March 2010 Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 136 Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
 
GrapesBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
That's great news about DH!! Glad his swimmers are on the mend. What is your plan for this cycle?
Well...we hope to schedule the surgery this week before DH's baseball schedule (he's a high school teacher/coach) gets full on. Regular season starts next week which means games 3-4 days a week. If they can work him in to do the surgery this week, that would mean about 2 weeks of no BDing...which may or may not make us miss it this month anyway. I O at a different time every month it seems...between CD13 in December to CD26 this month. It all sort of depends on when the surgery is right now.

After the surgery, we will have to take another SA to see how high his count is again...and I'm just assuming that will be another 3-month wait. Our plan is to use OPKs and the Pre-Seed lubricant I bought during the wait before I can speak with my dr. about Clomid for me.

I will update when our specialist calls me back this afternoon.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
GrapesBunch is offline  
#62 of 136 Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 PM
 
CharlottesWeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope it works out!

Me (29) Normal
DH (30) Normal
CharlottesWeb is offline  
#63 of 136 Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post

The results showed that the count was up from 200,000 to just over 5 million!
HOLY CRAP!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

200,000 is a pretty dismal number, but 5 million?? That's do-able! Double that and you might have enough for IUIs... My husband never got any higher than 300,000 and even then most of the sperm were crap.

But YAY! Something worked!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#64 of 136 Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
 
GrapesBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
HOLY CRAP!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

200,000 is a pretty dismal number, but 5 million?? That's do-able! Double that and you might have enough for IUIs... My husband never got any higher than 300,000 and even then most of the sperm were crap.

But YAY! Something worked!
Thanks, LadyLaura!

Yes, that dismal number has had me pretty upset for the past three months. I told DH that if it never gets over 5 million, that's still so much better than 200,000. I'm still waiting for the doc to call me back to schedule the surgery.

Also, we don't know if this could be the issue, but DH was taking in 6-8 packets of Splenda every day. We had run out of sugar and someone had given me a whole case of Splenda so DH told me to put that in his coffee instead. After doing a little research less than a month ago, we found a lot of people blaming pituitary problems on sweeteners. DH came off immediately and has gone back to sugar and nothing else. Neither of us could prove it, but we have a hunch that the sweeteners (he had been ingesting them for around a year when he was first tested) may have messed with his pituitary. He has only been off for about three weeks, so we are hoping that maybe that kept the number from being any higher.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
GrapesBunch is offline  
#65 of 136 Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
 
lesliesara63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
I thought I'd never make it through the weekend and yesterday, but here I am on TUESDAY!

I started spotting Saturday mid-morning and was really bummed. Sunday I was an emotional mess. My temp was still moderate but I was still spotting occasionally. At one point I lost it and couldn't control the crying. It was terrible!

Still spotting but no AF yesterday...the day of the appointment where they were supposed to tell us if the Clomid worked for DH. The appt wasn't until 2:30 and I seriously felt like I was going to throw up any minute...ALL DAY! We both took off work early so we could be together.

The results showed that the count was up from 200,000 to just over 5 million! The doctor looked at us like we were idiots when we both had a giddy laugh when we heard the number. He then looked at the number from the first test and understood our happiness. So, obviously we are still about 75% lower than what we need to be, but oh so much better than before. We are talking to the doctor today to schedule an appt to get DH's varicocele fixed. The doctor is expecting numbers to jump where we need them after that gets fixed. YAY! I'm so excited!

By the way, today is CD 1. BOO! I do still feel that I was spared the devastation of AF while having the stress of yesterday.
I'm sorry about AF but YEAH on your dh's new numbers!! That is fantastic news!

Another bfn today at 14dpo so I think we're out. My friend is pressuring me to still go for my blood test on Thursday, but I can't be bothered. I may continue my prometrium for another day just to be sure, but the longer I take it the longer it will take for af to come. So whenever af shows I just have to call my old RE to start a cycle with him.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

lesliesara63 is offline  
#66 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blah. BFN at 13 dpo. Boooooo. Still getting little bits of brown spotting here and there... but I can't really see this going anywhere good.

Blood test tomorrow, regardless...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#67 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
 
MrsD08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fingers and toes crossed for you Laura!

AFM: Still trying for sample, whilst TTC...which can be more difficult than it seems, especially since I should O this week.

Not TTC, but not-not TTC...if that makes any sense!
for guidance while fostering dogs!
MrsD08 is offline  
#68 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
 
minkajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
minkajane is offline  
#69 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.
Taking a break is good. You'll definitely feel more refreshed whenever you decide to come back and try again.

