Clomid... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crimson! I'm here just kinda reading what everyone has to say and wishing I was on clomid already. Kinda got down a little because we got the SA results and although things were not terribly bad our doctor still wants them to be better so now he has to see a urologist. Then he had to go out of town for the next three weeks and won't be back until the 23rd but the good thing is he will see the doctor on the 25th. I have no idea what they are going to do for him to make his situation any better but I do hope they can do something. So maybe we can start clomid in November but who knows so keep your fingers crossed girls : /
#32 of 50 Old 10-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTideMom View Post
WOW!! Congrats Brandy! I hope everything goes great with you and your new little one!!!

When your doctor put you on Clomid, did they talk about multiples? Also, what dose did you use? I'm on 50mg right now, and I think if I don't get preggers this month they are going to switch me to 100mg... Also, he's talking about Metformin... I guess my doctor (because of my cycle history) didn't make me wait a year to put me on meds! MAN! I think I would just DIE!!!

How many DPO where you before you got your BFP!?!?!

Thanks for the insight hun! Keep us posted on how you're doing with your little one!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer lol...i've been in lala land at work lately. Thank you for the congrats!!! I was put on 50mg at first and raised to 100mg after doing 2 cycles of 50mg with no results...then i did like 4 rounds on 100mg before he refered me to my RE. My RE told me when we started that he might put me on Metformin but ended up not having to.

I was 10dpo when i got my first BFP on a FRER but it was very faint, i was totally FREAKED thinking that i was going to lose the baby and did start bleeding a little bit right before i hit 6 weeks. I went straight to the hospital and they did an ultrasound. Everything was okay and the fact that they found a heart beat made them feel better about it but there was a little bit of blood that was between my uterus and the placenta but it's absorbed into my body now and baby girl is doing really good!!! I go in tuesday for my 30 week appointment and me and DH start our birthing classes this monday! I'm really looking forward to it again! (THis is our first child together my first DD was from my first marriage and she was a BCP baby! So no problems having her...that's why i had trouble accepting secondary infertility)

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#33 of 50 Old 10-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssparkles View Post
Brandy congrats on the new baby! You must be very happy and excited Can I ask why it was that your hormone levels wouldn't rise? What treatments or medications did you try that finally allowed you to become pregnant? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really excited and I kinda want to know what to expect.

He didn't know why, but i think it's because i needed more hormone help than what the Clomid could offer me. I ended up having to use a combo of Femara and an injection shot (i can't remember my doses...but i can go back to the march infertility thread to see)

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#34 of 50 Old 10-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssparkles View Post
Brandy can I ask how it is that you got pregnant while on birth control? Was it a mistake on your part or was it the pill?
The doctor's said that my body kinda got "use" to the hormones and they just would stop working so they were changing me out every 3 months to keep me on track. I took them everyday at the same time and we used back up or just didn't DTD when they were changing me out ....so i have NO idea!!! They even changed my birth control while i was pregnant and didn't know it!!!! (I was mad too because they didn't do a pg test in the office they just put me in a room, the doctor came in, and he handed me another scrip after listening to what i had to say!!!)

#35 of 50 Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Okay last post for today promise!!! I went back and researched my BFP cycle and this is how it went::::::
(CYCLE BEFORE THIS ONE ENDED IN OHSS SO IT WAS A BUST AND WE HAD TO WAIT FOR THIS CYCLE TO START BEFORE WE COULD TRY ANYTHING NEW)

CD1 ~ 02/18/10
CD2 ~ 02/19/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ nurse said too many folicles left over from the OHSS cycle and would have to wait three weeks to be rechecked!!!
CD23~ 03/12/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur(injectable)
CD24~ 03/13/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD25~ 03/14/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD26~ 03/15/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD27~ 03/16/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD28~ 03/17/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (HAD BREAK THRU BLEEDING)
CD29~ 03/18/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur
CD30~ 03/19/10 ~ B/W U/S ~ 2 follicles continue Menopur inj 112IUs (obstained from BDing)
CD31~ 03/20/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD32~ 03/21/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD33~ 03/22/10 ~ U/S and B/W ~ 4 follicles ready (3 on right 1 on left) injected 35IUs of Menopur and DTD
CD34~ 03/23/10 ~ Ovedrill trigger this AM
CD35~ 03/24/10 ~ DTD again
CD36~ 03/25/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 1dpo)
CD37~ 03/26/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 2dpo)
CD38~ 03/27/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 3dpo)
CD39~ 03/28/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 4dpo)
CD40~ 03/29/10 ~ Trigger shot is out of system ~ (around 5dpo)
CD41~ 03/30/10 ~ slightly light headed and emotional (around 6dpo)
CD42~ 03/31/10 ~ very tired and getting more light headed (around 7dpo)
CD43~ 04/01/10 ~ emotional wreck!!! And still very tired bb's hurt (about 8dpo)
CD44~ 04/02/10 ~ same as day before (around 9dpo)
CD45~ 04/03/10 ~ same as before can't handle spicy foods and VERY light headed while shopping for easter stuff.....took a FRER at 830 pm on around 10dpo and got a BFP!!!!
CD46~ 04/04/10 ~ Took another FRER and it's still positive at 11dpo and also got a "PREGNANT" on a CBE Digital!!!!

