Fall IVF Support Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi everyone. I stole this from MomtoAlexis, who did this last winter. Anybody want to share the stress and excitement of this process with me? We got another baseline with another high FSH (16) and it pushed us over the edge: it's time to see our eggies. School is starting, so we are going to wait until I get my period (I'm on CD8) before starting suppression, during which time we'll gather information. I feel positive and eager for the first time in a LONG time, because this process will at least give us information about my eggs: something I've been in a dark hole worrying about for many months. I'm also psyched and inspired to see how many from the old list are now pregnant, so I think I'll leave them on here, if that's ok. If anybody wants their name off, just let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping we all graduate soon.

Fall IVF

Gathering Information/Money
blueyezz4 - Aiming for mid-October Lupron
Court - Aiming for October suppression
Keria - Starting suppression next cycle
Tear78 - Aiming for mid-October Lupron/estrace combo

enigo - Looking into an IVF promotion fingersx.gif

Silverbird - consult on December 10th, but 18 month waiting list hug.gif

missme - signing consent forms 11/26 - starting cycle at the end of January

Suppression
ratgrl
slylives
blueyezz4 - 10/16
Tear - 10/19
songtothemoon - 11/20

On Stims
slylives - starting 9/10
ratgrl - FET cycle: no stims, but started estrace 9/19
songtothemoon - starting around Thanksgiving
Maurine - starting 10/27
blueyezz4 - starting 10/29
Tear - starting 10/29
Keria - starting 11/7

sarahcecile - FET cycle: no stims, but starting meds the week of 12/6

Egg Retrieval
slylives - 9/20 12 eggs!
Maurine - 11/9 10 eggs - 6 fertilized!
blueyezz4 - 11/10 10 eggs - 7 fertilized!

Tear - 11/11 (hubby's birthday!) 9 eggs - 4 fertilized, 3 working on it!

Keria - 11/16 5 eggs - 2 fertilized!  Grow, little ones!!!

songtothemoon - 12/13 12 eggs! - 9 fertilized, but none transferred.  hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

Embryo Transfer
samkris123 - 9/10 2 embies
slylives - 9/25 1 beautiful blastocyst
ratgrl - 10/6 2 embie ice skaters
Maurine - 11/12 1 perfect 8 cell embie

blueyezz4 - 11/12 (her dad's birthday) 2 wonderful embies

Tear - 11/15 (her niece's birthday) 3 amazing day-four embies

Keria - 11/19 2 beautiful 10 and 12-cell embies

Kewpie80 - 11/18? 2 wonderful embies

sarahcecile - 1/4 FET

Test Date
samkris123 9/21 - may it be the first of many!!!
slylives 10/4
ratgrl - 10/16

Maurine - 11/23

blueyezz4 - 11/23 brokenheart.gifcandle.gifhug.gif

Tear - Thanksgiving Day (11/25)

Keria - 11/30 neg.gif hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

Kewpie80 - 11/30

Our Fearless Predecessors
FtMPapa 1/26/10
Paytonsmommy 3/3/10
New Mama 3/19/10
KellyTTC#1 3/27/10

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#2 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Tear. We're not there yet, but we're getting close. We're going to do 3 cycles with clomid and then jump right in. I honestly feel like the clomid is just a bit of a formality, though. I'm not at all hopeful about it working. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi even though we won't be starting until late fall or early winter. Good luck!
#3 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Hi Tear I'm here as well, we have the results of Dh's SA and they are not good at all, we need to do IVF/ICSI or donor sperm you can put me down in gathering information, I have an appoiment next week with my RE and we'll decide the course of action.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#4 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi no5no5! Good luck with the clomid! Have you done one of the cycles yet? I found injectibles to be much easier symptom-wise. I don't know if that's an option. Does your insurance require you to try clomid first? Just wondering, because I miss you and I want to know how you're doing. Thanks for popping in!

