Anyone have issues with Crinone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm feeling a little irritated down there. I don't know if its irritation from the Crinone or yeast from too much moisture. Argh IF is literally such a PITA!!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#2 of 18 Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes!  Crinone builds up in there for me, and I end up feeling a little yeasty.  My only suggestion is that you could go in there once a day and "clean house" before putting in the new suppository. (I know, ew).  I don't know what the docs would say about that recommendation, though.  I only do it when it's really grossing me out.  Sorry it's so yucky!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#3 of 18 Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Tear! BTW great news on how well you ivf is going so far. I'll keep an eye out to see your good news!

#4 of 18 Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM

So, I wasn't having any issues until today.  Tear, if I uh, make a clean sweep of things before putting in the next dose, I won't be decreasing my dose will I?  It stops working long before 24 hours, yes?

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#5 of 18 Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

lol...I don't know for sure: I'd ask your doctor.  But what you could do is do a clean sweep right before putting in the new one.  It seems to me like that wouldn't affect things, right?  Sorry it's building up.  :ew

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#6 of 18 Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 AM

OK, ew is right!!  I've been a little out of touch down there since my egg retrieval, and I thought I'd see if there was something I could do about the buildup.  There was a lot.  Yuck yuck.  Well, I feel better now.  I probably won't "clean house" every day, but maybe every few days.  ROTFLMAO.gif

#7 of 18 Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

OMG this fertility business is so gross!

#8 of 18 Old 11-19-2010, 08:19 AM

Oh my!!!!!!!  I just stopped by to figure out what this Crinone stuff was (I'm assuming it is vaginal progesterone suppositories - right?)....didn't expect this!   LOL... reading this post makes me happy that my butt is sore from the PIO shots!!!!  Good luck to all of you ladies! 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#9 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 PM

Anyone know how much Crinone cost out of pocket?  Hopefully I only have a few more weeks and was thinking of switching to Crinone maybe, but we will have to see.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#10 of 18 Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM

We were paying about $270 for 15 applications from Walmart.  The last couple weeks it decrease to $240

We found the following link that allowed us to print a card that took about $45 off of the prices above.  http://discounts.rxbattle.com/coupons/prescription/Crinone-Coupons.html

Hope that helps.

#11 of 18 Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatam0408 View Post

We were paying about $270 for 15 applications from Walmart.  The last couple weeks it decrease to $240

We found the following link that allowed us to print a card that took about $45 off of the prices above.  http://discounts.rxbattle.com/coupons/prescription/Crinone-Coupons.html

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for that info!! Did you have to use it once a day or twice a day? When you said 15 applications I wasn't sure if that was 1 or 2 x's a day.  I'm thinking of trying it with our frozen transfer in Feb or March.  Appreciate you sharing the coupon too, that helps!!

#12 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatam0408 View Post

Hope that helps.

Holy moly!  Thanks for sharing this.  I would have had no idea.  I get it through my insurance for a $30 co-pay (and I am extremely thankful to live in an infertility-mandated state!). 

#13 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

eeew. Now I don't know if I am excited to be doing IVF or grossed out by it.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#14 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

LOL rcr!!!!!!!!! Were you planning on using them???

#15 of 18 Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

LOL rcr!!!!!!!!! Were you planning on using them???

I don't know exactly what I am taking yet (I have another appointment coming up). Whatever this crinone stuff is though, I don't want to go near that!yikes.gif

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#16 of 18 Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Aw man, I'm starting Crinone after I O in a few days...  Now I have something to look forward to....  eyesroll.gif

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#17 of 18 Old 03-28-2011, 05:15 AM

Okay, so I've crossed over and started Crinone Gel 8% this morning (used the PIO shots last time).  It seemed so simple and easy so far.  I'm looking for your tricks... do you insert it usually before you get out of bed or do you normally get up and pee first and then insert the Gel?  I'm only using it in the am so that is kinda simple.  Even though I'd think it be even easier to do it at night before I go to bed, but I'll follow the orders.  I know some of you talked about how it builds up in there... isn't it a gel though and wouldn't it just dissolve, in a perfect world right?   Can you tell this is all new to me???!!!!  Okay, fill me in.  TIA

#18 of 18 Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
rcr

Blue - I already told you about my experience in the IVF thread, but I will add that I did it after I got out of the shower, and I got the leftover stuff out of me when I was in the shower (which was not that bad at all). I actually did not have that much build up inside, so I ended up clearing it out every two or three days or so.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page