Endometriosis? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

I'm wondering if you can help as I don't have any experience with endometriosis so I was wondering what you think...

I just got my AF back after 2 yrs 8 mths. I had really bad abdominal pain for about a month prior to it starting. At one point I thought I had appendicitis, but eventually it went away and I got AF. My next cycle I got pelvic pain again, mostly in my uterus area..very tender type of pain, and it occurs usually when I should be ovulating. My last period (only the second PPAF) was very heavy with clots, very unusual for me. I thought I may even had miscarrid, but I had a BFN so it is unlikely. Now I'm around ovulation again and I have a very tender pelvis/uterus. I used to get ovulation pain, but that was sharper and only lasted a few hours. I know its not that as it feels very different.

And for a little added background I've had two c-sections, so maybe adhesions?Or does this sound like endo to you? I'm still pumping 3x a day for my two year old..Oh, I also have PCOS and we are TTC #3 so I'd like to get this cleared up if you guys think it may be endo..all I need is something else to affect our fertility!!

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#2 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
HRJ

I don't know much about the c/s and adhesions. But the clots sound like endo as well as the ovulation pain. My pain around ovulation felt like cramps. I felt like I had menstrual cramps 3/4 of my cycle. And it was so bad around ovulation that I didn't feel like having intercourse to try to get pregnant. i also have clots and really heavy flow on my periods.
#3 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
HRJ

Also, I had always had heavy periods. But the clotting and pain were MUCH worse after I got my periods back postpartum (22 mos PP due to breastfeeding).
#4 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 PM

my mom had endo and i believe i have it but am not sure yet. my mom told me that endo doesnt grow while breastfeeding or while pregnant so i dont think you should be getting pains from it now if thats what it is. goodluck!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#5 of 5 Old 03-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Endometrial implants shouldn't grow during pregnancy, but it is possible for the disease to advance while breastfeeding. Although it will prolong the benefits of pregnancy for a while, once you start cycling again, the hormones are there, and the disease can come back.

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page