need reassurance early PG after loss & IVF - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday we received great news. My beta came back 1185 at 14dp5dt or around 20dpo. This was our 3rd FET cycle and we transferred our last 3 embryos (grade A). The first one ended in a m/c at 5.5 weeks. With the first one my beta was 116 at 10dp5dt or around 15dpo but did not double and started going down.
I go back tomorrow to see if my numbers double. I am a nervous wreck. Does this high number mean things are going to go well or do I have to wait to see if that number doubles? This was our last shot as all of our funds are used up and our insurance covers nothing.
There are far too many hurdles to cross even after receiving good news with IF!!!

Nicole
traditional food eating, AP momma, homesteading, crafty, infertility survivor mom ttc #2,
#2 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Nicole,

I'm sort of with you. I'm not doing IVF, but I'm under the care of an RE after 3 m/c in the past year and half, a bunch of testing, and 2 surgeries to remove fibroids. I'm pregnant now, naturally, but still monitored by my RE and on progesterone.

I am almost 6.5 weeks now. I had betas done every other day for the first six days of the pregnancy (172, 519, 1257). I don't think the number matters much, but whether it's doubling every few days. The nurse told me that the increase signals "so far so good." The next step is an early ultrasound (for me, tomorrow). Are they doing another beta in the next few days? If it doubles, it seems like you're in good shape for now!

It's a bitch, right? The wait between the early betas and the ultrasound tomorrow has been really hard for me! It's been two weeks with no information, which to most people probably seems normal. This is as far as I've made it, though! The next step is being able to see a heartbeat around 6.5 weeks.

I hope you get great news!!!

cynthia, 38 - high school english teacher, wife to a wonderful writer, expecting first little one in June 2011
#3 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 PM

(((hugs)))) It's so nervewracking! Next time we get pregnant if we get pregnant, I know I'll be the same... I just wanted to let you know that your numbers will start slowing and not doubling as quickly, so if they haven't doubled in 48 hours don't worry - it's okay! They slow after 1000.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#4 of 5 Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 AM

Congrats on a great beta. Just remember that the higher your numbers get the slower they are to double. My first beta at 9dp5dt was 116, at 11dp5dt it was 189. I was devistated to say the least. Thankfully they started going up after that and now my 8 month old is crawling around the floor. Good luck tomorrow!!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. Well I don't know if I will get my beta today or not. My nurse forgot to email me the orders yesterday. So IF she gets my message at 8 and sends them to me then I probably will not get the results back same day. I'm an hour from the lab and they suck at running things STAT. My RE is 6 hours away so all bloodwork is done locally and since we live in the middle of nowhere locally is an hour away for the lab!

This all sucks but hopefully this pregnancy will progress normally and all will be worth it.

Nicole
traditional food eating, AP momma, homesteading, crafty, infertility survivor mom ttc #2,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page