November IUIs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who's in this month? And hey, who got BFPs last month?! There were a lot of us waiting to test at the end of October. I hope there is some good news!

I'm on CD9 and was scheduled for a follicle check on Friday, CD 12, but I'm going in tomorrow because I seriously feel like I'm about to ovulate. I could be wrong, but after 25+ cumulative TTC cycles, I do recognize the signs. The nurse was fabulous to say that she trusts patients about their own bodies. I'm on Femara this month.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM

Good luck with your follie check!!

We are hoping to do an IUI this month....if I respond to femara and produce decent eggs. Keeping my fingers and toes and eyes crossed that something happens in my ovaries!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Kristen -- I love your signature. I often feel like I need a tattoo to that effect. Good luck with Femara! It works well for me.

In fact, I was right to go in early! I love when my hunches actually pay off. The tech found one 18-19 mm follicle on each side, so I got a trigger today and the IUI is tomorrow.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM

YAY!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the cheers, Kristen. I had my IUI yesterday. There were 122 million total motile sperm, but they were all the second best kind (grade B), so I'm a bit bummed. Pregnancy is still possible, and the nurse was nothing but cheerful, but I've read that the chances are reduced. Sigh.

Anybody else doing IUI? Feel free to join us.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Tried Clomid this cycle and didn't respond so went on Femara. I went in today and it looks like 2 good follies are growing! RE wants me to do OPKs, then we will do Ovidrel shot and our second IUI.

I really hope this is everyone's month for a BFP!

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, lotusblossom9! Hooray for two good follies This would be a good month for a bunch of BFPs, I think.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM

AmyKT- sorry to hear about the grade b sperm. We have male IF issues as well, and trying to deal with both and lining up a rare good cycle with me with a good sample from his has been a huge problem. I hope it doesn't matter in your case, and that this is your cycle!

lotusblossom9- yay for femara! glad to hear you are seeing some growth.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Kristen -- how did the Femara work out for you this month? Did you get a follie check yet?

Lotusblossom -- did you have your IUI yet? How did it go?

AFM -- I'm still in the TWW. This is 10dpo and there is no sign of AF. That alone is a good thing for me. My lp are super short, sometimes even when on progesterone. I'm not even going to think of testing for two more days, though. Probably.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 PM

Hi ladies!
I was wondering if I could join you? I am doing an injectible cycle with timed intercourse this month. I am on gonal-f 75u. Today is cd7; I have been injecting for 5 nights now. I went for monitoring this morning. The lady doing my ultrasound said that there were lots of little follicles, but nothing over 12mm (which is when they measure them). Waiting for a call from my nurse with further instructions. Good luck and baby dust to all!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA, our house was hit by the H1N1 plague. Although I haven't had a fever since Friday, this bug sure knocks you for a loop.

AmyKT- Hope things are still well today!

mzmum- welcome, and good luck with the follie growth!

I have my follie check this afternoon, and I'm . I'm preparing myself to see nothing but dozens of tiny little cysts as usual, though I'll be thrilled if there's some growth. A friend who did IVF several years ago gave me her good luck socks....they say "this end up" on the soles. Maybe they'll bring some luck my way?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, mzmum! I hope the gonal-f kicks in and grows those follies. Let us know what the nurse says.

Kristen -- how was your follie check? I hope you got some good news.

I'm still waiting. Might break down and test tomorrow (12 dpo). I'm having some possible symptoms, though I've been there before. We all have, I'm sure. I should wait until Wednesday so that I have one more day of hope.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM

AmyKT- this is the HARDEST part of the 2ww, don't you think? to you while you wait, and still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I had one good follie! 19x22, so I'm testing at home for an LH surge. The stupid hospital pharmacy was out of ovidrel if you can believe it, but hopefully the follie will pop on it's own. Just need to call as soon as we get a surge to schedule the IUI. I am starting to get excited about this. Dare I hope?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Kristen! Yay for a good follie!

How annoying that the pharmacy was out of ovidrel. That happened to me once, but I wasn't going anywhere without my shot. I ended up driving across town to get it from a supermarket pharmacy. But it's by no means necessary, of course. I'm just a control freak.

