Winter IVF - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two embryos made it to launch today.

One looked great - everything you want in an embryo, 8 cells, smooth sides, no broken bits of cells (fragmentation).

One looked good - 7 cells, smoothish sides, not too much fragmentation. But not quite good enough to freeze, so it was either use it or lose it.

The other six weren't viable.

This is it, the two embryos that could.

I'm taking suggestions on names.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 PM

Papa: Thats' so great. I'm so happy for you. The embies sound perfect. How amazing !!!

What is the difference b/w 3 and 5 day? I thought it was just up to the clinic. Is there a medical reason to pick one or the other?

I had my IUI on Thursday. They want me to use the progesterone supp. starting tonight. I didn't know they di that for IUI. Anyhow, I go back for a blood test on 1/21. What a miracle if this worked .
#123 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post

One looked great - everything you want in an embryo, 8 cells, smooth sides, no broken bits of cells (fragmentation).

One looked good - 7 cells, smoothish sides, not too much fragmentation. But not quite good enough to freeze, so it was either use it or lose it.

Yay! I'm so thrilled for you. Sending sticky vibes!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#124 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM

I had my hysterosonogram today and my uterus looks perfect. No fibroids or polyps. I'm still in the middle of prep cycle one of two prep cycles...it's so hard to wait to get started!

Does anyone know anything about a company called Gene Security? My clinic just contracted with them to do PGD. They test all 24 chromosome pairs instead of just 8, like we had done the first time. I think we're going to go ahead with it...

#125 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

FtMPapa- Things sound great, sending lots and lots of sticky vibes your way.

Wahine5-Praying your miracle is on it's way.

NewMama-Glad everything was good with your testing, you'll be on your way soon, but the waiting always sux.

AFM-Still stimming, lots of follies in u/s today nothing too big yet. I go back Monday for another check.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#126 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
I had my hysterosonogram today and my uterus looks perfect. No fibroids or polyps. I'm still in the middle of prep cycle one of two prep cycles...it's so hard to wait to get started!

Does anyone know anything about a company called Gene Security? My clinic just contracted with them to do PGD. They test all 24 chromosome pairs instead of just 8, like we had done the first time. I think we're going to go ahead with it...
I don't know anything about Gene Security, but my clinic is using Genesis Genetics. It sounds like it's for the same thing. Are they calling it array (or microarray) CGH? We've decided to do it as well. We haven't done the standard PGD, but my doctor said it's not so helpful unless you know that you're looking for something in particular (like if you had a family history of cystic fibrosis or something like that).
#127 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM

All right, just googled it. It is the microarray CGH which is what we're doing. I've been looking for someone else who has done it or will be doing it. So, New Mama, it's nice to have company with this!
#128 of 454 Old 01-15-2010, 11:07 PM

ftmpapa That's great!

Wahine The progesterone certainly can't hurt! Why are they testing so early?

Newmama Great news! We used Reprogenetics in NJ. They tested for a bunch of things. It was interesting, only 1 of our 3 abnormal embryos were affecting by DH's translocation, we had one with trisomy 22 and one that was missing 15 and 16 all together.

Momtoalexis Yay for lots of follies! Hope you enjoy your time off from work.

Daisy Is it more expensive than PGD?

Nothing going on with me, just waiting and enjoying this opportunity for a BFP.
#129 of 454 Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM

5terre: I meant testing is on 1/28. Glad your enjoying this time
#130 of 454 Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post

Two great embryos, YAY!!!!! And good for you and your positive pregnant until proven otherwise attitude! Take good care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahine5 View Post

What is the difference b/w 3 and 5 day? I thought it was just up to the clinic. Is there a medical reason to pick one or the other?

