November 2010 Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive #1

First Shot Photo - TTC #1 since Feb 09. Hoping 50mg of Clomid is the answer!

songtothemoon - TTC#1 since May 2009. Attempting IVF in the very near future!

rhiandmoi - TTC #1 since November 2008. Just starting to get tested to see what is going on.

Silverbird - TTC #1 with MFI and one ovary

AutumnLaughing~32, TTC #1 since June of 2008, PCOS + possible endo, clear HSG, using progesterone cream, DH ambivilent due to unemployment.

Blueyezz4~Unexplained Infertility; TTC “#1” which is really #3 after losing #1 & #2 (twin boys at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 conceived after trying for 3yrs). We are heading toward IVF now after 3 more failed follistim/IUI cycles! Fingers crossed!!

indianagrl~36, DH also 36. TTC #1 since 10/08 with unexplained infertility.

fierrbug Tiara (33), DH (34) – TTC #1 since 2001, 3 mc’s. Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD) which relates to other hormone/insulin/egg quality issues + some clotting properties. In limbo awaiting a miracle to get GH injections in conjunction with a future IUI.

stretch358~TTC since Aug. 08 with hashimoto's thyroiditis. Other than that the RE says Unexplained Infertility.

Tear78~TTC #1 since 5/2008. Two m/c in 2008/9, laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to remove endometroid cyst in 2010. Trying IUIs with breaks in between when necessary.

ladylaura~Laura, 25, TTC#1 since May 2007, using donor sperm b/c of husband's genetic defect.

InGodsHands- Me:30 Mild Endo, Possible PCOS; DH: 32 Perfect except for low morphology. TTC #1 since March 08. Currently doing 2nd IUI with femera/follistim/trigger. Hoping for a miracle!

simplymere~ pregnant once 2 years ago, lost pregnancy. Trying Clomid for the first time now, due to not feeling sure about having medical help. Did have moderate endometriosis removed Febuary 2009. Overall a frustrating journey.

Trying To Conceive #2

mindfulmomma - TTC#2 since April 2009. Unexplained Secondary Infertility. Had HSG, bloodwork and Clomid challenge so far.

Jenger - TTC#2 since August 2009, diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism in August 2010

Trying To Conceive #3

zanelee- TTC#3 for 4 years now. Secondary IF due to cervical cancer surgery, and possibly non-care from doctor at that time. May have other issues now related to the non-care. (Trying not to be bitter) Dh SA is great. Have our first RE appt. next week. Praying!

NishaG - TTC #3 since January 2009.

Trying To Conceive #4

MoOnFiReGlOw - TTC #4 since April '09. Had MFI due to medications. Now off meds for 1 month and hoping to get a bfp here soon.

Taking a Break

MrsD08~Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D. #1 since September 2009 with male factor infertility. Saw a new Urologist 2/23 and 4/18. He does not want to proceed with ANYTHING until we get a SA....UGHHHHHH! First RE appt. 7/14!

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, Brichole1214

Losses

Milletpuff, Victorian Patch, lovebug

Missing in Action
I just went through and deleted those who haven't posted since May. If you are still lurking but haven't posted let me know and I'll add you again!!

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:
CD:
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since:
Plan for this Cycle:
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts:

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#2 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: MoOnFiReGlOw
TTC #: 4
CD: 5

Testing: Nope
Trying Since: April '09
Plan for this Cycle: Just going to stick with the prenatals and try to get some exercising in.
Link to Chart (if applicable): Not much to see yet.
Thoughts: Well I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. Seriosly, heaviest period I've had to date. I'm hoping that means everything is cleared out and ready to go for this new cycle!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#3 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Millitpuff and no5no5 -

I totally understand why you guys are so cautious right now! Let me know when you feel more sure and confident about the pregnancies and I'll add you to our pregnant section! I'm so glad we have some perspective graduates

