Just very happy that we are finally getting some answers as to what is going on with me!

Here's to a blessed month for all!!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 AM

Got my serum pregnancy test results back last night. Not pregnant. With only brown spotting, and no menses beginning after 4 days of this nonsense, I'm frustrated. The RE wants to see me today to u/s my uterus and ovaries and run blood tests. We'll see where we are and where we go from there. I'm thinking medicated IUI this month. That's one vote anyway. I thought I was pregnant, so this is really frustrating. Two m/c in the past year but I thought this was the start of something good.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

indianagrl: Welcome back! I've added you to the list up top. Hopefully the doc can figure out what's wrong .

kel32brown: How did your appt go earlier this week?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 PM

KellieSue- s I'm sorry things didn't work out this time.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM

DH had his varicocele repair today. Everything went well, but he is sore, and he has a headache. Not sure if it's a side effect from the Vicodin or not. I feel bad for him! I hope he feels better soon. I realized, though, that this is our first real treatment as far as our infertility goes. Everything previously has been testing. I am crossing my fingers now.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM

I've been gone for a while getting settled into school but I'm still around. And still TTC. Coming to terms that we are around cycle 28 or so of this. I stopped counting somewhere around cycle 13. We are still going at it without the help of an RE although I have been contemplating going back to try clomid again. But if we've conceived 2x before without any help and testing shows nothing is wrong with us then why bother?

Poet, I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but heartfelt congratulations to you. You have always been such a wonderful supporter of everyone else on these boards. I am so glad that you finally get your chance to be a mother as well.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I join you ladies? I think the TTC forums are too painful for me now. I'm 31 and DH and I have been TTC#1 since May of 2008. After 8 months we had a chemical pregnancy then the next month got pregnant only to lose it at 9wks due to a blighted ovum. Nothing since then, for 8 months. My OB thinks I have a luteal phase defect, with not enough progesterone. I'm not sure if that's all it is, and some of you wonderful ladies responded to my recent post and gently nudged me to swallowing my fear and calling a fertility specialist. I left them a message today. We're both really scared that they'll tell us we can't have kids, but I guess if that's true I want to know. I should warn you, I'm pretty much of the time right now, so sorry in advance. And my baby niece was born yesterday, 2 1/2 weeks after my due date. She was not planned. I'm pretty raw and confused because I love her already, and I can't wait to see her, but I'm hurting inside too. Thanks for listening.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Tear78 - I'm with you on the TTC boards being too difficult right now

My doctor called with the lab results on my LH and FSH levels and they are totally normal. My ultra sounds were also. So...he doubled my dosage of progesterone cream and will see me again in three weeks. We aren't seeing the fertility specialist because my insurance does not cover any of the tests. My gyno has ruled out endometriosis and PCOS. But I'm currently on day 64 of my cycle! Why?!?!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08

User Tag List