I had my IUI on Thursday. They want me to use the progesterone supp. starting tonight. I didn't know they di that for IUI. Anyhow, I go back for a blood test on 1/21. What a miracle if this worked .
Day 3 transfers used to be the norm, but then clinics started waiting until day 5 to see which embies survived and transferrring those. The theory is that they can then see which are the real survivors. They usually only wait until day 5 if there are a lot of embryos looking like they will make it past day 3, otherwise you might lose them all between day 3 and 5 and have none to transfer (which sometimes happens, devastating). The other way to look at it though is that the same embies that don't make it to day 5 in a lab might have survived if put back in the woman's uterus. With my first IVF we were trying for a day 5 transfer (and the clinic was then suggesting we only transfer one cause I was relatively young) but then we got a call in the morning of day 3 saying "come now". My most recent IVF we did get to day 5 and transfered two blastocysts (many many more cells than an embie at the day 3 stage). Hope this makes sense.
Here's hoping your IUI worked!!!

and to all

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#131 of 454 Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Can I join in? I know I am late in the game here. Some of you might remember me way back with so many issues with my tubes and many false restarts of my first IVF. Well right now I will hopefully be trying IVF #1 again.

Hello to mom-to alexis--how are you doing? I hope you are doing alright and gl with this cycle.

I have to read others posts here to catch up.

I am on lupron 20 units daily which I started on Jan 11. I took my last day of bcp today and now I am waiting for AF to show up. Hopefully, I can stimm soon. I have Bravelle sitting in my drawer since March of last year.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#132 of 454 Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

wtg4miracle-Hey my friend. So glad to see you, I've tried to e-mail you and haven't heard back. Thinking of you all the time. So happy your finally starting. I will add you to the front page. You can get a quick update where everyone is at.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#133 of 454 Old 01-17-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
All right, just googled it. It is the microarray CGH which is what we're doing. I've been looking for someone else who has done it or will be doing it. So, New Mama, it's nice to have company with this!
Yay!

#134 of 454 Old 01-17-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
Can I join in? I know I am late in the game here. Some of you might remember me way back with so many issues with my tubes and many false restarts of my first IVF. Well right now I will hopefully be trying IVF #1 again.
I sure do remember you! So glad you are ready to roll! Good luck!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#135 of 454 Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Just got back from Re. Tommorrow morning will be last day of stims.. Trigger tomorrow night and ER thursday morning. Re thinks he will be able to get between 5-8 eggies. Which sounds good for me cause last time was 22 so we are doing everything to avoid the OHSS like last time and it's working. I'm feeling slightly bloated but nothing like last time.

Hope everyone is finding themselves well. I've been updating the 1st page where everyone is at if anyone gets lost just take a look back to catch up.

#136 of 454 Old 01-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Good luck with the ER!

for 5-8 good eggs!

AFM - I'm just sitting tight, gestating my little embryos and willing them to stick, stick, stick! I'm still mostly taking it easy, mostly because I'm lazy more than anything else. Yesterday was the first day I really felt normal since I started the stims. This is much harder work than I thought!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#137 of 454 Old 01-18-2010, 08:58 PM

wtg4, welcome back. I took a break from posting as well and just recently started back again. I'm glad to hear that you're back on track for an IVF cycle.

FtMPapa, be as lazy as you want. Those little beans won't mind a calm environment in which to take up residence!

MomtoAlexis, I'm so glad to hear that you've avoided OHSS. I know that it can be just awful! Good luck with ER!

And NewMama, I'm so glad to have a partner with the Array CGH! It's so new I wasn't sure I'd be able to find someone else doing it. We'll have to keep each other updated!

As for me, I'm just waiting for my hysteroscopy which is next Wednesday. Until then, just trying to stay relaxed.
#138 of 454 Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM

mom-to-alexis--So sorry about your email. It must of gotten lost in the sauce. I have to look for it. I have been so busy with all the moving. I finally gotten into my new home. I had to get a new lawyer etc. It was one big total nightmare. 2009 was a horrible yr. Now I am looking forward for 2010.
I can't believe you are almost done stimming. GL. It looks like they were going easy on you this time. I am happy that you are avoiding the OHSS. How many days did you stim for?

