November 2010 Infertility One Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 156 Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh pink spotting. I'm hoping its just my cervix being irritated. I'm pretty sure I either have a yeast infection or irritation from the crinone.  I started a yeast treatment and went for a nap and woke up to some pink, I feel better though. I can't even imagine what I will do if we lose another baby.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 156 Old 11-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Leslie, how scary.  It's just the yeast treatment.  Really!  Believe in your little one, and I will, too!  dust.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#123 of 156 Old 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM

Thank you! Trying to stay calm over here.

#124 of 156 Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post

Ugh pink spotting. I'm hoping its just my cervix being irritated. I'm pretty sure I either have a yeast infection or irritation from the crinone.  I started a yeast treatment and went for a nap and woke up to some pink, I feel better though. I can't even imagine what I will do if we lose another baby.

Try not to worry hun! I ALWAYS get a yeast infection the first week I find out I'm preggers and that is my main sign the baby will stick! If I don't get one, I end up with a m/c in a month. So think of the yeast infection as a good sign and kick back for a few days, drink plenty of water, and I'm sure it will be fine!

sticky.gifsticky.gifsticky.gif

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#125 of 156 Old 11-21-2010, 10:29 AM

lesliesara-praying for you!!! Hopefully it's just the yeast infection. Yeast causes tissue to be very, very irritated and can bleed very easily. So, I'm placing my bet on that. How are you today?

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#126 of 156 Old 11-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

lesliesara Congratulations and fingers crossed everything goes OK.  Hoping the first months go quickly for you so you can relax and enjoy your pregnacy.

Rhiannon Congrats on your nice clear tubes! Hoping some spermies are getting it on with your eggs!

Sara I had a 17 day cycle last month, complety freaked me out! AF showed a week early right before a job interview! How your gyn can give you some help in getting your cycles evened out.

jenger hug.gif

Gretchen  Hope your insurance will cover you IUI.  Keep us poseted.

AFM:

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Silverbird
TTC #: 1
CD:21
DPO (if applicable):?
Testing: Hopefully some day
Trying Since: June 2010
Plan for this Cycle: Forget ttc and get really drunk drink.gif.
Link to Chart (if applicable):

Thoughts:    H     dd       f  f

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#127 of 156 Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Still can't get the thing to let me post my thorughts! Arrg!

Had a lovely weekend hanging out with old school friends.  Had a total blow out with drink and bad food.  Start again with clensing my body before feritly treatments tommrow!  Still not sure if we've been actualy been refered to the sepcialy spinal feritly clinic yet but appearntly it's not too longer wait.  It would be awsome if I were pregant by Jan.  Then I could have a blessing way and the nautal fmaily camp with the mother magainze in June.  Well I can dream!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#128 of 156 Old 11-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Congrats Leslie!!

I just wanted to post an update. I went in for an US on Thursday am because I had not passed the baby yet, and they saw a lot of blood in my abdomen, and I'd been in a lot of pain for a few days. I was checked in for emergency surgery. It was an exctopic pregnancy but they managed to save my tube. I am not sure if that matters yet, because I am not sure that I can bring myself to try again, and we may be ready to move to adoption. I am sorry that I won't be visiting with you here but I wish you all the very very best, and happy healthy pregnancies.

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#129 of 156 Old 11-21-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post

Congrats Leslie!!

I just wanted to post an update. I went in for an US on Thursday am because I had not passed the baby yet, and they saw a lot of blood in my abdomen, and I'd been in a lot of pain for a few days. I was checked in for emergency surgery. It was an exctopic pregnancy but they managed to save my tube. I am not sure if that matters yet, because I am not sure that I can bring myself to try again, and we may be ready to move to adoption. I am sorry that I won't be visiting with you here but I wish you all the very very best, and happy healthy pregnancies.

OMG! I'm so sorry hun! I'm glad they were able to save your tube! Please feel welcome to come and visit us whenever you can hug.gif

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#130 of 156 Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 AM

milletpuff hug.gif I'm so sorry for your loss but pleased that the surgery could help.  I'm hoping adoption will help you build the family you want.

#131 of 156 Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh, Milletpuff, I am so sorry. (I can't find the stinking hug smilie)  But if it was the old MDC, :hug.  This has been so hard, you have gone through so much. Take care of yourself, OK?  Hugs to you and your partner.

Congrats, Leslie!