So there's my time line with my medication for this cycle that I got pregnant. I'm about 30 weeks now and really looking forward to having another baby!!! Especially since my other one is going to be 7 near the time that I give birth to this one!!!

#36 of 50 Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 PM

CrimsonTideMom- Sorry I went MIA there for a while. I got busy at work & home. Anyways, you should move back down here. Alabama is AWESOME.lol.
Then we really could be close cycle buddies. Having you on here is great too though! Lol.
I am SO SORRY you lost your job! I hope everything is okay!
I hope we both get our BFP's & we can move on to a different board. If not, at least we have each other.
What CD are you on? I am on CD29 & am supposed to call if AF doesn't show tomorrow!

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
#37 of 50 Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Hi AA!

I know I wish we could move there!! Today is CD31 for me... All my tests have been BFN's... I keep taking one each morning. So we'll see what tomorrow brings. Today it felt like I had AF cramps... so, we'll see what tomorrow brings. When AF comes, it's not really cramps that I get, it's more like my ovaries are tugging or pulling away from my body... It's like a straining feeling... Does that make sense? My Luteal Phase is 12 days long, so I should start my period Saturday.
Which sucks... cause Saturday, we're going downtown to watch Alabama play football. We should have a great time, so if AF does show her ugly face, hopefully it won't put too much of a downer on the party!!
You'll be the first person I contact if I get my BFP!!!
I hope AF stays FAR FAR away from both of us!!!

Girl!! Have you done any HPT's yet??? I have 6 from the dollar store sitting upstairs calling my name and begging me to pee on them!
#38 of 50 Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 AM

C- Oh Lord if I have ANY tests at home I pee on them, so I never buy them. Lol. I learned my lesson a long time ago.
I haven't taken a test yet, but today is CD30 & I called the nurse & she gave me the go ahead to take a HPT. So I am going to *try* to hold out until Monday, but I am probably going to buy a test tonight!

I am so jealous you get to watch the game Saturday. I hope you have a blast.

I really, really hope AF stays FAR away from us for at least 9 months!

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
#39 of 50 Old 10-09-2010, 05:30 PM

AA - I hope Alabama can come back in this game. It's THAT sad that I'm now on the internet on my phone AT THE GAME!

But only cause I wanted to tell you I got TWO BFP's this morning!!!

Girl... I just cried and cried... It's not faint, but it's light. I'm only 12DPO today, so hopefully it will get stronger.
I'm supposed to start my period today, cause my Luteal phase is only 12 days long.

BUT... I think I O'd a day later than FF says... so I might still start my period tomorrow...?

I'm still having cramps... or that tugging feeling.

We'll see what tomorrow morning brings!!

GIRL... please!!! Go buy those HPT's from the $$ store already! I only have two $ store tests left and one FRER left. So, I'm saving the FRER for Monday or Tuesday so I can get a nice dark line on it!

I really hope my BFP's get darker tomorrow and you get your BFP also!!

I'll be there in Alabama in April for A-day... so if we get our BFP's together we'll definatly have to do some tall shopping together!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!!!
#40 of 50 Old 10-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Sorry, mama's don't mean to thread-crash, here, but I have conceived w and w/o Clomid and while at and above and even below target weight... so I hope what I have to offer could help:

CrimsonTide: (and everyone ttc!) I highly highly recommend the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You said something about waiting for a positive OPK to dtd-- this is almost always TOO LATE! Most women get preg from bd days before O! Timing is everything! As soon as you have wet CM (even before EW, but wetter than creamy) you should dtd every other day until your temp shift c: blessings and I will think bfp thoughts for all of you

I am saying this in the most loving and supportive way possible bc I have btdt on ttc while overweight: I was always told that O often returns without drugs and that drugs like clomid work better (or at lower doses, thus less side effects) if I would drop even as little as 5-10# (I was around 80# over my goal) and keep it off , or keep losing slowly (not too quickly, as that can be detrimental to ttc) and I would get SO offended, so hurt. I thought the dr was trying to guilt me into meeting weight goals before they would help me! Then, I gave up ttc and just thru other lifestyle changes (not really trying to lose weight) I did lose a few # and did conceive w/o drugs. So, the dr had a point, and it did happen for me just as they said-- they were not trying to be ugly about my weight.

