Elevated DHEAS levels? PCOS? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Just a lurker here, I have never posted in this forum before, so please be gentle!

I had my first RE appointment on Friday. After a vag. ultrasound, she said my left ovary looks like PCOS, though I'm not presenting with any of the typical symptoms. I got the results of a few of my blood tests today, Thyroid and Prolactin were normal, but DHEAS was "elevated." As I don't have an appointment with her again until December 7th (After my HSG) I have been all over google trying to understand what this means. Is DHEAS typically linked to PCOS? What kind of treatment does this involve? My cycles are long, but not THAT long (37 days-ish) and I get my temp rise and fall every cycle, and peaks on my monitor, which led me to believe that I was ovulating...I am in way over my head, no idea what this means in TTC terms, and of course I'm scared... Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ladies!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nanette, I know you know that I don't know (whoa, convoluted) but I wanted to post a and keep your post at the top. Anybody have experience with this?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#3 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Tear I also saw that you have an appointment with a new (and improved) RE on Friday!!! Yay!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page