new here with questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been seeing an ND and I'm 35. My progesterone tested at 11.....7 days after ovulation. I usually ovulate around day 12, 13 and this month 14. My cycles are short-usually around 25 -26 days total. I saw my ob/gyn recently. She was concerned about my progesterone levels and offered me a vaginal suppository progesterone to use the 2 weeks following ovulation. She also suggested the dye/x ray the tubes test to look for blockages. I have one child, who I conceived easily the first time. What are the chances I now have an issue with a blockage? She thought unlikely so I wasn't ready to go down that road and if a blockage is found....what is the treatment? I forgot to ask the question. . My progesterone was tested in the spring-I've been on herbs and supplements and am thinking of asking for a re-test before starting the suppositories. Is progesterone supposed to help with lengthening the luteal phase? I also see an accupuncturist and have been for 18months now as well. She suggested a SA for my DH to rule that out-since that's not physically invasive-we may do that but again....he's healthy-and we have one child already.

#2 of 3 Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

additional info: my first was a c-section. I am just now learning that this may have caused scar tissue? is this the case with others with secondary infertility? I didn't really have a choice-it was a true emergency. but ugh.......

#3 of 3 Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM

edited

Me (33) wife to DH, mommy to DD (11/06) and expecting 5/2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page