Clomid... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well its been a while since I've written anything here but I have some good news that I wanted to share with everyone. Today my husband and I finally got some hope from a new doctor on trying to get pregnant. For the first time in a long time a doctor is willing to help us get pregnant regardless of how much I weigh. Our doctor has suggested my husband get his sperm checked out and God willing if all goes well with that then we should be starting our first round of clomid next month. I am very excited because this is the closest we have ever come to getting a real chance at becoming parents but I still don't want to get my hopes up to much. I guess the day I take my first clomid pill I will feel much better. So if any of you would like to share any clomid stories as far as what to expect or anything at all please feel free. Are there any of you that were overweight or obese when you took clomid and was it successful? I would love to hear what everyone has to say...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope it goes smoothly for you.

When I conceived ds on clomid I was about 30lbs above goal weight after losing 70lbs. We conceived the first cycle.

I am now about 70lbs above my goal weight & we are about to start our 4th cycle of clomid to conceive #2. I am getting discouraged.

The side effects vary for everyone. Many women find the mood swings are the worst part. For myself the night sweats are particularly awful.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM

Hello All!!

lifeguard... don't get down... keep positive! NO STRESS!!!! Stress will mess all your eggs up!!

princess... good luck girl! Everyone deserves children, no matter their body weight!

AFM... Both DH and I are overweight, I am on my 4th month TTC, and I just finished my first round of Clomid 50mg. I chaulked the first four months up to bad timing. I took Clomid days 8-12 (which is later than the usual 3-7). My cycles are longer than usual, ranging from 33 days to 50 days, so I guess my doc was taking that into consideration. Anyhow, I'm on CD16 now, and my opk's show no ovulation yet, so I'll keep testing. However, it's only been 5 days since I took my last Clomid pill, so I have 5 more days.
Princess, you should ovulate around 5-10 days after taking your last Clomid pill. Since this is my first round of Clomid, I really don't have any major symptoms to report... Other than sore boobs and mild cramping, I only had one emotional outburst on the family last Sunday, quite funny actually...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you and wish you luck, please keep me posted on your progress and your symptoms!!! This is a learning process for me also!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Lifeguard thanks for the reply and I wish you the best of luck on getting pregnant. Don't give up or get discouraged it will only make things worse so try to stay positive. Please keep me posted on how things are going for you and if you don't mind could you tell me ur weight or BMI for some reason I am really paranoid about that because of all the complications the baby and I could have. I totally understand if you don't feel comfortable telling me any of that and I am sorry if I offended you in any way.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

CrimsonTideMom thanks for your reply as well and I really appreciate your help and information. The whole clomid thing sounds a bit confusing so I hope I remember what days I have to do what lol. I wish you the best of luck though and really hope you and your hubby get the baby you deserve. Keep me updated on what happens and don't get down about it because there is always next month...
Old 09-24-2010, 12:08 PM

Thanks Princess!!

I hope things are going great for you... I'm on CD18 today, just watery CM, and a bunch of BFN EPK's... So.... I'm hoping today I'll get that BFP EPK and I can get to DTD... I'm thinking tomorrow I should ovulate... Let's keep our fingers crossed! I'm so excited to have (possibly) pinpointed when I'm going to O, and get to BD on that same day... So here's to hoping!!

If I don't get a BFP this month, then next month I think my doctor said he would bump me up to 100mg... We'll see... Also, I'm hoping next month to do days 3-7 instead of the 8-12 I did this month...

Did your doctor say anything about the possibilities of getting pregnant with multiples? My doctor said there's a good chance... it just kinda scared me a little... But I keep reading online where there's only a 10% chance... So I'm thinking it's not that big of a deal???

Symptom wise... NONE in the past two days (which is wonderful)!!!!!

Good Luck to you girl! Keep me posted!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 PM

Ladies, i'm crashing here to say G/L to all of you and I want you to know that yes weight can be a factor but i'm 5'0'' tall and weighted 161 when I got pregnant with the little one i'm pregnant with now!!! (my BMI is 31) I tried the Clomid route and was unable to get pregnant. But I did try it for 6 months before going to my RE who put me on orals and injections and after 3 cycles of medication (i had 43-45 day cycles) i finally concieved. it took me a total of 30 months of trying to get pregnant but the doctor made me and DH try on our own for a year before he even thought about putting us on medicaion. Please ladies don't lose hope...there are always other options out there!!!!

