#61 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
Milletpuff!!!!
So exciting!

I start clomid tomorrow, 1st time. The consensus on the rest of the interwebs is to take it at night... comments? (I'm a little nervous.)
Yes I found it better to take at night.

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Leslie
TTC #: 3
CD: who knows
Testing: Nov 18
Trying Since: March 09
Plan for this Cycle: Just starting my 2WW after doing injectible/iui. Slowly starting to feel better. My ovaries are still pretty tender, but not as much overall pain as Thursday. I cannot even imagine what full blown OHSS feels like.
Link to Chart (if applicable): N/A
Thoughts: Just wishing that after IF and three miscarriages that I could have a get out of jail free card. Just get pregnant and not have to worry about losing the baby.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#62 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Just wishing that after IF and three miscarriages that I could have a get out of jail free card. Just get pregnant and not have to worry about losing the baby.

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#63 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 PM

Hi ladies!

2 days of clomid down, 3 to go. I am weepy. Otherwise, fine so far.

Name:jenger
TTC #:2
CD:7
Trying Since:August 09, 16 cycles
Plan for this Cycle: trtying clomid
Thoughts: It's hard not to get my hopes up right now, since I am on fertility drugs... but at the same time, what did it take to get here. I am sad and confused, especially with a lot of close friends and families announcing accidental pregnancies in the last couple weeks ...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#64 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM

jenger - nothing takes it out of you like pg announcements!

leslie - hope you feel better soon!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Sara
TTC #: 2 (but primary if - we have one adopted dd)
CD: 19, 9dpo
Testing: not unless af is late
Trying Since: 2002

Thoughts: I`ve been really tired this whole cycle - maybe a little anemic lately. I am trying to remember to take my vitamins and am getting back into the charting habit. Hoping, hoping that neither PMS nor cramps have me marked down for the next week.
#65 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Silverbird
TTC #: 1
CD: 7
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:?
Trying Since:June 2010
Plan for this Cycle: Trying to decide wether to break dh out of hospital and try PVS at home.
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts:
Any one have any experince of PVS. The on line journals talk about all these precautions, having three people present etc. Dh isn't in a high risk group and I don't know how long it would take to get anything happeing from our referal and I feel so impaitent. Any thoughts anyone.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#66 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post
jenger - nothing takes it out of you like pg announcements!
Agreed! And it always seems to be an 'accident'

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#67 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Just wishing that after IF and three miscarriages that I could have a get out of jail free card. Just get pregnant and not have to worry about losing the baby.
Right?! I am bleeding again. Why can't it just be OK?

Jenger I'm so sorry, I hate those. They are like a slap in the face. We know a couple who got preg the first try with their first kid and they were going to start trying again right around Halloween. I don't even want to call them or hang out because I am afraid of hearing an announcement! Sounds like clomid is going OK so far - so glad!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#68 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
baby

Just try to take it easy and drink lots of fluids...when is your first OB appt?

#69 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Praying for you!!!!

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#70 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 PM

We had an ultrasound scheduled for a week from Thursday, when I'd be 6w5d. I'm 5w1d today, and had another beta. Still very very low (299 at 23 DPO), and the doubling time went from 1.5 days (between betas 1 and 2, and 2 and 3) to 3.5 days between beta 3 and todays (#4).

There are no words for how much this sucks. Once again I return to the thought that there's no way this could mean a live baby.

#71 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Sorry I have been so inactive!!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: First Shot
CD: 17
DPO (if applicable): No idea. Althought I MIGHT have Oed today~
Testing: I have a blood test in a week for progesterone levels...
Trying Since: 2008
Plan for this Cycle:This is my second try on 50mg, but my third cycle of Clomid... we shall see..
Thoughts: I think I might get super awful cramps and pains when I O...hrm
#72 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 PM

Milletpuff I am so sorry that things are going like this for you.There aren't really any words to make this easier. Hopefully its one of those things that will get better on its own. So will they do an u/s or do you just have to wait? Ugh the waiting truly, truly sucks. I'll be thinking about you.

