Fall IVF Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TEAR!!!

Oh I am soooo happy for you!!!   Yippeeee!!!  What an awesome Thanksgiving. 

thumbsup.gif

jumpers.gif

coolshine.gif

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#422 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Tearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy :joy :JOY I think I'm gonna cry!!!!!!!!!!!!

banana.gif

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#423 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, you guys!!!  We're both totally over the moon, and I think we both feel a little lost, like holy cow now what?  I'm so hoping that our little ones are growing healthy and strong in there. :joy

Keria, I just wanted to say that it is totally normal to have a hard time staying positive, and most of my positive attitude was a front.  This morning I was sick to my stomach with worry and convinced that today's news was going to be negative.  I know it's so different to say this after I know my test results, but hang in there!  Keep us posted, hon!

Maurine, good to hear that you're still feeling good!  I'll send you super good vibes for your Sunday beta!

missme, thank you so much for the well wishes!  I will add you to the front page.  Welcome!

Silverbird, congrats on the appointment!  I'm so sorry to hear about the waiting list, though.  That stinks!  I feel like I fell a$$ backwards into the best clinic I could ask for.  They treat patients like people, and they believe in using eastern and western treatments.  I would definitely see if you can find a place that will listen to your story and be thorough, that will treat your case individually instead of with a standard protocol.  Every infertility case is slightly different, so if you have the choice between places, meet with several and trust your gut after the consult.  I think you asked about diet, too right?  Here are some changes I made leading up to this IVF: I cut out dairy almost exclusively (my acupuncturist told me it could reduce inflammation).  I have been doing acupuncture since June (about twice a month, then twice on the day of transfer).  I also started taking herbs that my acupuncturist recommended, and I really think they made a big difference for me.  During the cycle, I was taking baby aspirin, fish oil, levothyroxine (for slightly high TSH levels), and after retrieval I started lovenox (blood thinner to prevent clotting between the embryos and my uterus), Crinone suppositories, and progesterone in oil shots.  It is quite the program, but worth it.  Good luck with your consult!

songtothemoon, welcome home!  I am so glad you had a good time in Joshua Tree, though I'm sorry DH was down for the count.  Hooray for starting stims soon!!!  C'mon, follies!!!  I think lupron did make me feel spacey, but I don't remember for sure.  Definitely injecting yourself with hormones is going to affect you, but hang in there and tell your DH it's his job to be the nice one!

ok, I have to go bake some turkey!  Lots of love to you, ladies!!!  Happy Thanksgiving, to those who celebrate!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#424 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 03:53 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tear! Yippee! I wasn't going to have a second glass of wine tonight but now I am having one for you (ya know, since your knocked up and can't have one yourself)

XOXOXO

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#425 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 05:57 PM

TEAR!!!  partytime.gif

I am so extraordinarily happy for you and DH!  I've been thinking about you all day and just couldn't get to a computer. 

I can't wait to follow you through this pregnancy!  Have you let the rest of the Former BSLs know?  Come over to that thread when you feel comfy with it!!!!

Oh I could just jump up and down!!!! 

love.gif

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#426 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 PM

TEAR- What a wonderful Thanksgiving present. So thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#427 of 689 Old 11-25-2010, 06:38 PM

Stalker to Tear here!! bouncy.gifbouncy.gif

I am in tears with happiness for you, I responded to you in the BSL thread, please read it XOXO 

Whatever will be, already is...

#428 of 689 Old 11-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Maurine, Tear  What fantastic news!!!! Congratulations - did this Fall IVF thread have amazing success or what? (We rock.)banana.gif

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#429 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylives View Post

Maurine, Tear  What fantastic news!!!! Congratulations - did this Fall IVF thread have amazing success or what? (We rock.)banana.gif

Blueyezz, too!

#430 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 08:34 AM

Wahoooo!!!  joy.gifMy numbers doubled like they were suppose to, so that is GREAT!!  OB U/S scheduled for this coming Thurs!!!!  I will feel a lot better after that!!!  The only issue was that my TSH (thyroid) is off... it is up to 6.6 which I think is even higher than it was last March when I started meds.  I have read that Estrogen drugs can mess with your thyroid medication.  If I remember right when you are TTC they want your level to be around 2.5 (is that right)?  I wonder where they want it to be when you are pregnant??  Anyone know?  The TSH really wasn't even on my script to get checked today, but I talked the RE's nurse into checking it as well b/c I just had a hunch!  Always listen to your body, you know it better than anyone else!!!  Sure glad I talked her into it.