CRM--my gosh, congrats. Oh boy do I remember you also.

daisymae08--I also remember you to. You have been through a tough yr also. Now this will be our chance to shine soon.

Hello to everyone here, I hate to bypass others but its hard to catch up now. I am trying.

AFM-took last bcp last night. Still on lupron 20 units and baby asa. Now I wait for AF and then go for suppression check.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#139 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 AM

Hello All,
I hope everyone is well.

Any of you on those progesterone suppositories have funky side effects? I am incredibly itchy. Also, I thought they leak out. I basically have no discharge. Sorry for TMI. I have incredibly sore BB and can't even touch the nipples. I have mild cramping and feel "stuff" in my ovaries. Do these sound familiar?
#140 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 AM

Wahine, are you using the compounded c**t rockets? The kind you have to keep in the fridge?

I had the same experience with those when I did IUIs with the compounded rockets for follow up. They were itchy, thick, nasty, kind of like having a wad of diaper cream up there, almost like what I imagine a bad yeasty-beasty would be like (never had one...knock on wood!). Also, very unportable with the refrigeration and all (admittedly, it was in the middle of summer).

This time around, I'm using Endometrin, which is a vaginal suppository, too, but it's an individually wrapped caplet, and they come with disposable "applicators" (I still like to think of them as rockets with launchers, though). They are solid, not compounded, and they seem to dissolve slower, plus the launcher means you can get them higher up, so they leak out less. They're also not itchy. And portable, as easy as a tampon, they don't melt like the other ones.

They are pricier, but I find them much better. At 3, 100 mg/tablets per day, they run about $100/wk.

The cramping and the "stuff" is maybe progesterone related, I thought it was, but mine mostly resolved itself and I'm still doing the progesterone. It could also be the effects of hcG in your system, right?

Why on earth are they making you wait so long to test? I've always tested 14 DP-trigger or 13 DP-IUI....make them let you have a beta sooner! Or pee on something! I need some good news to come out of this thread any minute now.

AFM - I'm having huge mood swings, my back is killing me, I have heartburn. I feel PMSy. It could all be the progesterone, it could all be nothing, it could all be PMS, it could be pregnancy. I would like to have sedation for the rest of my 2ww, please. They let me have sedation for the retrieval, why not now?

#141 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post

Hello to mom-to alexis--how are you doing? I hope you are doing alright and gl with this cycle.

I have to read others posts here to catch up.

I am on lupron 20 units daily which I started on Jan 11. I took my last day of bcp today and now I am waiting for AF to show up. Hopefully, I can stimm soon. I have Bravelle sitting in my drawer since March of last year.
Hello my friend! Glad to see you. Wishing you the best and will be cheering you on!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#142 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 PM

I tested today, BFN. Most likely accurate, ER was two weeks ago tomorrow. Beta is Thursday. I really thought I was pg.
#143 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
I tested today, BFN. Most likely accurate, ER was two weeks ago tomorrow. Beta is Thursday. I really thought I was pg.
5terre - I really, really hope that it wasn't accurate, but I know how ugly that limbo place can be, when you're afraid to keep hoping because that's how you keep getting hurt.

The progesterone can really mess with your head, both the "symptoms" and the emotions. Be gentle with yourself and try to hold out to get the definitive word on Thursday.

#144 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
Hoping it's too early, try to hold out until official beta, I've heard of many women testing negative on the poas and then having positive betas. I am gonna try my hardest to hold out after my et but I know how hard it is. I did hold out when we did our FET so I hope I can do it again. Sending lots and lots of to you.

#145 of 454 Old 01-19-2010, 11:58 PM

My clinic says they've had many women test negative on home tests and go on to have positive betas. Try to hold onto some hope 5terre. I know how hard it can be.
#146 of 454 Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 AM

Hi ladies-
I'd love to join you all...okay, I'd really rather not be here, but you know what I mean! We are currently TTC our 2nd baby. We have a just turned 2-year old DD from a FET. Since her we've had a negative beta in August from IVF and a m/c in November from a FET. I am currently in suppresion and we should be looking at another transfer in the later part of February.

