Any Tips/Adivce for Post Embryo Transfer - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice on how things to do and not to do after an embryo transfer. I am going in today for my embryo transfer. I know that 2 days of bed rest in mandatory. But was curious if certain foods, positions, etc . . . would help increase the emmbies' chances of implanting. ANY info would be helpful. I would love to hear stories about things that did or didn't work for you. I truly appreciate everyone's encouragement and good wishes!

#2 of 10 Old 09-10-2010, 07:58 PM

I doubt there's any magical thing you can do but on my successful cycle, I slept on my stomach a lot in the 2WW and let my cat lay on my stomach - both things I had avoided every other cycle!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 10 Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 PM

I watched only comedies and laughed a lot, I did guided meditations from anji, I talked to my embryos and a bunch of us a yr+ ago all ate Chinese food after transfer. We thought the sodium might help balance out the super high estrogen. Call it coincidence but the Chinese food eaters often got pregnant.
GL~~~

oh and drink lots of water!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#4 of 10 Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Poetgirl,
My hubby and I are ordering Chinese take-out as I write this! I love Chinese food anyways! Thanks for the tip!
#5 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 02:49 PM

My only advice is to keep busy!!!! Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw that you transferred the same day I did! Did you get your beta yet?

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#6 of 10 Old 09-28-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

homemademomma: We did get our beta results and they were positive! How did everything turn out for you?
#7 of 10 Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkris123 View Post
homemademomma: We did get our beta results and they were positive! How did everything turn out for you?
Woohoo!!! What was your number? When is your first ultrasound? I had my first ultrasound today, and while it is too early to see a HB, we did see TWO gestational sacs!!!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

#8 of 10 Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yaaaay!! I am so excited for you! My 1st number was 92 and my second was 265. My first ultrasound is October 11th. What were your numbers? We are hoping for twins, but the nurse said that my first number wasn't high enough for twins. Then she said that you never know. Were you suspicious of twins before your ultrasound? Any symptoms that pointed towards twins?
#9 of 10 Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkris123 View Post
Yaaaay!! I am so excited for you! My 1st number was 92 and my second was 265. My first ultrasound is October 11th. What were your numbers? We are hoping for twins, but the nurse said that my first number wasn't high enough for twins. Then she said that you never know. Were you suspicious of twins before your ultrasound? Any symptoms that pointed towards twins?
Yay!!! How far apart were your betas, and how many days post transfer were you? My beta was 536 at 10dp6dt, and 1298 at 12dp!!! My beta at 18dp was 11,000. I didn't really suspect twins, but I knew my numbers were high enough that it was possible, and once I started getting the extreme exhaustion, I kind of had an inkling it might be twins. I can't say I was overly surprised when we saw two sacs! I am just praying they both stick around.

You can't know for sure if you are having twins or not based on your beta- On the surrogacy board I frequent I have seen many twins start off with a beta under 100, especially if you are talking around 10dpt.

ETA- when are you due? Have you joined the may ddc yet?

#10 of 10 Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

My first beta was 11 days pt and my second beta was 2 days after the first. My transfer was done 3 days past retrieval. I'm not sure what to think. Sometimes it just feels natural to use the term "babies" vs "baby" when talking about my pregnancy. No matter what, we are ecstatic that we are pregnant and are elated with one or two. What do you think?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page