Fall IVF Support Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 689 Old 11-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Also some of the tests they do seem unnecesary...such as injecting dye to see if the fallopian tubes are clear. I mean, why would that matter if you are doing IVF?

enigo, HSG is used to make sure the tubes are clear before they do any procedures. If the tubes are blocked it can cause issues with possible ectopics, and whatever is blocking them can loosen during IVF and damage your chances of getting a good implantation. They cover their bases before they put you into a position that could be dangerous for you or your baby.

Had a little too much excitement for comfort today. Had some dark brown spotting this morning and wound up at the doctor's for an ultrasound because I was worried. In the end everything is fine, critter has a healthy heartbeat and looks good for the gestational age. That's a relief. My RE released me to my regular OB except for my bloodwork for progesterone and estradiol til the end of the firs trimester.

Ladies having ER and transfer - good luck, you're in the most exciting phase of this craziness!

#242 of 689 Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Just wanted to chirp in my positive vibes for you all. I've been following along and sending you all awesome IVF juju.

Grow follies grow, Divide and Stick!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#243 of 689 Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Hi Ladies! So much going on!!! I couldn't get on during the forum renovations!

First,

Maurine - Congrats on your ER! Ten eggs is GREAT! Can't wait to hear about your fertilization report.

Tear - Congrats on triggering and good luck on ER!

blueyezz4 -  on triggering tonight!

Keria - Great that your FSH was 7. I wouldn't worry too much about the estradiol level. 

slylives - Good luck on the 9 week ultrasound!

enigo - IVF can be a great way to go for repeat m/cs--that's why I'm doing it. Ask your RE about genetic testing of the embryos. It costs a lot, but it can be a good way to go to get a healthy embryo. Other posters are right, too--the embryologist can assess the embryos in the lab (w/out testing--less $$$) and get a good sense about which ones are most viable. Good luck--it sounds like a great deal! Yes--the HSG is normal to check out the shape of your uterus, tubes, etc., to facilitate egg retrieval and transfer. Also, medication typically runs between $2000--$5000 per cycle, so it would be an AMAZING deal!

ratgril - Good to hear all well with the little critter! Congrats on being released back to your OB!

AFM - I am waiting for O. Wouldn't you know, it is day 23 of my cycle and no O yet! Went to the RE for u/s on Monday and had one follicle at 13 mm. So, O should be Friday or so. I'm going back tomorrow (Thursday) for another u/s. Then, 7 days after O, let the Lupron begin! I think the stress of the cancelled cycle and hormones on my body (I stimmed up until the day of trigger) may have caused my body to take its sweet time to ovulate! Anyway, I am going to acupuncture 2x week, TCM massage 1x week, exercising, eating right (mostly), drinking TCM tea 3x day, and taking a boat-load of supplements. I can't wait to get going with this next cycle.

Also, DH and I need a vacation BADLY. We are discussing options for January/February, but will maybe go for a quick getaway next weekend...

I can't wait to hear about fertility reports asap on this board!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#244 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

enigo, I totally hear you on your worries.  Here's how I'm handling the "what if it doesn't work" thing:  IVF is the only way to get a glimpse at your egg quality for real, so I'm trying to approach it with that in mind, that at least we will learn that.  If there's bad news, then I will finally have it and be done with it, and if it's good news then even if it doesn't work I will have that, and have strength to keep going.  Does that make sense?  I think I can't talk about it too much right now, because I'm too terrified for today.  And yes, I'm also terrified of the long-term side effects of all this medication.  It is an unbelievable amount of stuff.  It's part of why I'm not willing to do so many IUIs with injectables before doing this.  I guess I have come to peace with the idea that I might need to have everything taken out after we have our family.  It's something I try not to think about, but should be aware of...  I'm going to go add you.  orngbiggrin.gif  and btw, I'm a bit of a basketcase right now so take me with a grain of salt.  Just over 4 hours until our retrieval!

ps - I'm thinking the $2,000 probably is for medication, since they're calling the IVF free.  I'm not sure offhand how much mine was, but it's definitely in the thousands.

oh!  I almost missed the rest of your posts! Glad I double-checked.

