question about LH surge & fertility - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Little intro here, I have 2 boys, ages 5 & 4 and am 37 yrs. old. Had NO problems getting pregnant w/the 1st 2 and have charted for the last 6 yrs so I know my body well. I am hypothyroid, but that's been well under control for the last 1 1/2 yrs. My 1st appt. with an RE suggested I might be making too much prolactin still (even after having weaned 1 1/2 yrs prior, I could still squeeze milk out of my right breast) so he gave me a drug to help lower my levels. I've been taking that and it seems to have worked, as far as that goes. I did 2 rounds of Clomid and still not pregnant. I have gone to an acupuncturist for 3 or 4 sessions now.

So yesterday I decided to check my LH with a home ovulation predictor kit and it happened to be positive, even though it's really early to be ovulating for me (day 7 vs day 12 normally)? Then this mornings temperature took a dip, which it usually does right before the thermal shift. Could the acupuncture be increasing the length of my luteal phase and causing my ovulation to come early? My luteal phase was a good length before so that wasn't a problem (still haven't figured out the problem. and we've eliminated DH b/c he had an SA done and it all came back normal). Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page