May 2010 Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 205 Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive #1

anne1140~26, TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Me: septate uterus, Him: poor sperm morphology and motility, possibly caused by varicocele (repaired now!). Follow up SA showed little change. Next SA in April. Trying in the meantime.

AutumnLaughing~32, TTC #1 since June of 2008, PCOS + possible endo, clear HSG, using progesterone cream, DH ambivilent due to unemployment.

Blueyezz4~Unexplained Infertility; TTC “#1” which is really #3 after losing #1 & #2 (twin boys at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 conceived after trying for 3yrs). We are back to ART gonal F and trigger shot/IUI. Fingers crossed!!

indianagrl~35, DH also 35. TTC #1 since 10/08 with hypothyroidism, possible other hormone imbalance.

Kimberly23~23, TTC #1 with PCOS, about to start first cycle of Clomid and Provera.

laura-belle~TTC #1 since 5/2007. I'm 28, DH is 42. 7 failed IUI's, now moving on to IVF after a bit more testing.

miriam_bat_avraham~Julie, 27, TTC #1 with DH, 34. Trying off and on starting in Jan 2009 and actively since November 2009. DH is occasionally anejaculatory and I don't ovulate regularly. We saw an RE on 1/11 and will be proceeding with them, but we're going to try another cycle or two on our own first to avoid some of the testing.

MrsD08~Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D. #1 since September 2009 with male factor infertility. Saw a new Urologist 2/23 and 4/18. He does not want to proceed with ANYTHING until we get a SA....UGHHHHHH!

Pugmomma~stage 4 endo; lap 8/2007, TTC #1, DF has low count, 1/11/09 hsg, 1/15/09 SA

stretch358~TTC since Aug. 08 with hashimoto's thyroiditis. Other than that the RE says Unexplained Infertility.

Tear78~TTC #1 since 5/2008, recovering from laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to remove 4-5cm endometroid cyst. Yuck! TTC on full hold until early March for full recovery.

wallabisfarm~Sara, 29, actively TTCed for 2 years with endo, now, after a 4 year break (without prevention) we are trying again on a gluten free diet to heal from my gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

ladylaura~Laura, 25, TTC#1 since May 2007, using donor sperm b/c of husband's genetic defect.

Grapesbunch~26, TTC#1 since August 2008. Currently on my first round of Clomid and praying for increased count for DH after three months of Clomid and a varicocelectomy.

shesaidboom~Nikki, 26, TTC #1 since '07. Have lost three. Taking Metformin for PCOS. Finished one cycle of Provera. Waiting to follow up with Endocrinologist.

AutumnLaughing~32, TTC #1 since June of 2008, PCOS + possible endo, clear HSG, clear SA, using progesterone cream.

Trying To Conceive #2

amberc727~TTC #2 since Oct '08. Starting Femara this cycle.

Eastbayk~natural, TTC #2 for 3 years

lotusblossom9~28, TTC #2, trying Femara this cycle after Clomid didn't work.

kristenok18~37, DH 39, TTC#2 since 2004 w/ PCOS and Multiple MIF issues. Did a failed cycle of Femera and IUI and planning a medicated IUI cycle for February.

Minkajane~ Mandy (pcos) & DH(low SA and poor morphology) TTC#2 since June '08. 4 months failed Femera/Ovedril cycles 2 were w/ IUI!

thtr4me~38, TTC #2 naturally since May '08 with 2 losses, currently undergoing a full infertility workup.

Trying To Conceive #3

quetinha
~38, TTC #3, back to Clomid after 4 Femara cycles

Vermillion~ 26, 17 week loss with baby #2 (no known cause) in 12/07. TTC #3 off and on since 3/09. Getting ready to see a RE in Feb. for irregular cycles, elevated prolactin levels and suspected pituitary growth or PCOS. TTA until we have some more answers.

Lesliesara63~Leslie (35), TTC#3 since March 09. Had an IUI and waiting to see if this took, if not will be going back to my old RE. Pos. have a bicornuate uterus, with unexplained IF.