Tear - are you still in CA?  Will you get your numbers today too?  Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Maurine - how are you feeling???  What's next for you?  When is your U/S???

Keria - did you poas yet???  I'd say don't do it, but you have to do what you want!!!  Fingers crossed for you and this coming week!!!   We are on a roll and you are next!!!  I have a good feeling!

Songtothemoon - did you start your stimming yet??  Hope it goes smooth!!

Ratgrl & Slylives - how is everything going for you both?  Hope all is well!!! How are you both feeling?

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#431 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Sorry Blueyezz  I forgot you! Congratulations! (What can I say - so many BFPS to keep up with!!)

champagne.gif

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif

#432 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Thanks for asking, I am actually starting to feel pretty good. Nipples still sensitive as anything, but the nausea is subsiding now that I have been off the PIO for a couple of weeks. Although frankly, I am also eating too much. When I told me RE of how sick I felt he told me not to eat meals but to graze throughout the day. And I do. All day grazing punctuated by meals...followed swiftly by vomiting. If I can get Greedy Sly under control I will be just fine!

And you know, this thread just gives me so much hope and optimism, I can't even tell you. And the ladies who are about to start IVF - I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you are getting as much optimism from this thread as I am! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Wahoooo!!!  joy.gifMy numbers doubled like they were suppose to, so that is GREAT!!  OB U/S scheduled for this coming Thurs!!!!  I will feel a lot better after that!!!  The only issue was that my TSH (thyroid) is off... it is up to 6.6 which I think is even higher than it was last March when I started meds.  I have read that Estrogen drugs can mess with your thyroid medication.  If I remember right when you are TTC they want your level to be around 2.5 (is that right)?  I wonder where they want it to be when you are pregnant??  Anyone know?  The TSH really wasn't even on my script to get checked today, but I talked the RE's nurse into checking it as well b/c I just had a hunch!  Always listen to your body, you know it better than anyone else!!!  Sure glad I talked her into it.

Tear - are you still in CA?  Will you get your numbers today too?  Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Keria - did you poas yet???  I'd say don't do it, but you have to do what you want!!!  Fingers crossed for you and this coming week!!!   We are on a roll and you are next!!!  I have a good feeling!

Songtothemoon - did you start your stimming yet??  Hope it goes smooth!!

Ratgrl & Slylives - how is everything going for you both?  Hope all is well!!! How are you both feeling?

#433 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Wow, blue!  Glad to hear that your numbers are looking good.  Is that first ultrasound going to tell you if it's more than one?  :)  I go for my second beta tomorrow, then meet with the doc on Monday.  Not sure when my first ultrasound is.

Know what's weird?  My doc said to stop crinone after my bfp.  I have never heard of that!  I asked the nurse and she said I could keep taking it if I wanted.  Anyway, we're going to talk to the doc on Monday and see what's what.

#434 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Quote:

Wow, blue!  Glad to hear that your numbers are looking good.  Is that first ultrasound going to tell you if it's more than one?  :)  I go for my second beta tomorrow, then meet with the doc on Monday.  Not sure when my first ultrasound is.

Know what's weird?  My doc said to stop crinone after my bfp.  I have never heard of that!  I asked the nurse and she said I could keep taking it if I wanted.  Anyway, we're going to talk to the doc on Monday and see what's what.

That is weird that they would have you stop crinone (that is the vag. form of progesterone right?).  Maybe some places do it different, but my office keeps  you on it, but i'm not sure for how long. Did they check your progest. level when they did your HCG?  They didn't check my, but i was just thinking maybe your numbers were high enough.  Wow, I thought you had your 2nd beta?  They don't do it like every two days at first???  I know you said you were out of town and that is why it was on Sunday instead of Friday, I think.  Yes, my Thurs U/S will determine how many, but I'm just thinking there is one with my numbers the way they are.  We will see. Thurs. can't get here soon enough, that is for sure!! !whistling.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#435 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Maurine, good luck with your second beta tomorrow!  I also thought you'd had that already.  I'll go back and look and figure out where I got confused.  My RE has people continue Crinone for almost the whole first trimester.  It does seem weird to stop: can you ask why?  Blue is probably right, they probably liked your first progesterone numbers.