#4 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the new thread MFG

and I am excited for you Milletpuff and No5no5! I totally get caution, but I am gonna be excited for you anyway. You both deserve this!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Jenger
TTC #:2
CD: 1... Booo
Trying Since: August 2009
Plan for this Cycle: Well, I *might* get a script for clomid. I have seen the RE once, and I ovulate regularly, so who knows if they will give it to me. Someone will call me this afternoon, the person on the phone said.
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/jenger
Thoughts: I have know this cycle was a bust for a few days (since last Thursday) so I'm not surprised. But I was kind of hoping that the thyroid thing WAS the answer... is it? And it's cold, and I'm tired. Waaa.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#5 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Hello Ladies,

New to this board thread. Thanks for having this here MFG

Just had an Exploratory Laparoscopy this morning. I had an HSG done back in May that showed a possible blocked tube. DH and I decided that we would wait a few months and continue TTC #2 on our own. Well that fell through so we decided to go through with the Lap to see WT heck was going on. Good news and Bad news all in one clip. Good news is that I had a very small adhesion removed(not sure how small yet until I get my Op report). Yeah! no Hydrosalpinx, no massive amounts adhesion/scar tissue keeping us from getting pregnant. Bad News no Hydrosalpinx, no massive amounts adhesion/scar tissue keeping us from getting pregnant So WTH! Why aren't we getting pregnant. UGH! I would so much rather have something clear to point at, Here this is we can fix it, than the standard Unexplained Secondary Infertility.

Name:MindfulMomma

TTC #:2

Testing:HSG, Standard blood work and Clomid challenge thus far.

Trying Since:April 2009

Plan for this Cycle:Healing from a Laparoscopy, going off of the BCP and get regular again with my cycles. Look into some TCM for healing and fertility.

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#6 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all I tried to join in Aug but never quiet made it! I'd like to join now if I may.

Our issues are:
dh has a spinal tumor which causes:
* No sponatious errections (and viargra can impair fertility)
* No spontaious ejeculation
* Spinal injury usually causes poor sperm motlity.
* Chemo and radiotherpy usually damage sperm.
and I have one ovary (which thank god seems to be doing OK).

So were just at the stage of really seeing where we are and what help we need.

Dh only had the chance to make one sperm donation before treatment. anyone know if one donation=one cycle of IUI. Would it be better odds with IVF?

So we're ttc no#1 with MFI and one ovary.

Name: Silverbird
TTC #: 1
CD: 1
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since: June 2010
Plan for this Cycle: hope dh is out of hospital when I O! seriously this month is just preparing my body and mind for when we can start ttc again
Thoughts: looking forward to trying again and hoping we can see a doc soon.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#7 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM

You guys, I just fail to see any way at all that this could be a viable pregnancy. BUT, the agony is prolonged for another three days at least. My second beta came back at 34, so a doubling time of less than 2 days. And my progesterone went from a 5 to a 15 (I started prometrium on Friday night). But I've got a constant light flow (definitely more than spotting) and terrible cramps. And I just don't feel pregnant. When I was before, I was EXHAUSTED, and I was even exhausted on Friday, but since then nothing.

This limbo is so hard. It's so hard to keep my heart open enough for the tiny possibility that this baby might stick, but still protect my heart and not be too wrecked if it doesn't.

On a lighter note, how much do you pay for prometrium? I am taking the little yellow gel pills (designed to be taken orally, but I was directed to use them as suppositories). Just wondering - I don't think the pharmacy charged my insurance (DP picked up the rx).

Jenger, did you get the prescription? IME most REs LOVE to prescribe, even if you are ovulating - saves them lots of work of testing to actually find out what's wrong!

MFG sounds like a major "fall cleaning"! Glad it's over.

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#8 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:Nisha
TTC #: 3
CD: N/A. Currently taking Provera to induce AF. I have PCOS.
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since: Had a m/c in June 2009. Been officially trying since January 2009
Plan for this Cycle: RRLT, Femara 5 mgs, PreSeed
Link to Chart (if applicable): I use a CBFM
Thoughts: Just trying to stay positive.

