Mothering Forum banner

Anyone had any luck with The Infertility Cure?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  OTMomma 
#1 ·
I got my copy in the mail today. I've looked through some and it's all very overwhelming - various supplements, exercises, and acupressures. I'm going to read it more in depth tomorrow and try and write down specifically what is recommended for DH's and my issues, but at this point, it just seems like a lot.

This book was recommended for me by a woman who said that she'd conceived after two months and her friend conceived after three. Has anyone else had success with this program?

#2 ·
Not on its own, though this book helped me through a successful ivf cycle.
I would say the most important things to look for is the personal questionaires about your body type and tendencies and the things you could add to your diet that are most relevant to you. Many women read this book and it leads them to acup. or TCM, but there are suggestions to take if you don't pursue that as well. Maybe ask the two women you know specifically what they changed to give yourself an idea. GL!

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Maybe ask the two women you know specifically what they changed to give yourself an idea. GL!
Wish I could! It was actually a customer of mine. I work in a maternity store, so the subject comes up a lot.

It's good to know that it helped with your IVF. We're doing injectables with IUI right now. My issues are overcome pretty well with the meds, but so far the IUI hasn't been enough to overcome DH's issues. So we're hoping that this will help us with that.

#4 ·
You know I just found it too many things to change. I did do acupuncture for several months, but that was before we actually did treatment. I would have reviewed it for ttc this time around but its packed up somewhere.

#6 ·
This book changed my life. After finding a paragraph that included all of my weird "symptoms" into one problem - low spleen qi? - I sought out a good acupuncturist...and never looked back to Western Medicine (at least, not with the same eyes!).

Who know that getting up to pee in the night, cold feet, short luteal phases and autoimmune problems were connected!?!?

Acupuncture (& Chinese herbs):
  • regulated my cycles
  • cured my lupus
  • helped me get pregnant 2 times (and helped with one miscarriage)
I tried several of the dietary-supplement changes recommended in The Infertility Cure. I still have a jar of black sesame seeds in the cupboard to prove it. But, there were too many things to change and incorporate into my life. I did make some of the changes.

#7 ·
OK, so I'm looking through this book and it seems really complicated and it seems like it's a lot of "Here's 15 things we'd look at if you came to us and a bunch of stuff we might suggest." There don't seem to be a lot of straightforward "Here's what you need to do if you have these symptoms" things. Did you have trouble with that?

I guess what I'll do is make a list of the problems it says I have, then go through and write down the suggested supplements for those problems. I'm thinking about getting one of those huge monthly organizers for all the supplements to make sure I'm taking them at the right time of my cycle. It's all so complicated!

#8 ·
I found The Infertility Cure to be a helpful handbook to work through while getting herbal and accupuncture treatment from a Dr. of TCM. It gave me additional background on what the doctor was doing. Between my appointments I did acupressure on myself using the points recommended in the book, some dietary changes etc. I think that the book would have been overwhelming to apply on my own. I saw some marked improvement in my cycle because of the treatment. I do think it contributed to a the healthy natural conception, pregnancy, and birth of DS.

#9 ·
I used that book to conceive #2- and I agree there is a lot in that book to ingest. My technique was to figure out what my worst problem seemed to be (based on my quiz scores)- I can't recall what it was now, but I remember that a huge recommendation for me was to give up eating diary, wheat, and raw foods. So I took one month to just work on just giving up the dairy, the next month I gave up wheat and raw veggies, and then the third month I worked on adding in all the good foods and accupressure and what ever else I could do. It seems like one of my diagnosis was "Cold Womb" or something weird like that, the suggestion for it was to do hot foot baths, I remember thinking- "I can handle that." So I guess I'm saying, don't feel like you have to do it all at once, just make a gradual plan and do the things you can handle bit by bit.

I conceived on month 4 with the aid of clomid, which the book recommended I try for my issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.