January 2010 Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 109 Old 01-02-2010, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive #1

anne1140~26, TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Done: blood work for both, semen analysis 4X, HSG, 2 ultrasounds (1 2D, 1 3D), and varicocele repair. Me: septate uterus, Him: poor sperm morphology and motility, possibly caused by varicocele (repaired now!). Next step: Semen analysis in January to see if the surgery worked, and trying in the meantime.

AutumnLaughing~32, TTC #1 since June of 2008, PCOS + possible endo, clear HSG, using progesterone cream, DH ambivilent due to unemployment.

Blueyezz4~Unexplained Infertility; TTC “#1” which is really #3 after losing #1 & #2 (twin boys at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 conceived after trying for 3yrs). We are back to ART gonal F and trigger shot/IUI. Fingers crossed!!

indianagrl~35, DH also 35. TTC #1 since 10/08 with hypothyroidism, possible other hormone imbalance.

Kimberly23~23, TTC #1 with PCOS, about to start first cycle of Clomid and Provera.

kristenok18~Starting up ART again after over a year hiatus (husband is in military).

laura-belle~TTC #1 since 5/2007. I'm 28, DH is 42. 7 failed IUI's, now moving on to IVF after a bit more testing.

miriam_bat_avraham~Julie, 27, TTC #1 with DH, 34. Trying off and on starting in Jan 2009 and actively since November 2009. DH is occasionally anejaculatory and I don't ovulate regularly. We saw an RE on 1/11 and will be proceeding with them, but we're going to try another cycle or two on our own first to avoid some of the testing.

MrsD08~Samantha, 24, DH 30, TTC Baby D. #1, with a sometimes anejaculatory DH. Saw a urologist on 12/9, he wasn't much help. Seeing a Urologist who specializes in male infertility in February. DH has low testosterone and *doesn't* ejaculate about 85% of the time, no rhyme or reason to when he does or doesn't ejaculate.

Pugmomma~stage 4 endo; lap 8/2007, TTC #1, DF has low count, 1/11/09 hsg, 1/15/09 SA

stretch358~TTC since Aug. 08 with hashimoto's thyroiditis. Other than that the RE says Unexplained Infertility.

Tear78~TTC #1 since 5/2008, awaiting laparoscopy to investigate and maybe remove possible endometrioma. TTC somewhat on hold until then.

wallabisfarm
~Sara, 29, actively TTCed for 2 years with endo, now, after a 4 year break (without prevention) we are trying again on a gluten free diet to heal from my gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

Trying To Conceive #2

amberc727~TTC #2 since Oct '08. Starting Femara this cycle.

AmyKT~34, TTC #2 since June '09. Briefly pregnant in August/Sept, but miscarried. Slightly elevated FSH and a short luteal phase. DH sometimes has subfertile sperm. Working on IUI #4.

brichole1214~25, DH 30, TTC for the past 28 months with no success. Already done 4 rounds of clomid treatments; has 6 yo child from previous relationship. Recently started seeing a RE.

Eastbayk~natural, TTC #2 for 3 years

lotusblossom9~28, TTC #2, trying Femara this cycle after Clomid didn't work.

lovbeingamommy~TTC #2. Dh has a possible infertility issue with a calcium channel blocker medication. Natural with assistance from holistic remedies.

mmpmelmack
~Melissa, TTC #2, multiple miscarriages & probable PCOS

Trying To Conceive #3

Kuntry_Gurl78~31, DH 33, TTC #3 after having a tubal ligation reversed.

mommyndoula
~Brie, TTC #3 with MFI (low testosterone).

quetinha
~38, TTC #3, back to Clomid after 4 Femara cycles

Trying To Conceive #4

Kel32brown~Kelli. TTC #4 for 36 months, m/c 10/08, 1st Clomid/IUI (April 2009) led to missed miscarriage (July 2009). January IUI #3, Waiting to Test on February 8...