Silverbird I"m sorry I really know nothing about PVS. How long do you think your dh will be in the hospital?

#73 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 05:24 AM

Sending everyone much love and praying for all of us wanting to get  a BFP this cycle. 

Waiting for my Moon to show herself so I can get the ball rolling for the next go round. Friday cannot get here fast enough. Discussion with the RE is impending, but DH and I, well really me, have dedcided to go the next few cycles on our own. I just came back from my holistic doula class,I go one weekend a month. I learned so much about homeopathy and herbs and energy work that can be helpful to my fertility I cannot just ignore it and go straight to fertility drugs. I have done a clomid challenge and could not stand the stuff.

Again wishing everyone the best

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#74 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 02:43 PM

Milletpuff how are you doing?

#75 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Milletpuff.  Praying the pregancy goes OK dispite the bleeding.

Good like first shot and midful momma (and eveyone else).  I hope the herbs and stuff you lernt about work mindful mooma work. Let us know what they were!

AFM: So I broke dh out of hosptial for a few hours to try and steal his sperm! Home pvs didn't work but I didn't really know what I was doing.  But I'm glad I gave it a try so I don't feel like I've completly wasted a cycle.  And i'm glad dh was up for trying! we've got the next goal planning meeting to talk about a discharge date on 22/11/10 so I really hope he's out soon after that.  I miss him!

Went out to see comedien Mark Waston today.  he was funny and I had a good night out with dh.  But it was hard when he was saying about getting his wife pregant: "I always thought I might be infertile, I fail at everything else so why not that.  But I'm not we were hardly trying"  and all about how manly it made him feel.  Does that make dh a faliure?  is he less manly because we won't get pregant through sex? I'm not like really upset or offended but it's hard having it folloiwng you around on a night out to laugh and forget.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#76 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM

Silverbird, did you use a device especially for PVS? I started reading about this today after seeing your post and it seems fascinating. In one of the articles they had a picture and they were using 2 Hitachi Magic Wands. That would be extremely stimulating. lol.gif 

#77 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Cool can you pm or post a link.  I think I've found the pciture but I'm v bad at internet research so anything that seems useful would be helpfu to me!  The vibrators speicaly made for it are v expensive and need to be ordered from Denmark but I saw on a message bord where someone was ordering one and the reply was just use a omax so that's what I got.  I think I was doing the wrong place.  First time I've used the internet too look up picutres of penises but ttc does stange things to you! Unforutnly poor dh wouldn't be able to feel anything no matter how stiumalting it got!

#78 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM

OMG, this whole time I thought PVS referred to, um, P[male organ]V[female organ]Sex!! Hahahaha! OK, I'm embarrassed now!

AFM, bleeding has increased, light cramping today. My ultrasound isn't until the 18th, but I can't imagine not bleeding it all out by then. There's no way I can imagine this ending well. I've been feeling better about it, I guess. I could take pregnancy tests I guess and see if the line it getting lighter. But basically a complete medical miracle would ave to occur to make this all end well.

#79 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

Cool can you pm or post a link.  I think I've found the pciture but I'm v bad at internet research so anything that seems useful would be helpfu to me!  The vibrators speicaly made for it are v expensive and need to be ordered from Denmark but I saw on a message bord where someone was ordering one and the reply was just use a omax so that's what I got.  I think I was doing the wrong place.  First time I've used the internet too look up picutres of penises but ttc does stange things to you! Unforutnly poor dh wouldn't be able to feel anything no matter how stiumalting it got!

OK so I learn something new everyday! Its unfortunate that you don't get to just enjoy yourself together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post

OMG, this whole time I thought PVS referred to, um, P[male organ]V[female organ]Sex!! Hahahaha! OK, I'm embarrassed now!

AFM, bleeding has increased, light cramping today. My ultrasound isn't until the 18th, but I can't imagine not bleeding it all out by then. There's no way I can imagine this ending well. I've been feeling better about it, I guess. I could take pregnancy tests I guess and see if the line it getting lighter. But basically a complete medical miracle would ave to occur to make this all end well.