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#9 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: no5no5
TTC #: 2
CD: 26
DPO (if applicable): 13
Testing: 2nd beta on Wednesday
Trying Since: '07
Plan for this Cycle: stay pregnant, if possible
Thoughts: I'm feeling pretty blank, actually. I'm not trying not to get excited, but I'm not really getting excited either. (Thanks, guys, for being excited for me. ) I think if the betas come back okay I might start to get excited, or I might not. I told DD (4 1/2) today, because I figured there wasn't really a way to keep it a secret from her given that she tags along to all my doctor's appointments and listens to me when I talk on the phone, and she's feeling pretty much the same as me, I guess.

milletpuff, I would probably feel the same as you in that situation, but don't give up hope yet.
#10 of 156 Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Milletpuff I will keep it all crossed for you! The mixed emotions can be so confusing though. A rising beta that doubles is really good. My thoughts are with you while you wait for the next blood test. I just filled a script for crinone and prometrium. I'll look to see how much it was.

no5no5 Good luck with those betas! Let us know when you have some numbers to share!

Welcome Nisha, Silverbird & mindful mama! Hope you have a short stay.

Mindfulmama I felt the same way after my lap. Glad nothing was wrong, but wth weren't we conceiving?

AFM
So I went for an u/s this morning. Six follies - 2 @ 17mm 2 @ 15mm and 2 @14mm. I'm triggering tomorrow night so hopefully those smaller ones don't catch up. I got to hear the magic words "triple stripe" about my uterus which is good. Usually the lining of my uterus is pretty thin when I take clomid so hopefully this will work out. IUI Thursday morning.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#11 of 156 Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
On a lighter note, how much do you pay for prometrium? I am taking the little yellow gel pills (designed to be taken orally, but I was directed to use them as suppositories). Just wondering - I don't think the pharmacy charged my insurance (DP picked up the rx).

Jenger, did you get the prescription? IME most REs LOVE to prescribe, even if you are ovulating - saves them lots of work of testing to actually find out what's wrong!
Hi MP, thinking of you, hoping you have a sticky one, despite all the crap you are going through...

I pay about $18 for 60 (I think...) 100mg capsules. I do the same - and oral pill I stick up in my business.

I also go the prescription... From a different RE, as the one I went to was out of town. After all the hustling to get it, however, DH isn't sure he's ready to go there... arg.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#12 of 156 Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Thanks Jenger. Is that after insurance coverage? Or just the retail price? Mine were WAAAAAY more than that!

Why is your husband not sure about the clomid? Ugh, I hope that you can come to an agreement smoothly. One thing that has been so unexpectedly hard in this process is that me and my partner are just two separate people with different timelines for things. Can be so frustrating, cos the IF experience is isolating enough, it's hard to feel at odds with my teammate in the process.

#13 of 156 Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM

millietpuff

good luck no5no5 hope it works out for you!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#14 of 156 Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM

Name: Rhiannon
CD: 3
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since: Nov 2008
Plan for this Cycle: Doing a full IF workup this cycle, so mentally taking this cycle off.
Thoughts: Pissed off at DH. He was complaining that he had to have a blood draw with his testing to do a metabolic and disease panel. In the mean time I did a blood draw today, I have to do a GTT tomorrow, I had a transvaginal ultrasound this morning and I do HSG next week. Him and his one blood draw can kiss my booty.

Hoping that we aren't dealing with blocked tubes so we can do IUI in Dec. I'm going to max out my FSA for next year so we'll have money do IVF starting in Jan, but I want to do 3 cycles of IUI before we go there.
#15 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Hi all I tried to join in Aug but never quiet made it! I'd like to join now if I may.

Our issues are:
dh has a spinal tumor which causes:
* No sponatious errections (and viargra can impair fertility)
* No spontaious ejeculation
* Spinal injury usually causes poor sperm motlity.
* Chemo and radiotherpy usually damage sperm.
and I have one ovary (which thank god seems to be doing OK).

So were just at the stage of really seeing where we are and what help we need.

Dh only had the chance to make one sperm donation before treatment. anyone know if one donation=one cycle of IUI. Would it be better odds with IVF?

So we're ttc no#1 with MFI and one ovary.
Welcome, Silverbird!

In my opinion, IVF is the ABSOLUTELY BEST route for you. I'm certain any RE would agree. IUIs have a MUCH lower rate of success and you have a very limited amount of semen. IVF has a MUCH higher success rate than IUI--at least 3x the rate of success.

Kat

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#16 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 AM

milletpuff and no5no5 - GL on your betas!'
Sending you sticky vibes and

BTW, milletpuff - LOVE LOVE LOVE your signature!

