Fall IVF Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

lol...I think I'm hiding from the waiting a bit.  My u/s is at 3ish on Monday, and since I'm doing the intralipids again I will be taking a half day off work in the afternoon.  I just had acupuncture (yay!) and my acupuncturist told me the herbs I'm taking help avoid nausea and that many women on them don't experience much or any nausea.  btw, I'm taking dexamethasone at a very low dose (I forget what).  I didn't react well to predisone once-upon-a-time, so I'm glad it's not that.  How is everybody else?  songtothemoon, any updates?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#482 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I am actually hanging out in the August DDC.  :)  I know, it's hard to make the leap (especially so early)--but I couldn't wait!  I have my first u/s on Friday.  I am hoping all is well...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#483 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Hi!  I am actually hanging out in the August DDC.  :)  I know, it's hard to make the leap (especially so early)--but I couldn't wait!  I have my first u/s on Friday.  I am hoping all is well...

privateeyes.gif  I know, I've been lurking around there, too.  I'm holding out on making that leap until hopefully after we have Monday's ultrasound.  I love the pretty thread you started there! orngbiggrin.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#484 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Hi Ladies!

I've been MIA these last few days because I've been busy and a bit stressed. However, I am now relaxing and am going to be taking it easy throughout the whole stim/ER/ET process--whew! It is day five of stims and I went in for bw and u/s this a.m. I have 1 follicle @ 12 mm and 11 more around 8 mm. 

My RE called this afternoon to up Follistim to 300 (I was on 225). He said that my Estrogen was rising but that he wants it to double more rapidly. This is my first real IVF, because in Sept/Oct, I was on board for IUI and converted to IVF, so I only started on 100 Follistim.

So, I'm doing the Follistim plus 75 IU Menopur and 10 Lupron. 

Overall I feel fine, a little emotional. I have to say, now that I'm stimming, I'm feeling alternately excited and terrified about the upcoming ER, ET, and beyond. I'm trying to stay relaxed, not do too much this week, walk, listen to guided imagery, etc. 

I can't wait until DH and I are on the other side of this.

Tear and Maurine -- I can't wait to hear about your ultrasounds! Soon, you will be spending lots of time in your DDC!

Keria - You are in my thoughts and prayers! hug2.gif As others mentioned, you learned that DH's sperm can fertilize your eggs, so that's a first step. Find yourself an amazing, caring RE with whom you feel trust and confidence--even if you have to go to another area--or another state. The top clinic in the country--CCRM--in Boulder, CO, has MANY out-of-state patients who begin stims/monitoring/etc. out-of-state, then go to Boulder for ER/ET. You have LOTS of options. 

Everyone Else - I'll get back to more regular personals this week. I am going to relax and let my follicles grow!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#485 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Tear - I'm kinda doing the same thing with just waiting until after my U/S on Thurs.  "Intralipids"????  what is this?  Sorry if you already explained it.  How long will they have you on the steroids?

Maurine - good to see you again!!!  I was starting to wonder where everyone went!!!  I looked for an Aug DDC and can't find it?!?!  I see there is one for July 2011 but didn't see an Aug one?  Help me out?

Songtothemoon - Glad to hear you are able to relax for the next week or so when all this exciting stuff is starting!!  Sounds like thing are going well so far for you.  Fingers crossed!!!

AFM - just trying to make it to Thurs. U/S  to see our little bean (or beans, but think it's a bean) then I will feel so much better!!!  Still can't breath through my nose... so annoying.  I did get an info paper from my new OBGYN about do's and don'ts and it says on there that you can take Sudafed 30mg, but it is still a little scary.  Been trying to use my Neti Pot, but now my nose is so swollen inside that the water won't even go through!!!!  irked.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#486 of 689 Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM

blueyezz - Good luck with the u/s of your bean(s)! It will be reassuring to see it/them. That congestion must be frustrating! Both times I was preggo (m/cs), one of the first symptoms was a slight bloody and stuffy nose. Sometimes the Neti Pot just doesn't cut it, ya know? I hope you feel better and can breathe more easily soon!