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, eternalsunshine, tami1981, Jelinifer, Furrow, crazyrunningmama, claireb, Aly22681, BellyBean, booja's mom, Moondiapers, by-the-lake, Kiki99, Catubodua, mamasgirls, mischievium, Jelly Bean, Corikodjo, blueRhino, Voltige, songbird45, FayeO, LibbyLou, MeadowMom, blueyezz4, gumby74, nummies, Julia'sMom, Perdita_in_Ontario, Pookietooth, Laci, Oregonduck, nyteacher

Losses

Victorian Patch

Missing in Action
(A section for people who haven't posted to this thread in at least two months)
Becky8824, brandyshea, brittloup, DaisyMae08, KellyTTC#1, lady~laura, lalalola, MOMTOALEXIS, NorthSky, lovebug, wgt4miracle, blackapple, Crystal-mommy, KrysTTC, Needle In the Hay, Shadow22, Vermillion

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:
CD:
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since:
Plan for this Cycle:
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts:

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
#2 of 109 Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Everyone! Here's the new thread!

Question: Would it be okay with everyone if I organized the members by where they are in their TTC Journey (TTC #1, TTC #2, etc.) and added some color to the intro?

#3 of 109 Old 01-03-2010, 02:46 AM

MrsD08: Fine with me!

I'm currently twiddling my thumbs waiting to test. Only 7dpo today. I had an acupunture treatment today and see the RE on Monday. Trying to keep my mind off testing by reading some books I checked out today on PCOS and raw foods.

BTW it is FREEZING here in the Midwest

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#4 of 109 Old 01-03-2010, 05:30 AM

MrsD08: That sounds GREAT!!!!

I'm officially 7 dpo today and waiting to test (again i slipped and took one today!!!!!) I'm soooo ready for next weekend to get here! (i've had some cramping unlike AF cramps again today and i've been very dizzy most of the night) I hope we can get more people moved off the TTC area and into the Graduated area : ) that would be just WONDERFUL!!!

And indianagrl : It's cold down here in Alabama too!!! It's 17 degrees outside right now and i feel like if it's going to be this cold I'd rather be looking at snow falling down lol.....GL with your one week that's left to wait!!! I think we are going to be testing either the same day or a day after each other! I hope we get our BFP!!! I would love it if you would be able to call your RE after next weekend and tell them you don't need their help after all : )

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#5 of 109 Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
Hello Everyone! Here's the new thread!

Question: Would it be okay with everyone if I organized the members by where they are in their TTC Journey (TTC #1, TTC #2, etc.) and added some color to the intro?
Sounds like a gread idea Thanks for taking it over!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#6 of 109 Old 01-03-2010, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for the new thread! I love the idea! I'm kind of a smiley weirdo, though. Can you please change my blurb to say :
TTC #1 since 5/2008, awaiting laparoscopy to investigate and maybe remove possible endometrioma. TTC somewhat on hold until then.

THank you!

Oh, and I'm about 6dpo today and I had serious AF-like cramps and some brown spotting yesterday. hmm...thoughts?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#7 of 109 Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

I will fix the intro ASAP.

My BIL is in the cardiac ICU in the hospital 45 minutes away (the hospital near us didn't feel like they had the equipment nor speciality to handle his case). He was scheduled to see the surgeon on the 12th because he needs an aortic valve replacement, but now they think they will do the surgery this week, as soon as tomorrow! AHH! We were not prepared for this. We're flat broke and so is my sister. We're supposed to be taking care of her kids while he's in the hospital...I did a few loads of blankets so those will be ready, but we have no food for them and I haven't picked up the air mattress I was planning on borrowing from a friend. Listen to me...I make it all sound like it's about me.......I just want my nieces and nephews to be comfortable, you know?

AFM: 8 DPO, broken out skin, weird taste buds, exhausted and heartburn.

Tear: I hate spotting. It could be pregnancy related spotting, it could be sexual irritation spotting, it could be old lining spotting, pre-AF spotting, etc. And you won't know until you get a +HPT or . Sucks, huh?

#8 of 109 Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
I will fix the intro ASAP.
Looks good so far How are things going with your BIL/niece & nephew?

AFM: AF has finally started. I have an appointment for a saline sonogram on friday. I have been told to take Tylenol and Ibuprofen half an hour before. We'll see how this goes....

