Fall IVF Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awwww Tear  glad everything went fine you have and your little babies have been in  my thoughts all day.

Thanks for the advice. I think i'll do them in the morning then.

Maurine love the site I'm 1w 6d pregnant lol

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#302 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM

I actually just spoke with my RE's nurse and she confirmed that implantation definitely happens sooner like the first 48-68 hrs or so. (we did a 2 day transfer).  She also said all the nauseousness that I'm having is probably b/c of all the hormones that are in my body right now.  She said with IVF you actually at first can have even more hormones than you would when you are first pregnant, so that is probably why I feel so sick.  Aghhhh!!!!! 

Oh yeah... i have also heard that shots in the morning are better b/c then you use the muscle and it doesn't get as sore, but DH leaves for work so early it would really be a pain plus on the weekends I wouldn't want to have to be waking up at 6:30am to keep taking my shot at the same time each day, so that is why we went with a later time!  Oh well.

How are all our graduates doing and everyone else out there????

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#303 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Hi girls do you have any last minute ER tips?

#304 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

:hug  Breathe, and trust that all will be well.  It helped me to remember that I would get to sleep through it, and that it really is a minor procedure.  You'll be great!  Good luck! :goodvibes

Oh, and tell your hubby that you will not remember what you talked about with him when you wake up, so he should expect to have to repeat himself a million times.  I have no recollection of an entire conversation I had with my DH, even though I seemed really with it.  (blush)

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#305 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

(((((Tear)))))) - Thinking of you today and sending sticky vibes! I am soooooo glad it went well!!! jumpers.gif three little em-babies snuggling in!!!!!

Also, thank you for making the first page w/ our stats and keeping everything update--I appreciate it!

blueyezz - Take it easy and don't overdo it!

keria - I had physical therapy for a knee injury a few years ago and the PT said that real ice/ice packs ARE better than gel packs. They get colder. In fact, he advised me to put the bag of ice directly on my skin for up to 20 minutes w/out worrying about damaging the skin. So, I'd imagine it's ok to ice directly on the skin for the PIO shot. It's the only one I'm afraid of!

Maurine -- Hope you are doing well!

AFM - I love hearing about everybody's ERs and ETs--so exciting! I am starting Lupron next Saturday--YAY!!!!! Looking at my calendar, DH and I will find out right before Christmas, if everything goes according to plan. I'm enjoying acupuncture and massage very much! 

Oh--a recommendation for all mamas-to-be here: I recently downloaded Circle + Bloom's guided imagery/meditations for IVF/IUI. Somebody recommended them on another forum. They also have a series for a healthy pregnancy. They really relax me!

The site is

www.circlebloom.com

Thinking sticky thoughts for all!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#306 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 07:11 PM

Keria -  Just try to relax and know that there is nothing that you can do at this point but be relaxed and let the Drs do their thing.  Tear is totally right.... I woke up and didn't even know it was done even after I had walked myself into the room and laid down on the table.  Good luck and I'm sending you good vibes!!

Songtothemoon - yeah for Lupron coming up soon!!!  Thanks for sharing the link!!  I'll have to check it out...how much does it cost, do you know?

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#307 of 689 Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Tear.... Oh Lady, I am going to be stalking this TWW of yours every day!  I am so hopeful for you and DH... stick little babies, stick, stick, sticklove.gif

dust.gif

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#308 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 AM

Keria - I've been thinking of you and hope all went well!  This is the hardest day of the whole process so hopefully you are sleeping and feel better soon.  Let us know how everything went when you are up to it!!!  :hugs

#309 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Keria - I've been thinking of you and hope all went well!  This is the hardest day of the whole process so hopefully you are sleeping and feel better soon.  Let us know how everything went when you are up to it!!!  :hugs

:yeah  Hope you're doing well!

lisko, thanks love! :love

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#310 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Thank you guys for thinking of me they got 5 eggies and apparently could only do ICSI on 3 of them all with DHs Sperm so we are thrilled about that, now we wait for tomorrows fertilization report. Numbers are a bit low but we are hopeful. We will probably do a 3 day transfer on friday.

I still feel a but drunk but overall the ER was easy.

#311 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Oh honey, it only takes one!  I am so excited by your news!  They got three eggies fertilized with your hubby's sperms!  Grow little ones, grow!  I'm so glad they were able to use his sperm!  Keep us posted tomorrow!  :goodvibes

ps - did you guys end up going with the TESE, or get the sperms the old fashioned way?

Remembering our 3 losses

#312 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 12:52 PM

Yay Keria!  Glad to hear it went well and you are feeling ok.  Grow embies, grow!!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#313 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM

WE did it the old fashion way lol, DH dodged a bullet there, we also saved money on the donor sperm I have a feeling my three little eggs will fertilize and become big healthy embrios. Thanks for the love.

