Winter IVF - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 454 Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else wants to join in on a Winter IVF. I see a lot of people on Fall IVF who are just beginning and I figured this would be a good time to start a new one for the winter. I just went back to my RE for the first time in 7 months since our FET which was a chemical.. It felt strange being back but I am so ready to move on. Everything looked great, no cysts. Will be starting birth control today and moving on from there. We are staying really hopeful and praying for a 2010 little one. Look forward to meeting everyone and hoping we all graduate soon.

Winter IVF

Suppression
msgoodbuns (FET)
MOMTOALEXIS

On Stims

Egg Retrieval
5terre 1/6/10
FtMPapa 1/12/10
MOMTOALEXIS 1/21/10
wtg4miracle 2/6/10
Paytonsmommy 2/18/10
5terre 3/2/10
New Mama 3/4/10
laura-belle 3/7/10
ratgrl 3/8/10
KellyTTC#1 3/10/10

Embryo Transfer
5terre 1/11/10
FtMPapa 1/15/10
MOMTOALEXIS-No embryos to transfer
wtg4miracle 2/9/10
Paytonsmommy 2/23/10
New Mama 3/9/10
laura-belle 3/10/10
ratgrl 3/11/10
KellyTTC#1 3/13/10

Test Date
5terre 1/21/10
FtMPapa 1/26/10
Wahine5 1/28/10 ( converted to IUI)
Wahine5 2/19/10 (converted to IUI)
Paytonsmommy 3/3/10
New Mama 3/19/10
ratgrl 3/22/10
laura-belle 3/22/10
KellyTTC#1 3/27/10

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 454 Old 12-31-2009, 04:07 AM

I'm watching for now and hoping to be joining soon. The RE thinks our issues are mostly male factor.

Why timeline a bit unknown? I have an arcuate (sp?) uterus that my RE doesn't think has anything to do with our lack of pregnancy but that we're checking out and possibly correcting before going for the IVF. I can't sign up for a timeline until after that is done. My Day 1 should be in the next few days, so hopefully I'll have a better idea in a week or so.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#3 of 454 Old 12-31-2009, 12:07 PM

Thanks for starting the thread, Momtoalexis! Great idea.

Laurabelle - I think it makes sense to fix whatever you can. that you get some good information soon.

Momtoalexis - please put me under "stims."

I'm pulling my head up out of an insurance nightmare - long story short, I've been struggling to get infertility/IVF coverage since October, even though I live in MA which has one of the strongest infertility mandates, my insurance has been yanking me around in any way they possibly can.

Three days ago, I finished my BCP suppression, now I'm waiting for CD 1, which is expected today or so, and I woke up to some spotting this morning.

It's a little bit weird to be excited about starting to bleed.

Backstory: no known issues, I am 29, I have the dreaded "unexplained infertility" though technically, my doc calls it "subfertility" since I do ovulate, I have a decent LP, just my cycles are really long, my ovulation really late, and my E2 levels really low. I did respond well to stims in the past for IUI. I'm taking the same drug this time around, Gonal-F for stims, Menopur and Ganirelix, hcG trigger, and then the progesterone suppositories.

I've done 3 clomid + IUI, 1 unmedicated IUI, 1 cycle with frozen anonymous donor sperm at home, DIY, and a year of cycles with sperm from a known donor. I don't even want to do the math anymore. I've had one confirmed early, early miscarriage, two more highly suspected, for a total of three.

I am a single parent by choice, my partner (in baby making) (AKA Known Donor) isn't my romantic or intimate or domestic partner, and he will not be parenting the baby, he's going to be like an uncle or friend of the family, something like that. We're open to the relationship evolving. He has great sperm counts, everything, truly amazing numbers, motility, and morphology. No signs of any male factors.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#4 of 454 Old 12-31-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Laura- Glad to see your moving forward, Iv'e been following everyone just staying quiet since we were on a break and not much to tell. So I remember almost everyone. Hope you get your answers quickly and can move on. As much as I wish none of us have to be here it is nice to have you here with us. Keep us posted.