Also, could you change my blurb to read "laura-belle~TTC #1 since 5/2007. I'm 28, DH is 42. 7 failed IUI's, now moving on to IVF after a bit more testing." Thanks!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#9 of 109 Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 PM

Well ladies....i'm 8 dpo right now and i'm really about to go crazy! He's a list of sympt. i've got going on with me right now....

1. i'm peeing a LOT
2. I've had "Twingy" cramps (nothing like AF cramps)
3. been sick to my stomach
4. hightened smell
5. blue veins on my boobs are VERY noticable
6. a REALLY high cervix and it's really soft
7. i cried listening to a johnny cash song last night and the very end of 27 Dresses...i've seen that moive 100 times and this is the first time i've ever cried watching it.
8. boobs are sore
9. I can't seem to sleep enough lately (like i came home from work at 6am today and slept until 3 and still feel like i could sleep another 9 hours and it still wouldn't be enough)

I don't want to read into any of this because it's been too early for me to test. when i got pregnant with DD i was 8 weeks pregnant and the test wasn't showing up very good still. (that was almost 7 years when i took that test but still it took FOREVER for it to become dark enough for me to believe i really was pregnant!) (i took the test May 4th in the am and she was born december 14th). I'm just so ready to either get a BFP or go ahead and start my cycle so we can do another round of injections. ****this cycle started November 22nd, 2009***** Good luck ladies!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#10 of 109 Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM

10dpo and negative test this morning Maybe too early to test, but I'm not having any symptoms of anything either. Well, I do have sore boobs (but I have that before AF anyway) and last night I was dizzy. Time will tell...

Met with the RE yesterday and they are starting me on two rounds of clomid. If I don't get pregnant on either cycle of that we will move to more aggressive measures. Just feeling kind of blah about everything right now...

#11 of 109 Old 01-05-2010, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post
Looks good so far How are things going with your BIL/niece & nephew?
Thanks for asking...
BIL is having his surgery tomorrow. Nieces and Nephews decided they'd rather stay at home, except for supper time. But, who can blame them...they're all teenagers except 1 pre-teen.

#12 of 109 Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Hey all I have been missing in action since August. About 2 weeks after I found out our 4th IUI failed my husband left. Just checking in to see all the graduates and wish everyone good luck. I guess everything happens for a reason and there was a reason I didn't get pregnant. I know it will happen one day with Mr. Right and until then I'm ejoying life without having to take hormones

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#13 of 109 Old 01-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Becky I'm glad you are seeing this in a positive light. I'm sorry you've been through so much!!

afm - more spotting and cramping today at 8ish dpo. aaaaargh! Preparing for my surgery in just over two weeks. Wouldn't it be nice to be pregnant and not have to do it? ok...I would be freaked about the "anomaly" on my cyst the whole time...but it would also be great!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#14 of 109 Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM

New cycle started today DH say's that I shouldn't get too down, because at least I had a normal cycle. Starting Clomid on Sunday...any advice? I read that it can mess with cervical mucus; is there anything to help with that?

#15 of 109 Old 01-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View Post
New cycle started today DH say's that I shouldn't get too down, because at least I had a normal cycle. Starting Clomid on Sunday...any advice? I read that it can mess with cervical mucus; is there anything to help with that?

I've had good luck with green tea boosting cervical fluid (drinking 2-3 cups a day). You would just need to be careful that you are getting enough folic acid in your diet, since that can be decreased. If you are only using it during the first half of your cycle, it shouldn't be an issue.
#16 of 109 Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 PM

DH's post-varicocele repair SA is coming up in a week and a half, and I'm nervous already. I know it can take up to a year to see improvement, if you see any at all, and it's only been three months, but if it doesn't show improvement, I don't know what I will do. Probably act all calm and collected with the doctor and then bawl my eyes out later. Seriously, this is our last chance. We've decided we're not doing IVF (or sperm donation, for that matter), so if this doesn't work in the next 9 months, I think we're going to seriously move toward embryo donation and see how that pans out.