blue, HOORAY for doubling!!!  I'm glad that you spoke up about your TSH test.  I don't know about estrogen affecting thyroid levels, but now that you made them check it they'll have it on their radar, right?  Try not to stress about it.  I'm so thrilled for your good second beta!

slylives, I'm glad you're starting to feel better.  Your grazing story made me giggle (sorry...it was in the delivery, not that I think your discomfort is funny).  And I agree, this thread makes me feel so good inside.  Thank you ladies for sharing this journey with me!

Keria, how are you doing?  You are in the really hard part, and I'm thinking about you lots.  Did you test?  Thinking about you like crazy!

Thank you so much to the well-wishers and supportive ladies that checked in here.  I am just so blessed for all the wonderful women I have met through this journey, and it feels so good that you're checking in to share your excitement for us.  We got our second beta today, and my levels went from 300 to 630ish (I think, I was a little dazed).  We can go in on Thursday or Friday for our U/S, and I know by then I'll probably be totally antsy and nervous, but I'm excited.  We went out to breakfast today, and the heater was blowing on me and I felt distinctly...oogie.  Like, I had to move or else.  YAY!  Ok, niece distraction time.  I'll check in again later!  :blowkiss

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#436 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Tear - Awesome numbers!!! I'm guessing that there is two in there!!!  That's just my feeling!!  I'm just waiting to hear back from my PCP who I probably won't hear from until Mon, but i'm tempted to up my dose on my own b/c I'm only on a really low dose to begin with of 25mcg now so if i take one more that would just be 50mcg, but it's scary.  I just wish someone would address it before Monday afternoon so I can rest easy.  They say that it increases your risk of m/c and also later on your risk of Pre-term labor which makes me wonder if that might be why we lost our twin boys.  Who knows if it was even checked then.  Scary!!  I'd be sure they keep a watch on yours too, you are hypo right??  Have fun with your nieces!!  When do you come home?

#437 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

blueyezz, how frustrating and painful to look back and wonder about the care you received with your boys. hug.gif Can you call an urgent care line for your RE and ask them what to do?  I would want an answer, too.  My RE is keeping an eye on my thyroid level too, thank you for making sure!  It was 2.09 (I think) on Thursday, and I think they plan on tracking it throughout my pregnancy.  I'll double-check, though.  Keep us posted what you find out!

Remembering our 3 losses

#438 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

blueyezz, how frustrating and painful to look back and wonder about the care you received with your boys. hug.gif Can you call an urgent care line for your RE and ask them what to do?  I would want an answer, too.  My RE is keeping an eye on my thyroid level too, thank you for making sure!  It was 2.09 (I think) on Thursday, and I think they plan on tracking it throughout my pregnancy.  I'll double-check, though.  Keep us posted what you find out!

The RE's nurse (not my normal nurse) that called me asked who was following my thyroid and I said it was my PCP so she said they would fax the info over to him and for me to call him on Monday.  She didn't seem worried about it at all, but to me they seem more worried about making babies hence the reason I had to ask for it to be done today!  She made it sound like it was just a little high, but I think for a normal not TTC person/pregnant person it is just a little high, but really high if it is suppose to be in the 2 range. I was diagnosed in March of this year and it was 6.5 and then after like 3 months on meds at 25mcg it went down to 2 something, so it just worries me a bit.

#439 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Great news tear, do you think is twins or triplets?

Awesome news about your beta blue, hopefully you'll get you TSH figured pout so you can relax a bit.

I'm doing ok going form hope to not so much hope all day long, I'll be testing tomorrow with a digi, 12 dpo or 9dp3dt so the results should be pretty accurate.

Thanks for thinking of me love.gif

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#440 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Great news tear, do you think is twins or triplets?

Awesome news about your beta blue, hopefully you'll get you TSH figured pout so you can relax a bit.

I'm doing ok going form hope to not so much hope all day long, I'll be testing tomorrow with a digi, 12 dpo or 9dp3dt so the results should be pretty accurate.

Thanks for thinking of me love.gif

Good luck tomorrow!    Just be careful b/c I was 14 dpo or 10 dp2dt and I got a negative  the day before my beta and it threw me so just remember if it's (-) there's still a chance.