FtMPapa- I am so glad your starting soon, I've read about all your insurance problems and it's bad enough to go through what we go through that we shouldn't have to deal with problems from insurance. Hopefully when you have your baby in your arms you'll forget all about those jerks. I added you to stims. Hope to join soon. BCP till the 6th and suppression checj 1/11/09. I had very bad OHSS last cycle and I told Re we need to stim much slower. He seems confident that i won't overstim again, it was a nightmare which is why it took so long for us to start another IVF. Good luck with stims and let us know how it goes.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#5 of 454 Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks, MomtoAlexis.

I ordered my meds today. I'm still just spotting, so they said call back tomorrow when you have official CD 1. I think what I think is spotting is what other people might consider CD 1. I dunno.

Anyone taking Luveris? I'm down for Gonal-F and ten days worth of Luveris, but last time on Gonal-F we did my IUI on CD 11, so I'm thinking that I probably won't use all the Luveris, or my instructions were wrong and I'm supposed to start it with the Gonal-F on Saturday. I'll talk to the nurses tomorrow and find out.

My schedule so far has me down for four days of Gonal-F and then an ultrasound and bloodwork, my clinic is weird in that they don't do a CD 3 scan.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#6 of 454 Old 12-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Thank you for starting a new thread! I'm so excited to be here. Just a few weeks ago I thought I'd never be doing this again, and then my mom surprised us by offering to pay for IVF. Crazy!

I guess you can put me under "suppression" -- I guess that's what it's called when your RE has you on estrogen/progesterone to mimic a cycle, right?

We had our initial consult with the new RE today and were pretty impressed with him. He wants me to have a hysterosonogram. Has anyone had this done? I had a hysterosalpingogram done years ago and remember it being VERY painful, even though they told me it wasn't going to be. So even though this is a different clinic and a different procedure I'm a bit freaked out.

He also wants me to do two cycles of estrogen/progesterone, so we won't start injectables until the end of February. I was really hoping to be starting the IVF cycle at the end of January, but oh well.

And also -- he's not a fan of PGD. He told us that there's a 10% rate of PGD being wrong, not only identifying embryos with chromosomal disorders as being fine but with identifying embryos that are fine as having chromosomal disorders. Our last RE never said ANYTHING about this. DH and I have a lot of thinking to do. I guess I'll do some more research.

Oh, and 5terre, my husband and his ex-wife had karyotyping done and nothing showed up that would indicate that either of them "caused" my stepdaughter's Down syndrome.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#7 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year to All. Stuck at work today for 12 hours so I'm going to try and make the best of the new year.

New Mama- Welcome. So glad your getting the opportunity at another cycle, that was so nice of your mom. I'm not sure about the pgd we haven't done that, but I always assumed that it was very accurate. I had the HSG done last year and had no pain at all. I took 2 Motrin right before I left the house and continued Motrin throughout the day and was fine. I've heard of some people complain of pain but the majority of people seem to have little to no pain at all. My suggestion would be to just do the Motrin thing in case.

FtMPapa-I took Luveris during my fresh cycle last January, I took it about 3 days before retrieval, total of like 3 Luveris shots. No side effects from it at all. I think it's suppose to stop the follicles at the size they are, basically just hold them at a certain size until ready to trigger. I'm not sure what meds I have this cycle. I go through Freedom Fertility and they left a message yesterday that they have my order but I was working yest and today so I'll call over the weekend. Re said it will basically be same meds just lower doses cause I have healthy ovaries and am at such a high risk for OHSS, duh obviously since I got it last time. Just taking one day at a time this time around.

Venting: So I love my Re and only dislike 1 nurse in the office. So this one nurse puts me in a room and then comes in and says "oh I need this room because it's a special OB room with a special ultrasound machine and your not OB." Gee thanks I know that already didn't need you to remind me. Dh and I always pray we don't get her when we go in. I'm a nurse also and I work in the ER, I wouldn't tell one of my patients I'm gonna move your room cause we got a dead guy coming in, well thats just me. lol. Just had to get that out. Feeling better now.

#8 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Momtoalexis Sorry to hear about your chemical.

laura Hi!

Newmama Does the 'sonogram' part in the word mean it's just an ultrasound? Glad your appointment went well. I've read different stats on PGD, at least in terms of false negative. The geneticist at the lab we're using in NJ gave us different stats than that (their own stats though). They are very careful to point out that PGD is not a definitive testing, that they still recommend CVS/amnio etc. I think when you have a known genetic problem it's different than when you don't. They are coming up with new things, it will be interested to see how much better it gets in the future.