Keria, welcome! I'm glad to be going through this with a familiar "face," though I'm sorry things didn't look good with the SA. I would think that IVF would have a great success rate for that, right? I hope your appointment goes well! If you give me the date, I'll put it up on the first post.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Hi no5no5! Good luck with the clomid! Have you done one of the cycles yet? I found injectibles to be much easier symptom-wise. I don't know if that's an option. Does your insurance require you to try clomid first? Just wondering, because I miss you and I want to know how you're doing. Thanks for popping in!
Aw, thanks. No, I'm in the 2ww on our last drug-free cycle. I'll start in a week or so, unless I'm already pregnant. It's not impossible, but 3 years of trying with one miscarriage to show for it has dulled my sense of excitement in the 2ww. Our insurance is crazy-good and will cover anything, just about, but the doc wanted us to do clomid. It's sort of funny because I feel like we're going to be jumping straight from the first-line treatment to the last-ditch treatment, but we're just going with it. I'm fully expecting that the clomid will make me crazy, but, then, so will IVF. Hey, 6 months of insanity won't be anything new in my world.

I miss you (and all the ladies from the Veteran's Club) too. Right after I left there was a bunch of good news in the VC, and I'm afraid that if I go back I'll jinx it for everyone. I know that's silly, and I don't really believe it, but so much of this is just blind luck that it's hard not to be superstitious.
#6 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 03:49 PM

I know, it's nice to see you here too, even though I wish you were not here. My clinic has a 60% success rate for ICSI for MFI, I'm still scared as hell, google is my worst enemy I'm trying to stay away at least until after my appointment which is on 9/14. Thanks for making this thread I need all the support I can get.

#7 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Hey Tear! It's good to "see" you again. So glad you're going ahead with IVF. This summer has been super stressful in other areas of our lives (ahem crazy family members) so I haven't been able to check in, but I've been thinking about you.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#8 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, COURT, may I just say, that although I'm sad you have to be here, I was thinking about how you were looking toward IVF, and hoping it would be around this Fall, and I am absolutely undisputedly THRILLED that we will be going through this together!!! I think this is destiny saying we were meant to be pregnant together. (Ok, sorry everybody, it's just that Court was one of the first people I met on MDC and she's like, the voice of reason and kindness. Seriously. Ok, enough said. )

I'm sorry this summer has been so stressful. I've pulled WAY back from mdc this summer too, to try to heal a bit emotionally. I'm back, but only on two threads. That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it. It sounds like the SCSA gave you guys a lot of tough information to process, and I'm glad that there are steps to take to help your odds! We'll be starting suppression in late September/early October.

btw, is everybody taking the birth control pill as a suppressant? I'm struggling with that decision, since it sounds so weird. Can anybody explain it to me?

Keria, I hear you on google. While I think it has made me rather well informed, I think it's also caused my stress level to go through the roof on many, many occasions. Your appointment isn't so far away! I'm glad for this little group already, too. This process is just so daunting and it's nice not to be going through it alone.

no5no5, don't worry about jumping. Your journey needs to feel right to you. I'm in a group of ladies IRL who are pretty much all going through IVF, and they've almost all done somewhere around 7-15 IUIs. They think I'm a little crazy jumping to IVF after only two IUIs, but that's what we need. I get a little disgruntled that they would insinuate we haven't suffered enough to move on yet. Seriously? I think I've suffered. Anyway, everybody's story is different, and you have to listen to you heart. I'm glad your insurance is so great! And by the way, I'm going to redefine the VC events for you: all that crazy good news was residual good luck from your helpful, listening, and caring presence. Even though you had left, it stuck around for a while. But the reserve is getting low again, and we need you back. That's how I feel. Please don't stay away if you want and need the support. I miss you!