I'm really sorry this is going this way. Are you getting another beta or u/s?

#80 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Here are some of the pages I was looking at today:

http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347%2806%2902497-9/abstract

http://www.medicalvibrator.com/id69.html

http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/716893_3

http://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/urology/male_infertility/SCI.html

There was a study that showed that using two vibrators worked sometimes when one didn't. Also, did you do a full 10 min cycle? It seems like a lot of times if the first 2 minutes doesn't produce an ejaculation, that if you let the penis rest 2 minutes, and then try again an ejaculation will occur.

After you do a sperm collection are you going to insert at home?

I wonder if trying to be sexy during the collection would help trigger the response. Maybe be less clinical. Be like a naughty nurse. wink1.gif

#81 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks rhiandmoi!

From what I've read I was doing it all wrong and not for long enough.  Dh is coming home for the weekend so if my body co-operates I'll give it another go.

I'm not too worried about maganing it at home as we are on the waiting list for feritly treatment.  I just want to give it an extra shot you know.  If we were waiting for treatment for another reason we'd still have sex while we waited so I'm thinking of it like that.

I'm brought a syringe and collection cup on line so yes would inset at home.

I like the idea of being more sexy, just to make it more fun.  I did as part of a fun session :-)  But I don't think dh would go for a nurse! When you spend as much time in hopsital as he does nurse tend to be assoiated with ememas, blood draws and telling you off!

Millet puff don't feel silly.  I don't understand half what people are tlaking about here! I wish it did mean that.  I guess I was too shy to write out peniel vibratory stiumlation.

Praying for a medical miracel for you!

#82 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Name: Rhiannon
CD: 12
DPO (if applicable): Don't think I O'd yet, but not charting this month.
Testing: Finished all our IF testing, getting results on Tues. But my stuff looked good. Antral Follicle Count (AFC) showed 16 follicles on CD3, and both my tubes were open. Just need to find out DH's numbers but we should be a go for IUI starting next month.
Trying Since: Nov 2008
Plan for this Cycle: Doing a full IF workup this cycle, so mentally taking this cycle off.
Thoughts: Feeling pretty optimistic. Finding out that I have 2 clear tubes took a huge load of my mind about the cost of IF treatments. We can totally afford to do IUI a few times before jumping to IVF, which we can only afford to do one+one (one fresh and one frozen).

Once we got the news about clear tubes, we DTD the next day so hopefully some of those little spermies found their way through those wide open cleared out tubes to a little eggy that grew out of one of those 16 follicles. :
#83 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 PM

I had sharp pains on the side I ovulated from this morning so I went in for an US and more bloodwork. You know it's bad when the RE says "well the best case scenario is that this is a normal uterine pregnancy that's just failing. But we won't be able to rule out an ectopic for another week or so. There is a fraction of a percent of a chance that this could be viable, but you will probably lose it soon."

So, bye bye baby number 3. I need a little break from the interwebs, but I will be back to join you all soon. Please get pregnant immediately so I come back to an empty thread and can follow you shortly to a DDC :)

#84 of 156 Old 11-12-2010, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I had sharp pains on the side I ovulated from this morning so I went in for an US and more bloodwork. You know it's bad when the RE says "well the best case scenario is that this is a normal uterine pregnancy that's just failing. But we won't be able to rule out an ectopic for another week or so. There is a fraction of a percent of a chance that this could be viable, but you will probably lose it soon."

So, bye bye baby number 3. I need a little break from the interwebs, but I will be back to join you all soon. Please get pregnant immediately so I come back to an empty thread and can follow you shortly to a DDC :)

So did they find the egg sac during the US? Are they going to call you with your Beta again? Why do they think it isn't a viable pregnancy? Don't give up yet hun hug.gif My pregnancies have a 50/50 chance of making it so I definitely know that pain.

