Do you know of anyone that has gone overseas for their IVF b/c it's so much cheaper? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How interesting! I cannot believe you went through that many rounds and I am so pleased for you that you got there in the end. Was this ICSI? Presumably a combination of different things as I cannot imagine 15 ICSI cycles!

Based on your last email and the DHEA comment - I have just found a great website by Geffrey Sher in the US - though it seems he does not condone use of DHEA in older women with DOR. It seems though a lot of other women found it increased their egg count - so maybe I should give this a try before I start my next round.

I was referring to bloods monitoring after egg transfer where they watch to increase your progesterone levels if they fall after ET, or watch for immune issues / high white blood cell count so they can perform intralipid transfusion which negates N killer cells.

There is so much to read and so many nutrients  - royal jelly, bee pollen, vit d, omega 3, wheatgrass, etc etc etc that in the end it's so hard to know what will be the single factor that takes you over the line to pregnancy.

Do you think there was a factor that meant your last most natural cycle worked? And it kind of answers my question about travelling to Israel - as perhaps it makes no difference where you have the IVF as when your body decides to play ball then it will happen! What do you think?!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 PM

It was not ICSI - it was a natural IUI. I was diagnosed "idiopathic", after doing all 8 IUI cycles in 2006 with hormones, I had never every tried naturally. The doctor should have at least tried a few natural cycles back then, I just had 1 bad doctor. I do attribute a lot of the success with #2 to the DHEA, I was on it for 3 months. I was on a lot of other supplements too.

As for monitoring during the 2ww, I have been monitored for E2 and P, but not for immune issues. I know of a Professor Carp who does intralipid transfusions, I read about it, and I still don't understand how soy oil in my veins does something for NK.

I think anyone who is considering travailing for IVF is taking into consideration cost and health care quality, as for the body playing ball, who knows? I am sure that the right diagnose, and the right solution could make a difference.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow, this is a really old thread! I am going to Greece for donor egg IVF next week. It will be almost $10,000 cheaper than it is in the USA. There ar a lot of women in the UK who go to Greece, Spain, or Czech republic. I found a lot of info on fertility friends UK.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 PM

Good luck! I hope you have success!

User Tag List