Assuming his results are better...I'd say we'd be talking IUI in the near future! I'm for the latter.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#17 of 109 Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Well, I started CD1 last night at 6pm while I was at work! I'm sad, depress, worried, scared, and so much more now that the 1st time in like a year i've ovulated and not gotten pregnant from it. (i know it takes time but we're working on 3 years of trying and it's hard to keep strong) Thank you ladies for being here for me to vent to! It really means a lot! I just don't know what to do. I just left a message for the nurse to call me back so i can get in to have my cd3 b/w and u/s done and so we can talk about when i'm going to start my injections again and how much we are going to do this time. I hope they keep me on the same dosage as last time but i have a feeling that my RE might up it a little bit. (as long as he doesn't up it too much we will be good!!!) Well, I just got off work and so i'm going to head to bed. I'll be back one later this afternoon. Thanks again ladies!!!

#18 of 109 Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM

So..im on cd20 of my 2nd round of clomid and still no sign of ov. Just as a side note ive had pcos since i was 16 (im 24 now) and was told prob never ov and if i have it was very little. Ive been getting a little upset about not ov and only had one test left for this cylce so i figured id try one last test just to see if i was oving late.... and i was!! I got a little smiley face instead of the blank circle i was so tired of seeing!! Youd think i got a bfp i was crying and so excited that i was oving!! So this was a very exciting day for me and i just wanted to share with everyone!
#19 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Okay Ladies, how's this for a predicament: My DH has been laid off for over a year. We found out yesterday that he was hired for a wonderful paying job, but one where he will be travelling all over the world. He starts next Wednesday and will be staying with my parents while he trains (1 1/2 hours from our home). Here's the problem: I start clomid on Sunday and we need to be BD the week that he is in Michigan!!! We are trying to figure out 1/2 way points to meet; I really have no idea what to do! Some of his family lives at the half way point, but I don't really want to ask them if we can borrow a room for a while, KWIM? Ugh, as if this TTC weren't difficult enough!

#20 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM

indianagrl, that's quite a predicament! I'm glad that DH found work. That's wonderful news! Maybe you can meet at a motel room, as weird as that sounds.

I guess AF is here today, two days early, since my 6 days of cramping and spotting got heavier and more red today, and I got a BFN. I guess either:
1)my body has lost the ability to make progesterone since I've been taking suppositories for the past 5 cycles and didn't this time.
2)my cyst is resolving on its own :
3)I didn't ovulate...although my boobs got REALLY sore and big
4)it was implantation spotting but didn't stick
5)WTF?!

Does anybody have any insight into this? I'm really confused, this has never happened before.

ps - I don't have any of my normal super painful AF cramps today. argh!

Remembering our 3 losses

#21 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM

Well, the doctor's office called me back thursday and had me come on in since they would be closed friday to do my b/w and u/s to start my next round of Menopur injections. The doctor bumped me up the 1 1/2 injections a day for the first two days then 1 injection the rest of the time until i go back to the doctor on Thursday 1-14 I'm really hoping that this works better than it did last time. (though i don't want to O on my own and i would rather have to make myself O with the Ovedril...that way we can make sure that we BD on the right days and KNOW that we catch it and not just PRAY that we do) I will know thursday though if i am getting close since they will do b/w and u/s (like they do each time that i go in to my RE's office). I really am ready for all of this to happen!

Indianagirl: I'm sorry that the timing is off for you guys...but i would totally look into at least finding a little motel to get your BDing on lol. And at least DH has a good job too...that will make this a little bit less stressful on you.

Tear: I don't know what to tell you about what's going on with your body...but i do know that my body is just as crazy right now and I think it's from all of the different medications i've been on in such a short period. I had a 46 day cycle this past month when AF finally made herself known to me. I pray that the cyst is going away on it's own...that would be great! I had one ruptuer when i was 17 and that SUCKED!!! I would guy AF is just being retarded this month! And if you have really really heavy flow it could have been implantion bleeding and just didn't take. If that's the case i'm sorry...the same thing happened to me this month...i had a chem preg because i was getting faint faint + on my IC tests and then here i am on CD3 now and it's still really heavy and clotty...it SUCKS!!!! Maybe this month will be better for us though! Then we can try for October babies!!!