I can't wait for all the upcoming ultrasounds! It's going to be an exciting week for you mamas-to-be!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

#487 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

So if I check here again, will it make my ultrasound come any sooner?  upsidedown.gif

blueyezz, sorry to hear about the swollen nose, though any pregnancy sign is reassuring, right?  Hang in there for Thursday!

songtothemoon, it's great to hear from you!  Those follicles sound really promising - keep growing, little ones!  btw, is your profile picture from Arches National Park?  I swear I know that arch.

afm - back to report cards.  ooooooog.  ooooooooog.  They're supposed to distract me, but I think they're actually making time.....slow........down.  I think I can, I think I can....

I think my exhaustion may have set in: I remember that from my last pregnancy.  I slept...ALL the time.  Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon, then I fell asleep on the couch at around 9:30 or 10:00(?) and slept until 8.  It's now noon and I'm ready for a nap.  lol...I'm very thankful: bring on the symptoms!!!  I also felt pretty burpy/heartburny and tingly/uterusy last night.  Is it ok to share that here?  I just feel so...I dunno...weird posting it anywhere else.

Remembering our 3 losses

#488 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Got my first appoinmnet with the fetility doc Friday? Anyone have any advise?

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#489 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

Got my first appoinmnet with the fetility doc Friday? Anyone have any advise?

Don't leave until you feel like ALL your questions have been answered.  Good luck!  goodvibes.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#490 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Blue - Here you go.  Please come lurk!!  :)  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/list/16169   I am running the due-date thread.  Which I realize is sort of stupid considering how nervous I am about the pregnancy.  But, I was so excited!

Song - Glad to hear things are going so well!

Silver - Good luck! :)

Tear - Can't wait to hear how many you've got!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#491 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 PM

I have been lurking, rooting everyone on!!

Tomorrow I start my Lupron for our FET. Our first IVF ended with our son Jackson who is now 15months old. We have 2 frozen embryos, and if they both make it through the thaw we will transfer both. It amazes me how much longer the protocol is for a FET vs. the fresh. Hopefully I will have plenty of distractions and the time will go by fast.

Good Luck Ladies

hide.gif back to lurking I go

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#492 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Hi all!!

Literally CAN NOT WAIT to hear about your ultrasound, Tear!!!! I feel like this weekend has just been DRAGGING BY and it's not even me that pregnant!! LOL

What time is it at?? You're on the east coast, right? You have to post IMMEDIATELY!!!! I'm also guessing that it's 2...but it could be 3. Definitely not 1. In my humble opinion~~ :P

Hugs and vibes to everyone else!!

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#493 of 689 Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

So if I check here again, will it make my ultrasound come any sooner?  upsidedown.gif

blueyezz, sorry to hear about the swollen nose, though any pregnancy sign is reassuring, right?  Hang in there for Thursday!

songtothemoon, it's great to hear from you!  Those follicles sound really promising - keep growing, little ones!  btw, is your profile picture from Arches National Park?  I swear I know that arch.

afm - back to report cards.  ooooooog.  ooooooooog.  They're supposed to distract me, but I think they're actually making time.....slow........down.  I think I can, I think I can....

I think my exhaustion may have set in: I remember that from my last pregnancy.  I slept...ALL the time.  Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon, then I fell asleep on the couch at around 9:30 or 10:00(?) and slept until 8.  It's now noon and I'm ready for a nap.  lol...I'm very thankful: bring on the symptoms!!!  I also felt pretty burpy/heartburny and tingly/uterusy last night.  Is it ok to share that here?  I just feel so...I dunno...weird posting it anywhere else.

Tear - The photo is from Joshua Tree! There is an arch in the park near one of the campgrounds. I want to go to Arches National Park--it's in Utah, right?

Your symptoms sound very promising! This is exactly the right place to share every little detail!

All ultrasound mamas - Sending good vibes to all of you for tomorrow!

KristinaMarie - Welcome and good luck with your FET cycle! What is the protocol like for that?

SilverBird - Good luck with your visit. I agree with Tear. In addition, write your questions down on a piece of paper and refer to that. There have been a few visits where DH and I got caught up in the RE's answers and info and forgot to ask other questions.

AFM - I go in tomorrow a.m. for u/s and bw. I hope it's ok that my estrogen didn't double as rapidly as the RE would like. I'm glad to hear there are 12 follicles and looking forward to seeing how much bigger they are tomorrow. I'll check in as soon as I find out.

#494 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 AM

C'mon Tear's babies!!!!!!! I gotta know!!!!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#495 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 AM

I'm going to be on the edge of my seat, compulsively checking from my phone all day long! energy.gif

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#496 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

Quote:

AFM - I go in tomorrow a.m. for u/s and bw. I hope it's ok that my estrogen didn't double as rapidly as the RE would like. I'm glad to hear there are 12 follicles and looking forward to seeing how much bigger they are tomorrow. I'll check in as soon as I find out.