Side effects on clomid-- I was mood-swinging pretty high and low! I felt scared and threatened about my health for no good reason! I even thought I was having an allergic reaction to the clomid! Ach! (in my defense, I am allergic to most of the rx I have ever had, LOL)

Hoping for babies soon for you, mamas!
#41 of 50 Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM

Congrats Crimson!

Your last post didn't show up 'til I had made mine
#42 of 50 Old 10-10-2010, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Crimson!!!! OMG I am so happy for you!!! Keep us posted
#43 of 50 Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone!!
We are SO excited! I think the clomid helped us time ovulation more than helped the follicles...? Princess let me know how things are going and when you're gonna take your first round!
Today is 14dpo for me and cd35. All my dollar store tests keep having the test line show up but its not as dark as I'd hoped for. So I took an FRER this morning and the line showed up nice and dark... and before the 3 minute time window...
So that made me feel 100% better!
Symptoms in the last two weeks have been sneezing (I mean all the time, I guess its cause I'm more sensitive to smells now), gas all the time, constipation, and hungry like its no bodys business! The past couple days I have finished my meal while my husband was only half finished with his.... he said Whoaaa cowgirl slow it down!! I said and I'm still hungry! But I'm gonna enjoy eating while I can because that morning sickness is gonna set in soon and I won't be eating anything.... if my husband comments again about me eating I'm gonna tell him to pipe it down... that this mama bear is getting ready for a 3 month hibernation and I won't be able to eat!
AA - how's it going girl!?!?
#44 of 50 Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Ah Crimson I'm so happy for you and your hubby! Well I started taking the soy isoflavones this month because my hubby still has to see the urologist at the end of the month but I just couldn't wait and do nothing. So for now I'm trying this and will see what happens this month plus I might have a change of insurance so we still have some things to work out. This was your first round on clomid right? Well I really am happy for you and I hope you enjoy every bit of it because you deserve it...
#45 of 50 Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Thanks Princess!

Yes, this was my first round of Clomid 50mg... I told my DH the other day, I think the Clomid helped the timing more than it helped the eggs! Eitherway, IT WORKED! We are so excited!

Last night we went out to eat, and my dinner came back up before we left...

I'll keep you posted on any other symptoms so you'll be the most prepared!!!

THANKS AGAIN!
#46 of 50 Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I can't wait to throw everything up! lol So have you been to the doctor yet?
#47 of 50 Old 10-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Princess! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! This morning-noon-night sickness is killing me! No Doctor's appointment yet. My insurance went with my job I lost...

I'm frantically looking for another job but my husband only wants me working part time.

AA - how's it going??

Hopefully I can get to the doctor in a couple of weeks or so. I keep taking HPT's everyday... the lines keep getting darker and darker! I guess until I go to the doctor and they confirm it, I'll keep taking the HPT's to confirm my doubts! Tomorrow should start my 6th week of pregnancy. I have all the symptoms everything says I should. I can't even wear some of my pants already!

Good luck to you girls!!! I'm praying for you!
#48 of 50 Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Ah Crimson I'm sorry to hear that but I do hope you can get to a doctor soon. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming girl cuz I sure need them and I am praying for you as well. Keep in touch and post some baby bump pictures lol I love looking at those.
#49 of 50 Old 11-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Hi Princess and everyone else out there!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted! September turned out to be our lucky month! I almost immediately started with morning sickness... but all day long! I've been in a hard battle with it. I lost 4 pounds in 3 days due to vomitting. I went to the doctor at the end of October because of the sudden weight loss, and they did an ultrasound and it's TWINS!!! I just started crying I was so happy!

Since then, the stomach issues have continued, I just got out of the hospital. It's like I have to learn how to eat all over again! They did another ultrasound in the hospital and they are both healthy and fine. I go at the end of November for another ultrasound. Right now I'm 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. They both have their own sacs and are both measuring the same length so they were fertilized on the same day.

If I ovulated on time (which I didn't) I would be further along. I'm glad we stuck with doing the OPK's until we got a positive. Those really helped and it helped to take the Clomid to get the timing down pat.

I know twins are a possibility with Clomid, but it's a small possibility. So I guess we're in the small percentage who gets pregnant with twins on Clomid. I only took one round of 50mg! Also, when I ovulated, I clearly ovulated from my left ovary. My ovary hurt all day and some of the next day, I could definately tell (physically, without the OPK's) that I was ovulating. The only weird thing is I didn't have one bit of implantation bleeding even with two eggs implanting???

Thank God we're pregnant with Twins and thank God they are healthy.

Good luck to everyone out there!

#50 of 50 Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM

Crimson - I know this is late, but I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!  And thank you for sharing your story.  I start my first round of Clomid tomorrow, and it gives me hope to read stories like yours.  Best of luck to you!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page