Ftmpapa My clinic considers 'full flow before 12pm' to be day 1.

I'm stimming right now for IVF#3 with PGD. DH has severe MFI and a Robertsonian Translocation (which causes 2/3 our embryos to have the wrong number of chromosomes). I am 32 and we have learned through the first two IVFs that I have DOR. So I don't get a ton of eggs and unfortunately we need a lot of them to have any normal embryos to put back, and sadly we have not had enough to make it to PGD biopsy yet. We do have 5 embryos frozen from our second cycle, which we will add to any we get this time and pool them together for PGD. So I have high hopes for this cycle!! I expect my ER to be around Wednesday. Somehow we conceived a miracle 6 years ago and have a 5-year-old healthy DD. I know how lucky we are, but we are still trying for a sibling for her.
#9 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
Venting: So I love my Re and only dislike 1 nurse in the office. So this one nurse puts me in a room and then comes in and says "oh I need this room because it's a special OB room with a special ultrasound machine and your not OB." Gee thanks I know that already didn't need you to remind me. Dh and I always pray we don't get her when we go in. I'm a nurse also and I work in the ER, I wouldn't tell one of my patients I'm gonna move your room cause we got a dead guy coming in, well thats just me. lol. Just had to get that out. Feeling better now.
I would be annoyed, too. I would think they would get sensitivity training. Maybe they don't, but they should! One of the RE's at my clinic (not my regular doctor) did an ultrasound during my third IUI and said, just casually, "It looks like we're going to have to cancel this cycle" as if he were saying, "I could really use some coffee." I cried all the way home. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
Newmama Does the 'sonogram' part in the word mean it's just an ultrasound?
Yes, that's what it means. I guess they insert a catheter in the uterus and fill it with water so it expands like a balloon. Then they use a vaginal ultrasound to see if they see any polyps or fibroids. It sounds like this RE does this as a matter of course -- our last RE did not -- because I don't think I have any symptoms that make him think I might have a problem in this area. The nurse said that if there are polyps or fibroids they can impede implantation, since they're taking up part of the uterus wall.

#10 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM

Oh, and I did a separate post about this but never got a response, so I thought I'd ask here: Are you guys doing anything special to prepare for IVF?

I have two months of suppression ahead of me, so while I would definitely NOT diet during stims, I'm dieting now (on my fourth day). I only have about ten pounds to lose -- though even five would be good! My jeans are all a little tight and I just want to be more comfortable in my clothes. Not to mention I'd love to start a pregnancy at a better weight.

I'm also taking TONS of supplements. I have the MTHFR thing so I'm taking Folapro and B12 (my son was born with a sacral dimple, so I'm kind of worried about that). I just added Co10, L-arginine and DHEA to the mix, too. And I'm trying to be aware of eating enough fat and protein -- particularly closer to the IVF cycle.

I'd also like to do some ab exercises. I have a bad back and I'm thinking I need to strengthen my core. But then I wonder if it's a bad idea to mess around with that area of my body. Anyone know?

#11 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi All....
I just posted this in Fall IVF cyclers.. I'm not sure how this works. This is the 1st forum I've ever been on. Do we post on both just pick one?

Happy New Year Ladies !!!!!
I wish for all of us to have a happy healthy pregnancy and baby this year

Thanks for the info on PGD. We'll talk to the doctor about it. I don't think we will opt for it though. The cost of the ivf is already so high. I pray it goes well and the selection will be the right ones. But if doc suggests it, then we will somehow work it out.

I had my first lupron shot 5 minutes ago. Not at bad as I thought it was going to be. I am soooooo relieved. I'm glad to know how it is, instead of anticipating the worst. I thought anything with the shots are the stims. Sorry... I will start the gonalF on Sunday night.

Momtoalexis: Thanks for letting us know.

To a wonderful year !!!!!!!
#12 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 PM

MomtoAlexis, please add me to your winter IVF list. I'm planning to do an FET in February.