ratgrl, what a scary day!  I'm SO glad that everything turned out ok.  Your heart must have been in your throat.  hug2.gif

poetgirl, thank you love!  Your juju means the world to me!  love.gif

songtothemoon, I put you up on the first page under suppression for next week-ish.  I'm glad things are getting going again, though frustratingly slowly.  hug2.gif  Do you want me to leave your progress up from last cycle to record your journey, or wipe the old stuff clean and have a fresh start on the front page?  goodvibes.gif for your u/s!  O, girl, O!!!  A getaway sounds perfect.  We could all use that.  We should all meet up in Cancun for the weekend.  upsidedown.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#245 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 AM

I'm so excited for everyone, Tear do they knock you out for egg retrival? Oh man you're so close!

I'll call today and see if it includes medications. They said the $1500-2000 was for the assorted tests they have to do. If I have to pay double that, it isn't likely I'll be able to do it. Maybe if they work out some sort of $20 a month payment plan. Jeeze I've been spending so much doing this the healthy natural way, that I am absolutely broke. If my husband knew, he'd die.

I had some money saved and then did a huge plant project that would have easily bought me some babies. Drat! Here's a pic of my "baby" irked.gifhttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs942.snc4/73504_155564491151543_135591423148850_233304_7919130_n.jpg  There are more plants on it now, but I ended up spending so much to get it done...

Unfortunately for me there is a renowned clinic about 2 blocks from me. They are not the ones offering the clinical trial (oOOoOOh I should call them and see if they have anything going on!)

The one that is doing the trial is down in the bowels of Miami. I also need to call them and make sure it isn't more a new test drug. I want a baby pretty bad, but I'm really not at the point of being a guinea pig. The acupuncturist said something about an injectable that only needed to be given once (I LIKE that idea) rather than throughout the whole cycle.

I wish there was  away to find out if it was a good idea without paying the $350 consultation fee

Oh ratgrl I'm so glad everything turned out OK

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#246 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 07:09 AM

Oh my!!!!  I finally am in a Panera where there is an internet connection!  Yesterday I logged on on my little phone and tried to respond twice (typed the same message) and it wouldn't post!  Aggghhhhhh!

Maurine - I tried to log on the other morning of your ER and wish you luck but MDC was under construction.  Anyways, Yeah for 10 eggs!!!!  Have you heard anything more?  When is your Transfer? How many do you guys plan on putting back in? Keep us posted! I had the same thing as you where the CM started to go away and I didn't feel as bloated either.  It is a little scary!!

Tear - How cool that you are having your ER on your husbands B-day!!  I think that is a great sign!  I'm going to be having my transfer back on my Dad's B-day!!  Let us know how everything goes for you.  My fingersx.gif for you!!!

Enigo - welcome!!  Sorry to have to meet you here!!  I'd jump all over that program!!  That is awesome! I think I have paid over $2000 already for just my meds alone!  Good luck to you and I hope your stay here is short and sweet! Oh and yes they knock you out for the ER - at least put you in LaLa land!!!

Poetgirl - :hugs Good to see you!!!  Thanks for your positive vibes and the juju!!  We can all use that!!!  Hope you are doing well and that little guy of yours is also doing good!!

Songtothemoon - Yeah for vacations!!!!  I could so use some beautiful crystal blue water and white sand right now too!!!  Good luck with the O.  It always seems like our bodies play games with us when we least need it!!  I think it is just their way of telling us that we don't have any control!  Mean, just mean!!!!

Ratgrl - so sorry to hear about your scare!  Glad that everything is okay. Take care of yourself and that little bean in there!!!!

Keria - a 7 FSH sounds great to me!!!  Hope your body is feeling better and adjusting to the meds now.  Good luck!