Trying To Conceive #4

Kel32brown~Kelli. TTC #4 for 36 months, m/c 10/08, 1st Clomid/IUI (April 2009) led to missed miscarriage (July 2009). January IUI #3, Waiting to Test on February 8...

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, eternalsunshine, tami1981, Jelinifer, Furrow, crazyrunningmama, claireb, Aly22681, BellyBean, booja's mom, Moondiapers, by-the-lake, Kiki99, Catubodua, mamasgirls, mischievium, Jelly Bean, Corikodjo, blueRhino, Voltige, songbird45, FayeO, LibbyLou, MeadowMom, gumby74, nummies, Julia'sMom, Perdita_in_Ontario, Pookietooth, Laci, Oregonduck, nyteacher, AmyKT, Brichole1214

Losses

Victorian Patch, lovebug

Missing in Action
(A section for people who haven't posted to this thread in at least two months)
Becky8824, brandyshea, brittloup, DaisyMae08, KellyTTC#1, lalalola, MOMTOALEXIS, NorthSky, wgt4miracle, blackapple, Crystal-mommy, KrysTTC, Needle In the Hay, Shadow22, lovbeingamommy, Kuntry_Gurl78, mommyndoula, mmpmelmack

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:
CD:
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since:
Plan for this Cycle:
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts:

This is my first time as a threadkeeper, so please bear with me.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#2 of 205 Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM

Thanks for starting a new thread. I posted once in the April One Thread but I'll introduce myself here, too. Best of luck to all of us this month!

Name: Nicole
TTC #: 1
CD: 6
DPO (if applicable):
Testing: HSG (both tubes clear)
Trying Since: 2007
Plan for this Cycle: I'm on my second round of Clomid, this month I'm taking 150 mg per day on days 3-7. I'm also taking a baby aspirin each morning with my pre-natal vitamin along with red raspberry leaf tablets. I'm charting for the first time and have OP strips.
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.tcoyf.com/members/novanic/charts/1.aspx
Thoughts: Best wishes to everyone!

My chart is my home page.
#3 of 205 Old 04-28-2010, 12:16 AM

Thanks for the new thread. So last week at my u/s I apparently missed ovulation. I have never ovulated so early which was disappointing to say the least. I'm guessing that I ovulated the day before that which would have been cd10. So today cd16 I had spotting. The only spotting I've ever had was for two days before af, but it hasn't happened for several months. I have no idea what is going on this month.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#4 of 205 Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM

Nikki I also live in Ontario. You can get a referral from your family doctor or some walk in clinics. I've done it both ways. Most RE's require a referral, but you don't have to wait on your endocrinologist to do it. My sister got told many, many times she was young, give it more time etc. You're at what three years of ttc? That's long enough I say!

Laura you are having a great cycle!! I'm really excited for you.

I'm still having some spotting today. I don't really get what's going on this month.

#5 of 205 Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Nikki I also live in Ontario. You can get a referral from your family doctor or some walk in clinics. I've done it both ways. Most RE's require a referral, but you don't have to wait on your endocrinologist to do it. My sister got told many, many times she was young, give it more time etc. You're at what three years of ttc? That's long enough I say!

Laura you are having a great cycle!! I'm really excited for you.

I'm still having some spotting today. I don't really get what's going on this month.
Me too! I shouldn't get excited, though. It always just makes me that much more disappointed/prone to crying at the exact moment I find out, which is usually at work. Bleh.

(I am still secretly excited, though. )

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#6 of 205 Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Thanks for this! My family doc wont give me a referral either, but I never thought of going to a walk in. I'm going to try the family doc once more and if she wont help, I'll be taking your advice and seeing if I can get a walk-in to do it. Three years is definitely long enough!

ladylaura - I totally understand the not wanting to get too excited due to the possibility of disappointment, but secretly being excited anyway. I'll be excited for you incase you don't want to show it! I already wished you luck in the other thread, but I'm saying it again.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#7 of 205 Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 PM

I haven't really been keeping up here, sorry.