Remembering our 3 losses

#9 of 689 Old 09-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Aw shucks Tear, you're always so sweet to me, thanks so much! And thanks for the compliments, although you're the one who's been everyone else's constant cheerleader when you yourself were feeling low. Yeah, I don't know what to think or hope about IVF, except for we need to feel like we've done everything and given it our best. I honestly feel sorta numb about it all at the moment. I ofcourse have HUGE hopes for you and am ready for your happy ending to your story, or happy beginning...whatever

As for the birth control - it's to suppress all the follicles for awhile so that when you start stimming, one follicle won't want to jump ahead and be bigger than the other guys. In other words, it helps prepare all the eggies to grow as a team. Anyways, that was my understanding. Maybe someone else knows something different??

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#10 of 689 Old 09-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Tear nice to see you and hear your enthusiasm. I know what you mean about needing to pull back from the internet. Sometimes it just feel pointless and it gets painful to see so many others get their bfps. I cannot go anywhere near the other ttc forum. I'll be following your progress and wish you lots and lots of luck.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#11 of 689 Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Thanks for that, Tear. I really appreciate it.

Good luck to all!
#12 of 689 Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM

Hi -

What a timely thread! After 3 losses and 3 unsuccessful rounds on Clomid, I am in my first IVF cycle. I am currently on suppression meds (Lupron) and I start the stims on Friday. Retrieval is scheduled for 9/20. My goodness, only a couple of weeks...

Because I am 33 and DH is 46, my clinic will be transferring 2 embryos, God willing. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#13 of 689 Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 PM

..and we haven't done any IUIs at all. Our insurance covers nothing (!) and my RE agreed that the best chance of success was to go straight to IVF. In for a penny, in for a pound...

Please add me to the list above, Tear! Thanks.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif

#14 of 689 Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

slylives, welcome! You'll be our ringleader so far, since you're ahead of the rest of us. I'll send you lots of good even follicle growth vibes for Friday---TOMORROW!

lesliesara, thanks for the good luck vibes, and for the pain of this process. Thinking of you, and stalking you too!

no5no5, always!

Court, thanks for explaining the pill to me. I had heard that, too. Plus it may help me prevent cysts (?) is that right? And by the way, the best kind of cheerleader is the one who says "log on less...and stop temping in your tww!" (YOU, and thank you.)

afm - school started yesterday. This is me: No...seriously. Lots of love and baby luck to you all!

Remembering our 3 losses

#15 of 689 Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
afm - school started yesterday. This is me: No...seriously. Lots of love and baby luck to you all!
They will love you.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#16 of 689 Old 09-11-2010, 09:43 AM

YEAH for an IVF Thread!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to it?!?!?! You can add me to the list Tear under the gathering information area!! I'm actually suppose to start suppressing next Sat the 18th for our first IVF cycle, but we might have to postpone a month b/c there is a chance I might have to have elbow surgery. I have an Ortho appt. on Monday morning so after that I'll find out for sure. I guess if I have to have it done I'd rather have it done before we start the IVF cycle and before I have a little one to carry around and only the use of one arm for a bit. We will see. I have hope that it will all work out in the long run - fingers crossed!! Thanks so much for starting this Thread and it is good to see some familiar names, even though i'd rather not be seeing you all here at least we have each other!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#17 of 689 Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

yay, blueyezz! I'm sorry you might need surgery, but I agree: get it out of the way! I'll be crossing my fingers for you on Monday!

slylives, how is the stimulation going? Didn't you start yesterday?

Carlyle: I LOVE YOU, SIS!

Court and Keria, how you ladies doin'?

I'm going to go watch Star Wars III with hubby. woohooo, free time!

Remembering our 3 losses

#18 of 689 Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi Tear!
I am 27 and going through my 1st IVF cycle. I have made it through the stims, suppressants, egg retrieval, finding out only 2 eggs fertilized, and just went through ET yesterday (Friday, 9/10). My doctor transferred both embies: one 8 cell rated 2 (1 being perfect) and one 6 cell ranked 2. Our doctor said that our embies were in great shape, even better than he expected. We did ICSI, as well as assisted hatching. We are paying out of pocket for everything. My husband is a pilot in the Air Force and although the insurance is free and great, it does not cover ANYTHING associated with infertility.