AFM -  I've had internet withdrawl these last few days!!!  Yesterday was our Egg Retrieval and all went well.  They got 10 eggs!!  Whaooo!  I'm hoping to hear today how everything is going with our little ones!!  DH went into the room with me for the retrieval, but after they finished one side I guess (i have no memory of any of it) i was in a lot of pain and he has a hard time seeing someone in pain so he had to leave.  I didn't even know it was over with when i woke up in the recovery room and was shocked that it was all over.  Crazy how fast it goes when you are out.  Came home (to our friends house where we are staying) and had a light lunch and then went to bed for about 4 hrs.  I didn't take any pain meds until before bed when I felt maybe two tylenol would help a bit.  Feeling better today just a little crampy is all.  As far as I know, our Transfer back in is tomorrow (friday the 12th - my dad's b-day).  That's all for now.  Bedrest for 2 days after the transfer and we will see!!!  fingersx.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#247 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM

Yeah,  we just got word that 7 out of my 10 of our embyros fertilized!!!!    We don't know what the grading is on any of them yet, but I just thought I'd share!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#248 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Fertilization report -- 6 out of 10.  smile.gif  They said about 60% is normal, so we're doing well so far.  DH is relieved that his swimmers seem to be working.  fingersx.gif for good development.  I won't know until tomorrow.  Our clinic does day 3 transfers, and said we won't know how things are looking until we go in tomorrow.  W plan to put back 1 embryo, unless they aren't looking so great, then we will do 2.  Yikes!  I wish we would get an update earlier.  But they said no news is good news.

I now have OHSS, but not too bad.  I hope it doesn't get worse!  I feel full and uncomfortable and I am walking slowly.  People at work probably think I am pregnant since I look it.  lol.gif

Tear - Good luck today!! 

Enigo - That's a tough decision.  IVF is certainly not to be entered into lightly (it's surgery, no matter how much they talk about it being a "procedure").  But I know how much you've struggled.  One thing that's been a good thing for me...all the IVF meds really helped my uterine lining (if that's been a problem for you).  Also, like others said, they pick the best embies to transfer.  smile.gif  Good luck with your decision.  Oh, and I think my meds would have been in the 3K-4K range without my medical insurance.

Blue - You beat my 6 out of 10.  Ha ha.  Good job, lady!  Hope you are feeling good.  You go in tomorrow (Friday) for the ET?

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#249 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 AM

Congratulations girls this made my day now grow embies grow!!!!

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#250 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Maurine & Blue- What great news. Hoping so much that those lil embies keep growing. So excited for you both. Maurine keep drinking lots of fluid I had OHSS for 2 cycles & if you get pregnant it gets worse. Start drinking now cause it's very uncomfortable.

Tear- Praying for you during your ER, hoping for lots of eggies.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#251 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks, ladies! 

Oh, and I know we were tracking numbers at one point.  The day before trigger my E2 was 3100, up from 1200 two days before.  They said because my E2 was high (although I have heard higher) and because I am under 35 and "thin" (their words!) I had a higher risk for OHSS.  Anyway, I think I'll pick up some whey protein stuff on the way home--to makes protein shakes.  That's supposed to help! 

#252 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM

Grow everyone's eggies grow!!!!!!!

X-posted

I'm kind of confused after talking to a couple IVF clinics today. (I figured what the heck, I'll call around and ask questions!) The one that is doing the trial said that any more than 3 mc and they disqualify you. Well I just don't know what to do. I have the appt on Mon, but I really hate to spend the $350 if it isn't going to do me any good. I can't imagine he pain if I had another mc after going through IVF. I don't what to do now, can't sleep.

I did however mention to the lady I talked to at the IVF clinic that today was cd1 irked.gif and how it was a shame that I didn't have an appt until cd5 since they like to start with cd3 testing. (FSH, LH, and prolactin...in all my 389785765434 tests, I haven't done those basic things). She says I can go get blood drawn up here on Sat and they can use those results. They are all very helpful, although the standard reply is come in and talk to the doctor. I'm thinking I should wait to get those results before I go in for an appt. If my FSH is something ridiculous, they wouldn't accept me anyway and I would be out the $350. 

Oh and turns out the meds are included in the test trial. So that's awesome. The lasy also mentioned that they like to give you high numbers so you aren't surprised as far as the testing goes.

Has anyone here been through more than one IVF cycle?