Today I'm trying to do more infertility research, which always makes me super stressy. But I think i may be making a little progress.

I did get my husband to start clomid, after a fiasco with the pharmacy lol. So I think mid-June it'll be time to retest him. I'm kinda sorta thinking of getting a microscope so maybe we can take a peek ourselves too.

I realized maybe I should check into local midwives who do well-woman care and see if any can take my insurance. They tend to be more wholistic and open minded and in fact just calling around in the past some have offered some VERY helpful advice, and that's how I managed to get on the right track to getting my Hashimotos and low progesterone diagnosed (after 12 years of struggling and begging doctors to test me). I still think my progesterone is probably too low. I still have agonizing cramping several days before AF and the first few days of, and I still spot several days before. Right now I'm on 100mg of prometrium every night, all cycle. I'm thinking I'd like to bump it to 200 or 300 O-AF.

I'm wondering about going on metformin or something like that. My doctors keep telling me I probably have pre-diabetes but no one wants to do any testing! I'm afraid of endos cause I know how clueless they are with thyroid, but I'm not sure where to start. I wonder if a midwife could prescribe something like that?

My husband is having testicular pain again for the last week. So I think it's past time we schedule another urologist visit. At least insurance will cover it for pain. This time I want more than just a quick manual exam. Last time we went to the Dr. that's supposed to be the local fertility expert, but I really felt like he barely did anything (quick manual exam, no follow up tests like ultrasound, nothing but hormone tests which came back normal).

Does anyone have any advice in any of those areas?
#8 of 205 Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM

Name: Rachel
CD: 5 (starting Clomid tonight!)
Trying Since: January 2009
Last cycle: IUI with donor, BFN
Plan for this Cycle: 100mg Clomid, hcg trigger, IUI with donor
Thoughts: I spent most of my adult life avoiding pregnancy and now, ironically, it's been difficult to conceive. DH (my only partner, ever) has serious MF infertility. I know so many people have been at this longer than I have, but it's not easy to be positive or patient.

Rachel (32) , DH (33), TTC since 1/09, MFI
Mama to three senior dogs and a foster dog (min pins)
#9 of 205 Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof.alex View Post
Name: Rachel
CD: 5 (starting Clomid tonight!)
Trying Since: January 2009
Last cycle: IUI with donor, BFN
Plan for this Cycle: 100mg Clomid, hcg trigger, IUI with donor
Thoughts: I spent most of my adult life avoiding pregnancy and now, ironically, it's been difficult to conceive. DH (my only partner, ever) has serious MF infertility. I know so many people have been at this longer than I have, but it's not easy to be positive or patient.
Yeah donor sperm!

It's hard to stay positive, I know... and especially when you have to go through detaching your husband from the process in addition to the struggle of not being able to conceive yet.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#10 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Dealing with MF infertility is hard... I am lucky to have a doctor that has been more than willing to work with us to find out what's going on. And I have a wonderful DH who has submitted to so many SA, tests, and surgery. One thing I would suggest if the doctor does find a varicocele, Airmide, is to have the surgery and ask for a testicular biopsy when they do it. It requires no more recovery time and the results can tell you if the "organ is a legitimate working organ" as the doctor put it. I am the kind of person who would prefer to know...if the surgery is not going to work because my husband is going into early testicular failure, I'd rather know now as opposed to 3-4 months later when I'm still not pregnant and another SA comes back with low numbers. Waiting a few days for the results was so much better than the original three months we had to wait to see if the clomid raised the count.

AFM: I am 5 dpo today and ready to start feeling pregnant! I am hoping for a BFP on Mother's Day, but trying not to get my hopes up too much...this is my first cycle on clomid and only 1 1/2 months since DH's surgery... If nothing else, this TTC stuff should all make us the most patient people in the world!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#11 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Pre-Weekend Wrap-Up

Name:EastBayK

TTC #:2

CD:38

DPO (if applicable):15

Testing: Yes

Trying Since: June 2007

Plan for this Cycle: Throw away the thermometer baby, 'cause we hit the jackpot!