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#132 of 156 Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 AM

Milletpuff I am so sorry. Knowing that your tube was saved is a great thing, but not knowing how you feel about trying again is hard. Sending you healing love. hug.gif

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#133 of 156 Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Milletpuff....I'm so sorry! <HUGS!>

Well, it finally happened to me. The last straw, happens to be my neighbor. She just told me they are expecting again. I am very happy for them....and ya'll understand the rest.

I feel so selfish. And I'm hormonal as hell.

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.

#134 of 156 Old 11-23-2010, 10:41 AM

And now I'm starting. Boo.

#135 of 156 Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 PM

hug.gif A huge great big hug for you Zaneele!

I think we all now how you feel.

Any chance all pregant women could just be hidden away for a bit untill we join them?

#136 of 156 Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Milletpuff I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.

Zanelee hug.gif

AFM I got the 2nd beta back yesterday and it was 1619. I was so convinced that it would be low that I was making myself crazy yesterday. The losses we have had definitely change the "happiness factor" of getting pregnant. Now I just somehow have to not go nuts waiting for an u/s on Dec 8. I'm going to have a hard time finding thinks to wear until then. I never in the past would have considered telling co-workers at 6 weeks. But if the u/s is good then I will go ahead and tell because I need to wear bigger clothes and I can't hide this.

#137 of 156 Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Zanelee - hug.gif I'm so sorry hun! I just had a wave of babies being born in my circle of friends, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and announcements of pregnancies soon to follow...

Lesliesara63 - joy.gif I'm so happy for you! Let us know how the U/S goes!!

#138 of 156 Old 11-24-2010, 01:42 PM

wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

here I am with my period starting on cd16 AGAIN.

This time `round I was charting, though, and I think, though FF doesn`t agree, that I ovulated. I missed a few temps at the beginning of the cycle - maybe that`s why FF doesn`t like it? But if anyone has a moment and would like to peek at my chart and tell me what you think, I`d appreciate it. Although with ovulating so very early in my cycle, and having such a short lp, I doubt I am in good shape to get pg.

Here`s the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/31e1f3

Sigh. The cycle before this was all of 20 days long, and before that, another two week cycle, and for the past several months they have been tending toward 23, occasionally 24 days.

#139 of 156 Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post

This time `round I was charting, though, and I think, though FF doesn`t agree, that I ovulated. I missed a few temps at the beginning of the cycle - maybe that`s why FF doesn`t like it? But if anyone has a moment and would like to peek at my chart and tell me what you think, I`d appreciate it. Although with ovulating so very early in my cycle, and having such a short lp, I doubt I am in good shape to get pg.

Sigh. The cycle before this was all of 20 days long, and before that, another two week cycle, and for the past several months they have been tending toward 23, occasionally 24 days.

I"m sorry don't know much about charting to decipher it for you. That does seem really short though. I know mine at around 24-25 days seemed really short. You'll have to refresh my memory. Are you seeing an RE right now?

#140 of 156 Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post

Yeah, I'm not seeing ovulation there either...only possibility is cd7 that I can decipher! I'm sorry hun! I hope next cycle works a bit better for you hug.gif

#141 of 156 Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Wallabi - Is it a full on AF? Maybe it is midcycle bleeding and not AF.

Lesliesara - joy.gif Can't wait to see you officially join the graduates list!!

Milletpuff - grouphug.gif Be gentle with yourself. If adoption is your next step, I hope you are matched quickly.

As for me - My emotions are all up and down right now. I have had a tiny bit of extremely light spotting the last 2 days (CD 24 and 25). This is not unusual for me, but usually it gets heavier and heavier and then after spotting for 2-3 days AF will show up full force. This spotting is most evident in the morning and then gets lighter and lighter all day. I also don't really feel all that PMSish. Like I am not craving sugar or salt right now. So I keep thinking - well I'm probably pregnant! Then I think - That is so unlikely, it's probably something weird going on with my hormones. Then I think - I could still be pregnant! Then I think - What are the chances of that. Be logical. Then I think - Well it is only CD 25 and I'm not charting, so let's just wait it out and see what happens.

I am kind of glad I am not a POAS-aholic because I am sure I would have dozens of BFNs by now. So I'm just waiting it out. If AF doesn't show by Monday, I'll order some tests online which will put me testing maybe in a week. lol.gif
#142 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 03:16 AM

bawling.gif So I'm feeling really rubbish today.

Finally got our re appoinmnet on 10 dec which I should be happy about.

But the litrature says it's an 18 month waiting list for IVF!!!!!

Bang goes my fantices of having a babe in arms by this time next year!