I have been on bed rest since yesterday after the ET procedure (had pre and post ET acupuncture in our doctor's office). Other than some mild cramping, I have felt pretty well up until about an hour ago. Out of nowhere, I began to feel extremely nauseous and it has not subsided. Is this something to be concerned about or is this a symptom of something? This is my first IVF cycle so this is all very new to me.

I am excited to be a part of mothering.com and would love to receive any info, advice, and suggestions. I would also love to hear about other's experiences and provide feedback about my own experience if anyone is interested. Thank you for starting this thread!

mommy to 2 --Cody (black lab) and Cooper (yellow lab)
#19 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome samkris! How exciting, you're in your tww! When is your test date? I'll put it in so we can all look forward to it anxiously with you. This will be my first IVF ever too, so I can't really say, but nausea sounds good, right? I'm so sorry your insurance doesn't cover anything infertility-wise. I have everything crossed that those embies are snuggling up in your uterus!

Remembering our 3 losses

#20 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 11:31 AM

So exciting Samkris when are you testing?, nice to see our list has grown since I last checked.

I have my appointment on tuesday, I'm about ot start Af so we will probably wait for the next cycle to start supression, and use this cycle for the HSG and genetic testing, DH had his appoinment with the andrologist, he thinks Dh has a bilateral varicocele so we are scheduling more tests for him, he confirmed that with DHs counts as they are right now we would have to do ICSI, but we could try a few IUIs, that sounds crazy to me because if the numbers are not good enough for regular IVF how are they going to be good enough for IUIs, anyways we'll see waht my doctor has to say, at this point since I'm paying for everything I rather just go ahead and do ICSI.

This cycle has been really nice I had forgotten what is like to not obsess about ovulation and TTC in general.

How was the movie Tear?

#21 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 12:58 PM

Keria - I think I'd go right to an IVF as well if i were you!! I don't know the full facts about your MFI, but I had a friend whose DH's count was under 5,000 (i think it was) and they recommended going right to IVF and they got their (+) on the first try. Good luck to you both!! I hear ya... about how nice it is not to obsess over a month!! My only problem is that when I don't obsess or really try to plan I almost feel as if I'm wasting a month! LOL

Samkris - Good luck to you!!!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and I have a feeling this will be your month!!! I wish I could help with your questions about being nauseous. I am just heading into my first IVF hopefully this month or next, but have done about 6 medicated IUI's. I wonder if that might be a part of OHSS, do you know?? I know after my IUI's I would just feel like I had been hit by a truck. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site so I'm sure someone would know. Maybe give it today and call your RE's office tomorrow if it doesn't let up!!! Yeah, like everyone else asked....when is your beta???? Fingers crossed for you!! Oh, can you explain the assisted hatching to me? I know it is what it sounds like, but how do they do it and how do you know you need it or don't need it? Sorry, all this IVF stuff is new to me!!!! Thanks!!

Tear - Thanks so much for adding me!!!! How are you and how was the first day of school??? Are you a teacher or in school yourself??

Slylives - how are the meds going??? How many follies do you have so far?? Thinking of you and hoping all is going well!!!!

Keria - did you have your appt? How did it go???? Hopefully well!!!!

??? Would taking Lupron be the same as taking BCP for suppression? I'm confused? I'm supposed to start by taking Lupron and not BCP.

??? I've been watching You Tube videos ( i know it is pretty sad) of women who decided to V-blog their IVF to just get a better understanding of what people go through. Watch out... you can get addicted to it!!! LOL :0) Anyways, what does it mean when people say they want their embryos to go to full "BLAST". Would that be like full maturation before you put them back in? Sorry, like I said this is all new terminology for me!!! Medicated IUI's just seemed so easy to get and this IVF stuff is a little more complex!!!