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#253 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

enigo, this sounds like an amazing opportunity, sweetie.  I know how overhwleming it must be to imagine jumping on it RIGHT NOW.  I wouldn't honeslty worry about your FSH level, since you did that at-home test and it was fine.  What do you mean they disqualify you for m/cs?  Like, 3 m/cs through their program?  I know it would hurt to go through that, but on the other hand this could be the way to ensure that the baby is strong in there.  I'm not entirely lucid right now (just slept 2 1/2 hours after getting home from the ER), so I hope I'm making sense.  I'm just so excited for you and wishing you lots of strength with this decision! :treehugger.gif  You certainly deserve a great opportunity after all teh crappy clinics you've been through.

Maurine and blueyezz, wow girls!!!  Great numbers!  You're mommies!  Now grow, little embies, grow!!! joy.gif

afm - they said they got 9 eggs this morning, which makes us super happy since we only thought we had 7 mature follicles.  We have no idea about their maturity yet: that's tomorrow.  We're just sending them mommy and daddy vibes that they fertilize and grow healthy and strong.  My tummy feels a little tight, and I'm generally sore down there, but I feel ok.  Mostly just a little disconcerted, like...what am I supposed to be doing right now?  Oh...sleep.  winky.gif  Maurine, keep drinking fluids, and hopefully the OHSS won't get worse.  I'm so excited for all this progress!!! goodvibes.gif to all!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#254 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

enigo, this sounds like an amazing opportunity, sweetie.  I know how overhwleming it must be to imagine jumping on it RIGHT NOW.  I wouldn't honeslty worry about your FSH level, since you did that at-home test and it was fine.  What do you mean they disqualify you for m/cs?  Like, 3 m/cs through their program?  I know it would hurt to go through that, but on the other hand this could be the way to ensure that the baby is strong in there.  I'm not entirely lucid right now (just slept 2 1/2 hours after getting home from the ER), so I hope I'm making sense.  I'm just so excited for you and wishing you lots of strength with this decision! :treehugger.gif  You certainly deserve a great opportunity after all teh crappy clinics you've been through.

Maurine and blueyezz, wow girls!!!  Great numbers!  You're mommies!  Now grow, little embies, grow!!! joy.gif

afm - they said they got 9 eggs this morning, which makes us super happy since we only thought we had 7 mature follicles.  We have no idea about their maturity yet: that's tomorrow.  We're just sending them mommy and daddy vibes that they fertilize and grow healthy and strong.  My tummy feels a little tight, and I'm generally sore down there, but I feel ok.  Mostly just a little disconcerted, like...what am I supposed to be doing right now?  Oh...sleep.  winky.gif  Maurine, keep drinking fluids, and hopefully the OHSS won't get worse.  I'm so excited for all this progress!!! goodvibes.gif to all!

9 eggs! Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm freaking out now, I don't know what to do. 3 mc's disqualify you from the clinical trial. Tehy don't want some habitual aborter screwing up their numbers and making them look bad.

#255 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post

9 eggs! Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm freaking out now, I don't know what to do. 3 mc's disqualify you from the clinical trial. Tehy don't want some habitual aborter screwing up their numbers and making them look bad.

hey, hey, sweetie.  Oh now, don't put that label on yourself.  Your wonderful body can do this!  And the pain you've been through on this journey is NOT your fault!!! hug.gif  It sounds like they would give you as many tries as you want, unless you get pregnant and then miscarry (am I understanding right?).  One try may be all that your body needs.  One try is 40-60% successful.  And you would get so much information from doing it, information about your egg quality, ovarian response, lining, all the tests they want to do.  Plus, there are loss protocols that you can go through that may help your body be exactly where it needs to be to hold on to your sweet little one(s).  I can tell you what my clinic does, and you can ask them about it.  Don't feel pressure that you have to decide right now.  You CAN start right now, but you can also wait a cycle and start then, right?  Take your time, sleep on it, and be good to yourself.  You are strong, healthy, and wonderful.  Remember that, hon.  blowkiss.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#256 of 689 Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Thanks Tear hug.gif, I just spoke to my husband about it, and he reminded me that we are broke. I think I'll see if they are going to run this trial again at another date.

It's just the one try as far as I know...man I'm not going to be able to sleep again. I really thought after all this acupuncture that I was "fixed" that all I needed to do was get pregnant again and I would be set. Gah! I suspect that I was pregnant a couple cycles ago too since I swore I saw something on the test and my lp was 14 days rather than the 13 it has been for the nearly 2 years since I have been keeping track.