#22 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 07:25 PM

brichole, thanks for your kind words. I hope all your preparation pays off this month! I'm so sorry for your chemical pregnancy. I had that a year ago, and it hurt very much, emotionally.

At the moment, my bleeding is actually still very light, though a mix of old red and new red. And on top of it, I'm developing some nice heartburn that's going up into my boobs somehow. I had that last year...right before the chemical pregnancy. But it was stronger then. I dunno. Thanks for the support! It all used to be so clear, and I used to believe my temps meant something. I used to believe bleeding was AF every time, too. Now everything is muddied and confusing and I don't understand a thing.

Remembering our 3 losses

#23 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 PM

So, I had my saline sonogram done and I will be having a hysteroscopy done sometime in the next couple of weeks. The joy. I'm not really very enthusiastic about this whole thing. They've put me on the pill in the meantime to keep my uterine lining from building up too much and of course the procedure itself will have to involve IV sedation. On the other hand, after I've talked to the surgery scheduler (who is supposed to call me on Monday), I can call up the IVF people and talk to them about timelines. That is good. *sigh* Taking another step...

#24 of 109 Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM

laura-belle, I'll be having a hysteroscopy with my laparoscopy. No fun. But I do look forward to the information it will give. I am glad you are taking steps. Let us know when it is! Hopefully the HSG cleared out to cobwebs in your tubes; they say that can happen.

Remembering our 3 losses

#25 of 109 Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Do you ladies want to start a Sunday check in? Or any other day of the week check in? Something like:
TTC #:
CD:
DPO:
Trying since:
Protocol/plans for this cycle:
Thoughts:
Link to Chart if Applicable:

If we agree to do it and what we can do for the updates I will add the exact wording to the intro post.

#26 of 109 Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 AM

AF came on strong this morning. I'll probably be quiet this cycle, since we can't try, but I'll let you know how the surgery goes. I have to say, I am truly, sincerely, looking forward to a "tww" with absolutely no wondering if I'm pregnant. Thanks for the support, ladies!

MrsD08, I would be interested in that, as long as I am allowed to flake out if I forget. Thanks for being such an organized threadmistress!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#27 of 109 Old 01-10-2010, 08:44 PM

That actually sounds like a great idea here's mine for this week:

TTC#: 2

DPO: 0

Trying since: September 2007

Protocol/plans for this cycle: I am on 112.5 Ul's of Menopur injectables for 2 days (cd 2-3) and then 75Ul's of Menopur injectable for the next 4 days (cd4-7)

Thoughts: I'll be BDing as much as pos. this week because i go back to the RE on the 14th and find out if we are close to Oing plus last cycle i Oed on my own really early from taking the injections so i want to make sure we get enough BDing in to cover us!!! I'm wishing all ladies luck this month..i think there's still a chance for several more BFPs for january! (we still have 21 days left this month!) I'm on CD4!!!!

#28 of 109 Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 PM

I go back to the RE in the morning to see if this round of Menopur has worked! I have faith that it will since it worked with the lower dosage! I just hope we don't end up with our own basketball team after all this lol. I really wouldn't mind having twins though. And if i could choose it would be boy/girl just like me and my twin brother! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way growing up! I always had someone to share my birthdays with even if my friends for got me and to this day we still do what we can to spend as much time together! I love my twin brother lol he's the best!!! Well, good luck this week ladies i hope everything turns out well for all of you!

#29 of 109 Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM

I've scheduled my hysteroscopy for this Friday. I'm really rather nervous about it now that it is imminent. I think my issue is mostly with the necessity of IV sedation rather than with the procedure itself. Hmm.

My next step is calling about IVF. I rather suspect that the step after that is going to be getting my medical records sent from Kaiser to the IVF clinic that we are using. I am oddly reluctant to start this ball rolling as well. Oh, and today is our 3rd wedding anniversary (and our third anniversary of TTC).

#30 of 109 Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM

...And apparently posting this was the motivation I needed to go ahead and call my IVF clinic. A nurse will be calling me back.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page