July 2010 Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 121 Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
lesliesara63-Where are you in your cycle? Probably early in your next cycle they will do an HSG to get a look at your tubes.
Well, I'm waiting to o. I'm late with it though. I've had a lot of GI problems the past couple of months, and I've not been taking my vitex, which really, really helped with my cycles. So, I'm guessing that's why the o is late. But I can really feel my ovaries right now, so hoping it will be soon.

Thanks!

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#62 of 121 Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
Aggieamy, hi and I hope your stay is short and sweet too! I get what you are saying about not wanting to "get your hopes up", but for me I feel like I will be disappointed if it doesn't work out, no matter what, and the trying to protect myself by shutting out hope was almost more painful. I am trying to think of it as desire rather than hope - I know it sounds like an insignificant sematics detail, but I guess I feel like hope has an outcome attached to it and the potential of the disappointment side, but desire can be more, I don't know, pure? Like a BFN crushes my hope, but I can still hold the *desire* in a way. Good luck no matter what!
Thanks for the encouraging words and what a great attitude you have. Maybe I will try to be excited about it. I mean there is a 65%+ chance that at this time next month I could be pregnant. And at this time in 9 months I could have swollen ankles, a round belly, and a nursery that's just waiting. Ooh. I just gave myself shivers thinking about it. :

Married to Kevin - TTC #1 by IVF in August
#63 of 121 Old 07-14-2010, 06:09 PM

I'm not trying to pretend that I'm NOT totally crushed when a cycle doesn't work! I've been crying all day today pretty much. BUT, for me it was really important to hold the desire and to let myself WANT to be pregnant. I would not be any less sad now if I'd staed totally detached. I know this cos I'm done it both ways, and I know what works better for me. BUT, I know that it's different for other people - so I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

And man, I can't wait until we ALL get to worry about *normal* things like whether our (in utero) baby will have five heads or will end up being our polar opposite on the political spectrum!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#64 of 121 Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
milletpuff, I'm the same way. I've found that whether I hope or ignore, the end of the tww has brought crashing disappointment. It's easier, in the moment, to hope, since it doesn't change how I feel at the end. I'm sorry you've had such a hard day.

I'm doing acupuncture too...oh man, can you imagine what I would have been like without it? The therapist said that she felt my pulses were erratic and attributed it to the medication. We decided not to do the IUI, since we'd like to try for 5-6 follicles again, not 1-maybe2. I did do the trigger shot yesterday, though. My LH blood level in the morning was over 100, so I knew we couldn't wait any longer. Last night I had some AMAZING ovulation pain...I was SURE I had ovulated, but today my temp is still low. Any thoughts on that? Could the trigger shot hold it off so I O the usual 36 hours later (tomorrow 4am). Thanks for helping, all of you lovelies!!!

MFG, I believe in your hubbies super sperm! It could happen! Let's put YOU on the discovery channel!

Leslie, I hope your "break" helps ease this SUCKY journey a bit, and maybe it'll be just the thing....

zanelee, maybe we'll end up cycle buddies!

aggieamy, wow, I can't believe you had to pay all that and then the donor fell through. I have everything crossed for your upcoming IVF!

bluehairedwoman, thanks! It DOES suck!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#65 of 121 Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 PM

My temp usually doesn't go up the day after I feel O pains - it's generally two days later. I have no idea if that means I'm O-ing two days later or just getting a delayed temp rise. That's why I need a see-through belly!

I have also heard that "o pains" can be irritation/swelling of follicles that are gearing up to rupture, it can be the rupture itself, or it can be irritation from blood released in the area after the egg is released. Actually, last cycle (first on clomid), I had INSANE sharp pains on my right side for 2.5 days.

I don't have any experience with the trigger shot though, so I can't be much help there.

