I think I belong here for now... I'm ready, so here we go! - Mothering Forums
Infertility > I think I belong here for now... I'm ready, so here we go!
Vermillion's Avatar Vermillion 10:08 PM 02-04-2010
I think I *may* have posted here before, but to keep my sanity I had to put all things TTC & fertility related on the back burner for a while and focus on other things. Now that my life is settling into place and things are pretty good in most areas, I am ready to tackle my fertility issues head on, picking up where I left off months ago.

Some background-
Conceived and birthed my DS (almost 8) in 02, no problems at all.
Conceived baby # 2 in August 07 on the first try, but unfortunately lost her at 17 weeks of pregnancy.

TTA getting pregnant for over a year after we lost her. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary with my cycles during this time.

After I felt emotionally ready for another baby we started TTC in April, 09. No success. Beginning in August 09 my cycles started becoming increasingly longer and I am up to around 50 days at this point! I don’t think I am even ovulating, but haven’t been charting because of the stress of it all! The last time I charted I Od late and had a 7day LP!

A few months ago I had my prolactin levels checked and they came back elevated. Big surprise there, I’ve had milk since my loss 2 years ago! I was scheduled for an MRI to see if there is a pituitary growth, but I had insurance issues and just put the whole thing on the back burner. I’m tired of procrastinating on this so I made an appointment to see a new midwife as mine left last month… I met with her today! She was RIGHT on top of things and referred me to a reproductive endocrinologist who I will be seeing next week! She seemed really committed to helping me get to the bottom of this, not just to be able to get pregnant, but to get some relief from the other issues I’ve been having as well!

Right now I’m thinking that if it’s not a pituitary issue that it could be PCOS. Besides the wacky cycles (which seemed to get really bad when I gained weight over the summer) I’m irritable almost all the same, other than during my period and for a few days after… and with 40- 50 day cycles, that sucks!! My hair has been shedding more, I’ve had some dark hair (just a few, but having always had light, short body hair, it’s an increase for me!) growth on my belly and inner things, and my leg/arm/pubic hair is getting longer and growing quicker.

I joined a gym the first week of Jan. and have been very faithful in going 5 times a week and working my butt off. I’ve lost 8 pounds so far and it seems to be helping with my symptoms. I’m also eating a lot stricter… Fewer carbs, healthy fats & protein. So, with improvement there I’m thinking insulin issues could also be at play.

So right now I’m excited… and nervous, anxious, terrified… but very relieved that I will be seeing someone who can hopefully help me get to the bottom of this!!

That’s my story so far! Sorry for the loooong post. If you’ve made it this far, thank you!

Tear78's Avatar Tear78 07:34 PM 02-05-2010
and s, darlin! I hope you find answers soon to help you feel better and get pregnant! I had NO idea how strongly my cyst was affecting me until they took it out two weeks ago, and I'm seeing huge improvements in so many areas of my well-being. I hope they find a solution like that for you, too, that's easy to fix.
goldfinches's Avatar goldfinches 11:34 AM 02-06-2010
I'm so sorry you're here. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sounds like it could be PCOS. Honestly, I believe so many infertility issues are somehow related to PCOS, and often, women only show some signs of having it.

Good for your midwife for refering you to an RE - they're the experts, and I can't stand it when regular doctors mess around trying to fix you instead of sending you to the experts right away.

Hope you figure out what's up quickly!
Up