#441 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Keria - Thinking BFP thoughts for you for tomorrow!

Tear - So excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your second beta. Oh--I will be on Lovenox, too (Factor V Leiden, heterozygous). How much are you taking? 

blueyezz - Great news about your numbers! Can't wait to hear about the u/s. Good thing you trusted your hunch about TSH. Hope that gets back to the right level asap! Sorry to hear the PIO shots hurt so much--they're my biggest fear! I've heard that icing before, then applying heat after and massaging helps...I'd appreciate any tips you have for the future! Can't wait to hear whether it's one or two little ones!

Maurine - GL w/ your second beta! When I got PG the first time, I also started eating in the middle of the night--in fact, that was one of the first signs for me. I was about 5-6 DPO, on vacation at my sister's in Indiana. I remember we ate a really HEAVY, unhealthy dinner w/deep-fried this and that. I woke up STARVING in the middle of the night. All we had in the hotel room was an orange, so I ate that and was still STARVING! I couldn't believe I was hungry after such a big meal, so it was a big red flag that I might be preggo.

Silverbird - Good to hear you got an appointment. That is an awfully long waiting list, though! It's definitely worth shopping around to find the RE you're most comfortable with--even going out-of-state, if necessary. Like Tear, DH and I got lucky. DH's brother referred us to his clinic. SIL is currently 7 months pregnant! When researching clinics, I'd look into their percentages of live births and your overall feelings about the RE and staff when you meet them.

Check out:

www.cdc.gov/art/   This is the Center for Disease Control's annual findings for Clinics' success rates.

Kewpie - Welcome and good luck! This is a supportive place to hang out during your 2WW!

missme - Welcome to the forum! Where are you in the process? You mentioned signing consent forms--to begin your cycle or for ER/ET? Hope your stay here is short!

Ratgrl & Slylives - Thinking about both of you! Have you joined DDCs yet?

This forum is having AMAZING pregnancy rates!

AFM - I am 14 DPO today and have a slight headache and spotting, so AF is just around the corner--most likely tomorrow. That means I begin stims on MONDAY!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

So, questions for you:

1. Did you have to have any bloodwork or baseline u/s on day 2? (My RE said I'd start w/225 Follistim and 75 Menopur.)

2. Did you lower your Lupron dosage right when you began stims or after? (My last protocol was antagonist (w/Ganirelix), so no Lupron.)

3. Also, did you take Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur at the same time of day?

4. How long were each of you on stims before triggering? 

5. How many DPT was your beta? 

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#442 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 PM

A big congrats to all of the BFPs!!!

Tear: that's great that the birth of my girls conincides with the conception of your babies and your DH's birthday.  All of the stars were aligned.  I never had a doubt, I just knew the result would be a BFP for you!  I'm so happy for you!!  Big hugs!!!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#443 of 689 Old 11-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

So, questions for you:

1. Did you have to have any bloodwork or baseline u/s on day 2? (My RE said I'd start w/225 Follistim and 75 Menopur.)

2. Did you lower your Lupron dosage right when you began stims or after? (My last protocol was antagonist (w/Ganirelix), so no Lupron.)

Song - The PIO shots really aren't bad and it wasn't until like the day before I found out I had a BFP that they started to hurt so don't be too scared of them.  You might have better luck than me.  I ice that area for like 10-15 mins before DH sticks me then I have him give the spot a good rub.  The other thing we have been doing lately is having him inject the shot really slow and it might be helping.  Who knows.

To answer some of your other question:

1. I didn't have any test on CD 2, but I did have my baseline U/S on CD 3 to make sure there weren't any cyst and all looked okay.

2. They were able to lower my dose of Lupron on my baseline u/s day from like 20 units to 5 units.  Then I stayed on it until the day before my trigger shot.

3. On the protocol i was on i only had 2 days where I was on all 3 of them and yes, I took all of them at the same time... around 6:30pm every night on the same side and would switch sides each night.

4. On stims for 10 days before we stimmed.  Everyone is different depending on how fast you stim so it will totally vary between each person.

5. Post Transfer beta for me was 11 days which seems really early, but my paper work said 13 days after you'd have a beta, but that would have put me on Thanksgiving day so I'm assuming that is why they had me go early.