#66 of 121 Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
I did do the trigger shot yesterday, though. My LH blood level in the morning was over 100, so I knew we couldn't wait any longer. Last night I had some AMAZING ovulation pain...I was SURE I had ovulated, but today my temp is still low. Any thoughts on that? Could the trigger shot hold it off so I O the usual 36 hours later (tomorrow 4am).
When I was going through all of my injects cycles, my doc told me that it's not the ovulation itself that causes so much pain, but rather the rapid growth of the follicles- much faster than during an unmedicated cycle. So it's possible that you still haven't ovulated but you're feeling the last moments of follicle maturity right before the egg(s) are released. I hope that's the case! 36 hours is the typical time it takes. best of luck to you!

Mama to an IVF baby girl, Lennon Emelia, born 6/3/08! and the Junebug kitty... Missing the Jeddy and Ashes kitties
#67 of 121 Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
milletpuff, I'm the same way. I've found that whether I hope or ignore, the end of the tww has brought crashing disappointment. It's easier, in the moment, to hope, since it doesn't change how I feel at the end. I'm sorry you've had such a hard day.

I did do the trigger shot yesterday, though. My LH blood level in the morning was over 100, so I knew we couldn't wait any longer. Last night I had some AMAZING ovulation pain...I was SURE I had ovulated, but today my temp is still low. Any thoughts on that? Could the trigger shot hold it off so I O the usual 36 hours later (tomorrow 4am). Thanks for helping, all of you lovelies!!!

MFG, I believe in your hubbies super sperm! It could happen! Let's put YOU on the discovery channel!
I feel the same exact way each cycle girls. I keep on telling myself not to get too excited or get my hopes up but by the end I get so hopeful that this is it and then get crushed.

I agree with bluehairedwoman, I'm thinking its pain from rapid growth. I'd get to bd'ing though! Tonight or tomorrow would be some PERFECT timing for some nice ripe eggs

Thanks love! I really hope we did it this cycle. We caught 4 out of 5 fertile days with our bd'ing so i'm hoping out of the millions of sperm that ended up there a handful were normal and made it!!

Quote:
My temp usually doesn't go up the day after I feel O pains - it's generally two days later. I have no idea if that means I'm O-ing two days later or just getting a delayed temp rise. That's why I need a see-through belly!

I have also heard that "o pains" can be irritation/swelling of follicles that are gearing up to rupture, it can be the rupture itself, or it can be irritation from blood released in the area after the egg is released. Actually, last cycle (first on clomid), I had INSANE sharp pains on my right side for 2.5 days.

I don't have any experience with the trigger shot though, so I can't be much help there.
*if* I get O pains (which rarely happnes) I get it 2 days after O. If I have a really strong O I get morning sickness for a few days...odd huh?

AFM - Not much going on here! I'm just working through some customs (I knit) and getting ready for school. I think I'm 5dpo or so so I should know what the outcome is in a few weeks!!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#68 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 AM

Knitting! Hm, I can't imagine what that might look like, any pics?

#69 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Knitting! Hm, I can't imagine what that might look like, any pics?
LMAO! Well if I must

A custom I did for a mum expecting twin boys:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/SANY0462.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/SANY0463.jpg

another set for the same mum. The colors are questionable, but they grow on you and they match an ooga fabric perfectly!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/SANY0470.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/SANY0473.jpg

And some stripey mittens I'm making for ME!! Still a wip:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/SANY0477.jpg

and I'm just to the gusset on a pair of longies for another mum's daughter, but no pics yet And now you know what I do to keep my mind off the 2ww b/c these were all done in the past 1.5 weeks

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#70 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Well, went to the RE. Nice guy, hadn't had much sleep though.
He went over my history, did a physical exam, pap and some bloodwork.
My ovaries are fine looking, not shrivelled like I'm going through menopause (ahem, I am of advanced maternal age...ahem) but I do have what appears to be either a cyst or a blocked tube (ultrasound)
He believes that I probably have endo, and that the left tube is blocked from it.
He wants to do a lap and clean house, so to speak. That at the very least, it might give me some relief from the pain. And also would do the hysto...something...gram. Where they run fluid up through my womb and tubes to see if they are still open. I'm to come back in on my second day of bleeding for a blood draw for an fsh (I think?) and to see what my folicle reserve is...(it's all becoming a blur now)
If I elect to not do the lap surgery, he wants to do just the hyst...gram thingy. Once all that's done, we'll decide about IUI or if there's even any point in trying anything more.
So, no real answers yet.
What do ya'll think?

