What the hell? Trigger shot didn't work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, first, please check out my FF chart (in my homepage)

This is my first cycle on Repronex alone, 2 vials (last cycle was 1 vial Repronex + 100 mg Clomid, prior were 100 mg Clomid only). At the ultrasound, they said they could only see one follicle...which is fine, although with Clomid I would usually get about 3. So I did the HCG shot on the day they told me to (Monday), did the IUI, and waited...I thought it was weird that my temp didn't jump up, but I figured it was maybe doing a slow rise this month.

Then on THE FOLLOWING MONDAY, a full WEEK after the HCG shot, my temp goes dramatically up, just like it normally does the day after I O. This is about the time I'd normally O - it's CD 13, and I usually O on CD 14-16.

So did my body just not process the HCG or the Repronex, since neither of them had any real effect? Am I doing the shots wrong? (both are subcutaneous) Has this happened to anyone else? What should I tell my RE? (He dislikes charting, says it's old-fashioned and unscientific, so it's likely that he'll just pooh-pooh me. I really wish there was another one that was covered by my insurance)

AAARGH!!! I'm so ticked off that I missed the boat on this!!!
#2 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM

What size was your follie when they did the scan? I'm just asking because I've never seen such an early trigger? In any case I think FF looks like it could be wrong. Your previous cycle shows the same temp increase to 99 around 9dpo last month, so that's kind of in line with the jump to 99 around 8 dpo now. I don't think you missed the boat

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#3 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure what size the follie was. And the temp jump last month was because they had me on progesterone suppositories - I didn't use those this month (hated them).

Actually, for the record, I hate this whole process.
#4 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM

I hate the process too - it sucks. So what day did you trigger? It looks like you did your iui on cd 9? Is that right? Sounds way too early. When I used to temp a few years ago, the RE had no interest in them. I found them useful to confirm my ovulation for myself. This time around ttc I just can't be bothered to temp. I'm not sure what to tell you. It just seems like you triggered and did your iui really early.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#5 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 AM

I've done IUIs almost that early with injects. It's not totally uncommon to have cd 10 IUI, but that's usually if you're over-responding.

The trigger can not work if it's administered incorrectly. I've heard of people showing up for their IVF retrieval and they made a mistake with the timing of the hcG or they mixed it wrong.

Did you do yours yourself? Any chance you mixed it wrong?

You get 10 ml of diluent, and the vial of powder, but you only mix one ml of diluent with the powder....that's a pretty common mistake, I'm not sure why the vials come with so much diluent! It's asking people to make a mistake!

I always did IM triggers in the past, 24 hours before IUI, but my new RE did sub-Q triggers 36 hours before IUI or IVF retrieval.

I guess you just have to wait it out and see if the trigger was right or the chart is right, you'll know by the timing of your positive test, with any luck!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 AM

It is very common for a trigger shot to not work. Often, it's user error, but sometimes, the shot is a dud. It's always a good idea to take a HPT 36 hours after the shot to test that it worked.

Once again, Chesapeake me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page