And Italy... in June!!! It'll be absolutely gorgeous. Where are you going? I hope you'll get the chance to visit Tuscany!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#70 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
 
minkajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 5,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Taking a break is good. You'll definitely feel more refreshed whenever you decide to come back and try again.

And Italy... in June!!! It'll be absolutely gorgeous. Where are you going? I hope you'll get the chance to visit Tuscany!
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
minkajane is offline  
#71 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
 
GrapesBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.
Very cool, Jane! Enjoy your break and your vacation!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
GrapesBunch is offline  
#72 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
 
brichole1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 1,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Just wanted to give you ladies my final update. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and let him know that DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC. I just can't handle the thought of doing shots again starting next week, just to go through this again. So we're using our tax return to go to Italy for a week at the end of June. When we get back we'll try again.
The vacation sounds like a GREAT idea. I think this month of having to take a break for me has been better than I thought it would be. G/L though and be safe on your trip!!! I know you guys will have a wonderful time.



AFM: I know i've been MIA lately because my computer hasn't been letting me sign on for some reason..BLAH...I go this friday for my appointment with the RE after having to wait 3 weeks. I think this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life but I've done a lot of soul searching and realized that I obviously can't force my body to do anything it's not ready to do....and I think i'm going to insist on another SA for DH. I just have a bad feeling that there's something wrong with me and him together that isn't meshing.....I'm ready to finally get some answers though and talk to the doctor about maybe doing an IUI cycle this summer if we still don't have the results we are wanting by then.

s to those who AF has found and i've got my FX for those af still hasn't found!!! I hope this week has been a good one for everyone...even outside of the TTC world. I finally get to go back to work this weekend for 3 days and then i'm on my second week of administrative leave...i'm so ready for the end of the month so that I can finally get back to working full time!!!!!! Everyone take care!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

brichole1214 is offline  
#73 of 136 Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
 
lesliesara63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.

I hope that the break is good for you. Italy sounds beautiful! Please make sure to come back and tell us all about it. I want to hear about the food please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Blah. BFN at 13 dpo. Boooooo. Still getting little bits of brown spotting here and there... but I can't really see this going anywhere good.

Blood test tomorrow, regardless...
See you are a good patient. I went for the b/t last cycle even though I knew it was negative, but not this time. I just can't make myself take more time off work and sit in the waiting room again. Ugh.....feeling the blah sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
The vacation sounds like a GREAT idea. I think this month of having to take a break for me has been better than I thought it would be. G/L though and be safe on your trip!!! I know you guys will have a wonderful time.



AFM: I know i've been MIA lately because my computer hasn't been letting me sign on for some reason..BLAH...I go this friday for my appointment with the RE after having to wait 3 weeks. I think this has been the longest 2 weeks of my life but I've done a lot of soul searching and realized that I obviously can't force my body to do anything it's not ready to do....and I think i'm going to insist on another SA for DH. I just have a bad feeling that there's something wrong with me and him together that isn't meshing.....I'm ready to finally get some answers though and talk to the doctor about maybe doing an IUI cycle this summer if we still don't have the results we are wanting by then.

s to those who AF has found and i've got my FX for those af still hasn't found!!! I hope this week has been a good one for everyone...even outside of the TTC world. I finally get to go back to work this weekend for 3 days and then i'm on my second week of administrative leave...i'm so ready for the end of the month so that I can finally get back to working full time!!!!!! Everyone take care!!!
Have you not been having IUI's all along? We do one on every medicated cycle. I hope the appointment is good, with some productive ideas from your doc. Your admin leave sounds like a bunch of crap but hopefully you can put it behind you quickly. Will your co-workers hold this against you or are they understanding?

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

lesliesara63 is offline  
#74 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
We only have a week because of school, so we're spending the whole thing in Florence. This is our first time out of the country and DH and I both love art and architecture - Florence is perfect! I am beyond excited.
Florence! You'll love it. If you get the chance, rent a car and drive out into the countryside for a day. Everything around Florence is just breathtakingly gorgeous, and at that time, the sunflower fields will be in bloom.

I love love love love love Italy. Have you read Under the Tuscan Sun? That'll get you in the mood.