AFM - Just waiting to get tomorrow over with so I can find out if I have to have surgery or not! It is crazy how one day will determine the next couple of months of your life!!!! We will see!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#22 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 01:46 PM

Blueyezz: Lupron is much stronger than BCP. Before IVF, I went through two cycles of Lupron Depot injections to manage endometriosis. The first cycle, I received an injection every month for 3 months. The second cycle, I received one injection that lasted for 3 months. The Lupron kicked my body into FULL menopause! Mood swings, hot flashes, no periods . . . the whole shebang! As for the Lupron that they give you for IVF, I believe the dose is a lower concentration. Don't quote me on that, but I remember discussing Lupron as a suppresant in IVF with an RE a year ago. Basically, I think it's more effective than BCP. I would still ask your doctor.

Keria: I agree with Blueyezz. My husband had a low morphology count and we did ICSI without hesitation. Our doctor said that because it significantly increases your chances, he generally always performs ICSI. We were also told to go straight to IVF. I don't have experience with IUI or any other IF treatments, so I am not able to compare the pros and cons from personal experience.

Tear: Thank you for the warm welcome! It is extremely therapeutic and helpful to have a connection to other women going through the same experiences.

My 1st beta test is September 21st! It won't come soon enough! My husband and I can't decide if we want to do a HPT the Sunday before (we will be in Texas at my parents and thought it would be neat to tell them in person, but also don't want to have a false negative or negative and be bummed the rest of the trip). My nausea has subsided and I am feeling much better.

I believe that "Full Blast" means that they are wanting to do a day 5 transfer. By day 5, after egg retrieval, the embryos should be blastocyst. At this stage, the embies are stronger and are almost ready to attach. Pregnancy success rates are a little higher with a day 5 transfer. The rates tend to be higher because the lab is able to monitor the embryos longer and pick the best of the best for transfer.

On the other hand, some believe that a day 3 transfer is more beneficial (this is what we had). On day 3, the embies have anywhere from 6 to 8 cells (sometimes 10). 8 cells is the ideal number. The argument for a day 3 transfer is that the embryos are better off inside the uterus to mature than inside the lab's incubator. Some labs have the ability to set-up a very similar environment to the female body, however, some labs don't have the experience or technology to mock the human body. Most labs will do a day 3 transfer when only a few eggs (2-3) fertilize. They believe that some of the embryos, possibly even all, could fail to survive beyond day 3 in the lab and that the embryo has a better chance inside your uterus.

Assisted hatching also increases your success rate, however, depending on the lab's experience and method, there may be rare side effects (you can find this info online). I believe AH is most often performed on day 3 transfers (we also did AH). The lab creates a small opening/hole in the zona, or outer shell of the embryo. A laser or acid solution is the most common method for creating this hole. AH helps the embryo hatch out of its shell so that it can attach to the uterine lining. Some embryos have very thick shells or lack the energy to hatch by themselves. "Failure to Implant" is a big reason why IVF doesn't work in a lot of cases. The embryo doesn't implant sometimes because it can't hatch. With an experienced lab, there shouldn't be negative side-effects. One side effect of AH, however, is an increased chance of identical twins. I read somewhere that it increases your chances by 25%. This percentage could be different for different doctors and clinics.
#23 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Keria: What does AF mean? When is your HSG? I wish you the best of luck! After my HSG, I had some cramping and a little bleeding.

To All: If any of you have any questions about the IVF experience from meds, to egg retrieval, to ET, or anything in between, please don't hesitate to ask. I would love to share my experiences with others (I wish I had someone during the first part of it). I also need to occupy myself during the 2ww! Lol!
#24 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Blue, the higher your estradiol gets on your cycle, the thicker the zona gets. The embryologist will know by lookiing at your embies. There was a huge difference in the zonas of my two cycles.
Also, I took estrace and progesterone instead of bcp during the prep cycle before in addition to the lupron, so I believe they have diff. functions but hat would be a ques. for the RE.