Good luck tomorrow!  I think it's totally normal not to have your estrogen double: it just means they need to up your dose, which they did.  Hooray for good monitoring!

I LOVE Arches.  I think probably I did see that arch before in Joshua Tree, and that's why it looks familiar (or because a lot of them look the same :D).  Thanks for the support!

Claire, Rochelle, enigo, blowkiss.gifThank you SO much for your support!  My u/s is at about 3:00 (I go in at 2 for intralipids, which is like a fatty infusion to "clean out" my blood of any aggressive immune cells--at least that's how I understand it).  The intralipids take about 2 hours to I/V into my system, so the ultrasound will be during that time.  I'm slightly anxious to be all hooked up and dealing withe the ultrasound at the same time.  I'm feeling slightly possibly nauseous, which makes me happy.  I know I felt nauseous the last two blood draw days too, so nerves are probably a factor, too.  Oh, and yes, I'm on Eastern Standard Time.  But we're going to have to drive our car to the garage on the way home...sorry!  Carlyle: you have my permission to post results if you want.  loveeyes.gif  Thanks for all the positive thoughts!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#497 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck tomorrow!  I think it's totally normal not to have your estrogen double: it just means they need to up your dose, which they did.  Hooray for good monitoring!

I LOVE Arches.  I think probably I did see that arch before in Joshua Tree, and that's why it looks familiar (or because a lot of them look the same :D).  Thanks for the support!

Claire, Rochelle, enigo, blowkiss.gifThank you SO much for your support!  My u/s is at about 3:00 (I go in at 2 for intralipids, which is like a fatty infusion to "clean out" my blood of any aggressive immune cells--at least that's how I understand it).  The intralipids take about 2 hours to I/V into my system, so the ultrasound will be during that time.  I'm slightly anxious to be all hooked up and dealing withe the ultrasound at the same time.  I'm feeling slightly possibly nauseous, which makes me happy.  I know I felt nauseous the last two blood draw days too, so nerves are probably a factor, too.  Oh, and yes, I'm on Eastern Standard Time.  But we're going to have to drive our car to the garage on the way home...sorry!  Carlyle: you have my permission to post results if you want.  loveeyes.gif  Thanks for all the positive thoughts!!!

Tear - Fingers crossed for you today!!!  I can't wait to hear the news and how sweet of you to let your sister be the one to tell us since we all will be on the edge of our seats in anticipation!!!!  So what made the Drs. decide to do the intralipids thing on you to begin with?  I've never heard of it until you talked about it.  Is it something that insurance covers or is it all out of pocket?  jumpers.gif  So excited for you!!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#498 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure I can wait much longer...the suspense is KILLING ME!!!!!! I hope Carlyle posts immediately...I'm still guessing 2 or 3...you've definitely got multiples in there, lady!! :)

Claire

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#499 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Stalking for Tear's u/s results... so excited to hear!!!!

I also hope big sis posts them for her ASAP

(And yeah for nausea!!!!!)

love.gif

ETA - Claire, I'm not sure we ever posted directly, but I followed your boys closely on that website you used.  How are they doing?  Post an update and pics if you can!!!  smile.gif

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#500 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Stalking...stalking...stalking...VERY impatiently!! ;)

P.S. I am the laziest person on earth...i TOTALLY need to update the CarePages. Everytime I sit down to do it though, it seems such a momumental task to update about everything that has happened since my last update that I get overwhelmed and don't post!! And then more time goes by, so the task becomes even MORE overwhelming!! LOL

I should just POST..I will very soon. Maybe tonight? ;) We're doing great though...the boys are HUGE. Nearly 20 lbs each!!!! And Noah's almost CRAWLING!!

#501 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 01:40 PM

whistling.gif   whistling.gif   whistling.gif  I'm trying to have patience like the rest of you!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to hear Tear!!!!