I did have one pregnancy where I was bleeding for 3 weeks and went in to get an US and they said they could find the egg sac but it had an asymetrical fetal pole and to expect it to miscarry in the next few weeks. I was devistated. I went home and just waited for it to happen. 3 weeks later I still hadn't miscarried as far as I knew so I went in again and low and behold, a healthy pregnancy! It can happen, don't give up hope if there is even a small chance that it could happen hug.gif

#85 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM

milletpuff:  hug.gif

I haven't been posting recently and I just sat down last night to read through this thread and I feltl like I was on a rollercoaster!!  Everyone has so much going on...I guess it makes me feel like I am normal, that we all have "stuff" to deal with.  My thoughts are often with a lot of you on this thread, even if I don't post often!

This month I decided to go back on Clomid.  It seems to be the only way to straighten out my luteal phase.  The only problem is, is that I don't really understand how to figure out day one of my cycle!  The past few months I wake up with one bright red spot and then nothing; then brown for a few days and finally normal flow.  My doctor said to wait until the first day I had heavy red flow and count that as day one but it is still confusing because then I only have a two day period.  If we are not pregnant this cycle then at least the Clomid should straighten that stuff out to where at least I know what day I'm on!!  The other big obstacle is that DH is in Michigan staying at my parents during the week for work.  It is next to impossible for us to have alone time, and when we do all I can think about is trying to get the BDing done before someone comes home!  Needless to say that is not really working out for DHredface.gif

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#86 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:

I am so sorry milletpuff! I know how agonizing all of this is. With my last pregnancy there was question of it being ectopic, but we already knew it wasn't viable. Take care of yourself.

#87 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM

milletpuff- so sorry. I will be here for a while with you so even if we get a lot of sticky BFP the next few cycles you will not be alone. Thinking of you. 

AFM- Had my post op with the RE. AS before all tubes are clear so that is good news. Got a review of all the testing we have done. I totally blocked out a conversation we had several months back about my AMH(Anti-Malarian Hormones levels. Well that was a smack in the face. My levels wee 1.3 and according to the RE it should be from 3.0 to 4.0. Basically the RE said that our options were drugs along with IUI or IVF. He feels that with my overall good health and good anatomy IUI should work within 1-3 cycles. DH and I are discussing what we want to do about all of this. I don't feel the need to start doing anything until February. That will give my body time to regulate back cycle wise. Still waiting on AF to arrive so I will just have to wait and see.

Much love to all

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#88 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 02:31 PM

hug.gif Milletpuff look after yourself and I'll good out for you when your back.

grouphug.gif  Hugs and good luck to all of us.  Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

I was wondering if anyone was following any particual books or programs for supporting their fertility? I see a lot of programs with diet and supplement to improve your fetility or chances if your using ART.  I was wondering if anyone had any particular to recomend or avoid.

AFM: It's been lovely having dh home for the weekend just doing normal things like shopping in Ikea.  We tired another attempt at PVS which didn't work.  I'm not too upset but I had started to have a little fanatsy about joing to two week wait this month.  I guess it's just waiting to hear from the professionals.  I'll have too find out where I we are on the waiting list.  I'm soo impatient!

dust.gif

#89 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

AFM: It's been lovely having dh home for the weekend just doing normal things like shopping in Ikea.  We tired another attempt at PVS which didn't work.  I'm not too upset but I had started to have a little fanatsy about joing to two week wait this month.  I guess it's just waiting to hear from the professionals.  I'll have too find out where I we are on the waiting list.  I'm soo impatient!

dust.gif

ohhh! I LOVE Ikea! Did you find anything interesting?

#90 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Well, it seems when they updated everything here, I got bumped from the thread. Boy, I had a lot of reading to catch up on!
My prayers are with you all, as it does seem everyone has a lot going on. Whew!

This is our second cycle after my surgery...and I'll be honest. I'm feeling optimistic. I'm really not sure if dh and got his boys there before I o'd, as he got back into town the day I was supposed to. (I would LOVE for ya'll to look at my chart and give me your opinion on things...someone will just have to tell me how to post a link. It's with FF)

It seems I'm a slow riser. :)

So, I'm in the TWW and praying for a good outcome!

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page