I can not wait to hear everyone's good news! joy.gif

#257 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

bawling.gifjoy.gif

We have babies!!!  They injected all of our eggs, and they said that four are fertilized and three are still being watched and may fertilize.  We go in for our transfer on Monday.  I am simply bursting with relief, since we were both so scared for that call.   I'm crying so hard right now, and I know that it's just the beginning and so much still needs to happen, but we're so relieved.  Please, please send us good thoughts that our little babies will keep developing healthfully and strongly.  I'm going to go melt into goo in my bed.

Maurine and blueyezz, how are you feeling?  Didn't you both transfer today?  UPDATES!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#258 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM

Tear, that's wonderful!  I have to admit, it's crazy-cool to think of our little girls and boys that we both just created, dividing away and waiting to grow!

My only update at this moment is that I have to go to the bathroom (#2) so bad I can hardly sit down.  But nothing is moving.  I think it's my ovaries in the way.  Very uncomfortable.  I wonder, can I ask for an enema before the transfer?  I know that's gross but I am desperate...

#259 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Just to update - our 9 week ultrasound went like a dream. Baby is the right size, good heartbeat and bobbing around like a crazy person. It actually looked like a gummy bear....

My RE has said that I can now go to my OB or midwife, but I think I will do my 12 week appointment with him (hey, it's been good so far, right?) Only strange thing is that after my bloodwork they called yesterday and said that I can stop my progesterone injections and Metformin, immediately. I am actually more comfortable using them until the end of the first trimester (only a few more weeks!) so I have left a message asking if that is OK.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#260 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Just to update - our 9 week ultrasound went like a dream. Baby is the right size, good heartbeat and bobbing around like a crazy person. It actually looked like a gummy bear....

My RE has said that I can now go to my OB or midwife, but I think I will do my 12 week appointment with him (hey, it's been good so far, right?) Only strange thing is that after my bloodwork they called yesterday and said that I can stop my progesterone injections and Metformin, immediately. I am actually more comfortable using them until the end of the first trimester (only a few more weeks!) so I have left a message asking if that is OK.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif

#261 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylives View Post

This is great!  jumpers.gif  I am so happy for you.  I bet your bloodwork showed that you are making enough progesterone on your own and don't need the shots any more.  Oh, and my office stops Metformin at a positive pregnancy test (but I question that).

Hey, you had some OHSS too, yes?  Will my stomach go down at some point, or will I look like this for weeks?  It's superficial, but I am worried about trying to hide it at work.  I don't want people to think I am pregnant and then have to deal with questions...  Also, I am running out of large skirts to hide it!

#262 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Hey, you had some OHSS too, yes?  Will my stomach go down at some point, or will I look like this for weeks?  It's superficial, but I am worried about trying to hide it at work.  I don't want people to think I am pregnant and then have to deal with questions...  Also, I am running out of large skirts to hide it!

Hi Maurine - I didn't have OHSS (officially) but I certainly had a lot of bloat. The nurses at my clinic said that it was completely normal. Alas, it has not really gone down - and now my uterus has really popped out anyway. It was a relief to have the ultrasound and feel a little better about revealing the pregnancy now. I am still not announcing it but no longer wearing the only baggy sweater I have in a vain attempt to hide the bump!

When is your transfer?

#263 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:

bawling.gifjoy.gif

We have babies!!!  They injected all of our eggs, and they said that four are fertilized and three are still being watched and may fertilize.  We go in for our transfer on Monday.  I am simply bursting with relief, since we were both so scared for that call.   I'm crying so hard right now, and I know that it's just the beginning and so much still needs to happen, but we're so relieved.  Please, please send us good thoughts that our little babies will keep developing healthfully and strongly.  I'm going to go melt into goo in my bed.

Maurine and blueyezz, how are you feeling?  Didn't you both transfer today?  UPDATES!!!

