Can a beta Hcg be wrong? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-09-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I havent posted my BFP yet becasue I was waiting on my beta to confirm, well I got it today and it was only 7.9 at 19 DPO!!! how is that possible? I got three BFP on FRER's NOT using FMU, I only took a test becasue I had symptoms, undeniable symptoms, sore BB's, I was tired, excessivly thirsty, and of course peeing a lot. I still have said symptoms. I got my FRER + the night before the blood test, this has to be a joke, thats not possible right FRER's dont test positive untill at least 20 right? how can my beta be so low? I'm not going to stay PG am I?
#2 of 4 Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM

I'm so sorry. This is so stressful and sad, I know. But it sounds like you were pregnant and lost it very early (I hate the term "chemical pregnancy"). The positive you got the night before the blood test could have been due to the fact that hcg changes are a few days behind in urine specimens, so while your blood hcg level was falling, it hadn't yet registered in your urine.

I hope I'm wrong and that the blood tests just got switched or something, but it does sound like you're dealing with an early loss.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#3 of 4 Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM

I'm sorry mama I hope that things work out, but I had a positive digital test 2 days after AF was due, I think I was 16 DPO. My symptoms disappeared over the weekend, and I started bleeding on Sunday. Beta's on Monday showed an HCG of 1, and it was high enough to test positive on Friday. I would say things don't look great, but you never know! I've had very low HCG levels with my DD and DS, and they both stuck. Two others that didn't, you never know.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#4 of 4 Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpmelmack View Post
I havent posted my BFP yet becasue I was waiting on my beta to confirm, well I got it today and it was only 7.9 at 19 DPO!!! how is that possible? I got three BFP on FRER's NOT using FMU, I only took a test becasue I had symptoms, undeniable symptoms, sore BB's, I was tired, excessivly thirsty, and of course peeing a lot. I still have said symptoms. I got my FRER + the night before the blood test, this has to be a joke, thats not possible right FRER's dont test positive untill at least 20 right? how can my beta be so low? I'm not going to stay PG am I?
Any updates? Have you had the repeat beta results yet?

I just had a beta, my hCG level was 2 on 11 DPO, and I'm waiting to get the results of the second draw I had today at 13 DPO, so I think we're in the same boat.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page