Thoughts:
I haven't been to active on the thread lately due to being in grad school, but I've been following along. And I think I've finally willed myself pregnant because after 3 years, I've got a BFP!

In the last three years, we've dealt with job changes, DH's cancer and treatment and me returning to school. I was pronounced with "unexplained fertility" a few years ago, did clomid and femara a few times and then needed a sanity break. It's been almost 2 years since I saw an RE and we had actually been discussing going back for IVF in January. This cycle was completely unremarkable and I didn't do anything different although I didn't ovulate until CD 23 because I was stressed out over getting a paper turned in.

I have seen so many other people graduate from this thread but I had pretty much given up hope that it would EVER happen naturally for us again. Boy were we surprised!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#12 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 02:34 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Cristina
TTC #: 2
Testing: DH has his analysis today
Trying Since: May 2008
Plan for this Cycle: ordered Maca and planning on trying it this cycle. Considering taking baby aspirin to help with uterine lining.
Link to Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/220b29
Thoughts: This journey is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. Since we are still trying naturally, hoping we manage to time things right this cycle. Between DH's work (gone 4 days a week every week) and my trip to Boston coming up, we will barely see each other during mid-cycle.

And Kim, huge huge congrats! Gives me hope!

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
#13 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Pre-Weekend Wrap-Up

Plan for this Cycle: Throw away the thermometer baby, 'cause we hit the jackpot!

Thoughts:
I haven't been to active on the thread lately due to being in grad school, but I've been following along. And I think I've finally willed myself pregnant because after 3 years, I've got a BFP!

In the last three years, we've dealt with job changes, DH's cancer and treatment and me returning to school. I was pronounced with "unexplained fertility" a few years ago, did clomid and femara a few times and then needed a sanity break. It's been almost 2 years since I saw an RE and we had actually been discussing going back for IVF in January. This cycle was completely unremarkable and I didn't do anything different although I didn't ovulate until CD 23 because I was stressed out over getting a paper turned in.

I have seen so many other people graduate from this thread but I had pretty much given up hope that it would EVER happen naturally for us again. Boy were we surprised!

Kim
Congratulations!! You must be so excited!

#14 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, EastbayK!

What a great way to start a weekend!

I am one lucky lady!
#15 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Pre-Weekend Wrap-Up

Thoughts:

Kim
Wow, how exciting! A big congratulations!

My chart is my home page.
#16 of 205 Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 PM

A big congrats to you, Kim!! That is wonderful news!!!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#17 of 205 Old 05-01-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Thoughts:
!! Congrats!! You so much deserve this little one.

Hi, Ladies. Mind if I join? I'm kind of looking for my place lately . . . . use to post on the old 12+ thread in ttc - here's my wrap-up/intro:

Name: Tiara
CD: 2
DPO (if applicable): N/A
Testing: Not any time soon
Trying Since: 2001
Plan for this Cycle: Sitting it out, gathering meds for next cycle. I hope.
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15e65
Thoughts: Well basically we've been ttc forever. 3 mc's over the years. Many dr.'s and tests. Have finally, recently discovered that I have adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD) which plays into insulin and cortisol levels, energy and developing healthy follies/eggs, etc. Also have some clotting properties and will have to be on heparin the second we have a bfp - and it's been a while since we've had one of those. I tend toward annov cycles (also related to the gh issues). So, sitting out this cycle while my endo fights w/ insurance for the GH injections, we find the other injectibles either through insurance or RE has an overseas pharmacy he recommends and we hope to begin a bonafide injectible cycle in June. Finally.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#18 of 205 Old 05-01-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierrbugg View Post
!! Congrats!! You so much deserve this little one.