Moonfireglow - please add me to TTC#1

AFM - Looking forward to starting Lupron soon. We had our first cancelled IVF cycle in October.

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: songtothemoon (kat)
CD: 15
DPO (if applicable): n/a
Testing: HSS clear, uterus great. AFC (antral follicle count) 12--good for my age!
Trying Since: May 2009--2 losses
Plan for this Cycle: IVF all the way, baby!
Link to Chart (if applicable): no chart
Thoughts: Ready for a sticky baby or two ASAP! Feeling hopeful right now. Praying that egg quality is excellent. Doing acupuncture, massage, taking royal jelly, bee pollen, DHEA, DHA, fish oil, prenatal, vitamin D. Basically, the "kitchen sink" approach!

GOOD LUCK and Super-Sticky-Baby Vibes to everyone on this forum!!!!!!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

#17 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

~* Updated till here!*~

AFM - Well guys, on the ttc front everything's peachy! On the health front not so much. My dh just went to the ER and is probably going to get admitted and have an emergency bowel resection done due to Diverticulitis I'm not a happy camper right now! I'm a bit upset b/c the hospital he has to go to is over 2 hours away and due to school for the boys and me and lack of family around I won't be able to be there with him. Please keep him in your thoughts as I'm a bit freaked out right now. There is a chance he will just get sent home with more antibiotics, but after 2 bouts of Diverticulitis you're supposed to get a bowel resection...he's on bout 6...

#18 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
~* Updated till here!*~

AFM - Well guys, on the ttc front everything's peachy! On the health front not so much. My dh just went to the ER and is probably going to get admitted and have an emergency bowel resection done due to Diverticulitis I'm not a happy camper right now! I'm a bit upset b/c the hospital he has to go to is over 2 hours away and due to school for the boys and me and lack of family around I won't be able to be there with him. Please keep him in your thoughts as I'm a bit freaked out right now. There is a chance he will just get sent home with more antibiotics, but after 2 bouts of Diverticulitis you're supposed to get a bowel resection...he's on bout 6...
MoOnFiReGlOw - to you and DH. Sending prayers and good vibes that he gets sent home with antibiotics!

#19 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 AM

Hi Ladies, care if I join?

Name: Krissy

TTC #: 2

CD: 11

DPO (if applicable): I don't normally ovulate without some help, so who knows.

Testing: If AF is super later, I will test

Trying Sinceec 2005, IVF #1- Dec 08, FET#1 Jan 11

Plan for this Cycle: Had my mock transfer, SIS, and teaching today!! Having my gallbladder removed on the 8th.

Link to Chart (if applicable): don't keep one other than tracking AF and CM

Thoughts: So excited to get the show on the road for our FET. I got my tentative calendar today, YAY!! Excited and nervous as to what the next few months will hold for us. My DH will be 40 this April and we are wanting to be done by the time he is 42, so if this works, it might be our last baby, and if it doesn't we will do another fresh cycle which if we have snow babies we will most likely go past his 42nd birthday.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#20 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 AM

MFG, I will for your DH. That sounds super scary AND a PITA.

Welcome, Krissy & kat. So exciting! Good luck!

AFM, I did get my first beta back, which looks fine (67), but obviously one number doesn't tell you much. I'll go in this afternoon & get my second. My thyroid numbers are odd; T4 & TSH are both slightly high, which basically means that I'm both slightly hypo & slightly hyper. I'm not sure what to do about that. I am also wondering whether I should ask them to test my progesterone level. I'm not sure why they didn't. Isn't that sort of standard?
#21 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM

MoOnFiReGlOw hope it works out ok for him. poor thing

Kat - thanks for your reply. If dh doesn't have any more viable sperm I think we will go for IVF. Dh is very and I'm a little worried about the side effects of meds. and with all the medical stuff we've had the last two years we'd prefer as low tec as possible. I've no idea how I'd react to hormones, I was fine on the pill but reacted horribly to morphine and tramadol.

dh has been refered to specialist spinal injury clinic. I'm hoping the can get sperm through PVS. that has a 50% successe rate in people with his level of injury. If we can do that we'll do IUI, if not I recon straight to IVF.