As for my reaction to Clomid emotionally....I was a wreck! I cried at least once a day for 6 months straight. And then I'd cry everytime that the nurse would call be back and tell me that we would be starting another round of clomid because my hormone levels just weren't rising like they were supposed to! It got very very frustrating...but i never gave up! I guess my hardest thing to deal with was I got pregnant with DD #1 while i was on birth control pills though i was 51lbs lighter when i got pregnant with her than when i got pregnant with this one.

I'll be stalking these threads watching for progress from you ladies and I REALLY hope you all get your BFP's soon!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:57 PM

WOW!! Congrats Brandy! I hope everything goes great with you and your new little one!!!

When your doctor put you on Clomid, did they talk about multiples? Also, what dose did you use? I'm on 50mg right now, and I think if I don't get preggers this month they are going to switch me to 100mg... Also, he's talking about Metformin... I guess my doctor (because of my cycle history) didn't make me wait a year to put me on meds! MAN! I think I would just DIE!!!

How many DPO where you before you got your BFP!?!?!

Thanks for the insight hun! Keep us posted on how you're doing with your little one!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Crimson I totally hope you Ovulate and BD all night lol! As for the multiples, I have heard about that but my doctor didn't mention it to us. It does scare me a little but after waiting 6 years I will take as many babies God wants to give me. I'm so glad you haven't gotten any symptoms because from what I have read they can be pretty bad. I can't wait until next month to finally start the clomid! I'm so excited and anxious lol but my husband has his SA on Tuesday so I hope everything goes well with that. Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and you keep them crossed for me.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Brandy congrats on the new baby! You must be very happy and excited Can I ask why it was that your hormone levels wouldn't rise? What treatments or medications did you try that finally allowed you to become pregnant? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really excited and I kinda want to know what to expect.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:39 AM

I have a bmi of about 36. We stopped using contraception 7 years ago. I have tons of hormonal problems. Our first cycle of clomid at 100 mg worked and I'm now 19 weeks. I didn't think it would work for me, like maybe it was for people with less serious problems, but it did. I hope that it works as well for you.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 AM

Lifeguard- . I'm thinking of you. I've got everything crossed for you this month.

Princess- I felt like A-mac, too, that Clomid wasn't going to work for me, but I did three cycles and I'm 11 weeks pregnant (we also did IUI).

I was a total emotional wreck on Clomid. I also had a very hard time sleeping. For me, one thing I didn't anticipate was how much higher-stress BD'ing became for me and how hard IUI was for my DH. My RE told us at our initial appointment to remember to always be friends, and I feel like this was very sage advice.

I didn't O, even on 100mg. I O'd on 150mg, tho- TWICE. I'm pregnant with twins. TBH, we would have preferred a singleton pregnancy, to the point that we seriously considered NOT doing Clomid bc of the risk of multiples (7-10% ish). We figured we'd be the 90-93%. Regardless, we wouldn't change anything about it now, and I adore my two little growing ones .

I wish you luck and a quick pregnancy.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM

BabyGrey! That's Great!!! I'm so excited for you!!! This is kinda what scared me, but I'm only on 50mg at the moment, so I'm sure I have nothing to worry about. Man, I hate temping. I read WAY too much into it! This morning I had a temp spike from 96.5 yesterday to 97.7 today... AND all my OPK's are saying negative... Do you think the stupid things aren't working??? Who knows! My body may just be gearing up to O, but then doesn't... I hope that's not the case. My husband said last night as long as we BD everyday, we won't miss it... He's just excited over the thought of BDing all the time!! I was taking the every other day approach, but I'm starting to think my DH might be right... Cause what if I miss it due to these stupid OPK tests???

Also, I haven't had not a single O cramp... I mean... NOTHNG!

So, if I can't rely on OPK's or my body to tell me when I ovulate... then what is there to rely on???