AFM- I'm going crazy. Still no AF, though I continue to see a little brown here and there. Already had my blood test this morning and am just waiting for my phone call later. Seriously, I'm going to kick myself later if I'm wrong, but I really don't FEEL like my period's about to arrive... We'll see. It's 14 dpo, so something should happen one way or another really soon...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#75 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 03:02 PM
 
CharlottesWeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Florence! You'll love it. If you get the chance, rent a car and drive out into the countryside for a day. Everything around Florence is just breathtakingly gorgeous, and at that time, the sunflower fields will be in bloom.

I love love love love love Italy. Have you read Under the Tuscan Sun? That'll get you in the mood.

AFM- I'm going crazy. Still no AF, though I continue to see a little brown here and there. Already had my blood test this morning and am just waiting for my phone call later. Seriously, I'm going to kick myself later if I'm wrong, but I really don't FEEL like my period's about to arrive... We'll see. It's 14 dpo, so something should happen one way or another really soon...
Ladylaura,

Praying for you!! We need some good news today. When do you think you may hear?

Me (29) Normal
DH (30) Normal
CharlottesWeb is offline  
#76 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
Ladylaura,

Praying for you!! We need some good news today. When do you think you may hear?
Sometime in the next 3 hours... gaaaah. Hopefully not while I'm driving!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#77 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Negative blood test oh well. I'm okay though I'll certainly spend the next day or two mourning. One thing that factors into using donor sperm is the number of vials from this donor- we have 12- and how that translates into the number of children we can have. That's not pressure i'm really okay with... On to attempt #3, I guess.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#78 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
 
CharlottesWeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep us posted!!!

Me (29) Normal
DH (30) Normal
CharlottesWeb is offline  
#79 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
brichole1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 1,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Have you not been having IUI's all along? We do one on every medicated cycle. I hope the appointment is good, with some productive ideas from your doc. Your admin leave sounds like a bunch of crap but hopefully you can put it behind you quickly. Will your co-workers hold this against you or are they understanding?

No, my RE wants us to try on our own before moving on to IUI's which personally i'm feeling like is wasting my time right now. I really hope we get good news tomorrow too though...that would be wonderful. It stinks that I have to be up so early but I can go back home and take a nap before the nurse calls me back and before i have to be at work tomorrow night. I agree with you that my admin leave is a load of crap but maybe someone else will do something else to make them mad and they will stop focusing all of their attention on me. I also hope that my co-workers will not hold it against me with what's happened although i know they have all been talking about me behind my back since i've been gone. It's crap but that's the way those people are. One day, people will learn to be nice but i guess until that day happens...i'll just live with being the topic of converstaion while i'm not there. I hope everyone is doing good...and i'm really loving all of the responses we've gotten so far.


On another note...if there's anyone who hasn't been added to the blurbs on the main page please send me your information so i can add you or anyone who needs their blurb updated let me know. I feel like i'm kinda lagging in my duties this month...but it's been one crazy month!!! Everyone enjoy the rest of the week and just think tomorrow is friday lol.....YAY for fridays...although i have to go back to work tomorrow night lol

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

brichole1214 is offline  
#80 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 09:42 PM
 
CharlottesWeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Negative blood test oh well. I'm okay though I'll certainly spend the next day or two mourning. One thing that factors into using donor sperm is the number of vials from this donor- we have 12- and how that translates into the number of children we can have. That's not pressure i'm really okay with... On to attempt #3, I guess.
I'm sorry Ladylaura! That sucks... You have the right attitude though- be positive and stay stong. It will happen! What is your plan for this cycle? Gee...I never thought of that. You want all your children to have the same father...that makes sense, so they will all be connected. Very cool.

We are all here to support you. I was really xf for you all afternoon

Me (29) Normal
DH (30) Normal
CharlottesWeb is offline  
#81 of 136 Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
 
lesliesara63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Negative blood test oh well. I'm okay though I'll certainly spend the next day or two mourning. One thing that factors into using donor sperm is the number of vials from this donor- we have 12- and how that translates into the number of children we can have. That's not pressure i'm really okay with... On to attempt #3, I guess.


Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

lesliesara63 is offline  
#82 of 136 Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 AM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
I'm sorry Ladylaura! That sucks... You have the right attitude though- be positive and stay stong. It will happen! What is your plan for this cycle? Gee...I never thought of that. You want all your children to have the same father...that makes sense, so they will all be connected. Very cool.