Hi, Ladies. Mind if I join? I'm kind of looking for my place lately . . . . use to post on the old 12+ thread in ttc - here's my wrap-up/intro:

Name: Tiara
CD: 2
Testing: Not any time soon
Trying Since: 2001
Plan for this Cycle: Sitting it out, gathering meds for next cycle. I hope.
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15e65
Thoughts: Well basically we've been ttc forever. 3 mc's over the years. Many dr.'s and tests. Have finally, recently discovered that I have adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD) which plays into insulin and cortisol levels, energy and developing healthy follies/eggs, etc. Also have some clotting properties and will have to be on heparin the second we have a bfp - and it's been a while since we've had one of those. I tend toward annov cycles (also related to the gh issues). So, sitting out this cycle while my endo fights w/ insurance for the GH injections, we find the other injectibles either through insurance or RE has an overseas pharmacy he recommends and we hope to begin a bonafide injectible cycle in June. Finally.
Hi Tiara! I remember you from 12mth+ thread way back. Good luck getting all that to fall into place. June is not far away at all!

#19 of 205 Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Been up since 3 am with tornado sirens going off...every time I drift off, they start up again. We already have 12" of rain and another 6" expected throughout tomorrow... UGH!

I am one lucky lady!
#20 of 205 Old 05-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Name:Julie
TTC #:1
Trying Since: 7/07
Plan for this Cycle: 3rd fresh IVF cycle. We did microarry CGH this time and transferred two embryos. Test will be 5/7
#21 of 205 Old 05-02-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder if stress of tornado sirens going off all night two nights in a row can prevent implantation...seriously, the last two days/nights have been a nightmare. On top of all the sirens, the approx 18 " of rain over the past two days is causing random streets to just cave in. We've also been told to get a supply of water since they are expecting all the caved in roads to start rupturing water mains...

I guess I say all that to say that I'm at 7dpo and no symptoms to speak of...just stuck in the house with another week to wait for symptoms and testing.

I am one lucky lady!
#22 of 205 Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
I wonder if stress of tornado sirens going off all night two nights in a row can prevent implantation...seriously, the last two days/nights have been a nightmare. On top of all the sirens, the approx 18 " of rain over the past two days is causing random streets to just cave in. We've also been told to get a supply of water since they are expecting all the caved in roads to start rupturing water mains...

I guess I say all that to say that I'm at 7dpo and no symptoms to speak of...just stuck in the house with another week to wait for symptoms and testing.
I think it's very possible actually. If prolonged stress can delay so many parts of our cycles, why not sudden stress due to sirens and natural disasters delaying implantation? I've been thinking about you and hoping that you're staying safe.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#23 of 205 Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

I was around when this thread started and have seen so many people graduate. But month after month it felt like I never would. I'll tell you, on day 14 when my temp went up .2 degrees (if only more people understood how such a little temp increase can make or break your day...), I decided to test, just to get it out of my system. I knew I would be wondering all day if I didn't. I just wanted to see a negative and get the hope out of my system. As I was watching the test, I even thought to myself "why are you even doing this, you know what the answer will be, why put yourself through this?". Then I saw what might have been a faint line. I was moving the test around to different angles and to get better light and sometimes I could see it and sometimes I couldn't. I convinced myself it was just part of the process and the line would disappear in a few seconds. But it didn't. And I ran into the bedroom and woke up DH so he could give his opinion. We were shocked!

I'm nearly 5 weeks along now. I have few symptoms- no nausea, no sore boobs, just tired every afternoon. I almost can't believe it still. I just keep telling myself "if you weren't pregnant, you would be bleeding now, so you must be pregnant".

Fierrbug- I remember you from several different threads before. As I recall you stopped TTC to focus on some relationship issues. Everything is worked out now?

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#24 of 205 Old 05-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rejoining the group. DH and I have decided to move ahead with IVF instead of continuing the Follistim/IUI cycles. We are currently working on the money situation (applying for grants, asking for donations from friends and family, etc). If anybody knows of any good programs, let me know! I don't know if we'd get approved for a loan, so I'm looking for a program that provides payment plays for fertility treatments, but doesn't require you to go to one specific clinic, since we only have one clinic we can go to. So if anybody knows of anything, that would be great!