OHHHH.... goodnesss.... what's a girl to do!?!?!?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Great News A-Mac! Thanks for sharing your success!!! What DPO did you get a BFP? Also, did you have any symptoms when ovulating with the clomid? Thanks for the insight!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Brandy can I ask how it is that you got pregnant while on birth control? Was it a mistake on your part or was it the pill?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM

I am currently on my second cycle of Clomid. My first round, around the time I was suppose to ovulate, I felt AWFUL cramps. And I wondered, if that is what ovulation is SUPPOSE to feel like. They did my blood test, and I had a progesterone level of 13! Before I took Clomid, my level was a 3! They want it to be around 15 or 16, so they bumped me up at 100mg. Today, I am CD 21, so I will be getting another blood test in 3 days!! =D

My AF was the most awful it has ever been though, my flo was SUPER heavy and super painful. I have never needed Midol or anything like it in my entire life, but I was DYING to take some this time around.

My BMI is 30, and I am 5'10. My doctor never said my weight would be an issue with him letting me take these drugs, so I am happy for that.

As far as the risk of multiples, I could care less. I would rather have 2 than 0. =)
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM

Oh... it's MONDAY again... I hate Mondays!

Anywho... I GOT CROSSHAIRS on my chart today! They are dotted crosshairs, but they are there, BUT I don't think I ovulated?!?!?! I had NO O pain like I should have, and all my OPK's are negative?!?!

See what you think... I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, hopefully it will make me feel better!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ffdc9

About the multiples, I spoke with my DH again this weekend about it, and he feels like First Shot Photo does... 2 or more are better than none at all... At this point, we'll take what we can get!

As for symptoms, I had loads of energy this weekend, and re-did one of our 1/2 baths. It looks SOOO much better, other than that, I have not had one cramp, no sore boobs... nothing! So either I haven't O'd yet, to have the pain, or either I just won't feel any pain? Maybe that's a good thing?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM

crimsontidemom - I hope you o. I never have o pain myself.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 PM

I hope your DH get's his count done. We always thought it would all be me since I was fat and had odd cycles but DH had a less than ideal count. My cycles eventually straighten out but still no baby. We had 3 rounds of clomid and IUIs and our baby just turned one yesterday.

I didn't mind the clomid so much. It gave me an energy boost. I may have been moody too but that wasn't my problem. Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM

lifeguard - thanks hun! I hope things are going well for you! Where are you right now in your cycle??

masal - Good to hear from another Clomid Gal! DH's swimmers are in great shape, so I'm hoping this Clomid will do the trick! When did you get your BFP with being on all your meds?

AFM - I guess I spoke too soon about symptoms... Yesterday afternoon late I had very VERY mild cramps and around 5pm I got an ALMOST positive OPK. The lines for the FIRST time this month were almost the same color as each other... So at least I know it's not the "stupid" tests, it was just me... Last month FF says I didn't ovulate until CD30!! So, at least this month with the Clomid, I should ovulate about 5 days earlier than last month. My chart is WACKED out this month! I don't know what to make of it!

TMI ALERT--- Okay! So yesterday, I went to the bathroom around 10am, and wiped, and there was light brown discharge... which made me really worried... But as quick as it came, it went away... So what do ya'll think that could be?
I read online at one place that said when you ovulate the follicle may scratch the lining on it's way out???

Lord, I think if I get pregnant this month it will be a MIRACLE!!!

I need to find a way to stress less... any suggestions?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM

I am also taking Clomid for the first time. DH & I have been TTC for 30 months. Found out last month my estrogen levels are low. I had a feeling I was not ovulating, & my doctor agrees.
I am hoping the Clomid works first try.

Today is CD20 & I had some spotting last night & today. I am REALLY hoping it is implantation bleeding & not AF!

CrimsonTideMom- I hope you get a positive OPK tomorrow. The best advice I can give about reducing stress is to keep yourself busy.

Good Luck everyone!

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM

crimsontidemom - I wish I could figure out a way to not stress about it!!! It's so easy to interpret every. single. thing. I feel as possible signs!

AA - good luck. cd20 seems early for implantation or af. Hope it works out for you.

afm - i still have af - weird, light af that doesn't seem to want to get going. Ugh. But my fil is in the hospital & not expected to make it past the end of the week, so we have decided not to take the clomid this cycle as it is unlikely we will have a good few weeks. I try to focus on this giving me another month to focus on the other things I'm trying to do (ie. lose weight, take b-complex & vitex, etc.).

Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Gosh Lifeguard! I'm so sorry to hear of all your worries and troubles! I hope things start to look up for you soon!!!