You can do it, you can do it!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Kristen (and others)....there's apparently an ovidrel shortage...or maybe of all hCG or something, I'm not sure what's going on, but last cycle I had to drive to the next town over and back to get my shot, and I got the last vial of generic hCG in the area.

This month, I already have mine, though IUI is two weeks out. I got it from a mail order pharmacy my new RE's office works with, so that was a relief. I highly recommend getting your trigger shot in advance if you can.

Unfortunately, nobody tells you they're out until you find out the hard way. My OB's office knew, they did the legwork for me and called ten pharmacies before they found one that had one shot left. So, if you know you're going to need it, try to get it early. It's the cheapest fertility med I've ever taken, and it has a good shelf life, so if it sits around for a few weeks, it's Ok.

I'm on for IUI around US Thanksgiving, which will be fun, what with having to drive two hours to the clinic for it, potentially through holiday traffic, and trying to coordinate the holiday schedule and all.

Right now, I'm on day 3 of 150 IU Gonal-F, I have my first ultrasound and we're doing our semen analysis on Thursday.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Kristen (and others)....there's apparently an ovidrel shortage...or maybe of all hCG or something, I'm not sure what's going on, but last cycle I had to drive to the next town over and back to get my shot, and I got the last vial of generic hCG in the area.
Now that you mention it, I've also heard of a shortage. I don't actually use Ovidrel. Once it was Pregnyl and I think the last two may have been Novarel. From what I've heard, the hcg shortage is (at least partially) caused by people who are using it to lose weight.

Good luck with your upcoming IUI. Sucks that it will be over the holiday.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
Now that you mention it, I've also heard of a shortage. I don't actually use Ovidrel. Once it was Pregnyl and I think the last two may have been Novarel. From what I've heard, the hcg shortage is (at least partially) caused by people who are using it to lose weight.

Good luck with your upcoming IUI. Sucks that it will be over the holiday.
I think mine is pregnyl this month and last. I hadn't used hCG in a few years, I don't remember what I got then.

How do you use hCG to lose weight? I don't know about y'all, but for me, the more infertility whatever I get into, the fatter I get! I think it's all the ice cream.

You know, the holiday thing is Ok. I just worry about the traffic and the potential for screw ups because it's outside of regular business hours and such. At least we don't have to manage it around our regular business hour lives, that's a relief!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM

No surge yet and I'm beginning to lose my mind. I keep wondering if I surged before my follie scan, but I was still so newly recovering from H1N1 that it didn't occur to me to test. Ugh. Please send any positive surge thoughts my way!

AmyKT- how are you doing?

Hope everyone else is well!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
No surge yet and I'm beginning to lose my mind. I keep wondering if I surged before my follie scan, but I was still so newly recovering from H1N1 that it didn't occur to me to test. Ugh. Please send any positive surge thoughts my way!

AmyKT- how are you doing?

Hope everyone else is well!
Kristen -- when you said that your follie was 19x22, I wondered if maybe you were surging. I say that because I had an oval shaped follicle last month during a scan, and I think I may have been surging. I don't usually have oval follicles. Do you? I envision that happening when the follicle is collapsing to push out the ovum. I AM sending you positive surge vibes though! The illness could just be slowing your cycle down, do you think?

FtMPapa -- The weight loss thing is funny, isn't it? Here I am trying to gain 25-30 pounds this year with hCG.

AFM -- I have amazing news. I got a BFP yesterday at 12dpiui. It came up really fast and strong, but I was still a little afraid that it could be leftover from the trigger. But it was darker today at 13 dpo, and I had a beta this morning-- hcg 87 and progesterone 32.5 -- so it appears that I'm pregnant. I'm happy, of course, but cautiously so since I miscarried at 6 weeks a couple of months ago. I'm already feeling far more pregnant this time than I ever really did last time though (eek, the nausea and hot flashes), so that seems like a good thing. Follow up beta is Friday.

In case anyone does the googling that I have done the last several days, I'll help them out: you can get pregnant with only grade b sperm! Absence of rapid progressive sperm can equal conception!

I'm going to keep checking in on and cheering on the rest of you, if you don't mind. I could be back in the trenches again soon, anyway. What, me? A pessimist? Nah.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 PM

Congratulations, Amy! Sending lots of sticky bean vibes your way.