Thanks for starting the new thread.
Good luck to everyone in 2010. May we all have our fertility dreams come true!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#13 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 08:36 PM

Hi I'm crashing, but I lived on this board for several years and can't seem to keep away. I wanted to wish you all the very best of luck and give you my standard spiel..... One of the things they often don't tell you about doing an IVF cycle is how very, very constipated it often makes you. You are probably now thinking: that never happens to me. Well, it never happened to me either until all the wacky drugs, inactivity, huge ovaries snuck up on me and I had a terrible experience with it. Being badly constipated during ER is horrible. So start now and do everything you can to avoid it - lots of fluids, piles of lightly steamed veggies, prune juice, whatever it takes. For me, problems start as soon as I start messing with my hormones, so even bcps and suppression drugs get me. Take my word on this one.

New Mama - in terms of preparing for IVF, I wanted to suggest that you might want to see an accupuncturist or naturopath/Traditional Chinese Medicine practioner. Accupuncture can be very helpful as can some changes to your diet. Fertility friendly diets include lots of beans, omega oils, switching saturated fats for pumpkin, hemp or flax oils, high quality proteins, lots of lightly steamed veggies (apparently eating them raw makes your chi "cold" or something, for the same reason you are only supposed to drink room temp water, not ice water).

Anyway, again good luck, I'll keep stalking in case you need a (very) experienced mama to answer questions. (3 IVF's with ICSI and 4 FET's)

for 2010!!!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#14 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Ive updated everyone on top so far.

Wahine5- Glad you did well with your shots. I don't find them bad at all, the SQ ones in the belly are small, only the IM ones are big, I was doing the PIO shots last year and my butt is still sore if I bang it or something. I was gonna talk to RE to see if I could do suppositories this time around. Usually since we have a new thread the other one would retire since everyone in the fall cycle has finished it's easier to pick up on here and start fresh. It gets confusing I know, sorry.

CRM- Glad your here with us, pretty sure we cycled together somewhere. Hope your feeling well.

msgoodbuns-Glad to see your moving on quickly. I am very sorry about your BFN, I've been there and it's devistating, always be good to yourself cause no one will ever understand us unless they go through it. Just curios, do you have to fly to California again or will the FET be close to your home?

#15 of 454 Old 01-01-2010, 11:33 PM

MomtoAlexis, I haven't decided whether I'm going back to CA or going to ship my embies to MA and do the FET here. There are pros and cons to both. I'm concerned that I may need to save $$ to do a 2nd FET (trying to be realistic here) and so want to stretch my insurance dollars out as far as I can. It's probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

As for constipation, I've found that a very small bowl of All Bran cereal and 1/2 container of Activia yogurt help tremendously. Actually, it's probably the All Bran that does the trick, but I mix in some light vanilla Activia and water (no milk...weird, I know) and it works every time! Just be sure to drink lots of fluids (my drink of choice is decaf).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#16 of 454 Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM

OMG, I don't know if any of you have experienced this post IVF attempt, but I have just suffered the most debilitating cramps of my life! I spent nearly 3 hours on the couch after taking 2 Aleve's, using a heat pack, and felt so green I thought I would lose my cookies. I can't believe how awful these cramps were (and still are, although now they're more manageable...I can actually sit up for a bit). Usually, one Aleve and I'm fine in less than 20 minutes. Not today. Not even close. So much for my plans for the day! I think I'm staying put until I feel human again.

#17 of 454 Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM

msgoodbuns - That sounds so miserable. I'm so sorry. Are you feeling any better?

I'm starting stims tonight...wish me luck! I feel a profound sense of despair about this cycle. Maybe once I get some good news from the ultrasound or bloodwork or something I will feel better, but right now, I just feel like poo about it. I want to feel like it's going to work, but I just don't. I've gotta figure out how to snap out of this funk, and start eating some better food and taking better care of myself in the lead up to the retrieval.

Crazyrunningmama - thanks for the tip. It's happened to me each medicated cycle post-o, so I'm starting now on the veggies-water-bran program.

#18 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 AM

FtMPapa, thanks, yes, I am feeling better, but still have low level cramps. Too much progesterone, too plump of a lining. It all has to shed, and this is what that feels like!

I understand about not getting pumped up about the next try. It's really hard when you've been disappointed to such a deep level so many times. I wasn't even thinking my IVF DE wouldn't work, so when I realized I wasn't getting BFP's, my whole world was affected. Just digging my head out of the sand now, taking baby steps in all areas of my life.