Oh! And my insurance doesn't cover anything. Of course.
But, he believes he can get them to cover this visit, as it can be coded to be more about the pain than infertility.

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.

#71 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM

MFG-Very cool knitting, by the way!
LOVE those colors!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you for this cycle.

#72 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 AM

MFG, wow! So super cute!!!!

zanalee, I'm so glad you had your visit. It sounds to me like the laparoscopy could be really beneficial, and at the very least it gives you a clear picture of what's going on in there. If there is endometriosis, they can "clean house" like you said, and then there's a pretty good success rate for pregnancy after that. Could you get that covered by insurance, because of the pain?

And the hysterosalpinogram (or something) is relatively inexpensive and not so bad. It was only mildly uncomfortable for me, and then you can see if your tubes are open.

I'm sure you're simply processing the tons of information they threw at you. It's overwhelming at that first appointment, and you should feel totally free to ask millions of questions to review next time. Have you thought about what your next step might be? Huge hugs while you take this all in! I'm kind of excited for you, because you're moving forward!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#73 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Thanks tear! It was a whole lot to process. I also forgot,he did mention using Clomid once we decide to go ahead and move forward. So, does clomid make you crazy? Not that I need any help in that department, but thought I might need to warn my family.

OH! And he also gave me a script for toradol, for the pain during my next period. Anyone take it anytime? It's got all these threatening warnings. (Seems like there's more than the usual for this drug)
A little concerned taking it. Thoughts?

#74 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanelee View Post
So, does clomid make you crazy?
O......M........G. Yes. It would have been nice to have been warned. Please warn your family, and remind yourself that you are not yourself while you're taking it. I don't know anything about toradol...sorry!

Remembering our 3 losses

#75 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 02:03 PM

MFG holy cow those are amazing! I LOVE the colors on the second set, I think they are beautiful! It would take a bit for me to be able to to make stuff for other people's babies, well, without crying. Bt I can also see how it could be nice to sort of focus on that intent and manifest it

Zanelee, if for some reason you can't get insurance to cover it, then ask for a cash or self-pay discount. The lab I got my HSG at charged over $1000 if billing insurace, but I paid about $350 out of pocket. That goes for just about anything, if you are concerned about cost and paying OOP. Sounds like a good and informative meeting, and, actually very similar to my first RE meeting 2 months ago! Also, I heard advice to take 800 mg of advil before the HSG and I followed it - it wasn't painful at all (just a little discomfort) but I have also heard that it's more painful if you do have a blockage.

Clomid did not make me crazy (well, any more crazy than all this IF bologna has made me!), but I also attribute that to acupuncture and herbs that my acu gave me. (I have also heard that acu can be helpful for endo, but I don't have any experience with that.) I was also on the lowest dose of Clomid (50). I would definitely do it again but I am also thinking about other stuff like injectibles to we'll see. I don't know about toradol, sorry. Lots of info to process for sure!

#76 of 121 Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanelee View Post
MFG-Very cool knitting, by the way!
LOVE those colors!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you for this cycle.
Quote:
MFG, wow! So super cute!!!!
Thanks guys!!

Quote:
MFG holy cow those are amazing! I LOVE the colors on the second set, I think they are beautiful! It would take a bit for me to be able to to make stuff for other people's babies, well, without crying. Bt I can also see how it could be nice to sort of focus on that intent and manifest it
Yeah, it did make me mist up a bit when she told me what she needed, but I firmly believe it is just practice for when I'm able to knit for MY newbie! B/c it's not a matter of if, its a matter of when!!!