I got a surge yesterday evening, so we're scheduled to go in for the IUI this afternoon.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, Kristen! Baby dust, baby dust! Swim spermies swim!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 AM

Well, despite huge retrieval issues that caused us to thing all afternoon that there wouldn't be enough sperm to do an IUI, it's done. Poor dh. He has several things going on (volume, motility, morphology, viscosity, retrograde ejac., varicocele, etc), and after a frustrating round with a collection condom that led to almost nothing in the stupid little jar, he was pretty despondent all afternoon. But it seems they were able to gather enough to provide a sample, and we did the IUI late this afternoon. I'll be keeping our fingers crossed for a belated anniversary present...next week it'll be 10 years for us.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:05 AM

Congrats, AMY!!!!

Kristen! Amazing that you got enough for IUI! Let's hope it's all you need.

I'm still in wait-and-grow-some-follicles mode.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:12 AM

FtMPapa- what cd are you on? When do you go in for your follie check?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 AM

I'm on CD 6 and I had my first check today - 2 were 10 mm + on the left, 1 or 2 on the right, but my clinic supposedly only measures 12 mm +, but it's still very early in the cycle.

I'm going back in for follie check # 2 on Saturday, so I'll know better then.

My endometrium has typically been the problem (last month on Clomid, five follicles over 20 mm and an endometrium of 6.5 on CD 17, IUI on CD 18) this month, my endometrium is *ALREADY* 9 and triple striped. That's unprecedented for me. If I don't catch this cycle, it's going to be one ugly period. . . that's all I can think right now.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
AFM -- I have amazing news. I got a BFP yesterday at 12dpiui. It came up really fast and strong, but I was still a little afraid that it could be leftover from the trigger. But it was darker today at 13 dpo, and I had a beta this morning-- hcg 87 and progesterone 32.5 -- so it appears that I'm pregnant. I'm happy, of course, but cautiously so since I miscarried at 6 weeks a couple of months ago. I'm already feeling far more pregnant this time than I ever really did last time though (eek, the nausea and hot flashes), so that seems like a good thing. Follow up beta is Friday.
Amy!!!!

I came here to check on you and...YOU ARE PREGGO!!!

I totally understand the nervousness, believe me...but I will have fingers, toes, eyes, and ears crossed for you...I think this could be your take-home baby!!

Just wanted to give you a big hug!!

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Kristen -- what a harrowing day! I do feel terribly sorry for your DH. Mine has blamed himself many times for a negative cycle, but as my last one proved, it doesn't have to be perfect to get the job done. I so hope this is your month. It would be a great anniversary present.

FtMPapa -- my endo was terribly thin on clomid. One month it was 4.5 at IUI. It's the main reason I switched to letrozole. I'm so happy yours has rebounded quickly. Maybe your follicles will look good on Saturday and you won't have to fight the holiday traffic.

Claireb -- You are so sweet! It means a lot that you came to check on me. I think about you all the time and do periodic searches to see how you are. I'm awfully glad to still see two babies in your signature. I hope the rough times are over.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 AM

Hi ladies!

We had our IUI...two good follicles and now in the 2 week wait. I'll be testing on Thanksgiving.

Hoping for a BFP for all of us!

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM

lotusblossom9- sending lots of your way.

and yes, to all of us.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Follicle check this morning - six follicles, all 13-15 mm, which seems pretty close in size to me, but I don't actually know. There's one 15 mm on each side, and two smaller ones on each ovary.

Endometrium looks great.

Blood draw went extremely well. Nary a mark, even with a back of the hand draw - as always, I made sure to be well-hydrated, which helps, and she used a warming pack on my hand first to dilate the veins, and a butterfly.

I'm waiting for the doc or the nurses to call and explain the options. I do not feel comfortable with inseminating with six similarly sized follicles all being triggered, but I don't know what the full range of options are. I know that at either extreme it's "do nothing, no insemination, avoid sperm" and then I can trigger right away and move on, which I don't want to do, and the opposite end of the spectrum is keep growing all six follicles, and plan for IVF egg retrieval later this week. That option sounds pretty good to me.

User Tag List