Great questions... I'm sure they will help others too!!!  Good luck to you!!!  Keep us posted!!

#444 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 AM

Not pregnant bawling.gif

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#445 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:

Not pregnant bawling.gif

I'm telling you... don't believe it!!!  You are testing even earlier than I did and I got a neg. too!!!  When is your true beta again Keria... Wed?  Keep the hope!!!

#446 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:

Not pregnant bawling.gif

I'm telling you... don't believe it!!!  You are testing even earlier than I did and I got a neg. too!!!  When is your true beta again Keria... Wed?  Keep the hope!!!

Ok Keria, for reals, dont' believe it!  It's way too early for a reliable HPT.  I still believe in your little ones!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#447 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

AFM - I am 14 DPO today and have a slight headache and spotting, so AF is just around the corner--most likely tomorrow. That means I begin stims on MONDAY!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

So, questions for you:

1.  I wasn't scheduled for a baseline or bloodwork, but I talked them into a baseline u/s (I was afraid of a cyst!).

2.  I didn't do Lupron.

3.  I was only on Menopur.  :)

4.  11 days of stims, next night was trigger shot

5.  I had a 3 day transfer, and I had my test at 11 days past, or 14dpo

Keria - Please don't lose hope!  Digis are supposed to read higher hcg levels anyway.  You might not be ready yet to have it get picked up!!

AFM - Beta at 19dpo was 863.  That's a doubling time of 2.4 days.  So, a little slow, I think.  But still within "normal" range.  Trying not to worry about it. 

#448 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

1.  I wasn't scheduled for a baseline or bloodwork, but I talked them into a baseline u/s (I was afraid of a cyst!).

2.  I didn't do Lupron.

3.  I was only on Menopur.  :)

4.  11 days of stims, next night was trigger shot

5.  I had a 3 day transfer, and I had my test at 11 days past, or 14dpo

Keria - Please don't lose hope!  Digis are supposed to read higher hcg levels anyway.  You might not be ready yet to have it get picked up!!

AFM - Beta at 19dpo was 863.  That's a doubling time of 2.4 days.  So, a little slow, I think.  But still within "normal" range.  Trying not to worry about it. 

Maurine, my RE wants to see doubling in THREE days, so according to them you're right on target.

Songtothemoon, here are my experiences with your questions:

1. I had a baseline ultrasound, and they also checked my thyroid, fsh, progesterone, and estrogen levels.

2. I did an estrogen/lupron priming cycle, so I did estrogen pills and lupron shots from days 21-27(?) before my period.  They did this with me I THINK because they wanted to quiet my ovaries to prevent cysts and so that I would get more follicles all at once when they started stimming.  I did not take lupron during stimming; instead they started me on Ganirelix when my estrogen reached a certain level (I forget....I think they watched follicle size, too)

3. I took menopur and Gonal for my stimming.  I took them at the same time of day.

4. I think we stimmed for about 12 days, give or take.

5. We had a day 4 transfer, and our beta was on 14 days past retrieval.

Hope that helps!

Remembering our 3 losses

#449 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Tear Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!

Blueyezz great news on the beta doubling.

I can't believe you get u/s so early. My first one will be six weeks. Can they really see if there are multiples that soon?

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#450 of 689 Old 11-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post

Tear Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!

Blueyezz great news on the beta doubling.

I can't believe you get u/s so early. My first one will be six weeks. Can they really see if there are multiples that soon?

Yeah, it really does seem early and I don't think you can see a heartbeat until around 6wks or so, but I'd assume if there were two in there (which I don't think there are) you would be able to see two sacs.  Who knows.  I know with our boys at 6 wks there were two sacs and they said one Twin might be a vanishing twin and we went back at 8wks and he had caught right up to his brother twin A.  It is weird b/c if I try to figure out the due date by using my first day of my last period it tells me that I'm actually 5wk pregnant, but if I do it according to my transfer date then the other one says I'm 4 wks 4 days today.  Who knows.  I may get to talk to the RE's nurse tomorrow so maybe I'll ask her.  I'd think 6 wks would be a better time to go but I'm not going to turn this U/S down since this is when they scheduled it, not me!!  I'm just trying to keep positive overall!!!  What day is your U/S on? Fingers crossed for you!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page