...just lurking a little to cheer y'all on ...

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#25 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Samkris123 - Thanks so much for all the info!!! This is for sure a learning experience for me!!!!! Yeah, my starting dose of Lupron is 20 units (0.2ml) on CD 21. We will see!!! Hope your TWW goes by fast!!!!!

Poetgirl - Always good to see your name pop up!!!! What made the difference with your two cycles, you might have told me already. I'm suppose to be starting estrace a little earlier on in the cycle than normal to help build up my lining so we will see. I'd love to watch the whole process... it is just so amazing to me!! Hope you are well!!

#26 of 689 Old 09-12-2010, 09:10 PM

samkris123 All the very best to you! I hope you are feeling better. I will be thinking of you on 9/21.

AFM - The stims medication (Menopur and Follistim) are going OK, although it stings a little when I first push the plunger on the syringe..but I can live with it. Generally, the process has been much easier than I first envisaged it to be. Having said that, I've only had three days of stims, so maybe the crazy mood swings haven't started yet! I had my estradiol done today and everything looked normal, and I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday.

#27 of 689 Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM

sylvies that's good to know that it has not been that bad so far, I'm needle phobic.

#28 of 689 Old 09-13-2010, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

blueyezz, how did your appointment go today? Oh, and I keep wondering...do you pronounce your username "blue eyes" or "blue yezz?"

I'm unbelievably overwhelmed with school, but I'm going to go read up and catch up. It sounds pathetic in a thread with only a few members, but can you post any important updates for the front page in bold for now? Thanks, loves! I worked all weekend at my hubby's art show, and school is kicking me in the gut right now. I'm so tired...this is why we're not doing any interventions THIS month. (ps--I'm a teacher, not a student. 5th grade, but I got moved up from 1st grade, so EVERYTHING is new. yikes!)

Keria, good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

updated: blueyezz - I was wondering about the lupron and the bcp combined, too. It seems like they both do the same thing. I feel so unknowledgeable about it! I do know that I used lupron during my iui cycles to keep myself from ovulating early, and it sounds like my dose was much smaller than samkris'. Ok, now I'm going to go read where poetgirl probably explains it. lol Great to see you poetgirl!!!

samkris, thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge! I really appreciate your support, and I'm glad that this little group is here. Thanks, ladies!

slylives, I'm glad the stims are going well! I also found the menopur stings a bit. But as far as side effects: clomid was WAY, WAY WAY WAY WAY worse. I really didn't notice anything with the injections except feeling full and like I was just two big walking ovaries. Let us know how your ultrasound looks! What was your estradiol level?

ps - for me, since they want to do the bcp, suppression means three weeks of the pill, then one week of lupron, then starting stimulation... So really we're looking at stimming in late October.

pps - that was, like, THE most scattered post. Sorry.

Remembering our 3 losses

#29 of 689 Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post
How was the movie Tear?
I was struck really hard by a quote in it, though I'm not sure how I feel about it.

"The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into The Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

It's a lot to swallow, but I've been thinking about it a lot.

Remembering our 3 losses

#30 of 689 Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 PM

Tear - Yes, it's Blue Eyes - just to answer your question!!! Had my appt today and surgery set for next Wed the 22nd. Will be in a full arm cast for a week. Sure will make typing hard. I'll have to hunt and peck for a while. So that means we will be moving our IVF out a month - prob. early Nov instead of Oct now!! Bummer!!! Wow, that is a deep quote and a lot to swallow!!!! I agree!!!!!!

I asked my nurse today if Lupron would be kind of the same as BCPs for supression. She said their clinic doesn't normally use BCP and that some clinics will use them for supression to have better control of their patient's cycles. Not sure if that answers the question or not, but that is what I got.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page