#77 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Weekend Wrap-Up

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw
TTC #: 4
CD: 30
DPO (if applicable): 6dpo
Trying Since: April 2009
Plan for this Cycle: Not really anything special. I'm going to go get some b12 and prenatals and start taking them religiously
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.tcoyf.com/members/Amitiel/charts/14.aspx
Thoughts: Confused. Dh's follow up blood panel came back and it showed REALLY low on testosterone. His SA showed ok levels of sperm though so I have no clue what is going on unless this is a reaction to his new meds and now we will have to deal with a lesser amount of sperm as well. His doc wants to give him some testosterone shots and I told dh to pass on them for now. I'm not happy with the amount of research done on them and all I have found so far are negative (VERY negative) effects on fertility...including sterilazation

#78 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Name: Rainy
TTC #:1
CD:24 or 1... not sure yet... :-(
DPO (if applicable): 10
Testing: *$&%^
Trying Since: 2008
Plan for this Cycle: BFP in a few days??? Please!
Link to Chart (if applicable): I'm lucky if I write down my temps anymore... I've been charting for nearly 4 years... at this point, I put notes on my phone for CD1, CDs 11-16 (DTD time), and CD28 (POAS) every cycle....
Thoughts: I'm un-lurking because my IRL TTC friend BFP'd this week, as did another good friend who's totally not interested.

ARGH!
#79 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up

Name: Millie
TTC #: 1
CD: 11
DPO (if applicable):
Trying Since: April 2009
Plan for this Cycle: Couples counseling!
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21a674
Thoughts: Argh. That's about all right now. We will have our donor's sperm tested to see if it will freeze, but the clinic where he has to get it done is closed until Aug 3rd. If it freezes we plan to try fresh in Sept and bring back a few months of sperm and keep going. If it doesn't, we are back to square one.

#80 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 09:14 PM

MFG that just sucks about the sperm count. How incredibly frusrating, cos this was the medication that was *replacing* the medication that made it almost impossible for you guys to get pregs on your own, right?

#81 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 09:18 PM

And Rainy I hope it's NOT CD 1 for you! At work, I had a database guy come give me a training the other day, which started off w the pregnancy announcement and then continued for 15 minutes of complaining about hss wife's morning sickness. I know it's even harder when it's someone so close to you! and

#82 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 PM

Thanks Millie. On the outside, I'm all relaxed and calm about TTC... I'm trying to get my body to function normally, which will allow it to get pregnant naturally. I know that's what I want, but the emotions are just so freaking ARGH! I see so many pregnant women EVERY DAY, it just takes a lot out of me. I really don't want to go on clomid, injectables, or try IUI or IVF, I just want our little family to grow!!! Three mouths, eight feet, and one tail is seeming too small for me.

Thanks for listening... it's nice to have somewhere to break down once in a while...

Rainy
#83 of 121 Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy229 View Post
Link to Chart (if applicable): I'm lucky if I write down my temps anymore... I've been charting for nearly 4 years... at this point, I put notes on my phone for CD1, CDs 11-16 (DTD time), and CD28 (POAS) every cycle....
Thoughts: I'm un-lurking because my IRL TTC friend BFP'd this week, as did another good friend who's totally not interested.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you hun! I know what you mean about the IRL friends. Two of mine just announced they were preggers on FB and asked when we were going to finally get pregnant. Finally? Really? Like I have a choice in the matter? UGH!! Right there with ya hun

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Thoughts: Argh. That's about all right now. We will have our donor's sperm tested to see if it will freeze, but the clinic where he has to get it done is closed until Aug 3rd. If it freezes we plan to try fresh in Sept and bring back a few months of sperm and keep going. If it doesn't, we are back to square one.
Sounds like a good plan! I'm glad you guys have a donor that is willing to work with you though I hope it freezes well!

Quote:
MFG that just sucks about the sperm count. How incredibly frusrating, cos this was the medication that was *replacing* the medication that made it almost impossible for you guys to get pregs on your own, right?
Yeah, this new med is supposed to let the enzyme repair itself so they were 'viable' sperm again, but now his count is bottoming out. I just can't win! I went to the vitamin shoppe and got some testosterone support herbs and I'm going to see how that helps.