We are all here to support you. I was really xf for you all afternoon
Thanks. I think I'm always able to find the positives in all of this just because it's what helps me get through everything. I mean, I have a 90 minute massage scheduled on April 2 that I would've had to cancel if I'd been pregnant, and since it was a bacherlorette party, all the girls would've noticed... so I don't have to worry about that anymore. That's pretty much the only positive thing I can come up with right now...

Yeah, I mean, having our kids have the same donor is ideal just because I like the idea of consistency. They'll all have the same medical history and will be 100% related to each other. But... I'm starting to think about what it would be like if for some reason we ended up using more than one donor. Like, if we could afford the treatments and the cost of the sperm, and we wanted to have a certain number of kids, how would I feel about having our kids be from two donors?

The thing I have to stop thinking about is how we spent several thousand dollars on these 12 vials of sperm and now there's 2 vials gone. I really need to not be attaching a price tag to these vials because I know we will find a way to buy more vials (even if they're from a different donor) if we need them.

Lots to process...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#83 of 136 Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
brichole1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 1,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got back home from the RE and they said all but 2 of those old follies are completely gone...so as long as the rest of my blood work comes back good we get to start an oral/injections round this weekend and i'll get to go back for another u/s and more b/w either thursday or friday next week....but if my levels haven't come down yet then i will just go for another redraw on monday or tuesday and then go from there. I really hope they are able to get me to O by next weekend because that's the same week I got pregnant with DD 7 years ago and that would put their birthdays close. Even though I don't want another december birthday to add to the other 6 that we have in my family it would still be nice to be able to have a 2010 baby. We'll just have to wait and see though. The doctor said if this doesn't work he still has several other things in the works for me and DH that shouldn't break the bank yet.... I'll edit later to add my b/w results. TGIF!!! Everyone have a great and Blessed day!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

brichole1214 is offline  
#84 of 136 Old 03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
Even though I don't want another december birthday to add to the other 6 that we have in my family it would still be nice to be able to have a 2010 baby.
This makes me giggle. My husband says I always find something to make the due date kind of special - I can always line it up with a birthday, an astrological sign, a holiday, etc. This past cycle would've been a thanksgiving baby, so now we're trying for a Christmas baby. Don't know how I'd swing the following month - maybe aiming for my husband's birthday on Feb 4.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#85 of 136 Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
 
CharlottesWeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
This makes me giggle. My husband says I always find something to make the due date kind of special - I can always line it up with a birthday, an astrological sign, a holiday, etc. This past cycle would've been a thanksgiving baby, so now we're trying for a Christmas baby. Don't know how I'd swing the following month - maybe aiming for my husband's birthday on Feb 4.
I know right....my daughter was born 3 days before my Birthday on Nov 27th and came home from the hospital on my Birthday Nov 30th. If I do end up being pg this cycle (blood test on Monday??) this Due date would be the 25th of November. I do the same thing!

Good luck this cycle Brandy!

Me (29) Normal
DH (30) Normal
CharlottesWeb is offline  
#86 of 136 Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
brichole1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 1,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
This makes me giggle. My husband says I always find something to make the due date kind of special - I can always line it up with a birthday, an astrological sign, a holiday, etc. This past cycle would've been a thanksgiving baby, so now we're trying for a Christmas baby. Don't know how I'd swing the following month - maybe aiming for my husband's birthday on Feb 4.
That would be so cool... : ) my DD's b'day is December 14th. The doctor said that she was early but i know what week i got pregnant and it was the week that my ex's granddad passed away.. They were trying to count my 3 days of implantation spotting as a period. I JUST LOVE DOCTORS!!!! I was only 19 at the time so they thought i was young and stupid...i reality i had already done maternity clinicals with my high school a year in a half before then so i knew a little bit of what i was talking about then...oh well. I guess you live and learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottesWeb View Post
I know right....my daughter was born 3 days before my Birthday on Nov 27th and came home from the hospital on my Birthday Nov 30th. If I do end up being pg this cycle (blood test on Monday??) this Due date would be the 25th of November. I do the same thing!

Good luck this cycle Brandy!
I hope that your test goes well monday!!! Got my FX!!!!




AFM: Instead of editing my last post after writing this one i thought i would give my update from the doctor's office now :::::::


I start 5 days of Femera (2 pills at a time) starting tonight at 7. Then on top of that i'll be doing 4 days of Menopur on 150 IU's and then 3 more days of 112. I go back to the doctor on friday the 19th and we will see if these follies are ready to release by then!!! YAY for my levels being back to where they are supposed to be. Now i have to get ready to head to Target to get my femera before going to work....lucky for me it only takes 15 minutes for me to get my meds there !!! I am soooo ready for this to work!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

brichole1214 is offline  
#87 of 136 Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
 
lesliesara63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Laura you have a great attitude. I'm sure if you ever need to deal with the issue of separate donors you'll work through it at the time. 12 vials could easily be enough for you to have a family though.