It's so unfair.  I want to have a baby by haivng sex.

Atually I'd love to be able to have sex!

I'd even love to have normal fetility problems so I could at least have a tiny chance each month.  So I could use herbs and diet.

And of course I feel guilty for windging.  My husbands lost the use of his legs, penis, bladder and bowls.  I guess having to wait a while for a baby's nothing compared to that.

#143 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

I'd even love to have normal fetility problems so I could at least have a tiny chance each month.  So I could use herbs and diet.

And of course I feel guilty for windging.  My husbands lost the use of his legs, penis, bladder and bowls.  I guess having to wait a while for a baby's nothing compared to that.

Oh hun hug.gif I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for! I'm glad you got the process started. To me, its so much easier to at least have a date and time line of things to come instead of everything up in the air. My husband had a spinal injury as well and I completely understand the frustration that goes along with it hug.gif

AFM - Well I'm 5 or 7 dpo depending on where you put me. I think I agree with how FF has it right now, but part of me thinks there is a small chance I could have O'd a few days later. It doesn't really matter either way bd wise so I guess I'll wait and see! Anyone else have an opinion? Now I'm just hoping his sperm count is up!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MoOnFiReGlOw

Edit to add: sevenslings.com is having a promotion for a FREE sling! All you have to pay for is the shipping. I know it seems far away, but I am fully confident that all of us being pregnant is a matter of WHEN not IF so I went ahead and got one hoping I'll get to use it soon! The promo code is 'Thanksgiving'.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

#144 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM

Thanks moonfire glow.  Good luck for this month!

Do you mind me asking more about your husbands injury? What effect it's had and when he got it? Understand if you don't I get fed up talking about it sometimes.

#145 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks moonfire glow.  Good luck for this month!

Do you mind me asking more about your husbands injury? What effect it's had and when he got it? Understand if you don't I get fed up talking about it sometimes.

Oh not at all smile.gif He had L4 - S1 discs torn as well as dessicated and herniations of several discs above. We went to a surgical consult and we were told there was nothing they could do with such an extensive injury. He was in a wheelchair and completely helpless for 1year. He hated and despised having to depend on me for everything b/c he felt that it was unfair that I had to deal with all the boys and he was basically another child. We dealt with a ton of depression and such during that time as well. I ended up trading in our car for an old suburban to fit the wheelchair in and dropped all but 2 classes school wise so I could take him to his dr. appts.

Sexually, as you already know, the nerves and responses for the penis are controlled/embedded in that lower lumbar/upper sacral area. So for the past year and a half he was RARELY ever in the mood, if ever. Getting him going took over an hour to get any response at all, and if I did get a response, taking advantage of it was difficult b/c of how much pain he was in from the back injury. On average we were only able to dtd about once, or twice a month if we were lucky. We found out not long after that the medications he was on KILLED his sperm count and caused the enzyme around the head of the sperm to mutate to where it couldn't penetrate the egg. So even if we were lucky enough to get the timing right and have sperm up there to meet the egg, it wouldn't be able to fertilize it.

Finally we took things into our own hands and did the rehabilitation on our own pace. My husband was able to get 'electricity' feelings in his legs, so I began to do massages up and down the legs 3 times a day as well as other exercises to help strengthen up the muscles that had started to atrophy. I started to assist him with walking around the house so he could use his legs and bought a cane and crutches to get him out of the chair. He was out of the chair in a few months! Then he slowly moved from the cane to unassisted walking, then to 'comfortable' walking. The final hurdle was getting him off the meds. He was still in a huge amount of pain! I felt bad, but we needed him off the medications so we could see how he was really feeling. We tried to wean him off and that didn't work so he just gave all his meds to me and I hid them. A week later he was med free and surprisingly relatively pain free! Now we are trying to see if there was any lasting damage done to his sperm or if we are just out of luck.

The whole process took around 2 years or so and we've been trying for about 1.5 years or so of that. It was definitely not easy! He still has days where he is in some pain, but nothing that an advil can't take care of vs. using the extreme pain meds he was on before.

Feel free to message me if you want hun! I have not problem talking about it at all.

#146 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 01:46 PM

Wow. Silverbird and MFG-Ya'll are amazing women!

I cannot imagine the hardships that you have both dealt with, and what your husbands had to/are dealing with. Not just in the getting pregnant area.