#84 of 121 Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 AM

MFG: Yeah, I try to keep up the appearances - that everything is chill - that I/we don't care that we're not preggo yet It's really like carrying a HUGE load up a steep hill - I can make it look easy, until you pile j-u-s-t-a-b-i-t more on top of the load, then I start whining complaining and wanting to quit/hire a helicopter.... (You will quickly notice that I'm the queen of bad analogies )

On a brighter note, to pull me out of the pit I was wallowing in this afternoon, DH sent me to the store to get celery and another bottle of vitamins, so I conveniently looked at and picked up a few other supplements that I haven't tried... something about having a plan makes it easier...

Now I'm scaring myself - I think that last thought can be said about suicide too... not that I'm considering that, or trying to make light of it... but I think I might understand how that can happen a bit more now - having a plan for the next cycle (and having the herbs/supplements on hand) makes it seem like the first cycle of TTC again.... okay... maybe the second or fifth...

--Rainy
#85 of 121 Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Zanelee I'm glad your appointment went well. Both of my sisters had endo and having a lap did them well. Plus if you can get your HSG at the same time then thats great. Can he bill the lap as treatment for endo?

MFG great knitting! I haven't knit for ages!!

Endlessly hearing about other peoples pregnancies gets so depressing after awhile.........

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#86 of 121 Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 PM

Thanks lesliesara. They are billing my insurance for the visit and bloodwork, and he believes that they should pay for the surgery due to the pain I deal with. Yippee!
And yes, he'd do the HSG at the same time, while I'm out! Sounds even better!

As for the weekend wrap up:
For me, I don't know where I am in my cycle. Temps are all over the place. I'm thinking AF may come in about a week.
Nothing too new to report.

How's everyone else doing?

#87 of 121 Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 AM

Zanelee - That's great news to hear that insurance is going to pay for (at least part of) testing!

--Rainy
#88 of 121 Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy229 View Post
Now I'm scaring myself - I think that last thought can be said about suicide too... not that I'm considering that, or trying to make light of it... but I think I might understand how that can happen a bit more now
Ok, my sister is going to totally freak when she reads this, but I have had this thought too once, in my saddest moment. (NO, Carlyle, I'm not thinking about doing it. YES, Carlyle, I know that's not the solution. And YES, I see how valuable my life is). But I can see how people can be pushed to it. I've never been able to see that before. It scared the crap out of me, and I know I need to look for the positive in life, no matter how hard or sad things get. I also need to remember that there is always a way out of a rough patch, even if it's hard to imagine taking the steps (ie, quitting your job, using donor eggs, looking into adopting, etc).

Remembering our 3 losses

#89 of 121 Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 PM

CD1... woo-de-friggin-hoo. Although keeping in mind my new "plan," I'm trying to think of month 25? 26? as a new adventure, rather than another attempt after that many fails...

Tear - There are just these moments of clarity when you're wallowing (or at least when I'm wallowing) where I can appreciate how someone in a completely different situation (that I might never find myself in) can feel EXACTLY the same as I do (in certain aspects) in my little wallowing hole. My new plan (adding lecithin and EPO...) is just enough to get me out of my hole and hope for the best...

Just hoping for a BFP this month, 'cause I can't imagine the hormonal, teary, whiny mess DH'll have to deal with if AF visits again in 2010. :-/

--Rainy
#90 of 121 Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up and New Member Introduction

Name: DextersGirl - Christi Johnson
TTC #: 2
CD: ???
DPO (if applicable): Only God Knows
Testing: No way. I have broken my addiction to POAS.
Trying Since: October, 2006
Plan for this Cycle: No plan...basically not hoping anymore...but I am hoping to one day be surprised
Link to Chart (if applicable): n/a
Thoughts: For the most part, I don't think about it, but when I do, it REALLY hurts. I went to church last Wednesday and found out that one of my dear friends (who married September of 2009) is expecting their first February 2010. I know I smiled and looked halfway normal as I congratulated the soon-to-be grandfather, but I also know that I walked immediately out of church so that no one would see my tears and assume that hubby and I are having troubles or anything else that people assume when they see tears. I didn't realize how much it hurt...so that's that. I pray to conceive, but I also know that God is sovereign. It's just that I am so human...*sigh*

I've been a member for a while, but I stopped posting once I realized it wasn't happening like I wanted.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page