#502 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Claire, way to go boys!!!  I would also LOVE to hear an update on your little munchkins.  20 lbs, WOW!  joy.gif

It looks like I beat Carlyle to it, lol.  She had friends over, in her defense. We just got back from our ultrasound.  There were two sacs in there, you guys.  One of them was measuring a couple days ahead at 5w6days, and the other one was smaller.  Our doctor said that at this early point the smaller one could have just implanted a little bit later than the other, and she said she found a yolk sac in each one.  She also said that we can't rule out the third one yet, as they sometimes surprise you.  We are just so relieved and happy, and I am going to send my love to all my little babies in there that they keep growing.  Thank you so much for supporting us through this exciting and nerve-wracking time!  I am going to go eat dinner and focus on the fact that, today, it looks like we have twins.  Lots of love, ladies!

Remembering our 3 losses

#503 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 PM

Oh congratulations Tear! I am so, so happy for you! When will you be going back again?

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#504 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Claire, way to go boys!!!  I would also LOVE to hear an update on your little munchkins.  20 lbs, WOW!  joy.gif

It looks like I beat Carlyle to it, lol.  She had friends over, in her defense. We just got back from our ultrasound.  There were two sacs in there, you guys.  One of them was measuring a couple days ahead at 5w6days, and the other one was smaller.  Our doctor said that at this early point the smaller one could have just implanted a little bit later than the other, and she said she found a yolk sac in each one.  She also said that we can't rule out the third one yet, as they sometimes surprise you.  We are just so relieved and happy, and I am going to send my love to all my little babies in there that they keep growing.  Thank you so much for supporting us through this exciting and nerve-wracking time!  I am going to go eat dinner and focus on the fact that, today, it looks like we have twins.  Lots of love, ladies!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gif  So excited for you Tear!!!  When do you have to go back for your next U/S??  How did the intralipid thing go?  Grow babies grow!!!!!

#505 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:

OH MY GOD YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the "Moms of Twins" group, lady!!! I am so happy...SO SO SO SO SO happy for you!!! :joy

Yes, don't rule out the third...remember, at my first ultrasound, there were 2 sacs, second ultrasound there were 3 sacs ALL with beating hearts, third ultrasound there were FOUR sacs and FOUR babies (remember???) and then they started disappearing one by one. Until I was left with my two, AMAZING miracle boys...one with fluid, one without. Ugh. What a time.

ANYWAY...THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy

Claire

#506 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM

TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joy.gif

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#507 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 03:54 PM

YIPPEE!  (Now that I just spent 5 minutes looking for the twin smilie... I really liked the old system better!)

So excited for you and DH, Tear.  Wishing those two little babies grow big and healthy!  And your updated signature, well, it just about makes me want to... happytears.gif

I am so tempted to start you a "Tear's Pregnant" thread on I'm Pregnant.  (ha ha)  You have enough people that will be stalking you to necessitate your own personal thread....  orngtongue.gif But I won't... just be sure to come over to BSL Graduates often!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#508 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM

TEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

That is fantastic news! Twins for you!!!

I love your new siggie!

Let us know when your next ultrasound is scheduled!

I wouldn't worry about them measuring slightly differently, either.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

AFM - Had u/s and bw today--it is day 7 of stims, and CD 9.

So---15 follicles! A few are larger and there are a bunch of 8 mm follicles. The next u/s should be telling. My u/s tech said she wouldn't be surprised to see more follies in my left ovary, which had four. Last cycle (cancelled), I had 12 total. Makes me wonder if the Acupuncture/Massage/Chinese Herbs/Meditation/Supplements are contributing to the higher #.

Anyway, looking forward to the next u/s.

Who's getting a u/s next?

Blueyezz? Maurine? 

#509 of 689 Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM

Yay tear I'm so happy to hear your news I knew there was a reason to come back to this thread today.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#510 of 689 Old 12-07-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:

Anyway, looking forward to the next u/s.

Who's getting a u/s next?

Blueyezz? Maurine? 

I'm not sure.... Mine is on Thurs, but I can't remember if Maurine's is on Wed or Friday.  Maurine????

Tear - when's your next U/S?  I know at my 6wk U/S with our twins they said that Twin A was bigger and that his heart rate was stronger and than Twin B's than Twin B  and that he might become a vanishing Twin, but he caught up fully at week 8.  So excited for you!!!!   Also, I don't know if you saw my questions a ways back about what made them decide to do the intralipid treatments on you?

Keria - Good to see you!!  Any luck finding a new Dr???  I've been thinking of you!

Song - Wow, your numbers sound great!!!  Awesome!  Keep it up - all that stuff you are doing must be helping!  Fingers crossed for you!!  How many are you planning to put back in?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page