AFM - Yesterday I had the WORST O pain I have ever had, So I know I definately O'd yesterday! Which is a good thing, but dang! It felt like someone's hand was in my stomach turning and squeezing my ovaries! But, all is well today! At least that's over with! I guess that's the pain that "hurts so good"...

Anyway, no other symptoms really except HUGE boobs! I'm bustin' out my bra! Also, I'm having awesome hunger pains! I mean, it's like there's a monster in there that is going to let loose if I don't feed it! Don't know what that's about... but I thought I would share since everyone here is kinda new to the Clomid thing...
Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM

AA - Do some research on Ovulation Bleeding... I googled it and it really shed a lot of light on some of my symptoms. I had a spot of blood two days ago, but it was over quick, it sure didn't last two days like yours! I agree this should be too early for AF, BUT not too early for implantation, IF you O'd on the 14th, it COULD be early implantation... I read on the all mightly GOOGLE that depending on where your egg was when it was fertilized, it could implant as early as 4-5 days... So HERE'S to hoping!!!

Keep us posted, whatever happens! We're new with this too and want to know every twinge and symptom you're having! It's GREAT to have Clomid buddies!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM

lifeguard- It does seem early for both, so who knows!
I am SO SORRY about your FIL! You will be in my thoughts!

Crimsontidemom-Sorry about the O pain. Hopefully it is a GREAT sign though! You crack me up with the Google comments.
What is weird is I have never spotted before AF until a few months ago. HOWEVER it has NEVER been this early. It is just random spotting. Still happening today. It sucks because there is practically NO difference in spotting & implantation bleeding. Like everything else TTC. Geez!
I also had my 21 day progestrone test this morning, so I am excited to get those results!

It is so nice to find people going through the same thing as me. Hardly anyone in RL knows we are TTC, so it is nice to have an outlet, especially now that we are doing Clomid.

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Man... What kind of world would it be without Google and it's side kick Bing???

If I didn't have ya'll to talk to, I'd be like you AA - I wouldn't have an outlet to vent and discuss all the TTC problems and woes!

Just sat here and thunk... What did my Grandmama and my Mom do when they were TTC?? They sure didn't have Google... let alone a COMPUTER!

AA - I'm SOOO excited for you! I hope this spotting is a good thing!! KMFX for you!!! What strength of Clomid are you taking? And what days did you take it at? Im at CD23 today, so we're REAL close together!
I took my Clomid 50mg at days 8-12... My cycles are anywhere from 28-50 days, so it's kinda frustrating...

PRINCESS!!! Where are you!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Wow, we are close together. 2 days apart.
My cycles range from 26-46 days! SO ANNOYING!
I am actually taking 50mg of Clomid too. I took it days CD5-CD8. Is this your first cycle on Clomid?
I also agree I don't know how the hell people managed before google. I know we did, but I am lost as to how. And the poor women who were struggling with TTC before the internet. God bless them! I couldn't imagine.

Totally off topic question... do you live in Alabama?

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Okay, so I got the results back today. My progestrone level is 8.1!
The nurse said it is still high enough that I could be pregnant, but only time will tell. Also if/when I do start this next cycle they are doubling my Clomid dose. They want my levels at 14 or higher.
So IF I make it to CD30 I am supposed to call them to get an appointment for a blood pregnancy test. I could start as early as Monday(CD26),but either way I will know by next Friday!

TTC Cycle #30 for #1!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:09 PM

Hi AA!

I'm sorry to hear about your results... but I'll keep everything crossed for you! Good Luck and keep me posted!

No, I live in South Carolina and my husband graduated from Alabama... We would love to move there though! Thursday I was fired from my job, so we have had a lot of stress lately. Hopefully this won't kill my good cycle I have going. This morning I had the highest temp I've ever had while charting... So hopefully that's a good thing!

If AF comes this month, then we are going to do 100mg of Clomid next cycle. So AA - If all goes horribly for both of us, we'll remain cycle buddies at least!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 PM

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I got my bfp on 12 dpo. My beta at 13 dpo was 166, and all my ultrasounds have put the conception date a few days earlier than I could have ovulated, so apparently I have an early implanter. My progesterone was 13.9 at 6 dpo. I'm not sure what my early symptoms were because I hadn't had a normal cycle in the last decade. I do remember feeling crampy starting about 6dpo. I just found out that that we're having a girl. I hope everyone else gets their bfp.

User Tag List