Reputable online pharmacies for cheap(er) IVF drugs? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey,

So, next cycle (should start late-June-ish) we'll be doing our first round of IVF. When the doctor laid out the costs, he said that the cost for the various drugs would be $2,500-$4,500 depending.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a way to get them any cheaper? This whole process is the single most expensive thing I have ever done, and I'm looking for ways to trim pennies while I can >.>

Thanks!

--Shabbers
#2 of 17 Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 AM

I have heard that freedom pharmacy is a good online place to go.

I have also heard that several women have had luck checking with the RE to see if other ladies have donated unused stuff.

When I did my IVF, my RE recommended a specialty pharmacy, it was a place that often compounded their own meds, it was the only place I could get my progesterone suppositorites. And, they had the Menopure for $250 for teh same amount that CVS had for $4k. However, my insurance didn't cover them. I then found out that the Kroger pharmacy down the street from them matched their prices, and my insurance DID cover Kroger. So, I got my Menopure for a $25 co pay.

So I suggest shop around your area. I didn't realize until I went through the IVF that there could be such a difference in price of meds from one pharmacy to another. Also, check with your RE or even with other offices to see if there's anyone they recommend. If your RE doesn't know of a good place to get stuff inexpensively, another office might, even if you aren't a patient there.
#3 of 17 Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 AM

My RE recommends freedom or schrafts. I would also ask your RE about donated meds. I know my re said if my insurance did not covert meds (I was in the middle of an ins change) that they usually have some donated meds which would cut down on how much I would need to buy.

DS 4/11

#4 of 17 Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I have also heard that several women have had luck checking with the RE to see if other ladies have donated unused stuff.
It's not uncommon to have meds left over from a cycle, and if it works then people often donate the meds to the clinic. My RE connected me with Freedom Fertility, and they're easy and good so far. Here's their phone number: 1-800-660-4283 (Am I allowed to do that?) Good luck!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 17 Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 PM

First of all, I'm sorry that you're having to do IVF in the first place. With that said, I've gone through 3 IVFs/ICSI/PGD-CGH and 4 FETs (everything OOP). I've used Schraft's and Freedom. Both were comparable. Good luck!

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
#6 of 17 Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We used IVFMeds.com

I don't remember $$ but that was the rec from our RE and I do remember they were much less expensive than any pharmacy around here.
#7 of 17 Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 AM

Village Pharmacy has saved me about $2,000. Very nice and helpful.
#8 of 17 Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM

my transfer day was 5/10/11 and the cost of my med was $6700 but i bought most of my med from others who finished their cycle and had left over med alltogheter i payed $1600

so google they are over their

#9 of 17 Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM

I am looking to start my IVF at the end of this month however my insurance does not cover ANY of my meds. I need help here!!!! I am looking for a place where I can get donated meds.

#10 of 17 Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM

I used a DesignRX pharmacy--it is a discount program and you can call around to find good prices.  I found them to be less than freedom, schrafts, etc.  Best wishes!

Me and DH, parents to:

DD1 (06/09), Twin DD2 and DS1 (born 3/12- 6 weeks early due to IUGR)

#11 of 17 Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanks!

I know everyone is different and there maybe more or less drugs involved for me. About how much did it run you approx. Scary ha!!!??

#12 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM

Hi,

I am curious to see how you did that. I tried to look for somebody to sell me leftover med in other community site, but it seems it is illegal to do so so the site block me out :(

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!

#13 of 17 Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 AM

I found towndrugstore.com to be much cheaper and very helpful.  Good luck to us all!

#14 of 17 Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 AM

Hi Sarah,

Thank you! I will definitely look into it. For the last cycle, I ended up using http://www.theapothecaryshop.com/

They were much cheaper than any other stores. I personally don't like Freedom Fertility. It is much more expensive than any other places and the name "Freedon Fertility" Scares my insurance!

#15 of 17 Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Thank you Sara! For my last cycle I ended up using http://www.theapothecaryshop.com/

They were very good, fast and cheapest.

I personally don't like Freedon Fertility. They are good, but expensive. The name of the pharmacy also scares my insurance company!

#16 of 17 Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Thank you Sara! For my last cycle I ended up using http://www.theapothecaryshop.com/

They were very good, fast and cheapest.

I personally don't like Freedon Fertility. They are good, but expensive. The name of the pharmacy also scares my insurance company!

#17 of 17 Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 AM

I would like to know if nobody else have order meds from towndrugstore.com?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page