I have only one-tube and our RE feels the other one probably has damage as well that just wasn't recognizable during our laparoscopy. Also, due to some genetic and chromosomal testing we just completed, we discovered I have a genetic blood disorder, Leiden Factor 5, which causes blood clots and could be the cause of all the miscarriages I've had. We've done 4 IVF cycles total and I've always been a really good responder with no hormone level problems and alot of good quality embryos, which just don't seem to stick so I'm hopeful that this new discovery will be the answer! I'll be placed on blood thinners prior to my next transfer to counter the problem.

I know how helpful it is to go through this experience with others who can relate so I look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing this rough journey together!

Carrie
#147 of 454 Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 AM

5terre: Please try to stay positive. I know easier said then done. Sounds like this can happen (I hope this is really the case). I've got everything crossed for you and praying for the best.

FtMPapa: Thanks for the info on the progesterone. Sounds like you have the good stuff. What I have look like capsules. I don't even have an applicator. I have to insert with finger. Really gross... I got the from the clinic. Maybe if I got them from the pharmacy they would have been the goods. Hopefully I'll need 3 more months worth and get the right stuff... I totally relate to the 2ww. It is going by sooooooo slow. It's ridiculous. I'm just so tired of waiting period. Waiting to ovulate, waiting to start the period. Seems the last 2 years of my life have been 2ww. Sedation sounds right on !! Heartburn is good. I hear that's a pregnancy symptom but not from progesterone right?

Paytonsmommy: Welcome... I hope your stay is super short.

MOMTOALEXIS: Did you trigger? Good Luck
#148 of 454 Old 01-20-2010, 09:57 AM

Welcome Paytonsmommy!

Wahine - Endo.metrin is the brand name (no dot - just didn't want to make this into advertising!) I get the 100 mg vaginal capsules from Village Fertility Pharmacy in Waltham, MA - they ship anywhere, and they have been such a pleasure to work with. Really, really great. When we thought UPS has lost my shipment, they were prepared to do anything to give me another $3,000 worth of meds at no cost, since the ones I was supposed to get would have been ruined.

(They did turn up, UPS just hadn't scanned them in properly, and they were delivered without a hitch.)

They're still kind of gross, but I'd say 40% as gross as the other ones.

Ok, today is the great pants challenge - can I fit into some pants to go talk to 300 students this morning? I guess I'm about to find out! (First time wearing pants that aren't sweats this year and since I started stims.)

#149 of 454 Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Paytonsmommy-Welcome, sorry your here with us but I hope your stay here is a quick one. I have added you to the front page under suppression.

FtMPapa-I totally hear ya on the pants. I was doing good up until about 3 days ago and jogging pants its been since then. No one in my family knows this time around, only dh and I know this time, so it's been hard to hide the bulge, good thing it's winter and sweatshirts are the attire. Hope your doin well in the 2ww.

wahine5-I stimmed last night 9:45, it was a close call my father-in-law is ill with Alzheimers and we had to rush him to ER after a bad side affect to the meds. My dh was like you have to leave to go trigger(very cute to hear him remember the name of the med). I ran home and made it just in time. Retrieval is tomorrow and I can't wait. The 2ww is def the worst but somehow we manage to do it, try to stay calm and be kind to yourself.

wtg4miracle-Has the devil herself arrived yet????

#150 of 454 Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! It always takes a bit to try and catch up on everyone and put "names" with situations, etc. so please don't be offended if I don't mention you right off the bat....I'm pretty much just starting from when I posted and going forward!

MomtoAlexis - Good luck on your retrieval tomorrow!! It's always so exciting to get the "report" back!

FtMPapa - I love your tagline "Knocked up unless proven otherwise"....very "the glass is half full" of you!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page