I am awed by you two! :)

#147 of 156 Old 11-25-2010, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post

Quote:

Oh hun hug.gif I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for! I'm glad you got the process started. To me, its so much easier to at least have a date and time line of things to come instead of everything up in the air. My husband had a spinal injury as well and I completely understand the frustration that goes along with it hug.gif

AFM - Well I'm 5 or 7 dpo depending on where you put me. I think I agree with how FF has it right now, but part of me thinks there is a small chance I could have O'd a few days later. It doesn't really matter either way bd wise so I guess I'll wait and see! Anyone else have an opinion? Now I'm just hoping his sperm count is up!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MoOnFiReGlOw

Edit to add: sevenslings.com is having a promotion for a FREE sling! All you have to pay for is the shipping. I know it seems far away, but I am fully confident that all of us being pregnant is a matter of WHEN not IF so I went ahead and got one hoping I'll get to use it soon! The promo code is 'Thanksgiving'.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

You both ARE amazing.

And I just bought a sling.  Thanks for the tip! That's quite a deal.  Maybe I can give it away as a gift.. That way it won't sit in the closet taunting me...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#148 of 156 Old 11-26-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys hug.gif

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw

Date: November 27

Where are you in your cycle: CD 31, 9dpo

Symptoms if they apply:
Have had to pee a lot, but I've also upped my liquids this week so I'm assuming its just the cause/effect thing and not really a sign.

When are you thinking of testing? December 1 is my test date. I'll be 13dpo and I've never made it that far...

Thoughts: I'm a bit anxious since I'm back in the final stretch of the 2ww, but my temps are crap, so I'm not too hopeful.

Appointments: None

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope!

Do you have any stress triggers: My classes are really stressing me out right now. Finals are coming up and one of my teachers is making completely unrealistic demands, so we will see how that goes...

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Knitting and chanting 'Only 2 more weeks of school' orngtongue.gif

Partner's feelings if applicable: Not really here nor there. He just got a new job so he's pretty excited about that.

Plans for the weekend: Homework greensad.gif

#149 of 156 Old 11-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Thanks guys!

And thanks moonfireglow.  I can never remember dh's sipinal numbers but he's paralised from the waist down.  So yer we've got all the assoiated issues of no erection or ejectulation and a ton of meds.  Luckily he froze a donation before xmas so hopeflu we can use that.

That's great that you were able to rebilitae your dh like that! Does he wlak all the time now or does he need a chair for long distances?

I'm lucky that dh is really capable in the chair. Now the house is adapted he can totaly look after himself (and me too sometimes)

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Silverbird
TTC #: 1
CD: 3
DPO (if applicable):
Testing: nope
Trying Since: June 2010
Plan for this Cycle: doctors appoinment and begin reserching clinics.
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts: I really don't want to wait 18 moths!

#150 of 156 Old 11-28-2010, 02:03 PM

thanks for the niceness and looking at my chart last week! I have been seeing too much of AF lately!! I am still inclined to think I ovulated last cycle, on cd7, with an lp of 8 days, as my temps dropped right back down at the start of this cycle and have stayed down. Uuuugggh. I don`t want AF to visit every two weeks! But on the upside, I have something concrete to take to the doctor (I see ob/gyn/infertility clinic section of a medium-sized hospital, so not an RE, exactly, but they do infertility treatment and testing and refer me in-house for bloodwork and hsg and the like), as that is the third absurdly short cycle in a row and looking back over my charts, I see several 21 and 22 day cycles over the past 5 months or so.

Name: Wallabi

Date: November 29(monday)

Where are you in your cycle: cd5

Thoughts: still grumbling at my body - too  many periods, headaches and general wiped-outed-ness of late. I am sort of coming to grips with being unwell much of the time, which sucks big time as far as infertility and life in general, but it has been a good thing in so far as I am going to get myself off to the doctor this week and try to get some help, and ask for testing for anemia, thyroid and any vitamin and mineral levels they suggest, and hope that gets me movin` in a better direction.

Appointments: Stopping by the gyn today to ask for thyroid and vit/mineral testing, and a referral to the endocrinology department to discuss autoimmune diseases in general and celiac disease and autoimmune thyroid disease in particular. I hope. I have to pull this off in whatever combination of my Japanese and the dr`s English that we can manage.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: no, but hopefully the dr`s will suggest something

Do you have any stress triggers: life is pretty busy right now, as it always is this time of year with harvest time and outdoor market event type things going on, but happily we made it through a visit by FIL last week with minimal stress, so things should be looking up!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: errr..I am open to suggestions

Plans for the weekend: whoops - weekend is gone. hope you all had a nice one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page