Also, any tips/tricks/info on IVF would be greatly appreciated.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#25 of 205 Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

I have been absent for a few days but wanted to drop in and give this nugget...

DH got this fortune in his fortune cookie yesterday: "A long term goal will soon be achieved!"

We were immediately both convinced it means I'm pregnant...

I am one lucky lady!
#26 of 205 Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM

Name: Leah
TTC #: 1st IVF cycle/attempt
HSG: clear tubes
Testing: Not sure yet
Plan for this Cycle: Hi all, my name is Leah and I've been off the pill since the summer of 2007 but actively trying since Spring 2008 with no success! Started going to an IVF clinic last June and we found out that we have male infertility factors related to an uncovered chromosomal disorder that the DH has. Anyhow, I started BCP on 4/29, will start Lupron shots in a few weeks, then our retrieval (we'll know the date this Friday), then ICSI, PGD and then our TTW which will end at the end of June. Anyhow, it's been a long road and I can't wait to see if this works. I know it's only the first try but fingers crossed! My best to everyone who is going through this same process!
#27 of 205 Old 05-04-2010, 02:57 PM

GrapesBunch - Is the weather situation better where you are now? I hope you guys are doing okay. I LOVE the fortune your DH got and am very hopeful for you both. Keep us updated!

#28 of 205 Old 05-04-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesaidboom View Post
GrapesBunch - Is the weather situation better where you are now? I hope you guys are doing okay. I LOVE the fortune your DH got and am very hopeful for you both. Keep us updated!
Yes, it's better. It's not over yet as the rivers haven't completely crested. We have been very fortunate. There are a lot of companies that are hurting but it's amazing how few deaths/injuries we have had. Thank you for your thoughts!

I will keep you posted on the fortune as well! I don't plan to test til Mother's Day or 14dpo so I plan to get some Dollar Tree cheapies Saturday. If I get some any sooner I'll test early and start stressing! Have a great non-stressing week all!

I am one lucky lady!
#29 of 205 Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseyface View Post
Name: Leah
TTC #: 1st IVF cycle/attempt
HSG: clear tubes
Testing: Not sure yet
Plan for this Cycle: Hi all, my name is Leah and I've been off the pill since the summer of 2007 but actively trying since Spring 2008 with no success! Started going to an IVF clinic last June and we found out that we have male infertility factors related to an uncovered chromosomal disorder that the DH has. Anyhow, I started BCP on 4/29, will start Lupron shots in a few weeks, then our retrieval (we'll know the date this Friday), then ICSI, PGD and then our TTW which will end at the end of June. Anyhow, it's been a long road and I can't wait to see if this works. I know it's only the first try but fingers crossed! My best to everyone who is going through this same process!
Wow, sounds like me, and also in Boston! My husband has a Robertsonian translocation, so we did IVF as well. Turns out he had even fewer sperm than we thought, though... so we started donor sperm IUIs last fall.

Welcome...!

#30 of 205 Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Fierrbug- I remember you from several different threads before. As I recall you stopped TTC to focus on some relationship issues. Everything is worked out now?
Yep, my life imploded with some insane drama last September. Dh and I were seperated and heading toward divorce in fact. But thanks to prayer and some amazing friends/mentors we've come back from the abyss. So, yeah it's not been fun - but I'm glad we experienced these growing pains before there were kiddos in the mix. Thanks for asking.

GrapesBunch: Keeping my that your dh's fortune comes true very, very soon.

Cd6 here. My temps are crazy - but starting back on RE meds. Was suppose to have heard about GH injectibles by now - but if not endo said to call her office so they could contact insurance again and fight for these meds. So today I called and it turns out that my file is still on her desk from two weeks ago. Girl in her office said she hadn't even called or tried to fight w/ my insurance about the meds. TTC next cycle and oh yeah getting healthy depend on getting the prescription for these meds. I'm so mad. wth? Take your time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page