Just hand in there and follow directions. The rest will come.

#19 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 AM

msgoodbuns: I'm glad you're feeling better. That sounded pretty awful. How soon do you think you'll do the 2nd FET? I'm sure it's kind of hard to think of that now. Thanks for the tip on all bran. I think I should start preparing for the constipation. I start stims tomorrow night. At first I thought any injectables were stims. I'm learning thanks to this board

FtMPapa: How are you doing? I was the 1st shot tonight? I hope you get real good news after the u/s. Its hard enough to do this, let alone not have good feelings about it. But I totally understand the feeling....
I take my first stim shot tomorrow. Lupron hasn't been so bad. I had a dull headache and insomnia yesterday. No headache today. I hope I sleep tonight. Anybody else have these side effects from lupron? It's the microdose: 40 mcg 20 units twice a day.

MOMTOALEXIS: My RE uses the progesterone suppositories. I think for the 1st trimester. Does this sound right? Thats pretty long.

So tomorrow night I take the gonalF and the lupron. Should I wait in between shots or can I take one after the other?
#20 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 11:33 AM

Wahine You can (and should for convenience) give them both at the same time, in different spots. I find the stomach to be the most comfortable, and I read some speculation that it may be better absorbed there, so I always give the most important one (Gonal-F) there.

Msgoodbuns Hope you are feeling better.

Ftmpapa Hope you start to feel more positive as the cycle progresses.

Momtoalexis I haven't had to do the PIO yet (never made it that far in my cycles). It sounds awful. I can't believe you're still sore!! Yikes. But statistically they say it's better than the suppositories, so it must be worth it.

Had US/BW yesterday and I am really down. Only 4 maturing follicles, there may be a 5th, and E2 is not that high. I go back tomorrow, praying for a few more to squeeze past the 10mm mark, you never know. I really thought I'd at least get as many as last time, which isn't that much to ask for seeing as it wasn't even enough to proceed with PGD. I feel like I can't get a grip this week, and feeling pretty blue and emotional, partly that's due to the meds, right?
#21 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 01:31 PM

5terre, (((HUGS))). I know how much of a rollercoaster this can be. Hang in there! I am crossing my fingers for you.

#22 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 01:35 PM

MsGoodBuns - that's great advice. Just hang in there and follow directions.

Ayup. There is something I like about handing over the decision-making to someone else.

5Terre Hang in there. The hormones can really mess with you. I hope there's a fifth or more there for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahine5 View Post

So tomorrow night I take the gonalF and the lupron. Should I wait in between shots or can I take one after the other?
My clinic gave me directions on mixing Gonal-F with the Luveris/Menopur...I don't know about how that goes with Lupron. Eventually, I'll be injecting the Gonal-F into the menopur/luveris vial, and then injecting the Ganirelix, swirling the whole thing, and then drawing it up with a third syringe to inject all three together. Fine by me, I don't even notice the Gonal-F syringe, but one shot is better than 3, right?

Have you guys done IM trigger shots in the past? Last month, I got instructions to do it SubQ but the package insert was all "For IM use ONLY" so I went with the clinic's directions.

In the past, my old RE and my OBGYN had the nurse give me the shot IM 24 hours before the IUI, but this RE is had me do it SubQ 36 hours before IUI, and this time around, 36 hours, SubQ before the retrieval. Thoughts?

I'm feeling a little better about this, getting into the swing of things a bit. I need to get some outside time soon, but it's so cold out there, I've been hibernating in my bed watching TV all weekend.

I still don't really believe this is going to work, but I think that's just the ugly you-don't-deserve-this voices in the back of my brain.

There's a little anxiety going on with my donor. He's explaining this whole thing to his parents and sibling over the holidays and it hasn't been going so well. Somewhere in the pit of my stomach is a fear that they will convince him to back out and I'll be stuck with a belly full of eggs and no sperm in sight.

I'm sure this is all just pre-IVF jitters, I'm just stuck in this-can't-be-happening-so-smoothly mode.

Shot # 2 tonight. . . .

#23 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahine5 View Post

MOMTOALEXIS: My RE uses the progesterone suppositories. I think for the 1st trimester. Does this sound right? Thats pretty long.
Wahine - sorry, can't help with Lupron, I've never taken it.