Brandy good luck!! Are you going to ask for an iui? I've never heard of someone taking all these drugs and not doing one. Can I ask what the femara + menopur is supposed to do? I've also heard of clomid + gonal-f and I was just wondering how its different than doing only injectibles. If I don't get pregnant soon on Clomid I'll be asking my doctor about this.

AFM: I would gladly pay money to make my period start right now!!! I normally have a 25-28 day cycle. Now I am on cd35 It just feels like a slap in the face, I'm not pregnant but AF won't get a move on and get started either. I haven't taken the Estrace/Prometrium since Tuesday so it will probably come tomorrow. But the extended PMS phase is getting really old. I called to schedule my u/s with my old RE today. Even though day one will probably be tomorrow I booked it. The office is closing for March break so I wanted to get it taken care of. So March 23 @ 10 should be my first follie scan.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

lesliesara63 is offline  
#88 of 136 Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM
 
anne1140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AF started yesterday. It's extra hard, because just last week, a friend had a baby, and two days ago, another friend found out his was a boy. He's posting about it on Facebook twice a day it seems.

I'm also having a really hard time with anxiety lately. DH and I might take a break this month to adjust my meds. As frustrated as this makes me (it will be an increase), it needs to be done. I went home from work on Monday, because my anxiety was that bad. Sometimes I wonder if this contributes to our infertility. If it does, I don't know what to do about it. Because DH has only borderline sperm issues, it really does make me wonder if there's something else. I don't like that uncertainty.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

 

anne1140 is offline  
#89 of 136 Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
 
ladylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
AF started yesterday. It's extra hard, because just last week, a friend had a baby, and two days ago, another friend found out his was a boy. He's posting about it on Facebook twice a day it seems.

I'm also having a really hard time with anxiety lately. DH and I might take a break this month to adjust my meds. As frustrated as this makes me (it will be an increase), it needs to be done. I went home from work on Monday, because my anxiety was that bad. Sometimes I wonder if this contributes to our infertility. If it does, I don't know what to do about it. Because DH has only borderline sperm issues, it really does make me wonder if there's something else. I don't like that uncertainty.
I know how you feel. AF started for me yesterday, and it's been HORRIBLE... maybe the worst period cramps I've ever had. I was curling up in a ball sobbing because it hurt so bad, and that's after taking medicine. I finally was able to fall asleep for two hours and woke up feeling better. But I've had cramps on and off ever since yesterday morning. Nothing like a stark reminder that once again you're not pregnant.

On top of that, a friend IRL who was pregnant when we started trying 3 years ago is now pregnant with #2. Since we were trying during her first pregnancy, the two of us always talked about our first kids being close in age and us being pregnant at the same time. That baby is now over 2 years old and #2 will be older than my #1, if even close in age at all.

Funny how life works sometimes... I'm so grateful I have all of you here who understand everything I am feeling right now...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
ladylaura is offline  
#90 of 136 Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
 
MOMTOALEXIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
I know how you feel. AF started for me yesterday, and it's been HORRIBLE... maybe the worst period cramps I've ever had. I was curling up in a ball sobbing because it hurt so bad, and that's after taking medicine. I finally was able to fall asleep for two hours and woke up feeling better. But I've had cramps on and off ever since yesterday morning. Nothing like a stark reminder that once again you're not pregnant.

On top of that, a friend IRL who was pregnant when we started trying 3 years ago is now pregnant with #2. Since we were trying during her first pregnancy, the two of us always talked about our first kids being close in age and us being pregnant at the same time. That baby is now over 2 years old and #2 will be older than my #1, if even close in age at all.

Funny how life works sometimes... I'm so grateful I have all of you here who understand everything I am feeling right now...
Right here with you. Just got news in the last 2 wks of 2 friends preggo with #2 who started trying for #1 same time as us. I knew the day would come but your just not prepared to see your friends have 2 kids in 2 1/2 years and we still have not had our first together. I always just remind myself that its not a race and our baby will be cuter than all their babies put together.lol. Might not be nice but it helps me get through. Hugs to all you strong women who walk through this journey.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

MOMTOALEXIS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off