#314 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

I have a feeling my three little eggs will fertilize and become big healthy embrios.

nod.gifthumb.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#315 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 03:02 PM

First PIO done, wasn't that bad, thanks for the tips Ice pack worked perfectly.

#316 of 689 Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Keria - that is so great!!! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like the day went perfect... now you just have to rest and relax!!  Keep us updated!!! fingersx.gif  Will you find out tomorrow when the transfer will be???

#317 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 05:27 AM

I have two little fertilized eggies, be strong little ones and grow grow.

#318 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

I have two little fertilized eggies, be strong little ones and grow grow.

Wahoooo!!!! for two little fertilized eggies!!!!!  Peace.gif   When is your transfer Keria???

#319 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 PM

Transfer is on friday, tomorrow Ill get another update on our little guys, I wish i could be with them to sing them songs and knit little petri dish balnkets.

#320 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yay, Keria!!!  That's awesome percentage!  Grow, little darlings!!!  And I totally know what you mean about wanting to be with your embies.  Wait until you meet them on Friday!  :love

Remembering our 3 losses

#321 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Maurine & Tear - how are you guys feeling??  I so want to feel something, but I really don't.  The last time I was pregnant I remember the day before I took a HPT I told my husband that I didn't think our IUI had worked and I ment it, so who knows.  Just checking in on you both to see if you were having any feelings???  Thankfully my nausea is finally subsiding and I don't feel like I'm going to hurl all the time!!!

Keria - Yeah!!!!  That is great that it is on Friday so then you can rest the weekend away!!!  My transfer was on a Friday too and that made things a little easier for me!  Keep us posted!!  I loved your little comment about the petri dish balnkets..... I could so picture them in my head.  One would be pink and the other would be blue!!!!  So fun!!

Ratgrl & Slylives - How are you girls doing?  Any upcoming blood test or U/S's to share about??? How are you feeling?

Songtothemoon - Sat is coming right up are you all ready for that Lupron?? It's not bad at all!!!

Enigo - How are things going for you?  Anything in the works?  Hope you are well!

#322 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

blueyezz, I'm glad you're feeling better!  I am trying really hard not to over-analyze, but it's hard. I'm believing the best about my little ones because I think it's really important to hope and believe in this process working for us.  Sending you and Maurine implantation vibes, too!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#323 of 689 Old 11-17-2010, 09:37 PM

Sending EVERYONE good vibes--growing embies, implanting embies, sticky babies to ALL!!!!!

Also, I know it's not Thanksgiving just yet, but I teach theater/music/songwriting to kids & teens with autism, and we covered GRATITUDE  this week. I made a playlist with "What A Wonderful World," Dido's "Thank You," Alanis Morrisette's "Thank u" and others.

On the way to class, just listening to the playlist made me tear up with gratitude.

The teens and I wrote a gratitude song and during theatre class, each contributed something he/she is 1) thankful for and 2) what gift he/she wants to give to the world.

What they are thankful for: family, having friends, classes with no bullies, music, theatre, songwriting, the planet, laughter, and love.

Gifts they want to give to the world: Peace, end world hunger, acceptance, good health, Love for the whole Universe, funny jokes, understanding, and much more!

We women on this thread have experienced/are experiencing challenges with creating families, but wow, we have so, so much to be grateful for every day. Working with these kids helps me to count my blessings. They are so attuned to what is really important. 

I pray for beautiful babies for ALL of us. Sending love, light, healing, and growing families for each and everyone of us this Thanksgiving!

AFM/IVF - I'm psyched to start Lupron on Saturday. I can't believe there is so little liquid in the vial for the two week kit. It is really a small injection, isn't it?

DH and I are getting out of town--going to Joshua Tree for the weekend. It will be our last chance to travel prior to starting stims, etc., so we are really looking forward to it. We're renting a house, so we can take our dog, too. He's never been to the desert and I think he's going to LOVE it! I've taken to calling him "Desert Dog" this week!

OK--I may *try* to take a break from technology this weekend, so I probably won't check in this weekend.

See all y'all next week! 

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#324 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 AM

I think the hardest part will be after transfer nothing to do other tha wait and think positive. sending tons of implantations vibes  to you three are you testing before your betas?

Song so exciting you are starting already, time flies by when youare doing IVF/

Blue I'm glad you like it, Dh thinks I'm crazy lol.

P.S. My butt hurts ouch.

#325 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

blueyezz, I'm glad you're feeling better!  I am trying really hard not to over-analyze, but it's hard. I'm believing the best about my little ones because I think it's really important to hope and believe in this process working for us.  Sending you and Maurine implantation vibes, too!!!

Thanks for the vibes and right back at ya!!!  Don't worry, I'm staying positive, but I just think I'm looking for too big of a sign early on!!!! 

ps. I'll write more later, but I've got to run b/c I have a Drs. appt to get to. (nothing to do with this).

#326 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM

Song - Thanks so much for your words about thankfulness.  That was lovely.  Sometimes I don't post because it's "all about me" and I just feel too self-centered.  But I forget that I can post anything, and you reminded me!  Fingers crossed for your upcoming cycle!