OMG Tear! You're a mama! AT this very moment you have a bowl full of babies

#264 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM

OMG Tear I'm so freacking happy for you

#265 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:

bawling.gifjoy.gif

GAAAHHH!!!  I logged on just now feeling totally nervous --you said they were going to call between 10 and noon, and it's just past noon and you hadn't called.  Not that you're required to call (you sound exhausted and I hope you get some good goo time in orngbiggrin.gif), but  I was guessing that you'd call if things went well, and I'd read it on MDC if there's bad news.  I was so scared to read!  THANK GOODNESS!!!

bawling.gifjoy.gif  I'M SO EXCITED FOR A NIECE OR NEPHEW (or, gulp, two).  Much love to you!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#266 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Quote:

GAAAHHH!!!  I logged on just now feeling totally nervous --you said they were going to call between 10 and noon, and it's just past noon and you hadn't called.  Not that you're required to call (you sound exhausted and I hope you get some good goo time in orngbiggrin.gif), but  I was guessing that you'd call if things went well, and I'd read it on MDC if there's bad news.  I was so scared to read!  THANK GOODNESS!!!

bawling.gifjoy.gif  I'M SO EXCITED FOR A NIECE OR NEPHEW (or, gulp, two).  Much love to you!

Sheepish.gif  Hubby has the cell phone: CALL ME AT HOME! orngbiggrin.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#267 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Tear - Congrats!!! 9 eggs, 4 fertilized and 3 being watched--that's great!!! I love how you posted that Maurine and blueyezz are already mommies! Science and medicine are just amazing. Now, you are a mommy, too! Also, yes, change my info on the forum header--wipe that slate clean!

Maurine - I know exactly how you feel. When last month's cycle was cancelled and I triggered, I was in agony going #2, and I never have problems w/bowel movements/constipation. I think the over-sized ovaries and fluid cause problems/take up extra space where the lower intestine usually just hangs out...

Rest, drink fluids, and feel better soon. Also--Egg Transfer coming up! Can't wait to hear how that goes!

blueeyezz - Sending you prayers and sticky vibes for your transfer and em-babies! Have a good rest!

enigo - Let us know what happens with this RE. There are many other clinical trials--some you can fly to, as well--get the bloodwork/monitoring done at home and fly for the ER/ET. I would visit another forum http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/ to read about clinical trials that are low or no-cost to you.

Also, I'm not sure I replied to this--you mentioned your acupuncturist said the trial involved one injection instead of daily injections? I read about this on the forum I just posted a link to. It is for FSH. You only need one injection at the beginning of the stimulation phase.

slylives - Great news on the u/s!!!You may not need anymore progesterone--your placenta must have taken over. Sending lots of good vibes to your growing gummy bear!

AFM - CD 25. Should be ovulating today, which means I start Lupron a week from today and stims right around Thanksgiving! Yay!!! DH and I discussed DTD last night--should we try naturally? We haven't thought about that for the last couple months. But, ultimately, we decided not to try. It comes down to simple math. If I got pregnant again and had another m/c, that's another 4-5 months down the drain including recovery and my cycle regulating. I'm 40 now and don't want to waste the time (or the emotional toll). 

Can't wait for ER and ET in a month! I want to be PUPO  (pregnant until presumed otherwise) with little embryos!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#268 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Tons of good wishes songofthemoon time flies you'll be PUPO soon smile.gif

Now me

I have 2 follies on my right side 9.5 and 13.5 and 6 follies on my left 14,14,13.5, 10.5,7.4 and 8 I guess my right ovary is the lazy one, doc kept doses the same,  don't know if I'm starting cetrotide tonight, lining is 8 and e2 is 484.56 can someone tell me if that's good or bad google is not being my friend right now.

We have some issues with DH, now DH's doctor says TESE is not even worth a try just do a sample the same day and if it's not good use donor sperm, but if we liked he'll do the TESE anyways, we are extremely frustrated about this whole thing. I don't really like my doctor she is so negative, in the last 3 times I have been there she said like 10 times each visit  you know this is not 100% right just want you to be clear yeah i get it now cut it out, she always says things like that, like she also said like 4 times how my response was not ideal, while it may  not be stellar I don't think is that bad, at the end of the visit I had to ask her hey what about the cetrotide and she said oh yeah call me later and I tell you if you start today,  I have called twice and no answer, anyways we are here right now and hoping for the best no matter what.