As for the progesterone, yeah, that's about right. It is pretty long because the corpus luteum cyst would typically produce progesterone (p4), but with IVF the cyst is disrupted so it doesn't produce p4 properly, and with FET or donor egg recipient, there is no cyst to produce p4.

This continues throughout the first trimester, and then the placenta takes over p4 production, so with IVF, we have to mimic that same hormonal support exogenously.

Hope that helps. . . I've taken the compounded suppositories in the past, from a local compounding pharmacy my old RE used, they were solid in the fridge, but once at body temp they became this gross, oozey, oogey creamy goo. 3X/day with that. Fun times. It made me insanely overheated and constantly hot, though it was June/July/August in Toronto when I did those cycles, so it's gross and hot anyway.

They're shaped like bullets, so I called them c**t rockets. It was the only way I could deal with them.

I'm taking endometrin this time around, my understanding is that it's a pill taken as a suppository, so it's less messy and gross, but I don't actually know yet.

#24 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 PM

FtMPapa, I have a donor here in Boston who is willing to travel some in MA to donate. He's donated to several women in New England, and many have become pg. I didn't, but it was probably b/c of my eggs, not his swimmers. If you want me to hook you up, PM me with your name and number, and I'll pass them along to him.

#25 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
FtMPapa, I have a donor here in Boston who is willing to travel some in MA to donate. He's donated to several women in New England, and many have become pg. I didn't, but it was probably b/c of my eggs, not his swimmers. If you want me to hook you up, PM me with your name and number, and I'll pass them along to him.
Nope, but thanks. I am not letting my anxiety about my donor mean anything. I worry about him and his feelings, since I've been at this a lot longer than he has and have experienced more set backs. I have a tougher skin, and I worry that his relentless optimism is setting him up for huge disappointment and hurt.

I haven't told him about how complicated the insurance was, or about the details with the first clinic that wouldn't treat me, because I don't want to make this hard for him. He knows the gist of it, but it wasn't him I was calling every time I got more news, you know?

I mean, his role is not to be my partner, he is a source of support, but I have friends whose role it is to support me 100%, whereas his role is to provide sperm and occasional support, and my role is to provide him with information.

It's complicated. And he is my 100% preferred option, but realistically, if things don't work out with him, I'm burnt out on KDs and I'll probably go back to anonymous, since it's so easy.

He really hasn't given me any sense that he's any less than 100% on board, it's just my doomsday worst case scenario spiral spinning out of control.

#26 of 454 Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone. Thing were busy here this weekend. Dh, dd, and I just returned from an upstate ny vacation. My in-laws have a cabin up there and since they have gotten older they don't use it anymore and have handed it over to us. We try to go as much as possible, its so tranquil and peaceful so I wanted to go relax before I start stimming.

msgoodbuns-Sorry to hear you were so sick. I'm not sure about that being the norm because I had really bad OHSS so I was in pain everyday for a couple weeks till it went away, since I wasn't preggo it went away pretty quickly. Hope your feeling back to yourself by now.

FtMPapa-I think everything will be fine. Your donor seems on board and I don't think anyone will change his mind. It's a big decision and I think he wouldn't of agreed to it if he had any second thoughts.
I also mixed my meds last year and it was great to do one shot instead of 3, that always a good thing. Oh and always follow the clinics instructions, there were some shots that only said IM but clinic told me do it SQ. Sometimes we drive ourselves nuts but in the end they know whats best, well that's what I tell myself anyway. I'm a nurse so of course I never agree with docs.

5terre-Hoping for you that more follies catch up. Hopefully with your frozen and fresh you will make it to transfer. This is such a rollercoaster and we are all very strong women for what we do and no one can appreciate that but ourselves. My family and friends will never understand how bad I want this and what I'm willing to sacrifice to get it. Hang in there and I'll be praying for you. Your right my RE always tells me PIO shots are better thats why he never wants to switch to suppositories.

wahine5-You can give yourself the shots at the same time, but in different spots. It's easier to get it over with at once I think. Good luck you will do great.