Blue - Oh, I am trying hard not to obsess every little twinge and ping...it's hard!  Right now I am feeling tired, crampy, and my nipples really hurt.  But that's not unusual for me in the TWW.  I've been burned bad by pregnancy signs that aren't really pregnancy signs before.  In a way, I wish I had a new symptom to obsess over, but it's probably best to just try and "chill."  Are you testing early?  I haven't decided yet.

Keria - Good luck tomorrow!  And have a lovely, restful weekend!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#327 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 AM

Maurine -  I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessing a bit!  It's so annoying and I'm going to just try and STOP!!! LOL ROTFLMAO.gif We'll see!!!  I really haven't decided if I will test early or not!  It is so temping and I have like 8 $ store HPT in my bathroom drawer that have been there for a while now.  So I'm really not sure at this point in time what I will do.

Keria - Good luck tomorrow!  What time is your transfer?  I'll be thinking about you and sending implantation vibes your way!!!

Song - I loved your post!!  What a blessing you are to those kids!!!  I know I have a lot to be thankful for and I try to remind myself of that everyday!  I've got a roof over my head, food in my fridge, a wonderful DH and family/friends and a Dog that loves me no matter what - no matter what I have been truly blessed!  I hope you and your DH have a great weekend away!!!  How fun that you are bringing your dog with you!!!  We went to Hilton Head Island in Oct and DH and I were talking about how much fun it would have been to bring our dog with us.  He would have loved it and loved the water too!!  Sometimes it is hard to find a place that will allow dogs though or you have to pay a big fee.  We usually try to find someone to come to our house and stay here with him while we are gone so he doesn't have to go to the kennel!  He is just getting too old for that and I like to keep him in his normal environment and routine.

AFM/ off the subject - Saw my ortho Dr today for a post op appt after my surgery and it looks like I have to be off work for another month, which in some way is a blessing with these two little embroys in the oven, but also Christmas is coming and all these IVF bills  - I'm not going to even think about it !!! So I'm just going to use this time to make babies, relax and get this house organized!!!  Sounds like a plan!!  That's about it here.  I couldn't sleep last night for some reason, it was awful!!!  Who knows what time I finally fell asleep, but I remember seeing 4 something on the clock at one point in time! 

#328 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Blueyezz yes get completely better and stay at home with your babies, the rest will figure itself out, we are doing a cheap christmas this year the main present for eveyrone will be a Congratulations you are going to be a Grandma/granpa/uncle/aunt!!!

Transfer is tomorrow at 3 pm, i did not get an update becuase they don't like to take them out of the incubator, so I'll update tomorrow.

#329 of 689 Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Ratgrl & Slylives - How are you girls doing?  Any upcoming blood test or U/S's to share about??? How are you feeling?

I had my first real OB appointment on Tuesday. Pretty uneventful and unexciting. Just a consult really. Then they took ten (!) vials of blood from me. My next appointment is this coming Tuesday.

I also had my weekly progesterone/estradiol drawn on Tuesday. That one was not uneventful or unexciting. My progesterone is, for some reason, bottoming out. So even MORE Crinone has been added to my regimen and basically I have my fingers crossed.

#330 of 689 Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 AM

Hi - I am doing well, thanks for asking. I am now 10w4d. I had an ultrasound last week at 9w3d and everything was perfect. As an indulgence to me, my RE is allowing me one more appointment with him (with an ultrasound) in a couple of weeks before he sends me packing to my regular midwives.

I am amazed at how quickly I am showing. Although I am still not making any announcements, people can now tell I am pregnant. I am wearing maternity clothes exclusively. Although funnily enough, it still doesn't feel entirely real just yet. I toured a birth center last night and we discussed everyone's "hopes and concerns" for the delivery (it's a very crunchy place!). Everyone was talking about the importance of relaxing music, and lack of interventions, and hypnobirthing, etc, and it just seemed - idk, almost indulgent, to be wishing for such things. Honestly, the only hope I expressed was that I come home with a healthy baby. Really, that's it. If the only way they can deliver is to hit me over the head with a brick and use a folding table and a dirty knive (my little homage to Dirty Dancing...!) then fine. 

That's one of the things about having the losses I've had. Honestly, they have taken away lots of the joy and anticipation of this pregnancy. I look ahead to the next ultrasound, but no further. What is helping my general paranoia is avoiding any online boards, etc (hence my lack of action here.) My copy of What to Expect... is largely untouched, too. Maybe once I'm in the second trimester.

And yet, saying all that - I actually have a good feeling that this little one is going to stick. My progesterone levels are great and I was able to stop the PIO injections over a week ago - my nausea lifted almost immediately. Although I was advised to use heat rather than ice, because otherwise it can be hard for the oil to dissipate. It will clump together and form lumps all over your bum...

Sending lots of good vibes to everyone.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page