#269 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM

Tear - Yeah!!!!!    That is great that you may have 7!  My fingers are crossed for you my friend!!!  Can't wait to hear how everything goes on Monday!!!  I will be thinking about you and sending up prayers and good vibes!!!!

Maurine - so sorry to hear you are having so much discomfort!!  You poor thing!!  I sure hope it lets up and you feel much better soon.  When was/is your Egg transfer I'm drawing a blank!!  I'm blaming all of my forgetfulness on the Versed that they gave me to knock me out for my egg retrieval.  Not sure how long i can use that excuse, but will for a little while.  LOL

Enigo - thinking of you and hoping things are going well with all that is going on.  What did the RE say?

slylives -  yeah for a great U/S!! That is awesome and I'm so happy things are going well for you!!!  Keep it up and keep us updated!

songtothemoon -  here's hoping you ovulate today!  I know my RE told us to use protection the month that we were using Lupron b/c I guess if you did happen to get prego on it it not the best for the baby.... or that is at least what I understood from what they said.  Good luck to you with this cycle!!! 

Keria - uggggghhh.... your RE is making me mad!!!!!  That is just not right!  She needs to be more positive and isn't there a nurse line or something that you can call to get more information?  Something isn't right there.  I sure hope it gets straightened out b/c you don't need any extra stress!  :hugs

ratgrl - how are things with you?  Just checking in on you!!!

AFM - We had our transfer today and they put two little embryos back in... we got a picture of our two little babies and I'm going to just say that I'm pregnant until I'm told otherwise!!!! joy.gif   So I'm home right now just laying on the couch on strict bedrest where i can only get up to go to the bathroom and that is it for the day and tomorrow I'm aloud to shower and sit at the table for a meal, but I'm suppose to just lay around all day pretty much.  I think i'll probably do the same thing on Sunday too just to play it safe.  We froze 3 of our other embryos and the other 2 went to embryo heaven!  LOL

#270 of 689 Old 11-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Hi Ladies!

ET was today, and went really, really well.  I am so grateful to the universe, and my doctor, and my body that everything has gone well so far.  Now I am PUPO (thanks for the word, Song!).  There was a couple next to us today who didn't have as good news, so it was a reminder how lucky we were, and how things don't always come out as well.  I almost cried when we heard the news (with joy).

1 8-cell, no fragmentation transferred today, and inside me!

3 snow babies frozen (one 8-cell and two 6-cell)

2 were let go

In other lovely news...i was able to go #2 this morning (after I posted).  Yay!  I am now in bed after taking a long nap.  We ordered sushi (no fish for me! only veggie), and I am really, really relieved.

Song -- I think that was a good choice, not to try this month.  But how hard is that?  I don't envy you that decision.  Anyway, I wish you the best with your cycle!!

Keria -- Your ovaries sound like mine.  I ended up with 7 on my right and only 3 on my left.  My guess is that if it were a normal cycle, it was the right one's "turn" (not that I ovulate on my own anyway...at least not since last year some time).  I think your estrogen levels sound perfect for where you are right now!  They are supposed to increase 50-100% every two days.  Oh, and I started my ganirelix early (LH suppressor like cetrotide) but it's usually when the follies reach 14.  So you will probably start yours soon.  Wow, it's really happening!!  I am sorry you are having doctor frustrations.  I hate going through that.  Just remember, you are paying thousands of dollars to these docs (or your insurance is) and you have the right to demand stellar service from them (who on MDC said that recently?).  I hope she calls you back soon!  Oh, and my doctor changed his tune as well once we moved on to IVF.  He stopped being Mr. Optimistic and started telling us how "don't get your hopes up" and "it might not work" etc.  I think they just have seen lots of couples get disappointed on their first try.

Blue --  YAY for being PUPO!  We also froze three.  Our cycles were so similar!  Let's hope for similar (pregnant) outcomes!  My clinic says bedrest isn't needed, but I put myself on it anyway.  DH doesn't mind and I like it (well, for today and tomorrow, not forever).  :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page