AFM-I'm in cranky BCP world and can't wait to be done. I'm trying to be calm but just flipped on dh because he made a mess in the basement with all his tools and new stuff he got for x-mas. Oh well he'll get over it. I shut myself in the room but everyone seems to find me, even the cat is scratching at the door. lol. Only 2 more days of BCP and then I'll have no excuse for being cranky. Hope everyone is doing well and treating themselves good.

#27 of 454 Old 01-04-2010, 01:05 AM

One or two?
I've been obsessing over this. I don't think I would ever regret having two babies, and back when I thought I had more or less unlimited IVF attempts, I thought single embryo transfer. Now, I'm starting to think double embryo transfer, since this may well be my only shot at IVF (at least until August....when I might be able to do another fresh cycle, with insurance coverage, which is a long time to sit out, for me).

I think I would always wonder "what if I had transferred two?" if this ends in a BFN and I only transferred one.

I feel like I can assume that I will have at least two embryos to transfer. Maybe that's dangerous thinking, but I'm not doing PGD, and I had six follicles on 150 iu of Gonal-F for six days, though my E2 levels were low, and this time around I'm starting out on 225 IU, and it's only day 2 of stims and I can already feel my ovaries singing to me about something.

I think I'm a fairly fast responder, in other words...but I don't really know.

Anyone know how many days of stims is typical? My clinic told me to count on 12 to 14, but it doesn't add up with the medication I have ordered. I think I'm way over-ordered on the Luveris, I have ten shots, and on the Ganirelix, I have five, and I'm under on the Gonal-F with eight shots, assuming I keep the current dose. IVF on a tight, tight budget is the pits.

Anyone know if I should expect to go up or down on the Gonal-F? Or could it really go either way? I want some certainty. I should probably just order two of the 450 IU pens so at least I won't get stuck with an opened, expiring pen I can't do anything with in the future.

#28 of 454 Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
AFM-I'm in cranky BCP world and can't wait to be done. I'm trying to be calm but just flipped on dh because he made a mess in the basement with all his tools and new stuff he got for x-mas. Oh well he'll get over it. I shut myself in the room but everyone seems to find me, even the cat is scratching at the door. lol. Only 2 more days of BCP and then I'll have no excuse for being cranky. Hope everyone is doing well and treating themselves good.
BCP is the worst, I've had to do two cycles of it, one just last month and one in the summer, of all the drugs and things I've tried, BCP and Clomid in July were the absolute pits. They made me CRAZY.

Though, I think I am seeing some crazymaking emotional effects from the Gonal-F this time around, I didn't have any last time around.

#29 of 454 Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post

They're shaped like bullets, so I called them c**t rockets. It was the only way I could deal with them.
This is right up there with calling the internal ultrasound wand a "dildo cam".

As for Gonal F, I have had my doses both increased AND decreased mid-cycle.

MOMTOALEXIS and everyone else wacked out on hormones. It is so, so hard. Why not just plan to hide in the bathroom before anyone really annoys you? Cause you know it's gonna happen. For me, it was the suppression drugs that really turned my dh into an a$$.... Or was it me?

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#30 of 454 Old 01-04-2010, 05:22 AM

FtMPapa: OMG... You crack me up... The progesterone suppositories sound incredibly disgusting. But if they work, then it's OK. I ordered 8 days worth of the gonal-F. I had no idea they increase or decrease mid cycle. I don't think they'll increase me. I'm on 600 iu. That sounds soo high compared to yours. I think the RE thinks I will be a poor responder. I don't know what to think.
How are you feeling today? You were sounding sad last night. I hope you're more positive today. I'm really trying to think very positive. As for 1 or 2, it will definitely be at least 2 (or more) if they think it necessary. This is are only shot.... We can't afford another. I think if I had the choice, I would do one at a time. Then again, I don't know. The choice if kind of being made for me.

crazyrunningmama: I have loaded up on veggies, prune juice and gatorade. I will not get constipated .

MOMTOALEXIS: The 2 days will go by quickly.... What's next after BCP? Well, you can move me to stims now. I just gave myself the gonalF injection.

5terre: How are you feeling? There is still time for the follies to get bigger, right?

I hope everybody has a great week. I'm off to work tomorrow. I have had some time off since Christmas. I'm really not looking forward to it. I feel like I'm going to be cranky and emotional. How soon should I expect feeling these emotions? I feel like I already lashed out at DH today. This was before the gonalF.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page