#22 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 AM

Moonfireglow - Wow!!! So sorry to hear what is going on in your life! Praying everything works out!!! Take care!

Silverbird - Wow, to you lady!!! "Through sickness and health and death do us part" you are a good role model!!! I'd go right to IVF if i were you!! We did 5 IUI's and that is with just unexplained infertility and those 5 didn't work. I'd say just go right to the "big guns" and let them pick out the best sperm and get it into the egg for you! That is just my opinion after doing so many failed IUI's. Best of luck to you and your DH!!!

No5no5 - Congrats on your beta numbers ! Rise numbers, rise!!! I have had high thyroid numbers (hypothyroid - i know, it seems backwards but that is right) and i've heard when you are just ttc they want them in the 2's so i'd be sure to say something to someone about that. High thyroid #'s can increase your chances of miscarriage!!! Also, yes that is really odd that they didn't check your progesterone numbers!! Isn't it awful how you have to be your own advocate so much more now a days. Thanks God for the internet or how would we all get so knowledgeable? Good luck to you!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#23 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM

No5no5 that is really odd that you have elevated T3 AND TSH. Did they offer you an explanation at all? Or suggest a treatment? Sorry for forgetting, but are you already on thyroid meds? Crazy! When you get the second beta back? Go baby go!!

MFG - I am SO sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine not being able to be there with him. How scary. Is he in surgery now? When will he be out? I'm thinking of the two of you and sending so much love and healing.

AFM, watching insane amounts of TV and movies till I get the third beta back tomorrow at 4.

#24 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
No5no5 that is really odd that you have elevated T3 AND TSH. Did they offer you an explanation at all? Or suggest a treatment? Sorry for forgetting, but are you already on thyroid meds? Crazy! When you get the second beta back? Go baby go!!
I'm not currently on thyroid meds, but I have been in the past. I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune) thyroiditis, so my levels fluctuate a lot, but the last time I had them checked they were the best they'd ever been (even better than when I was on synthroid). It is weird. Just to be clear, both are only slightly elevated, but still. Slightly is enough to cause a miscarriage, according to my old endocrinologist.

I have not actually talked to anyone about my numbers yet. DH works at the same hospital as my RE and was able to look my numbers up for me. So, I'll probably get my 2nd beta back tonight, but I probably won't talk to anyone until tomorrow. I hope there's good news for both of us!
#25 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 PM

I just got a call and my betas are totally great. They took roughly 28 hours to double. My progesterone is fine (and I'm supplementing, so it should be). So I'm psyched. Wrt the thyroid, the plan is to wait & retest later. That makes sense to me. Tomorrow I'm going to call & schedule my first ultrasound, for the Monday after Thanksgiving.

So I am officially pregnant. I don't know how long it'll last, but I'm going with it. I'm even starting to get excited.

Good luck to all you ladies.
#26 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM

HOORAY!!!!! Go baby go!! That's SO great. That's a fast double!! Congratulations, I'm so glad you are feeling better about it. Happy, healthy, and TOTALLY uneventful 9 months to you.

#27 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM

Congratulations no5no5!

#28 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 PM

Congrats no5no5!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#29 of 156 Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Happy, healthy, and TOTALLY uneventful 9 months to you.
And to you too.
#30 of 156 Old 11-04-2010, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

no5no5 - I'm so moving you to our grads

AFM - Well, there's good and bad news. Good news is dh didn't have to go back into surgery quite yet. Yet being the key word there. They got him an emergency appt. with the GI doc to get scoped and see what is going on. They think that he had Diverticulitis and now his Crohn's is acting up and flaring but since the meds that they use for that are so tightly controlled he can't get them till his appt.

So I'm kinda in an emotional limbo right now! On one side I'm relived that he's ok for now. Still in pain, but ok. But now I'm worried about all these new meds he's going to be put on and what their impact on his boys is gonna be. We *just* got him off all his meds and he was well on his way to having a normal SA. The last one we did was MUCH better!

I'm totally being selfish though, all that matters is that he is hopefully going to feel better and we'll just keep on trying and see what is in the cards for us

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page